It Only Takes Once

By Its_Imani

Shakayln Smith, a 26 year old lawyer, goes out one night in three years and finds herself pregnant by kingpin... More

It Only Takes Once (Chapter 1)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 2)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 3)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 4)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 5)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 6)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 7)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 8)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 9)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 10)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 11)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 12)
Attention!!
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 13)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 14)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 15)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 16)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 17)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 18)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 19)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 20)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 21)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 22)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 23)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 25)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 26)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 27)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 28)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 29)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 30)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 31)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 32)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 33)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 34)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 35)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 36)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 37)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 38)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 39)
It Only Takes Once (Chapter 40)
It Only Takes Once (Epilogue Part I)
It Only Takes Once (Epilogue Part II)
It Only Takes Once (Epilouge Part III)

It Only Takes Once (Chapter 24)

184K 4.4K 1.6K
By Its_Imani

"Shakayln, where in the hell are you going?" Victoria called from the top of the stairs.

"Shit." I mumbled. She caught me. I hadn't seen Khadarious in almost two days and I was missing my baby daddy something serious, so I decided to try and sneak out of the house to go and see him.

"Just out for a walk." I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Bullshit, you're going to see Khadarious aren't you?" She said crossing her arms and slowly walking down the stairs.

"Uh no." I said laughing uneasily. "I told you I'm just going for a walk." I said smacking my lips.

"I know you Shakayln, plus why in the hell would you go on a walk at three o'clock in the morning dressed like that, with no security." She said smirking.

"Okay fine. Just don't tell Devin, please." I begged.

"Hell no, you are not about to get me in trouble." She said eyeing me.

"You wont get in trouble, even if I do get caught I won't rat you out." I explained.

"I don't know Shakayln." She said hesitantly.

"Fine, I'll give you fifty bucks." I offered.

"Deal." She said smirking. "Pinky Promise." She said wiggling her pinky in my face.

"Fine, you better not tell on me." I said mugging her as we both licked our pinky fingers before linking them together.

"Wait, I wanna go too." She whined.

"Well hurry up and don't get caught, I'll be in the car." I said before getting a bottle of water out of the refrigerator and heading towards the back door.

Once Tori was fully dressed in all black and in the car we backed out of the driveway and got onto the main road.

Thank God Devin was a heavy ass sleeper.

"Shit." I said hitting the steering wheel.

"What's wrong?" Victoria asked concerned.

"They won't let me onto the ward." I sighed before smacking my lips.

"Why not?" She asked

"Dr. Ross's orders." I replied simply.

"Well maybe we can-"

"I have an idea." I said lighting up. "We can dress up as nurses and sneak passed the nurses station. They wont even notice it's me." I said nodding my head.

"Where are we going to buy scrubs at this time of night Shakayln?" She asked while looking at me upside my head.

"Shakayla." I said grinning.

"Like she's going to loan you her scrubs to sneak into the hospital." She smirked.

"Who said she's going to know." I laughed, smirking back at her before putting my eyes back on the road and doing a U turn and heading in the direction of Shakayla and Justin's house.

"Okay, you keep watch and I'll go get the scrubs." I explained while unlocking their front door.

"Wait we need a warning word or something, in case something happens." She said stopping me.

"Bootyhole." I exclaimed.

"What the hell Shakayln?" She mumbled while looking at me upside my head.

"First thing that came to mind." I shrugged. "Wish me luck." I said before pushing the front door open for the both of us.

I quietly tip toed my big pregnant ass up the staircase that led up to their bedroom. I knew this house like the back of my hand due to the fact that I lived here for the first month of my nephew Xavier's life.

Once I got to their bedroom I took a deep breath before pushing the door open, since the door was already ajar I didn't have to worry about it making any sounds.

I slipped into the room to find their bed empty. I looked around the room suspiciously before I saw the light coming from under the door of their adjoining bathroom.

That's when I heard it.

"Damn Justin, faster baby." I heard Shakayla moan loudly from the other side of the bathroom door.

Oh My God.

They're having sex.

It was like I was frozen, I couldn't move. I was stuck to the spot.

"Damn babe." I heard Justin grunt.

"I'm cumming." Shakayla yelled out making me scrunch my face up in disgust.

Do I sound like that during sex?

I hope not.

My eyes widened when I heard footsteps walking towards the door.

"Babe stop." Shakayla giggled before their bathroom door swung open. I dove to the ground, being careful of my pregnant belly. I crawled to the other side of their bed that was the furthest away from them so I wouldn't be seen.

