The Claim ✔️ *Editing*

By felisidy901

Brinn has known Alpha Titus as a close family friend since she was ten years old. He was like a big brother t... More

Prologue
1. Change In Scenery
2. Missed Me?
3. Easy There Tiger
5. Second Home
6. Work Flow
7. You Call This A Party?
8. Betrayal
9. Truth
10. When Reality Hits
11. Adjustments
12. Mating Ceremony
13. Responsililities
14. Pack Run
15. Leaving So Soon?
16. Unexpected
17. Training
18. New Person, Same Old Mistakes
19. Just One Drink
20. Spill
21. Walk Away
22. Finally Home
23. Back To Normal
24. I Fall Apart
25. Today's the Day
26. Reunion*
27. Calm Before the Storm
28. Don't Get Too Comfortable
29. Coming To Terms
30. Judgment Day
31. Waiting Game
32. Don't Be Angry With Me
33. The Truth Always Comes Out
34. Flawed
35. It's Time
36. Certianty
37. Priorities
38. The Choices We Make
39. Vanished
40. Unspoken Words
41. New Home
42. Silence
43. All Seriousness
44. New Reality
45. Stand Still
46. New Beginnings
Epilogue

4. Off We Go

240K 6.6K 1.3K
By felisidy901

When I walked back into the dining hall I was surprised to see everyone already digging into their food.

Man, how long was I gone?

I placed my food on the table then sat down. The first thing I grabbed was the Nutella. Opened it, I placed the spoon into the creamy mixture. Before the spoon could reach my mouth, it was hastily ripped out of my hands along with the Nutella container.

I glared at my mom who was now holding the Nutella with a scowl on her face. "I thought I hid this?" My mom scoffed.

"Well obviously not good enough." I said as I reached for the Nutella.

"Brinn eat your food." My dad demanded.

I sunk into my seat then pick up my fork. Halfway through my meal, I notice people starting to leave. I glanced towards my parents and saw they were in a deep conversation with Titus and Ryan.

Probably some pack business. Not my expertise.

My brother grabbed his empty plate and stood. "Owen out."

"Owen out?" I questioned.

He shrugs then walked out the door. "Weirdo." I mumbled as I shoved food into my mouth.

I looked up from my plate when I heard laughing. I narrowed my eyes at Ryan. "What's so funny?"

"You are."

I toss my long blonde hair behind my shoulder. "I try."

Asher, my dad's beta took Owen's empty seat a few seconds later. He shot me a tight smile then started up a conversation with my dad.

"Let's continue this conversation in my office." My dad finally says.

They all stood, ready to leave the dining hall. Titus sent a wink my way, which I returned with a nod. When all the men left, I look over to my mom who was helping Gretchen clean the dining hall. "Oh no Luna I can take care of it." Gretchen protested as my mom grabbed the empty plates from the table.

"Gretchen you should know by now that I'm not taking no for an answer."

She smiled appreciatively. "Thank you Luna."

I hurriedly finished my food and made my way to the exit before my mom could ask me to stay and clean. I'm all about the greater good and all, but these wolfs could be pigs.

The moment the warm water hit my skin I let out a sigh. Grabbing my strawberry shampoo, I massaged it into my scalp.

When I was done with my shower I grabbed my towel and started to dry myself off. Slipping on my pale pink lace panties with the matching bra. I threw on some black joggers and a white V-neck, then grabbed my brush and started running it through my damp wavy hair. When I got all the knots out I braided my hair in two French braids and left my bathroom.

I slid into my bed and placed the blanket on my lap. Reaching under my bed, I pulled out a book then brought my knees to my chest and let the words on the pages take me out of my reality.

I had been reading for 3 hours when a yawn escaped my mouth. I slowly placed the book down and looked at my clock on my bedside table. It read 12:33. I stretched out my arms then placed my book in my bedside drawer.

I was about to reach for my lamp and turn it off when my door opened. Snapping my head to the left, I smiled when I saw Titus enter. I pat then open space to my left. He smiled then plopped down next to me. "So?"

He arched his brows. "So?"

I rolled my eyes. "What was the meeting about?"

"Just pack st-" He stilled then sniffed the air.

"What is it?" I asked in confusion.

He directs his gaze back to my eyes. He sighs. "Nothing, I just caught a scent."

I wanted to push on but I knew he wouldn't like that. "Okay."

I turned on the TV and flipped through the channels, stopping when it lands on cartoons. I turn the volume low then switch off my lamp, leaving only the glare of the TV. I looked over at Titus only to see him sound asleep. he looked so peaceful when he slept.

