Who Am I?

By MorganTyrell

For these five high schoolers, life seems easy. They all hang out in different groups; have the best in anyth... More

Who Am I?
Dane Ericson
Jem McBain
Rex Henderson
Abilities Unleashed

Casper Henderson

36 4 2
By MorganTyrell

so its FRICKEN HOT and i totally didnt feel like writing this, but ive been away to  new zealand on holiday so i really needed to upload something. so, despite the 40 dgree heat i wrote 1, 4500 words!! btw, 40 degree  heat is in celcius, so its really 104 degrees for all the americans reading.

 Also, the pic on the side is Casper. the real dudes name is Grant Gustin.

Enjoy!

Chapter five

Casper Henderson

I woke up not how I typically would. I was laying on something that felt feathery, and I felt at peace. I thought I might be dead.  It made sense though. One minute I was teaching Jem calculus and the next I woke up in… where am I anyway? My self conscious mind told me to open my eyes, but part of me wanted this limbo to remain a mystery. I decided to open my eyes.

I didn’t expect what I would see.

First of all, I was covered in cherry blossoms. Hundreds of thousands of them surrounding me. I half sat up and started digging. It seemed like there was no bottom, just mountains of blossoms. I looked up to see nothing, nothing but blossoms. I searched around to see where they were coming from. There was my answer. A ginormous cherry tree was centred in front of me.

“What is this place?” I mumbled to myself. I heard a shuffling behind me. I turned around.

“Jem?” I ask incredulously

Jem doesn’t respond, instead lying there with a smile on her face. I run to see if she is alive when I see another body nestled in the cherry blossoms. Dane Ericson? What the hell is going on? I debate to myself whether someone is playing a sick joke on me when someone interrupts me.

“CASPER!”  The infamous Rex yells before tackling me in a hug.

“Rex? What’s happening why-“  I start.

“Dude, I seriously have no idea. One minute I was in the police station, and BAM I’m here. Also, I found this chick.” He gestures behind himself, to Carmel Sanders limp body.

“Did you drag her here?” I ask, stunned

“No! I carried her.” He responds

“What the fuck is this!” I hear from behind me. Dane has woken up.

“Oh, dude, we have no idea. I think this is some alternate univ-“ Rex begins explaining.

“No, man. Carmel. What did you do to her?” he demands.

“Nothing. I carried her here; she was far away from us. That’s all.” Replies Rex, rather intimidated.

“Better be.” Dane says frostily.

Eventually, Jem and Carmel wake up, just as confused as us.

“I don’t understand this. This ‘field’ or whatever, is never ending. How do we leave? Where ARE we is a better question. How did we even get here? Do you think someone took us here? Do you think we’ll die? God, I hope not. I still have to go to college, travel the world, see things!” Jem whinges desperately.

“Can you shut up?” Rex asks, not a hint of politeness in his. Jem death glares him.

“Maybe one of us should climb the tree to see where we are?” Carmel suggests.

“DIBS!” yells Dane, scrambling to get to the trunk. He charges at it but falls back a few centimetres from it.

“Haha! Fail, dude! Star athlete can’t even climb a tree I’ll show you how real men do it!” yells Rex loudly.

Rex saunters confidently over to the tree and reaches his hand to grab the branch and screams in pain.

“OW! Theres some kind of force blocking me!” He yelps.

“Oh, sure. ‘Real man.’” Dane guffaws.

“Only Casper will be able to do it… he is so strong.” Jem says, her voice sounding rather huskily. She bats her eyelids furiously. I look at her with a concerned expression before returning my focus back to the tree.  I decide to take a logical approach, and walk straight up to the tree with my hand outstretched. It touches softly against a hard surface. After a few minutes of poking and prodding I turn around to expectant faces.

“Yup. There’s a barrier.” I say flatly.

“Why the hell would there be a barrier around a tree?” asks Dane, frustration in his tone.

“For the protection of the human race.”

