The Vamp's Girl

By midnightxthunder

April hated everything about her life but now she has the chance to start over in another world - The Vampiri... More

The Vamp's Girl [01]
The Vamp's Girl [02]
The Vamp's Girl [03]
The Vamp's Girl [04]
The Vamp's Girl [05]
The Vamp's Girl [06]
The Vamp's Girl [07]
The Vamp's Girl [08]
The Vamp's Girl [09]
The Vamp's Girl [10]
The Vamp's Girl [11]
The Vamp's Girl [12]
The Vamp's Girl [13]
The Vamp's Girl [14]
The Vamp's Girl [15]
The Vamp's Girl [16]
The Vamp's Girl [17]
The Vamp's Girl [18]
The Vamp's Girl [19]
The Vamp's Girl [20]
The Vamp's Girl [21]
The Vamp's Girl 22
The Vamp's Girl [23]
The Vamp's Girl [25]
The Vamp's Girl 26
The Vamp's Girl [27]
The Vamp's Girl [28]
The Vamp's Girl [29]
The Vamp's Girl [30]
The Vamp's Girl [31]
The Vamp's Girl [32]
The Vamp's Girl [33]
Photos!

The Vamp's Girl [24]

1.6K 44 3
By midnightxthunder

I unwraveled the bandages around my stomach and touched the soft unscarred skin, I was amazed I was able to heal so quickly within 2 days. I was just happy I could move and jump around as much as I could, staying so still and being so slow annoyed me so much and I itched to run around and jump around. I stretched my body, feeling it stretch in my arms and lower back. Okay, one quick run around the castle before I get ready for the Northern King’s arrival.

I threw on my tank top and opened the door, Knight D, Seth and Keilor all looked up at me and watched me carefully...uh oh they’re on to me. Oh well.

“Where are you going April?” Keilor asked suspiciously, I only grinned happily as I inched towards the door.

“Oh you know, just a quick RUN AROUND THE CASTLE!” I said yanking open the door and sprinting out of it. The servants were so used to me running around now, they simply cleared the path for me.

“APRIL!!” I heard the calls come from behind me but I wasn’t stupid enough to turn around, I ducked under a servant’s tray of food as I came to the stairs. I went down them two at a time, trying my best not to trip over. I could hear them running after me, my heart raced as I continued to run at a faster pace, going left, DUCK, JUMP! right, up the stairs again I was almost half way when as I turned the corner I narrowly missed Marath who was walking through, I spinned past him but he easily caught the back of my tank top and yanked me back making me fall onto my butt.

“April...where do you think you’re going?” He asked me, with his hands on his hips in a fatherly manner. I pouted and crossed my arms hearing Knight D, Seth and Keilor’s footsteps catch up with me.

“I was just going for a run.” I shrugged standing up, I wiped the sweat off my forehead and smiled at the three irritated men standing before me.

“You can run later...if Mira realizes you are not yet ready for the North-” He began but stopped short.

“April? WHAT IN THE WORLD ARE YOU DOING? GO GET READY!” I turned to see a furious looking Jasa behind me and I cringed, that look was one of pure irritation and I quickly saluted before rushing back to my room.

“The only time Lady Jasa ever gets angry is when guests arrive.” Seth chuckled as he matched my pace and we headed back to my room.

As I entered my room, I saw Anda had been cleaned and washed and was wearing an adorable little dangling crown of blue that matched his eyes. I went to admire it but Keilor pushed me towards the bathroom.

“You heard Jasa, clean up time.” He said shoving me into the bathroom and closing the door hard enough to make it brush the tangled hair out of my face. I rolled my eyes and mocked Keilor ‘clean up time’ before I stripped off my clothes and dived into the now semi cold water and began to clean myself.

I slipped into a sparkling white embrodied black dress with a light purple sash. (picture on the side)

I quickly dried my hair and watched as it curled around my face. I put in purple earrings to match my dress and then I slipped on a pair of black flats. I wasn’t confident to wear heels at the moment.

“I’M READY!” I said opening the door. Keilor leaned against the window sill, dressed in a black uniform embrodied with white jewels and a red sash around his waist. Knight D sat on the chair closest to my bed, sitting lazily wearing the same uniform as Keilor. Lastly Seth stood randomly in the middle of the room dressed in a red uniform, with a white sash. “Wow...” I breathed as I stared at how handsomely dressed and serious they seemed to look.

“You look absolutely stunning April.” Knight D said with a smile, I smiled back at him. I began to walk out the door until I realized.

