Love Lead Me On - A Legolas x...

By Lockette_H

Not all love is reciprocated. More often than not, there are those who are left to tragically drown in their... More

Chapter 1: On the road leading to you, I'll send a million I love you's
Chapter 2: Misplaced Grievances, Taken For Granted
Chapter 3: The King Under The Mountain, Unlikely Friendships
Chapter 4: With a downcast smile, you pierced my heart like a dagger
Chapter 5: Delivering this "I love you" to you one million times again
Chapter 6: Unwanted Revelation, At A Crossroad
Chapter 7: A Swordsmaster's Oath, The Lady Of Light's Greatest Gift
Chapter 8: Burying wounds of the Past, A Persistent Ally
Chapter 9: Pressing the wrong buttons, I became rash in choosing my words
Chapter 10: All is never fair- not in love, not in war
Chapter 11:
Chapter 12
Chapter 13: Uncharted Memories, What Ails The Indecisive Mind
Chapter 15: An Ally Most Elegant, The Elvenking Of The Woodland Realm
Chapter 16: A Pillar Most Passionate, The Elvenking Of The Woodland Realm
Chapter 17: The Elvenking (Part 3)

Chapter 14:

302 14 2
By Lockette_H

-----☆Work Text:

It was precisely around dawn when Celine had awoken from a rather pleasant slumber on Aragorn's lap.

Which was of course the last place she would expect herself to be in had she been resilient enough last night to keep her resolution from crumbling down her feet.

Which is unfortunately, not the case.

The events of last night had replayed vividly in her mind that when she had first woken up to the light of dawn and looked up to see the Dunedain's peacefully sleeping face, she had been utterly relieved.

Lavender hues immediately snapped shut the moment she heard the footsteps of a woman climbing up the stairs in haste.

She had been feigning sleep ever since then.

"Lord Aragorn, Lord Aragorn?" The woman's voice called out as if bearing news and desperately searching for the man. It didn't take her long to make out that the voice had belonged to Lady Eowyn.

She seemed to have developed quite the fascination to their resident ranger. Celine tried her hardest not to snicker in her pretend sleep.

Of course she wouldn't know about Arwen. No one in the Fellowship knows and not even Aragorn knows that Celine knew about it.

It was never spoken of. Love lives really don't seem to matter as much as it should have when you're all fighting for your lives and against the world's apparent doom.

Seeing the position the man she was searching for and the girl -he was with upon his disappearance and arrival- was in, Eowyn wouldn't have been able to hold back the gasp that left her lips even if she tried.

The seemingly younger girl who had come out as a dangerously snark and cold warrior to her at first now looked nothing more but prone and vulnerable as her fragile form curled up on the sturdy man's lap much like how a cat would to her owner.

Aragorn in turn had a hand tangled on the now loose strands of blue as if he had fallen asleep running his fingers through the silken tresses while his other laid on one slender arm. His breathing came out in deep rhythms before the presence of another being besides the two of them had slowly began to rouse him up from his slumber.

Pulling back the hand that rested on the girl's arm, the ranger ran a hand through his face in an attempt to sweep away the last remnants of sleep in his eyes. Registering a pair of heeled shoes, then the hem of a dress, he slowly looked up to see the troubled face of the shieldmaiden of Rohan,

"My lady, what are you doing in these parts so early in the morning?" He asked groggily before attempting to stand up only to learn that the swordsmaster was still occupying his lower body.

It took a couple of breaths for Eowyn to answer but when she did, her eyes were wide before they furrowed and looked at the two of them in suspicion, "Shouldn't I be asking you that question? What is a man and a woman doing in this part of Helm's Deep so late at night that you seemingly fell asleep right where you were?"

She could feel Aragorn freeze in place and she could swear there was a bit of jealousy in the tone that the lady had used there and so, thinking that there's no more use in playing her little game of feigning sleep and that this might get a little bit out of hand should it be left in the hands of the newly woken ranger, Celine had finally intervened.

