Silent Treatment (boyxboy)

By ApplebottomJon

He ignores me. It's okay though. I don't talk to him either. We have never said a word to each other, ever si... More

one : don't drop that towel
two : dinner with the stags
three : oh no!
four : the weirdest "show" ever
five : when the bell rings
six : not tonight
seven : us a thing?
eight : mom...!
nine : motherf*cker.
ten : the end begins
eleven : a set of strangers
twelve : humming along to the moss
thirteen : the dish ran away with the spoon
fourteen : under the mistletoe
fifteen : he didn't see that coming
sixteen : christmas miracle
seventeen : merry christmas
eighteen : not under the mistletoe
nineteen : nipping at your nose
twenty : double date
twenty one : all fun and pain
twenty two : songs, sweaters, stars, snuggles, and smooches
twenty three : posing for the pictures
twenty four: he fell down & broke his crown
twenty five : lost it
twenty six : lost boy
twenty eight: silent treatment

twenty seven: two birds, one stone

4.3K 208 120
By ApplebottomJon

Biddy's PoV:

Darkness.

That's all I saw for some minutes until I opened eyes.

Then I saw the light.

Am I dying?

I can't die. Not now.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

My vision started blurring into something. When I said I was seeing the light, I wasn't kidding. I was literally seeing the lights on the ceiling above me. I squinted uncomfortably, my eyes at twitching different places.

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Thank God I wasn't dying. I was just in the hospital and that was my heart beating on the monitor.

My vision started clearing and I managed to twitch my fingers, my toes and slowly moving my hands, my feet.

Gravity started working again and I realized I was laying at a slight angle. I looked down my body and saw myself in the gown, under a couple of blankets. My arm left arm and my right leg were in casts, my leg hanging in the air.

I gave myself a mental groan, rolling my eyes. My head was pulled along and landed me looking at the person in the hospital bed next to me.

Salem.

I gasped but no air was being sucked in. I coughed and coughed. My side started hurting like a bitch.

Beepbeepbeepbeepbeepbeep.

Okay. Now I'm dying.

From the corner of my eye, a nurse quickly entered the room. She approached me and softly laid a hand on my shoulder while she messed with the monitor.

I was gasping for air.

"You're not going to die, kid. Just breathe softly."

She took a step back with a clipboard in her hands and started writing.

"You broke a rib. It gets hard to breathe so just breathe easy. Through the nose, come on now."

And I did. I even managed to make a hello to nurse. She laughed a hello back and went back to writing.

"What happened to him?"

She looked over at Salem.

"Oh, he had a kidney problem. Fell down a flight of stairs and hit his head. Paramedics took him in. A kidney surgery."

I stared at Salem, my eyebrows furrowing in concern.

The nurse flipped a few papers and read something.

"Medication + concussion = potential comatose."

My heart sank. A coma?

How long? I can't move on without him! We–we have a child! He can't leave us.

She continued reading.

"But apparently, it says here, that that would be extremely rare. If he hit his head any harder, he would've been out for a week."

Mental sigh.

"He'll probably wake up today or tomorrow," closing her papers and clicking her pen, "His choice, I guess!"

She laughed and I smiled.

"Yeah... hopefully he'll wake up sooner..." I mumbled.

"Oh you know him?"

"Yeah. Um. He's my boyfriend."

"Woah wait what no way!" she gasped, taking a step back, her head switching between us both. "Y'all are cute little love birds! Two birds, one stone, I guess."

I smiled.

"Well, I should be getting back to work. Would you like a water or anything?"

"Yes please. And actually, are any of my family around?"

"They should be coming back from dinner actually, let me check" she exclaimed before racing out the door.

About a couple of minutes later, in replace of the nurse, my mom entered the room heading straight to me. She basically her fell on her knees once she got to the bed.

"Oh God, I'm so glad you're awake."

"Me too... How long have I been out?"

"Oh only a few hours but a mother can worry"

"Of course," I lightly laughed, cautiously watching my breath.

"You're lucky I can't hit you, Biddy. I would've hit you right here," she said (not sure if she was joking or not), her fist hitting my arm in slow motion. She ended with a mouth made explosion.

"Yeah... I mean you're already suffering. Look at you! You almost killed yourself, Biddy," her voiced weakened, her eyes saddening.

"A concussion, a broken rib, and two broken limbs," Her tone lightened and she bit her lip. "The prices you pay for love, right?"

"Salem's right there, by the way" she pointed her thumb behind her.

"Yeah, I know. I almost suffocated to death when I saw him."

"He just keeps on taking your breath away!"

I blushed so hard.

"Mom!" I gasped and winced. My mom gasped an apology, covering her mouth in guilt.

I looked over at him.

"Mom, I love him," I said weakly, my voice about quivering.

My mom sighed and brushed her fingers through my hair.

"Oh, I know honey."

"Do you think he'll wake up soon? I want to talk to him."

"Hopefully, honey... I can't believe you guys haven't said a word to each other yet" she stared blankly across my bed.

"Me either..."

"Actions are louder than words," she smiled, "You guys do that really well."