When I used to visit Titus's pack I would refuse to sleep unless Titus was next to me. Eventually when everyone had enough of my tantrums they would let me have my way. As I grew up I started to sleep in my own bed, out of respect for his mate. I decided to let this one slide since he fell asleep, but I knew it couldn't happen again.

I stood and walked to his side of the bed. I removed his black converse and threw them on the floor. I grabbed one of my throw blankets and placed it over him. Sliding back into my side of the bed, I brought the blankets up to my chin.

I felt warm. But a good kind of warm. A warm sensation was wrapped around my body. I didn't know what it was but it felt nice. I tried to open my eyes but I was exhausted. Before I knew it, I was back into a deep slumber.

***

When I woke up I was surprised to find my bed empty. I yawned then stood. I walked into my restroom and did my morning routine. When I finished washing my face and brushing my teeth. I took down my French braids, leaving my hair in long waves down my back.

I changed into a pair of ripped black skinny jeans and a long-sleeved tan cropped turtleneck. I threw on my white converse then headed for the door.

The chatter subsided when I entered our family kitchen. We were having breakfast in our kitchen with Titus and Ryan this morning. Grabbing a piece of toast off my brother's plate, I brought it to my mouth.

"Hey!" He growled out.

"Are you all packed Brinn?" My dad asked. Ignoring my brother and I's exchange.

"Yup." I say through mouthfuls.

My mom smacks my arm lightly. "Stop talking with your mouthful. It's very unladylike."

I groaned then took my seat in between Owen and Ryan. Titus and I share a glance that left me squirming underneath his heavy gaze.

Weird ass...

I was the first one to drop my eyes to the food in front of me. Titus could be intimidating sometimes. The funny part was that he didn't even realize it.

After breakfast, I headed back to my room to gather my bags. I was placing the remainder of my items in my suitcase when my brother walked in. "Hey."

I roll my eyes. "Hi Owen." He pulled a huge jar of Nutella behind his back. My eyes wentwide with excitement. "You didn't."

He smiles. "Oh but I did."

I snatch the jar out of his hand and wrap my arms around his neck. My brother was taller than me despite our age gap. He was already six feet. While I was still at 5'5. I was average height to say the least. But I gave up growing any taller months ago.

"Consider it an early birthday present."

"Thanks bro." I placed a kiss on his cheek.

"Brinn." He groaned as he wiped his cheek.

I chuckled lightly then ruffled his hair. I quickly placed the Nutella in my duffle then zipped it up. Owen helped me carry the bags out to the car.

When we got outside the pack house Titus took the bags from my brother, then placed them in the trunk of his black Escalade.

Owen rolled his eyes. "Show off."

"Hey when you become Alpha you'll be the same way. Maybe even worse knowing you."

He scoffs. "Not a chance."

I hugged my parents goodbye. "Be good my pup." My mom whispers into my hair. "I will momma."

My dad places a kiss on my forehead. "Keep an open mind Brinn." I furrow my brows.

Not sure what that meant but I had no chance to ask as I was being pulled into a hard chest. I instantly knew it was Carter. "Call me every day."

Genevieve's word instantly enters my mind. I put some distance between him and I. "Well I don't know about every day, but I'll check in often."

He smiles. "Sounds good to me."

Titus clears his throat. "Ready?"

"Uh yeah." I waved everyone goodbye then headed for the car. "Shotgun!" Ryan shouts as he runs towards the passenger's side. "Hey no fair! Haven't you heard of ladies first?"

"Oh you're a lady? My bad." Ryan said as he entered the SUV. That earned him a growl from me. I slid into the back seat and glared at him. Titus entered the car and started laughing at Ryan's and I's exchange.

Titus started up the car then drove off. I waved goodbye to my family as the car moves away.

When I could no longer see them anymore. I settled in my seat then reached for the aux cord. "Fine but I get the aux." Titus and Ryan shared a look then groan.

I chuckled then press play on my Spotify playlist. This would be fun. The drive to Canada was a long one. Which meant they would have to endure fourteen hours of nonstop awesomeness.

***

Don't forget to comment, vote, and share! 💙

Song:
Heart out~1975

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 39.8K 63
This is a story of a sixteen year old girl named Valentine Winters, she is a werewolf and an Alpha's youngest daughter. On her sixteenth birthday, sh...
Save Me By jlm

Werewolf

405K 15.5K 94
BEING EDITED. |Book One| For the past 3 years, she's been living a normal human life. Although she wasn't particularly happy, she preferred it more...
399K 11K 42
Hello everyone !! This is my first book and I hope u like this one . Feel free to comment and please do vote for the chapters u like . Alena...
89.3K 4.4K 55
After a wolf is killed in defense of a shaky alliance, a life-debt binds Kiera to a new pack and forces her to leave her home to fill the empty space...