"Round two?" Justin asked making my eyes buck wide.

"You better hurry up, you know Xavier will be waking up soon." She giggled. I heard the bed squeak from Justin throwing Shakayla on the bed.

OH MY GOD!

They're about to have sex while I'm right next to their bed. I gagged when I heard the sounds of sex; bare skin slapping against each other, the bed creaking, moans and groans. It was all becoming to be too much for me, I was starting to get nauseous.

With a disgusted expression on my face I crawled away from their bed and to their walk in closet they shared. Once I was in the clear, I stood up dusted myself off.

I walked to the side of the closet where Shakayla kept her work attire. I couldn't quite reach the top shelf where they were neatly folded. I stood on the tips of my toes before jumping up and trying to reach them.

I jumped up once more only to knock the shelf down making a loud ass noise.

"What the hell was that?" I heard Justin ask.

"I don't know, but just keep going babe." Shakayla moaned. Making me gag unintentionally.

"Shakayla! I know you hear that, somebody is in our house." Justin tried to convince Shakayla.

"It's okay babe, it's just Xavier." Shakayla whined. I guess Justin stopped his movements inside her.

"I'm sure a sleeping one year old isn't capable of making that much noise." Justin said with an attitude.

Knowing that Justin would soon be getting out of the bed to search the house, I began planning my escape in my head. I grabbed the scrubs and tucked them under my arm before getting on my hands and knees again, preparing to crawl all the way downstairs to escape without being caught.

I must really love Khadarious cripple ass to be doing the absolute most to try and see him. I'm pregnant as hell with a backache and I'm breaking in people's houses, crawling on my hands and knees, and stealing clothes just to sneak into the damn hospital.

"I'll be back baby, just keep that pussy nice and wet for me." I heard him say making Shakayla giggle like a little girl before I gagged again. When I heard the bed creak under his weight I knew it was time to get my butt down them damn stairs, but first I needed to get the hell out of this bedroom.

I started crawling as fast as my little knees and arms would allow me to go, my big ol belly was not making matters any better by being in the way.

I almost made it out without being seen. I was almost to the door.

"Shakayln!" Justin called. I ignored him and continued to crawl as if my life depended on it.

"Wrong sister." Shakayla called from the bed dryly. I guess she still hadn't realized that I was the intruder in their home.

I shook my head when Justin looked down at me before explaining to Shakayla why he'd said my name.

"No." I mouthed before pointing to their bedroom door and gesturing for him to follow me.

"I'll be back babe." He said smirking down at me before following me.

"I heard you the first time, just hurry back." She complained.

"Bootyhole, bootyhole." Victoria whisper yelled when she saw Justin following me down the stairs. "Run he's behind you." She called.

"Shut up Tori, I know." I said smacking my lips.

"So you wanna tell me why you broke into my house?" Justin asked leaning against the kitchen counter.

"If I tell you the truth you have to promise not to tell Kayla or Devin." I begged.

"I won't. Now wassup?" He asked.

"Okay, well I haven't seen Khadarious in a couple days because I'm banned from the ward so I thought it would be a good idea to sneak into the hospital to see him. Then I realized everyone knows me so I had the great idea of dressing up in scrubs as a disguise to get passed them." I explained biting the inside of my cheek.

"You have issues." He laughed.

"No, I just miss my husband." I pouted. "Now you have to promise not to tell anybody."

"I'm not getting in trouble for you." He stated before crossing his arms over his chest.

"You won't, I promose." I said going to their refrigerator and taking out the ingredients to make a sandwich.

"First you break in my house, then you interrupt me and my wife having sex, now your greedy ass is tryng to make a sandwich with my groceries. Oh hell no, it's time for yall to go." He said trying to close the fridge on me.

"Brother in law don't do me like that. I have an excuse. I'm pregnant, I should be hungry. If anybody should be kicked out for being greedy, it should be Victoria." I pointed to her. She stared at me in disbelief after taking a hand full of chips from the bag of chips she had gotten from their pantry.

"What the hell Shak?" She asked muggin me. "How you just gon' throw me under the bus like that?"

I shrugged in response while I continued to make my sandwich.

"When yall finish eating, clean up and leave." He groaned.

"We will, thank you Justin." I cooed to him.

"Whatever." He mumbled.

"We love you." Tori and I both called to him as he sluggishly walked up the stairs and back to his bedroom.

