Love, Anonymous (COMPLETED)

By ANNwithnoE

In an alternate universe, Maine Mendoza fails to make it as a talent in Eat Bulaga, and pursues her other dre... More

Prologue : Destiny Calls
Chapter One - Passenger by Chance
Chapter Two - Splitscreen Chemistry
Chapter Three - Chance Encounter
Chapter Four - Weather Beaten
Chapter Five - Sweet Surrender
Chapter Six - Gaining Momentum
Chapter Seven - Meet the Parents
Chapter Eight - Inner Conflict
Chapter Nine -The Gentleman of Verona
Chapter 10 - Arrivederci
Chapter Eleven - Reality Bites
Chapter Twelve - The Pessimistic Optimist
Chapter Thirteen - Reluctant Celebrity
Chapter Fourteen - Bit by Bit
Chapter Fifteen - Paradigm Shift
Chapter Sixteen - Serendipity
Chapter Seventeen - Destiny Claimed
Chapter Eighteen - Career Milestone
Chapter Nineteen - Uncertainties
Chapter Twenty - Secrets
Chapter Twenty One - Miggy's Story
Chapter Twenty Two - Agitation
Chapter Twenty Three - Patring's Request
Chapter Twenty Four - The Package
Chapter Twenty Five - Stalemate
Chapter Twenty Six - The Solution
Chapter Twenty Seven - Tying Loose Ends
Chapter Twenty Eight - Full Circle
Chapter Twenty Nine - Plot Twist
Chapter Thirty - I Do
Chapter Thirty One - Harot Night
Chapter Thirty Two - In Sickness and In Health
Chapter Thirty Three - Realizations
Chapter Thirty Four - Wanting
Chapter Thirty Five - Miscommunication
Chapter Thirty Six - Eye to Eye
Chapter Thirty Seven - In A Heartbeat
Chapter Thirty Eight - Starvation
Chapter Thirty Nine - Cravings
Chapter Forty - Intermission
Chapter Forty One - Waiting
Chapter Forty Two - Aftermath
EPILOGUE

Chapter Forty Three - The Homecoming

8.5K 433 20
By ANNwithnoE

Photo Credit : http://www.bellemaisoninc.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/LorNur3.jpg

Hi beshies :) Feeling a little under the weather today, but that didn't stop me from coming up with this update, because I'm committed like that. So pardon any typos, didn't have time to edit because I am so dizzy right now. Hoping to feel better tomorrow.

I hope this update will be a feel good one for you all, since sepanx strikes us again while Alden is in London. The twins are finally well enough to go home. It's happy times ahead for the Faulkersons, as they moved into their brand new home, took their now healthy twins home and make up for all the lost time of being away from them for a month.

At this point, I'd like to thank you all for being so supportive of this fic, of feeling all the emotions conveyed by each chapter, and for sharing your thoughts. Love Anonymous will be ending tomorrow, it's been a beautiful and rewarding journey for my first full length story. Thank you for making it easier to finish, as I am driven by your encouraging comments. 

Enjoy the weekend my friends :)

August 20, 2018

Maine was awake at the crack of dawn, busy preparing the nursery of their brand new home. Alden worked hard with their contractors to finish the house in time for the twins coming home from the hospital. Thankfully, they made it a week before today, enough time to decorate the nursery and their own bedroom. The kitchen and entertainment room were easily done, it was just three bedrooms left to decorate, but that could wait. For now, Maine was installing mobiles on the cribs.

The room was decorated in yellow and powder blue, the walls had an accent strip of colorful trees and animals, the cribs were painted a pristine white. Athena's bedsheets were in pink while Siegfried's was in powder blue. The room was carpeted, to muffle footsteps of people who came in and out of the nursery.

The door opened, Alden peeked into the room, a big smile on his face.

"Babe? Let's have breakfast na. Can't wait to take them home."

"Yes babe, just made sure the room is ready."

Alden walked in to survey the room. He admired the homey feel of the room, the liely touches of sunshine yellow on powder blue. Maine did a good job working closely with the interior designer, channeling her post-partum depression through the preparation of this room and theirs. Alden walked up behind her and hugged her to him, kissing her cheek.

"Babe, please promise me that the twins will sleep here during the day pero sa gabi kasama natin sila sa room. I don't think I can sleep well if they're in another room, kahit adjoining yung nursery sa room natin."

"I also want that babe. If you don't mind nga, sana minsan itabi natin sila sa pagtulog. We won't be getting much sleep anyway. I want to take care of them myself, ayoko kumuha ng yaya."

"Ok lang sakin yun, babe. But let's get a registered nurse to help you during the day. Just to be sure, para pag may emergencies, there's someone to help you bring the twins to the hospital. I'm sorry kung medyo morbid ako, pero mula ng mamatay si mommy, I don't want to leave anything to chance."He hugged her close, kissing her on the forehead.

