The War of the Alphas: Book 1...

By booklings21

"The war is coming." "What should we do?" "The only thing we can do. Hope that it doesn't destroy us as i... More

Characters Part 1
The War of the Alphas
Excerpt
1| Crown Pack
2| Lycan Pack
3| Crown Pack
4| Lycan Pack
5| Lycan Pack
6| Crown Pack
7| Lycan Pack
8| Crown Pack
9| Lycan Pack
10| Lycan Pack
11| Crown Pack
12| Lycan Pack
13| Lycan Pack
14| Lycan Pack
15| Crown Pack
16| Lycan Pack
17| Crown Pack
18| Lycan Pack
19| Lycan Pack
20| Crown Pack
21| Lycan Pack
22| Lycan Pack
Characters Part 2
23| Crown Pack/Summit Pack
24| Crown Pack
25| Crown Pack
26| Lycan Pack
27| Lycan Pack (Mature)
28| Lycan Pack
29| Rogue/Summit Pack
30| Rogue
32| Summit Pack
33| Red Moon Pack
34| Lycan Pack
35| Red Moon Pack
36| Lunar Claw Pack
37| Lycan Pack
38| Lunar Claw Pack
39| Red Moon Pack
40| Crown Pack
41| Lycan Pack
42| Phoenix Pack
43| Lunar Claw Pack
44| Red Moon Pack
45| Lycan Pack
46| Phoenix Pack
47| Lunar Claw Pack
48| Red Moon Pack
49| Phoenix Pack
50| Red Moon Pack
51| Lycan Pack
52| Phoenix Pack
The Terminator
53: Lycan Pack
Explanation and Advice

31| Summit Pack

1.5K 103 36
By booklings21

Summit Pack: Alpha Ryan

Ryan's POV

I slowly open the door to Asena's bedroom. She's sleeping soundly on her bed, curled up in a ball with a book lying open next to her. I smile softly at the sight.

Even though it's nearly noon I can't judge her for sleeping in so late. I know she hasn't been sleeping well since our fight, according to her Mom. I haven't either.

I feel bad, making her upset for the past three days. Her mom told me she has barely come out of her room and won't eat very much.

But a part of me, the selfish part, feels good about it. It gives me hope that she does have feelings for me, that we can have a future together.

I remember first lying eyes on her when I was twelve years old. It was my Moms birthday so everyone in the pack came to celebrate at the house, including her family. She had her brown hair curled in little ringlets down her back and her bangs nearly covered her eyes. She was wearing a pink dress with white tights, but she also had on a cape and a yellow and brown scarf.

All the other kids laughed at her but she didn't seem to mind. While her parents socialized she went into the corner and pulled out a Harry Potter book. She read it all night long, not having a care in the world for anyone else.

After that night I didn't see her for a while. Our pack isn't into socializing very much so it wasn't abnormal and she was grades below me in school.

The next time I saw her was the first day of senior year, and her freshman year. My eyes zeroed in on her and all I could focus on was her brown hair that I had engraved into my memory. She was sitting alone in the cafeteria reading her book, just like she did years before. Except this time, she seemed to notice the stares everyone gave her. From the way she hid behind her book I took it that she didn't like it very much anymore.

I watched her again every day for the next two months. For the first few weeks I never sought her out, she was just there, in the hallways, in the library, in the front office helping out. But eventually I found myself spending parts of my day searching for her, just so I could she her. She had no friends, not werewolf or humans. The werewolves thought she was a bad omen, she was the daughter of a human and werewolf. She was the omega. And the humans, well by rules of the pack she had to stay away from them.

She stopped eating the cafeteria and I did too. She would eat her packed lunch in the library, flipping through the pages of a book while I hid between the bookshelves yards from her.

Asena never noticed me until the day I punched someone for her.

It was in October and school had just gotten out. The air was getting colder and colder with each passing day and colorful leaves littered the ground around us. Everyone was walking home, getting in their cars to go home. By that point my eyes naturally found her in every room, no matter how crowded.