After making our sandwiches, stealing a pint of icecream, and using the restroom we left Shakayla and Justin's house and headed towards the hospital.

"I should change here in the car." I suggested once we'd pulled into the parking garage. Dr. Ross has been keeping tabs on me everywhere, even the housekeepers know who I am.

"Good idea." Tori agreed.

I changed as quickly as I could into the hospital scrubs and let me tell you, it was a struggle.

The shirt wouldn't even come past my damn stomach thankfully the pants were elastic so you couldn't really tell unless you happened to be looking extra hard.

"Ready?" Tori asked once we had gotten out of the car.

"Yep." I nodded my head. I had combed my hair down to cover my face, put on a pair of glasses, and kept my face down the whole walk to Khadarious's floor.

The nurses station was shockingly empty when we walked passed it. I was so excited to see Khadarious I couldn't contain myself, I hadn't seen my baby in two days. Two fucking days, I missed his dead ass so much I can't even explain it.

"Hi baby." I said coming into his hospital room with Tori following close behind.

"Hey big head" Tori said greeting Khadarious before plopping down on the couch.

"I missed you baby." I said crawling my big ass into the bed with him and kissing him all over his face.

Dr. Franklin said to keep his brain cells stimulated I needed to talk to him and play with his hands and feet to try and get a reaction.

I told him the story of sneaking in and getting caught with extra details from Victoria while playing with his fingers.

A couple days ago, the last time I was here. I got him to squeeze my fingers with his right hand, but still no activity from his left side.

Yesterday he opened his eyes for Kamile and Aunt Charmaine and of course I couldn't even be here to witness it because Devin had my ass on lock down.

While talking to him, I mentioned my doubts about labor and delivery to him. He knows all about my low tolerance for pain but I felt the need to bring it up again.

Since I was sure he could hear and understand everything I was saying I felt the need to tell him about my pregnancy since he missed out on so much of it.

I told him about every back pain and cramp I'd gotten, using the bathroom all the damn time, gaining weight, guys trying to talk to me when they obviously see this big ass belly and fat ass wedding ring on my finger.

Victoria started telling him about how protective Devin was over me and the twins. She even told him about the time he had the nerve to try and whoop me because I snuck out of the house at three o'clock in the morning to go to Wal-Mart to sit in the laundry detergent isle because I couldn't sleep.

The story was cut short when my phone started ringing.

It was Devin.

"Hello." I answered hesitantly.

"Where the hell are you and Victoria?" He asked raising his voice.

"Shakayla's." I lied.

"Lying ass, I just got off the phone with Justin. Try again." He said smacking his lips.

"Damn." I mumbled. Justin's ass told on us.

"Where are yall Shak?" He asked again sounding impatient.

"We're at the hospital Devin." I sighed.

"I'm on my way to come get yall." He stated.

"No, we're about to leave." I sighed before rolling my eyes.

"I hope you know, both of yall are getting whoopings when you get home." He informed me.

"Psh, Devin you do realize we're grown right?" I said with an attitude.

"You talking back to me?" He asked raising his voice.

"Whatever Devin, bye." I said rolling my eyes before hanging up the phone.

"He gets on my damn nerves sometimes." Victoria mumbled. She already knew how the conversation had gone since she had started gathering our belongings.

"Tell me about it." I mumbled while playing in Khadarious's hair. "It's all out of love I guess." I sighed.

"Yeah, you're right. That's my baby though." She grinned making me roll me eyes and laugh.

"Well baby, that was your idiot of a friend on the phone, so we have to get going so we won't get in trouble again, but we'll be back to see you tomorrow." I said before kissing his forehead. "Love you babe."

I was trying so hard to keep my tears from falling, but it seems like everytime I have to leave him I end up crying.

I grabbed his right hand and placed it on my pregnant belly before placing a kiss on his temple.

A few moments later I felt his hand curl around my stomach. My head jerked up and my eyes met with his.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

220K 5.3K 28
What happens when 15 year old La'Nya goes to a party with her bestfriend and ends up sleeping with some random boy and gets pregnant. Book #1 - That...
757K 32.8K 66
What a tangled web we weave, when we lie to deceive.. Having to watch his parents demise at an early age, Joseph is brought up by an uncle who played...
65.4K 2.4K 20
Just read 💙
Blanks By Jen

Fanfiction

4.7K 696 14
Based off the one shot by the same title. Andy and Mel Barber have the perfect family life with Mel having her stepson Jacob and everything in their...