I smiled, sort of speechless. I looked over at him again, finding his hand right there.

I wanted to hold it.

I wanted to hold him.

"Mom, do you think the nurse can move my bed closer to him?" I asked, looking up at the ceiling again.

"Sure, I'll go ask her but you should head to bed" my mom got up and adjusted my blankets

"Mom, I am in bed."

"You know what I mean," she rolled her eyes, tousling my hair. Once she left to go get the nurse, I fell asleep.

-

"I–I didn't know my son was gay," I heard another woman's slightly concerned voice in the room. I opened my eyes and found Salem's mum in front of his bed. She was clutching herself, staring confusedly at my mother.

"I didn't mean to break it to you like that but I really hope you still love him nonetheless, Juliet."

My mum rubbed Juliet's shoulders, attempting to reassure her.

"Of course I do! It's just..." Juliet turned her head to Salem, "he was living life, never telling me anything and now he's in the hospital almost dead, unconscious. I'm his mother for God's sake, what's wrong with me?"

She started sobbing.

"Why couldn't he trust me? I'm a good mother. I know I'm Catholic but that is no excuse for me to hurt my son."

"Then tell him. Tell him that you love him once he's awake. He told me he's been wanting to tell you but he was afraid."

Juliet sniffed, taking his hand "I'm afraid of what people will do... you know the world is crazy."

"Juliet" my mum stepped up, placing a hand on Juliet's shoulder, "we all know this world is crazy but his friends, his family–you. They mean the world to him. Show him that it's not as crazy as it seems."

Wise words from Thracia Stag. My mum handed her a tissue.

Juliet took a second to process the thought, dabbing at her face. She nodded and smiled and laughed, the last of her tears rolling down her face. She squeezed on Salem's hand, giving it a small kiss.

I couldn't help but smile. I also coughed which brought the mums attention to me. I managed to squeeze a "hi" before coughing again.

Juliet shuffled to my side and grabbed my hand. She scanned my injuries and squeezed my hand.

"You must really love my son" she sniffed. My mum and I laughed right after. My mum pulled up a chair for herself and Juliet.

"Yeah... I'd rather have broken bones than a broken heart"

She patted me, taking a seat.

"You'd rather have broken bones than a broken heart" she repeated, "You know, Salem would love that line. He writes music."

"Yeah... I think the song he sang at the Christmas party was for me" I looked to nowhere, trying not to sound cocky.

"Wow, he must really love you too."

"I guess..." I blushed.

"However, I've got a question" she let go of me, sitting back in her chair. Her eyebrows furrowed, a puzzled look in her eyes, "Why title it... Silent Treatment?"

¸¸.•*¨*•¸¸.•*¨*•¸¸.•*¨*•¸¸.•*¨*•¸¸.•*¨*•¸¸.•*¨*•¸¸.•*¨*•

I'M ALIVE!

I am so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry I wasn't able to update it for the longest flipping time.

It's my senior year of high school and honestly, I couldn't have been any busier. My life is wild; I would explain but it would take to long.

However, it got to me. But now I'm free. I think. Not really. I tried to be, writing this latest chapter.

Anyway, I wanted to give the biggest thank you ever! I am so so grateful. I hadn't realised how much this book blew up amongst the Wattpad boyxboy community. Reading your comments are always so fun and uplifting ^-^ Thank you for reading and voting! It honestly means the world to me that a lot of people love this story.

I have so much to I want to do this time around and I think I'll have more time now that I'm going to college.

A passion project that I'm working on right now is for Marvel comics and I'm wondering if you guys would be interested in being a part of it too? If the fact that it's Marvel hasn't convinced you, what if I said... there's a gay love triangle in it.

If you're interested, please comment and follow me and I'll post a rundown of what I have in mind.

That being said, I think Silent Treatment is going to end pretty soon. And I know that sucks BALLS–trust me, I've experienced the ends of books and cried–but it doesn't always mean its over.

I might give the couple a cameo in my Marvel series, who knows? *slight smirk*

On that note, I hope you enjoyed this chapter.

VOTE & COMMENT, I LOVE YOU, OKAY THANKS BYE.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

171K 7.6K 59
ခွန်းသမိုးညို × သစ္စာမှိုင်းလွန် အရေးအသားမကောင်းခြင်း၊[+]အခန်းများမြောက်များစွာပါဝင်ပြီး ကိုယ့်အတွက်ဘာအကျိုးမှရမည်မဟုတ်တဲ့စာဖြစ်သည်နှင့်အညီ မကြိုက်လျ...
1.1M 59.3K 38
Millie Ripley has only ever known one player next door. Luke Dawson. But with only a couple months left before he graduates and a blackmailer on th...
137K 776 24
spoiler "Berani main-main sama gue iya? Gimana kalau gue ajak lo main bareng diranjang, hm? " ucap kilian sambil menujukan smirk nya. Sontak hal ter...
17M 653K 64
Bitmiş nefesi, biraz kırılgan sesi, Mavilikleri buz tutmuş, Elleri nasırlı, Gözleri gözlerime kenetli; "İyi ki girdin hayatıma." Diyor. Ellerim eller...