Captured To Become A Vampire...

By byugancrystal

-{BOOK 2}- With Arianne now married to Prince Alexander, the conflict between Nox Aterrima and Drecott grows... More

Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 1
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 2
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 3
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 4
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 5
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 6
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 7
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 8
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 9
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 10
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 11
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 12
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 13
Captured To Become A Vampire Princes's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 15
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 16
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 17
What the characters look like
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 18
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 19
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 20
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 21
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 22
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 23
Writer's Block
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 24
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 25
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 26
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 27
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 28
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 29
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 30
Captured to Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 31
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 32
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 33
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 34
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 35
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 36
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 37
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 38
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 39
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 40
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 41
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 42
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 43
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 44
Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 45 [FINAL]

Captured To Become A Vampire Prince's Bride {Book 2}: Chapter 14

6.6K 349 15
By byugancrystal

I didn't remember much of the journey, aside from the fact that we went down a lot of stairs. We soon enough found ourselves in a huge garage with guards both inside and outside. There were five black SUVs in a row, two of which pulled out and sped off when we got in.

Leyton set me down and told me to get into the SUV nearest to the door we entered the garage through. Two guards sat on either side of me, guns in arm, and Jayden and Leyton got in the back. There were two of the same type of guards up front too. Our car also took off, going in the opposite direction to the other cars. I turned back to the twins, wide-eyed and worried. Why weren't we following the others? Where were we going to?

"We're all taking different routes so if one gets ambushed, we don't all get held back," Leyton assured me. "Don't worry, we'll be okay."

I turned to face the front again as everything was a blur outside and was beginning to give me a headache. This was all so unexpected, even we hadn't anticipated they'd attack the castle so soon. Were they actually after me or something else, like the documents?

We were all being moved to a new location in the mountains away from the coast so we were at less of a risk of being in danger. The only ones at the castle were a load of heavy-armed guards to stop anyone breaking in, and Chumana down in the basement. Even the maids had been moved to another location.

This journey was like when I got back from the boarding school and we drove in the fog through Harenam Bay.

There were three other cars, one with Leandra and Charlotte in, Henrietta had her own, and the King and Queen were in another. Having us all taking alternative routes was smart, but it also highlighted how much danger we were actually in. For us to have to move elsewhere made me realise how dire the situation was.

The building we'd be staying at appeared to be some kind of military base tucked away in the mountains, with only a grey metal door on the outside. About half a mile before even reaching that metal door, was an electric fence about 20 feet high and armed guards dotted along it.

At the gate, the driver muttered some things to guard who peered into the car before allowing the car through and we began our winding ascent to the door to our new, temporary home. I wondered if anyone else had arrived there yet and if they all got there safely.

Leyton squeezed my shoulder reassuringly, telling me we were almost there. It was almost dark now, so I couldn't make out how far we were, but it was good to know we were close. My butt was beginning to hurt from sitting in such uncomfortable seats in such an uncomfortable journey.

Finally, after what felt like forever, the SUV came to a halt and all the guards, myself, Leyton and Jayden got out. I made sure to stretch long and hard. There was a metal door built into the hill, with a single, weak light just above it. It was an extremely dubious location for them to put the door. Couldn't they camouflage it some more? Was that the only way into the base?

"This way," the guard that had sat to my left held out his arm towards the open door.

I did as he said, wanting to get inside as soon as possible. Still in my pyjamas, every gust of wind smeared itself over my body; I could feel the hairs on my body stand tall.

Once we were all behind the door, the guard locked it behind us and we were encased in darkness, apart from the soft green-orange glow created by the twin's and the guards' eyes. We were surrounded by a completely concrete hallway that spanned as far as I could see, and it was silent apart from our breathing.

"Let's hurry it up so we can get Arianne properly clothed," demanded Leyton sternly.

The guard up front picked up his pace, acknowledging what Leyton said. We all followed suit.

Going down an elevator, the twins and I were surrounded by the guards, I guess just in case something happened to us while we were in there, which was impossible. The box looked bombproof; I saw how thick the metal was when I entered.

Just before we got on, and as we got off, one of the guards scanned both his thumb and his eye for the doors to open. There was no sneaking into this entrance unless you killed all the guards in your way and then proceeded to take their eye and thumb. Even then, there were surveillance cameras.

When the doors opened, we were exposed to an open area bustling with life; men and women alike, in either green or brown army combat uniform, were hurrying around in different directions. We walked further into the open area and looked up, there were at least 5 more floors going up. The whole structure of this place was made of a dismal grey concrete: the floors, walls, even most of the steps were the same concrete. It was depressing to look at.