I saw her, backpack hunched over her shoulders, binders in her arms as her skirt flew in the breeze. I was enamored by her, by everything she did. Then she tripped over a crack in the sidewalk and went sprawling on the ground, her papers flying through the air.

Everyone in the vicinity stopped and stared. They were horrified for her. I was horrified for her. I was about to go help her up, finally introduce myself when a sophomore boy parted from his group of friends to run to her aide.

I stopped in my tracks, letting him help her. I felt . . . angry as he smiled at her, told her a joke to make her laugh and helped her to her feet. I've seen him around school multiple times with different girls. He always seemed to be flirting with them or messing around with his friends on the wrestling team.

As he knelt back down to pick up some of her things I knew that I wanted him gone. He was going to get something I wanted and I was not going to stand for that.

But then the smart part of me spoke. He was helping her, she was making a friend. I didn't want to take that from her.

I was going to turn my back and walk home, give up on the thought of her when I saw him sneakily snap a picture of her from behind as she bent down to pick up her binder.

I forgot what happened after that. Next thing I know I'm being hauled off from him by my friends while he was bleeding profusely underneath me, screaming for someone to help.

I remember looking into Asena's eyes and for the first time she noticed me. She didn't look afraid like everyone else around us, she didn't cower away from her future Alpha as many other people do. She just saw me and that's all it took for me to fall in love with her bushy hair, big glasses, acne, and big buck teeth.

That night I told my parents what happened after they got a call from the school. I told them that she had no friends and how that boy took advantage of that. Being the Alpha and Luna they began to worry about her. They called her and her family over to talk about what happened. Her parents showed up but she didn't.

They said that she hadn't come home from school. They didn't seem worried about it one bit but I was terrified. She hadn't shifted yet and she was alone. It was already dark out and someone, like that boy from school, could have taken advantage of her.

We searched all night for her. I even made my Dad call out for his trackers to find her.

By the time we found her it was almost midnight and she was sitting beneath a tree reading, her phone illuminating the pages.

Her parents told me that she does that often; hide away for the day. They tried to reassure me that she always comes back.

The next day I picked her up for school, which she was beyond surprised about. When she asked why I told her it's because we're friends. She told me she never had a friend before and I said good, then I'll be her first. She smiled and forced me to eat lunch with her that day, which I was happy to do.

No one bothered her again and the whispers that pack members usually made about her around me stopped.

From that day on we were best friends, but I've always wanted to be more.

I always managed to keep my feelings towards her on the down low but when she shifted for the first time and her skin cleared, her vision became perfect, and hair smoothed out I could barely contain myself around her, as well as other non-mated males.

Within the matter of a day she became the most beautiful female in our pack but she wasn't my mate. She wasn't anyone's in the pack, thank goddess.

"Ryan," she whines, opening her eyes slowly. "What are you doing here?"

I make my way through her dirty room, stepping over clothes and fallen items. One of those items is a picture of us two, the glass cracked around the photograph. I gently pick it up and carry it over to her. She sits up in bed, her eyes red from waking up and her hair a tangled mess.

I still can't help but think she's beautiful.

"I was mean to you," I sigh, not daring to look in her eyes. "I know that and I want to make it up to you."

Seconds pass before she finally whispers, "how?"

"Well," I say, running my finger over the picture of the two of us. "As you know I was planning on travelling to Red Moon pack to visit Alpha Zelus, to see how things are going over there. He wanted to discuss the possibilities of our members switching packs for a few months and learning each other's training techniques."

Asena gasps, her eyes going wide as saucers. "Are you saying you're letting me train with Red Moon Pack? They're amazing fighters! Oh I would love that Ryan!"

Frustrated I stand up, letting the picture frame land on her bed. "I'm not letting you move away Piggy," I say angrily. "Why would you think that?"

"Well- I just thought-"

I shake my head, my fists clenching at my sides. "I was asking if you wanted to go visit their pack? Just for a few days."

Asena's shoulders slump and a frown turn her lips upside down. "What's the point?"