-----

They had been through so much in the past weeks. It took five days in the hospital before they were finally allowed to hold the twins in their arms. It was such an emotional moment for both of them to finally share the warmth of their bodies with their little bundles of joy. Alden couldn't forget that moment Siegfried first curled his little fingers around his thumb, the small yet firm grasp of his son made him so thankful that his twins fought for their lives as hard as he prayed for their deliverance from danger.

It was difficult battle for Maine to stay strong, considering she was physically weak from childbirth and emotionally vulnerable. The clearance to feed her babies came after three nights in the hospital, but only from a drip, which meant she had to pump her breastmilk every three hours instead of enjoying the bond formed when breastfeeding. She cried, for every breast pump session meant a bonding moment deprived of her and the twins. She was reduced to watching them being feed with a glass pane between them, as the twins hungrily sucked at the tube of the drip feed.

And then came the day that they would be going home, but would be leaving the twins behind. It took a supreme effort of control for them to remain stoic, what with media covering their departure from the hospital. They maintained a calm exterior especially when reporters interviewed them, asking questions about Maine's and the twins' recovery. Alden felt like punching them in the face for crowding his wife, without regard for her condition and emotional state. But Maine learned from him well, she gave short but firm answers, did not break down and succeeded in discouraging them from asking too personal questions.

Their first nights in the condo after coming home from the hospital were hellish, to say the least. Alden was quiet most of the time while Maine went from quiet to wacky, trying to overcompensate for her sadness. She tried to liven up for both of them, but when Alden caught her crying silently in their room, he snapped out of his brooding and took charge. They talked for the whole night, comforting each other, laying bare all their fears.

"Babe, pano kung mamatay sila doon na wala man lang tayo? Ang lungkot, babe, di ko kaya, wala man lang tayong laban," Maine said, her chest heaving from so much emotion.

"Hindi mangyayari yun," Alden assured her, even though he was having trouble breathing from fear of it coming true. "God is watching over our twin, Maine, just have faith, matatapos rin ito."

They visited the twins everyday, religiously staying in the nursery for three to five hours, just holding them, taking turns with each baby, talking to them in comforting whispers. From time to time, they would be rewarded with an angelic smile, and the world would be right again.

They finally brought the twins home, feeling the happiness brought about by a new home and having the twins with them. As they put the twins in their respective cribs, they began to cry. Alden picked up Siegfried and motioned for Maine to put Athena in his other arm. He sat on the rocking chair and started singing to them one of his songs.

Sky is gray
Moon is pale
Find the missing colors
Smoke like in the air

Never been
Haven't seen
A shelter to get over
A secret hideaway

Rescue me, you're all I have
Turn to me come take my hand
Don't know where I stand
Nowhere to be found
Rescue me, let love suffice
Let illusions leave my eyes
Temporary lies
Turn to paradise

Rescue me... Rescue me...

Another day
Not astray
Gather shattered pieces
While you are on your way

All I see
Is you and me
Clear as the waters
Pure as it can be

Imaginary lines
Drifting on my mind
Lighten up the burden inside
Wait until tomorrow
Soon the sun will rise
We'll be together in time

Maine sighed contentedly, capturing this moment in a photo. After the hurdles they've been through; her sterility scare as a result of endometriosis, the premature birthing, and leaving the twins in the hospital when it was time for them to go home, Maine was glad they reached this perfect moment. She would never trade anything, not even the hard times, for they helped make this moment the sweetest, happiest highlight of motherhood for her....... seeing her loving husband doting on their healthy twins.

When the twins have settled and gotten used to their new environment, Alden laid both of them in one crib, imagining that they probably got used to being with each other and should never be apart. And then, right after he put them down, another perfect moment happened. Athena and Siegfried held hands.

Photo Credit : http://www.parents.com/baby/all-about-babies/twins-beat-150000-to-1-odds-of-babies-being-born-the-same-day/

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

92.1K 1.4K 23
Three months after an amicable divorce of a 16 year marriage from Maine Mendoza, RJ Faulkerson was shocked to see her on his doorstep asking to take...
11.8K 694 26
(May Season 1 tuh guys yeah!) Mga magkakahalong kuwento ng isang love story. Hindi lang yun syempre nangunguna ang paborito nating Character na sina...
299K 9.7K 29
Serendipity Series #2: Serenity /sɪˈrɛnɪti/ noun the state of being calm, peaceful, and untroubled. Miguel Lucas Monteclaro has it all. Being the fro...
235K 1.4K 32
#2 maine #1 rj #6 alden #8 alden #1 eatbulaga #7 maine NcmnRchrd po yung BOOK 2