But I thought the Monaghan's said they didn't have an army. What was this place if it wasn't an army base? That's what it looked like, and it really couldn't be anything but an army base, unless it was a coverup for something else.

A man in a black boiler suit came out of nowhere and saluted in my direction, he had a scar spanning from his left ear to his nostril.

"Your Highness, I am General Cory Phaeus," he said, his voice was gruff. "I am the leader here at this base and we're glad you're here although it's a shame."

"Thank you," was all I could think to respond since the two behind me were mute.

General Phaeus dismissed the guards who came down here with us. "Your vehicle was the first to arrive-"

"-I need to make a call," Leyton interrupted briskly.

"Of course," the General called over one of the soldiers that were walking past and told him to take Leyton to the phone. There was no signal for mobile phones down here.

I turned to Jayden, who looked just as confused as I did by his brother's strange behaviour. He was still covered in dried up blood from the incident back at the castle. It looked very discomforting.

"I need a shower, can we speed things up?" Jayden demanded aloofly. His face was almost expressionless as he picked flecks of the crusty blood off his t-shirt.

The General's attention turned to Jayden and gave him a stare as hard as the concrete this place was made from, before calling another soldier. She was dressed in a similar black outfit to the General and she looked equally as stone-faced. She saluted to me and then turned to the General.

"This Iyeong, my Lieutenant. She will take you to the showers and show you to your rooms."

We followed Iyeong. She was completely silent up until we reached the shower blocks and she told us which one was for men and which was for women. By the time we were done, there'd be clothes and a towel waiting outside of the stall. She also said there'd be someone waiting outside to show us to our rooms, where we'd remain for the rest of the night. Then she left.

"She's nice," commented Jayden jokingly.

I rolled my eyes and went to go shower again.

When I was done, just as Iyeong said, there was a towel and a small pile of clothes: a grey sweater and pants along with some black boots. I had to withhold the groan that tried to force its way from the pits of my lungs. This place tried to suck every ounce of life you would've had before you came in here. I almost missed being sat in the castle and doing nothing for days on end.

I left the shower stalls to find a soldier leaning on the wall with his arms folded and eyes shut. They opened almost the second I stepped out of the showers. Jayden was stood not too far from him, sweater slung over his shoulder and chest as exposed as a newborn.

"You are so extra," I could only remark. The arrogance of this boy was beyond anything I'd ever witnessed in my life.

He winked.

The soldier told us to follow him, he was going to take us to our rooms.

After walking down a series of concrete hallways, all as dimly lit as their predecessors, we finally made it to the living quarters. Our rooms were separate from the other dwellers, they were at the opposite end of the passage.

I was put in mine first, and the door was shut behind me.

I took in my surroundings, which lacked any ounce of life: a single bed tucked away the far corner of the room with a lifeless white sheet and deflated-looking pillow, a metal desk with a wooden stool stored underneath it and a wardrobe with nothing but a towel, a toothbrush, a white t-shirt and a sponge.

Like a home away from home, I thought to myself sarcastically as I plonked myself on my bed and felt like my spine had snapped from the impact. Was the bed made from concrete as well? I almost cursed as I inspected the thin layer of foam covering the bed frame- it would be a joke to even call it a mattress.

As I lay in bed, I thought of myself as privileged in this situation. I was sure no one in Nox Aterrima had this place as an option when the Drecottians destroyed their homes. At least I had somewhere to stay, so I supposed I should keep my complaining to a minimum.

I wasn't sure how much time passed or what time it was, but eventually, I heard more footsteps pass my room and the voice of the King and the others who hadn't arrived the same time I had. The door muffled their voices resulting in anything they said being lost to the air, but they all sounded fine. That was something that lifted my mood and allowed me to sleep peacefully.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

577K 22.9K 34
His breath was hot against her neck and it made her writhe in discomfort, but that discomfort was replaced by the sharpness of his fangs burying them...
189K 6.4K 41
Faith was happy with her life. She had a clear plan, and always knew what her next move was going to be. But then a terrible tragedy wiped out half h...
21K 795 27
TEASER: "No fiancée of mine needs to learn how to fight." His breath flows upon the prickling skin of my neck. I close my eyes, involuntarily shu...
8.4M 404K 46
I was sure the worst thing to ever happen to me would be being kidnapped, and sure, that was pretty bad. However, what was worse was being kidnapped...