"Because I can't go, at least not for a little bit. He wants me to leave this coming week but I've missed out on so much work since I ran off to help Parker. I need someone to fill in for me, just for a few days."

Realization dawns on her face and a smile splits her face in two. "You want me to go and act as Alpha?"

"Well kind of," I whisper, rubbing the back of my neck. "You would be acting as the pack's Luna, my mate."

She looks at me confused, trying to think it all through. "Why your mate?"

"Because Alpha Zelus won't let you do any deals with him unless you have a title and what better title than Luna?"

"But that's lying Ryan."

Sure it is, I think to myself. "He won't notice," I say instead. "So, will you go or not?"

Without hesitating she squeals, "Yes! Of course!" She jumps from the bed and wraps her tiny arms around my waist. I smile to myself and let my arms find their familiar spot around her, pulling her closer to my chest.

"I don't want to lose you," I whisper, not meaning for her to hear it.

She squeezes tighter, smiling against me. "You won't Ryan. We're going to be best friends forever. No matter what."

Oh great.

...

Asena's POV

"Ryan," I whisper, tugging on his hand. His eyes leave the group of our pack members in his front yard he's been staring at for the past five minutes to look down to me.

"Yes Piggy?"

"Is everything okay," I ask concerned. "You seem worried. You know they won't magically disappear if you take your eyes off of them." I nod towards the group of fifteen members, mostly fighters who, if this deal goes through, will be transferred to Red Moon pack for a couple months in exchange for some of their fighters as well.

Among them is also Beta Oliver and the only other person I can call a friend who isn't Ryan or my Dad. His name is Wes and he's my bodyguard whenever Ryan seems fit, but I don't like to refer to him as that.

I've known him as long as I've known Ryan. When Ryan graduated high school and I didn't, he made sure to have someone in my grade that could keep an eye on me during the school day. It was a precaution to make sure that no other humans toyed with me like in my freshman year.

But since we've graduated high school I haven't seen Wes as much anymore. He's busy becoming the best fighter in the pack, training twenty four seven while I'm busy eating Ryan's food and pissing him off.

When I heard that Wes would be accompanying me on the trip as my bodyguard I got even more excited. It would be just like the old days, running around and trying not to get into trouble with all the stunts we pull together.

"Sorry Piggy," Ryan finally speaks up, running a hand down his tired face. "It's just . . ."

"Just what?"

He looks out over the crowd of pack members, some saying goodbye to their loved ones while others load up the cars with their bags. Ryan sighs and grabs my hand, pulling me back inside his house. Once the door is closed behind us he lets his mask fall.

He looks more than concerned. He looks panicked.

"Ryan, what's going on?"

"I woke up this morning and I . . . I don't know Piggy but I don't have a good feeling about this."

I furrow my brows, wondering what he could possibly be thinking about. "I don't understand."

"About doing the deal with Alpha Zelus? What could go wrong? We can only be benefitted."

"No not that," he sighs, clenching his eyes shut. "It's you. I'm concerned about you."

I let out a short laugh. "Why me?" With Wes as my body guard and pretending to be the Luna of Summit Pack, nobody will dare to touch me. Besides, we're going to our ally's pack, not into war.

"I'm not sure, but it's there, in the pit of my stomach. I- I don't think you should go."

A moment passes in silence because frankly I don't know how to respond. I want to scream and shout and fall to me knees and curse him out. I have to go, I want to go, I need to go. Ryan can't change his mind.

Instead of having a temper tantrum I clench my fists at my sides and duck my head, not letting Ryan see the anger on my face.

"How can you say that," I whisper softly. "You know how badly I want to do this."

"I know Asena," he coos, reaching out and taking my hand. In a fit of sudden angst I rip my hand back, holding it to my chest as if he's burned me. In a way he has.

Ryan always thinks I need to be sheltered, like I'm his child or something. He doesn't let me watch anything with a sex scene in it even though I'm nineteen now. He gets mad at me whenever I utter a cuss word. He dress codes me before I go out every day.

Sometimes I think I'm more of his daughter than best friend.

