I'm Not The Girl You Used To...

By Kimlee9901

Can you imagine if your parents get divorced and they send you to boarding school?Linda manages to survive th... More

Chapter 1: Hi, Bro
Chapter 2: Unexpected
Chapter 3: First Day
Chapter 4: Confession
Chapter 5: Old Sparks
Chapter 6: Tease
Chapter 7: Zombie
Chapter 8: The Date
Chapter 9: Kira
Chapter 10: Another Day
Chapter 11: Second Date
Chapter 12: Sex Education
Chapter 13: Dating?
Chapter 14: Love Him, Love Him Not
Chapter 15: News
Chapter 16: Blessings
Chapter 17: Meeting Them
Chapter 18: Thanksgiving Disaster
Chapter 19: Trouble in Paradise
Chapter 20: Pain
Chapter 21: I Love You?
Chapter 22: Pain
Chapter 23: Everything I do, I do It For You
Chapter 24: Dilemma 1
Chapter 25: Dilemma 2
Chapter 26: Dilemma 3
Chapter 27: Tell him
Chapter 28: Official
Chapter 30: Settled
Chapter 31: Freedom
Chapter 32: Fun Date
Chapter 33: All of Me
Chapter 34: Merry Christmas
Chapter 35: The Proposal
Chapter 36: Epilogue Part 1
Chapter 37: Epilogue part 2
A/N

Chapter 29: Protector

9.9K 273 7
By Kimlee9901

It's been 3 days since we were official and I couldn't be more happier. I told Hailey the next day at school and she was excited as well.

Ethan was great. Though it was only 3 days, it's like I've been with him forever. He was surprisingly sweet, funny and showered me with kisses.

We didn't tell Brian yet. I told Ethan it was best if we told him after he came back from Washington.

Today, I was walking alone to my class. Hailey didn't walk with me because she was feeling sick this morning. I planned to visit her after class.

When my class was over, I was about to walked out of my class but I saw Mike coming towards me. I tried to walk faster but he was faster.

"Linda", he touched my shoulder.

I turned around and yanked his hand away. "What do you want?", I hissed.

"I just want to apologize for what I did to you", he said genuinely.

I scoffed. "It was two weeks ago and you have the gut to say it now?"

"I know I should apologize earlier. I was a jerk and I promised it won't happen again", he said.

"Fine. You're forgiven. Now if you'll excuse me..."

"I want you back"

I widened my eyes, not believing what I just heard. "What?"

"I want us together again. I missed you", he said then tried to hug me but I stepped back. He looked at me confused.

"Sorry. But I can't"

"Why not?", he asked.

"You hurt me, Mike and I doubt that you won't do the same mistake", I said.

"No,no. I promised you I won't be like that anymore. I'll change for you", he begged.

"I'm sorry, but I can't", I said then walked away from me but he grabbed my wrist.

"Please, Linda. Give me a chance. I love you", he said but I shook my head.

He sighed then he slammed his lips to mine. I tried to pulled him away but he was stronger. He kissed me hungrily making my lips swollen.

"Please, Mike let me go", I said when he moved to my neck. But he didn't respond and kept kissing me.

"Mike, please", I started to cry but still no respond.

I tried to walk away while he was kissing me but he lifted my body and slammed it against the wall.

I couldn't take it anymore. I fought back pushing him away with my hands but then he grabbed my hands and placed it against the wall.

I used my leg this time and kicked him hard on the stomach making him winched in pain. It was my chance and I ran out of the class.

I didn't go to Hailey's but instead I ran home. I couldn't risk being seen by him.

I ran until I got to the apartment. I opened the front door with my shaking hands and closed it behind me and slump down on the floor catching my breath.

"Hey, you're home", I heard Ethan's voice in the living room. Shit. Why I always forgot he always home?

I filled my lungs with air before answering him. "Yeah", my voice sounded weird.

"Are you OK?", he asked worried and I heard him standing up from the couch. What should I do?

I got up and went inside the kitchen to have some water. He went in too when I was filling the glass full.

I drank all of it in one gulp. Ethan looked at me confused. "I'm thirsty", I said cheerfully.

He seemed didn't buy it so he nodded. He opened his arms to me wanting a bear hug. I chuckled and walked towards him hugging him tightly.

"Why are you out of breath?", he asked suddenly. I looked up to him.

"What?"

"Were you just running?", he asked.

"Yeah", I said bluntly.

"May I ask why?", he furrowed his brow. Shit. What should I say?

"Um, it's good to exercise sometimes", I made up stupid excuse.

He looked into my eyes waiting for an honest reason.

"It's nothing really. Stop worrying", I slapped lightly on his chest.

"You'll tell me if something's wrong right?", he kissed my forehead.

"Of course I'll tell you", I said hugging him again. And he dropped it. For now.