“You guys...are actually quite tall.” I said, I thought for a moment before walking back into my room, I picked a pair of white laced heels with bows on the side. I slipped them on and stood next to Seth. “This is better.” I said.

We made our way to the Great Hall and Keilor and Seth opened the doors for me. I was once again face to face with the overlooking stairs that would lead me into the presence of people, I took a deep breath and began my decent. Everyone was already seated, Jasa next to Marath on the throne and there in the middle of the room was a small platoon of men behind a man. I couldn’t see him properly.

“Ah, my little sister has decided to make her presence known. Excuse her late arrival, she is yet to become accustomed to our way of life.” Jasa said, she gave a fake smile and I smiled sheepishly back at her.

“Sorry! I...had a wardrobe crisis.” I said, I dismissed the issue with a wave of my hand and sat down on the throne next to Jasa, I watched as a flash of yellow darted around the room. Anda must have followed me out of my room and pounced onto my lap purring in satisfaction to be on the throne as well. I blushed as all eyes were on me. “Sorry...” I muttered, once again. Jasa ignored my comment and feeling embarrsed with a red flush appearing on my face I decided to stare at the royal blue carpet beneath my feet as if it was the most fasinating thing I’d encountered.

“Welcome to the Vampiric Castle, King Torrell. We welcome you with open arms as one of our own, with this said we shall begin your welcoming celebration!” Jasa said, I shyly watched her, she was so elegant and refined I saw awe as I looked at my older sister. She moved the people so much with her voice and opinion that a cry of applause echoed through the Great Hall.

At dinner Marath sat at the top of the table with Jasa on his right hand side, on his left hand side was Keilor, next to Keilor sat King Torrell, who was across from me, it was even more ‘joy’ that I was seated next to Lauriel again.

I finally felt a little confidence in myself and looked up to catch the eyes of King Torrell, I felt myself catch my breath as we stared at each other analysing each others features, as if automatically I felt a small delicate smile reach my lips. He was a toned muscled man with fair skin, his golden hair waved down to the base of his neck and his evergreen eyes were like staring into a deep forest and seeing nothing but shades of changing green. He had an angular face that made him more refined, almost like an angel.

“Lord Torrell!” The sound of Lauriel’s high pitched and too sweet voice broke me from my stare and I quickly broke our gaze and looked down at my food, feeling my appitite return I quickly ate. “Do tell, what are the Northern lands like?” she asked leaning forward exposing more of her clevage then she really needed to. I rolled my eyes as I bit into a small piece of my steak.

“Much like the Vampiric Lands, beautiful scenery. Our town is more refined however, the structure of the castle is greatly designed. Have you been there? Lady April?” He questioned, I looked up was he talking to me? He smiled softly at me and I smiled politely back at him.

“No...I haven’t actually left the Vampiric Lands before...only to the mall-Market Gathering once...besides that I have not been exploring.” I said sheepishly, he nodded as if he understood. I felt Lauriel fidget in frustration once more.

“I would love to see the Northern Lands.” Lauriel said once more flashing a smile towards him. I looked down and continued to eat my food, I was more interested in the food than the conversation.

“I hope you may journey there someday. It’s worth seeing.” He said politely, I finished my food and dabbed my mouth with my napkin, I looked up and Keilor gave me a smirk and I rolled my eyes at him. He was still a stubborn donkey. “Perhaps you too Lady April shall come visit my lands. I’d love to give you a tour, and perhaps upon my stay here you’d do me the great honour of touring me through these corridors?”

“Me? I uh, don’t exactly know my way around most of these corridors, I only really know the dining hall for food, my room, the gardens and the training grounds.” I said honestly, blushing slightly. Jasa stopped eating for a moment to glance at me before she went back to her own conversation with Marath. King Torrell took a sip of his wine before dabbing his mouth gently.

“Ah, Lady April you are too modest. I like that quality. Horenton, tell me what am I planned for tomorrow?” With a snap of his fingers a man was at his side with a book, he had green hair and pointed ears, he looked less like a Vampire and more like a pixie or an elf. His eyes flickered to mine for a moment before he replied his master.

“Tomorrow you shall socialise with the Leddetts and Lady Jasa.” Horenton said snapping his little book shut and disappearing in an instant. I blinked and looked around, were there other kinds of beings in this land besides half bloods and vampires?

“Yes, tomorrow we shall many socialising games. We have organised sessions of Target, we have heard that you are an excellent player. We have taken it upon ourselves to learn this game, even so perhaps you may be so kind to help us utilise this new information.” Lauriel’s words echoed in my ears as I continued to search for the ‘Horenton’ person. I was very curious...