"Please don't do this," he begs as I back up into the door. I feel my throat close up as tears sting my eyes.

"I should be the one saying that," I choke. "You always do this. You can't keep me hidden from the world forever."

"I'm not trying to keep you hidden," he pleads for me to understand, taking a step forward. "I'm just trying to protect you." Another step. "You have no idea how much you mean to me Asena."

I sniffle, wiping a fallen tear from my cheek. "Well then clarify with me," I shout angrily. "Because you always act like my Dad and I'm sick of it! I already have two parents, I don't need another one!"

"I love you," he blurts. I watch as his eyes widen into saucers, as if he can't believe those words had just passed his lips.

"Well I love you too," I say softly. His lips part, his eyes widen more in surprise, and I can hear his breath hitch. "You know that."

Just like that his face falls from shock into disappointment.

"What is it?"

He shakes his head profusely, muttering under his breath the words, "No. No I'm done. I can't anymore."

"Can't what?" The panic within me grows as Ryan freezes, his eyes zeroing in on me as they begin to turn blue. "Ryan . . . what's wrong?"

"The fact that I haven't done this sooner," he mumbles, taking a step towards me. My heart stops completely when his hands reach up and cup my face, bringing my lips to his.

Just like that we're kissing.

Well as much as his lips moving against mine feverously as I stand there, stock still, lips frozen in shock is.

He pushes me up against the door as I gasp in surprise, his hands moving to grip my waist, digging into my shirt. His lips press against mine harder, his tongue flickering out to run across my bottom lip.

"Asena," he huskily says pulling away just a centimeter. "Kiss me."

His lips are back on mine and for some reason I do as he says. Maybe it's the curious part of me that always seems to take over, but I kiss him back.

Hesitantly I wrap my arms around his neck as my lips slowly move against his, making him slow down.

This is my first kiss and never in a million years did I think I would be sharing it with my best friend, the Alpha of my pack.

He moans as my lips capture his and that simple sound has my insides igniting with something I'm not familiar with.

Need.

My fingers tighten in his hair, pulling slightly as if on instinct which makes him lift his head back and groan, "Yes." I watch in amazement as he looks back down at me, his eyes a blazing blue and his canines beginning to protrude.

"You have no idea how long I have waited to do this to you," he murmurs. He kisses me again, taking my bottom lip between his teeth and pulling. I gasp at how . . . good it feels. He chuckles at my reaction, his eyes lighting up. Then he begins to kiss his way down my chin to my neck.

I close my eyes and let his lips wander and his teeth nibble, as my body feels things it's never felt before. I'm in love with this feeling, whatever it is but that abruptly stops when his teeth sink into my neck.

I scream bloody murder, not just because it hurts like hell but because I know what he has done.

He's marked me as his own.

Except I'm not.

...

I know it's been a while and I can explain.
I interviewed for a job in the middle of September, they said I got the job but I never heard from them again. I was thinking I didn't get it when my boss texted me and said that my first shift would be in two hours... I worked my first day, had the next day off, then worked every day since then until today. It's been a week and obviously I've been really tired and haven't figured out a good routine yet with my writing and working schedule.

Also after last chapter I didn't have any more prewritten chapters. It was a mix of bad timing by fate pretty much lol

I can't promise you guys when my next update will be because I have no idea when I have time to write anymore. I want to on my days off but idk how common those days will come.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

32.6K 1K 29
He stared at the bodies on the ground , at the girl covered in blood . "you're late " she said standing up . her eyes narrowed at him and before she...
299 8 18
After her sister died she was forced to grow up. To prepare for a title she never wanted and fulfill the expectations of her pack. As much as Samanth...
9K 541 33
Aiden is a normal werewolf in a pack who happens to be the beta of one of the worlds most ruthless packs. He has everything he's ever wanted, a best...
40K 3.5K 81
|| FEATURED on the official @werewolf, @fantasy, @highfantasy, @darkfantasy, @mythandlegend, @storiesundiscovered (December '22 and June '23), @magi...