(Ethan POV)

I swear there was something going on with Linda. She just came home looking tired and I felt her heavy breathing when I hugged her.

I kept asking her what was wrong and she said nothing.I actually didn't buy it when she said she needed exercise. Why didn't she open up to me?

The moment I dated her was the happiest moment in my life. I wanted to be there for her whatever her condition were. And I wanted to know what was going on with her.

After deep in thoughts for a while I dropped it and started to get ready to meet Mr. Smith this evening. I showed him my last design and he looked pleased with it. Today, he wanted to discuss about his office design.

Linda went to her room and I showered to freshen up. I got to my room and got dressed in suit.

I wasn't a big fan of suits. I looked too formal but since me and Mr. Smith would discuss in a fancy restaurant, I needed to dress to impress.

After checking myself one last time, I was ready to leave but before I did that, I needed to see my Linda.

I opened her bedroom door and found her typing on a computer with her glasses on. She didn't even realize I was standing in the doorway.

I walked towards her and tapped her shoulder making her jumped a little. She lifted her head to me. She looked at me in wide eyes watching me from head to toe.

"Where're you going?", she asked still looking at my dressing.

"I have a meeting with my boss at a restaurant so I won't be home for dinner. But I can buy you something from the way home", I said stroking her hair.

She blushed and shook her head. "It's fine. I could make something for myself", she said.

"But there's no more food in here. I'll buy you something", I said remembering I forgot to shop for groceries.

"It's fine. I'm not hungry anyway", she said.

I furrowed my brow. "You need to eat, Linda. I'll buy you something and that's final", I said sternly. She looked at me shocked and I sighed.

"I'm sorry. I just don't want you to get sick", I said softly kissing her forehead.

"OK", she said.

"OK. I'll be going now", I pecked her lips.

"Be careful", she said.

"Always will", I said before I closed the door.

I got to the place 5 minutes earlier. The place was quite nice. Nice atmosphere and live music. I could take Linda here for our first date.

My thoughts were snapped when I saw Mr. Smith sitting the chair across me. He looked pleased with my choice of dressing.

The dinner went well and we discussed many things for the project. He would like to see my design for his office as soon as possible. I promised him I won't let him down.

We bid farewell and he left the restaurant after he paid our bill. I insisted that I could pay for myself but he refused.

I took a glance at my watch and it was almost 9 PM. Linda must be really hungry.

I walked out of the restaurant and walked home. But before that, I stopped at Taco Bell to buy for Linda.

The line was pretty long but I still stood patiently for my turn to order.

I was standing patiently when I heard familiar voice behind me. I peeked a little at my back and saw that jerk Mike with his friends laughing.

I tried my best not to punch him again. No. Not in public. Calm yourself.

"And how about the girl you're with? ", I heard one of his friends asked.

"Yeah, man. How's she?  I never seen you guys together anymore", his other friend asked.

"Oh, well I don't know. She was mad at me because I kept pushing her to the next step", that jerk said and my fist started to clench. That lying jerk. He didn't tell his friends what he actually did to her.

His friends laughed. "Really? Too bad she's hot", the other one said. I closed my eyes to calm..

"I know right?And just now after the class, I bumped into her and I couldn't help myself", that jerk chuckled.

"And what happened? ", his friend asked.

"She fought me back of course. Though it was only a while, but I could sense that she's good to screw with". That was it. I turned around and dragged that jerk out of the place.
"Hey, what the hell, dude. Let go of me", he yelled trying to throw punches at me.

I dragged him to the corner of the alley and pushed him. He looked at me with wide eyes and he looked scared. What a coward.

I punched him like the gym bag. Kicking his stomach and he screamed in pain. I think it was broken.

"Hey, let him go", I heard one of his friends running towards me.

The first one came near me ready to throw his punches but I managed to move and punched him in the jaw making him fell to the ground.

The second person also came and I pushed him to the hard wall making him hit and fell unconscious.

There was only one left but he looked scared after I finished his friends. Instead of getting involved, he ran to the other direction.

I looked at the mess I made. One was  unconscious and the others were whimpered in pain.

I turned back to the main road and walked home to my Linda.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

2.6M 89.3K 45
**Highest Ranking : #1 in Chicklit** [ A WATTPAD FEATURED STORY ] Mabel Carter traveled half way across the country to attend college and get away...
26.4K 1.4K 49
She was lonely, but the loneliness never bothered her. Her only motive was to live a better life. 'Better', for her was to have a home where she can...
138 9 25
Addison fucks up a lot, she is only 17 but she gets herself in all sorts of trouble. That is until her dad couldn't handle her anymore and sent her a...
3.2K 164 54
Stories are long, goodbyes are sad, heartbreaks are painful, people are confusing and a group of teenagers slowly learn to deal with it.