“Will you be joining us Lady April?” At the sound of my name, I snapped out of my daze and my eyes flickered back to King Torrell.

“Tomorrow? Uh, I don’t believe so. I am not a Ledette, I’m as my sister afore mentioned I am not accustomed to the customs of the Vampiric Lands. I feel that if I invite myself into the Ledettes social time I may just embarass myself.” I said with a nervous little laugh, Lauriel straightened her back feeling proud of herself. I ignored it as I wondered how I can speak so...nicely. King Torrell laughed for a moment catching the whole attention of the table, he took a sip from his cup and licked his lips carefully as he stared at me. In return I just titled my head as I stared at him.

“You are far too modest. It a benefiting quality for a princess, you have a natrual charm. It would do me a great honour for you to join in the festivities tomorrow, I shall not-no, I will not have it in any other arrangement.” He smiled once more settling in his seat as he leaned back and I resigned with a sigh.

“Okay, but if I make a fool of myslef. I’ll be blaming you.” I said with a playful glare, he laughed once more, making me smile slightly. I caught Keilor smiling at me, I winked at him.

~~~~

I stared at the twirling couples with a sense of deja vu, I knew this scene well. I’d sat at the tables at my own coronation staring at the beautiful way the couples twirled and laughed with their partners, not with fault but with admiration and cunning words. It shocked me that such a perfect place existed, it was delicate with a touch of ancient acristoacy.

“This indeed feels familiar, does it not?” I felt Keilor slide into the seat next to me with ease, I watched as King Torrell spun Lauriel with ease.

“A little bit. I don’t remember how long it is now, that I’ve been here...but it feels like Earth, the orphanage...it all seems like another life now.” I said shrugging. Keilor nudged me playfully.

“You’re indeed in a new life. For everyone, your arrival is a new life.” I laughed freely and rolled my eyes at him.

“I think I’ve become immune to your charming words and heart melting smile now.” I laughed waving it off with my hand, Keilor raised an eyebrow at me and I playfully smiled back at him. “Why-” I began.

“Lady April, will you honor me with a dance?” King Torrell stood there with an outstretched hand. Keilor nudged me under the table and I stood up taking his hand as King Torrell led me out onto the dance floor.

“Are you enjoying yourself King Torrell?” I asked as he spun me gently on the dance floor, I concerntrated as he spun me, following his lead. He was an exellent dancer, my body twisted and turned at his command.

“Yes, I am more than enjoying myself.” He replied back to me, his eyes were glowing brightly, the song seemed to fade out but I didn’t hear it as he stared at me once more locking my eyes to his. “You and Com. Ruher seem quite intimate. Does he have your eye?” He asked with a slight smile breaking me from my trance. I blinked a few times before I turned my head to glance at Keilor for a moment and let out a little chuckle.

“You mean if we’re like dating? No. We’re not dating.” I laughed shaking my head. “Keilor and I...we just...I owe my life to him and every here. I’ve been saved not only from enemies...but from myself as well. It’s almost like starting new, fresh...Without them saving me...I honestly don’t know where I would be...” What was I saying? Rambling on like that? It was crazy how much I could say about the vampires here, they were family.

“However you call him by his first name.” He countered with a bent eyebrow, he watched me curiously as if something was amiss.

“Well, I grew up in an orphanage on Earth...I’m used to calling people by their first names. I do get that the whole first name thing means interest but...” I shrugged my shoulder throwing him a smile, basically I was just hoping to distract him with my smile so he wouldn’t realise that I had no idea what I was talking about. Instead, he simply brushed the hair off my face and leaned slowly into me.

“It’s nice to meet you April, my name is Xavious Torrell.” He whispered into my ear, it was only then did I hear the soft lyrics of ‘Yellow’ enter my mind. ‘Do you know I love you so?’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

162K 7.3K 43
The pursuit for the Golden Crown continues but being the strongest academy representative is no longer enough. The victorious suitor must also convin...
199K 17.3K 13
When a mysterious new guy joins my meteorology class, a blizzard comes to campus. The new guy is sullen, frosty, and everything he touches turn to ic...
110M 3.4M 115
The Bad Boy and The Tomboy is now published as a Wattpad Book! As a Wattpad reader, you can access both the Original Edition and Books Edition upon p...
726K 61.7K 67
Colors danced behind my eyes, until the world fell into a haze of dark mist. Black fissures of power within arm's reach. Mine. Magic slammed int...