We all spin around, wondering where this voice has come from. We see a lean leg merge from behind a tree, and another. Our mouths drop in horror.

“That… that’s a deer.”

-          - - - - - - - - - - - - - -        - - - - - - - - - - - - - -      - - - - - - - - - - - - - -      - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

We don’t move. We don’t speak. We all stand glued to the spot, staring at this deer who has just spoke to us.

The deer doesn’t seem too phased.

“Do any of you speak? Master said you may be simple creatures…” the deer states.

Carmel speaks up.

“US? Simple creatures? We are the smartest beings on the planet!” she says defensively.

“He also said you may have tempers.” The deer chuckles. Again, I take the logical point.

“Um, excuse me, Mr Deer, could you may be explain what’s happening?” I ask politely.

“Yes, but call me Xavier, not Mr Deer.”

“Oh, um sure Mr… Xavier.” I respond.

“Better. So, where shall I start? Oh, I know! Welcome, to Wildefell.” He says, a proud look upon his face.

“Cool intro dude, but that tells us barely anything. Details!” Yells Rex, frustrated.  The deer sighs, and continues talking.

“As you may have noticed, peculiar things have beginning to happen to you. And this is not the first time it has happened to you either. Passing out, I mean. You five are special. Rare breed. One of a kind. You all possess extraordinary powers.”

“We do? Because honestly, I think you may have me confused…” Carmel starts, but the deer interrupts her.

“You know nothing. I am wise, and you are learning. You all possess planets, and the gods of those planets are within you. You can perform amazing feats, coming from the traits of your gods.”

“Dane Ericson, you possess” the deer is interrupted by Jem.

“How did you know his name?” she yelps.

“We have been waiting for you for a long time. How could we not know your names?” he replies with a shocked expression.

“Waiting for us?” I ask.

“Yes. Ancient legend states that five heroes would be born the same year. Then, once all of them had turned sixteen, the end of the world would come. All of you need a small amount of training, but you are mentally ready. The world is being threatened by three others, also born the same year as you. The cherry tree,” he gestures behind himself “holds the power to human life. These three other humans want to destroy it.”

“How do you know all this?” I ask

“We have been waiting for thousands of years. Our whole lives have revolved around waiting for you.” Xavier responds, and continues explaining our powers.

“Dane Ericson, you possess Jupiter. Jupiter is represented by Zeus, leader of the gods. Therefore you are the leader of your… friends. You have super strength and are able to withstand large amounts of force. Jem McBain, the beautiful one. Your planet is Venus, hence your inner god is Aphrodite, the goddess of beauty and love. You hold siren-like abilities, such as luring men in, and morphing skills. Rex Henderson, you epitomise the planet mars, and you represent Ares, god of war. You do not have an ability per se, more an object of power. You have a multipurpose weapon which can form into nearly anything. Carmel, you hold the power of Neptune, the god is Poseidon. You have the power over water and you can turn into a mermaid. And lastly, Casper, you withhold the power of Mercury, so your god is Hermes, messenger to the gods. You have the ability to mind read, and pass on messages telepathically. You are expected to protect our world and yours. Any questions?” Xavier asks. There is a small pause and then we all start talking at once.

“I can’t save the world I’ve got cheerleading?”

“Are sure I’m the right guy? I can barely lift 20 pounds!”

“I don’t have time! I have to study!”

“Um, No. I’m the star foot baller! People EXPECT, no, people NEED me to be at the games!”

“I’ll do it.”

We all turn and look at Rex, who non-committedly shrugs his shoulders.

“What? I’m bored, and I don’t want to die.” He says, tipping his head.

“Well that’s fantastic that at least ONE of you are slightly enthusiastic. But, you don’t have a choice in the matter. You are PERMITTED to do it. The world is depending on it. You have one week to adjust and hone your powers. Also, you are not close. Organise some time to bond. Good bye now.

“WAIT! We need to know more!” Dane yells, but its useless. My vision is disappearing and I can feel that everybody else’s is too.

I wake up, back in the classroom.

Continue Reading