"I do not mean to offend but I do believe that Aragorn's whereabouts and the people he is with is the least of your concern, my dearest lady." Her voice spoke out in impeccable fluidity even after being hoarse from last night. Blinking a bit to stabilize her vision, she decided to run an arm through her eyes as she sat up and settled beside the Dunedain, calmly watching the woman before them fidget in embarrassment.

"Celine," Aragorn warned and placed a hand on her shoulder.

Sighing, the girl complied and took her gaze off the maiden who seemed to be growing uncomfortable every second that had passed.

"You bring news?" She prompted instead when Eowyn was still too busy looking at all of their feet in varying yet all so predictable patterns -Aragorn's left and right, Celine's left, her own two feet and back again.

The swordsmaster cleared her throat in an attempt to get the blonde woman's attention.

"What? Uh, yes!" She stuttered and immediately cowered when she was met by a slightly impatient amethyst glare upon looking up, "t-there are elves, on the gates. I have told the men to wait for Lord Aragorn's confirmation before letting them in."

Her ears immediately perked up at this and she was suddenly on her feet, making her way closer to the edge of the balcony, "So I assume that the king is still asleep then?" She tried to hide her anticipation behind her customary nonchalance. Eowyn nodded.

Heaving a deep breath of the fresh morning air and leaning a bit towards the railings, Celine tugged the band that held her hair together, the gentle gusts of the morning wind caressing the fine blue tendrils with intense care.

It was such a breath taking view that both spectators had found themselves taking a sharp intake of breath as their blue eyes widened.

Her figure stood there, outlined by the rising sun as if she is the hope that had pulled the golden rays to shine upon them for another morning full of chances, mess of blue waves flowing like the elusive freedom they would want to retain for as much as they could, and she turns and meets them with sparkling lavender eyes that could keep the fire of hope burning even through the slim chances of winning.

She couldn't have helped the smile that plastered itself on her face upon seeing the elves that Eowyn was talking about earlier down below.

"What is it, Celine?" Aragorn asked, a worried edge on his tone upon seeing the unnatural enthusiasm the normally so stoic and uptight girl is wearing.

It was almost... Resembling childish excitement.

A description that none of the Fellowship, none of the people who had travelled, worked and fought with her would ever use on her.

It's just that the term is barely applicable on anything else that doesn't include the girl snickering in triumph as she slashed her way towards her enemies and leaving their mangled bodies behind her trail.

She only ever does something remotely close enough to a smile whenever she's killing orcs now.

"Come," she spoke simply, approaching them and pulling him to his feet, "you will see." And the smile that shone on her face now made the sorrow that practically swallowed her up entirely last night seem as if it had been nothing more but an unpleasant illusion.

The Dunedain found himself repressing a chuckle at how much the girl was currently struggling to hide her excitement underneath another one of her many cool facades, "Of course." One managed to escape as a slightly teasing grin made its appearance on his face.

Eowyn caught up with this but was still downright confused, "My lady, what do you mean?" The woman followed them as the duo began briskly walking down spiraling flights of stairs.

Aragorn snickered when a frown marred the girl's cheerful countenance upon hearing the title. Taking her silence as his cue, he half-turned to the woman behind them and mouthed, "she despises being called a lady."

Blue eyes widened at this and the lady's face was that of guilt and great abashment, "Oh my," she gasped as they finally reached the bottom of the steps, "I am so sorry."

Not knowing that she was the recipient of the apology, Celine kept on walking, her feet dashing in a speed as if there was some force drawing her forward but that was before the ranger paused in his tracks and gently tugged at the girl's hand, effectively halting her steps.

Pausing just in front of the gates, the swordsmaster turned towards the man with an impatient glower, wordlessly asking as to whatever was it of great importance that made the man stop and pull her along with him as well.

Aragorn tilted his head in a way that seemed to tell her that she should know quite well what the answer to her question is, to which the girl only furrowed her brows in reply.

The man sighed and shook his head helplessly, "The lady asked for your forgiveness."

"Was it really necessary? It was such a trifling matter that there was hardly-" the Dunedain had cut her off by giving her a hard look.

Turning to the woman, Celine decided that the quicker she could take care of this little picayune the earlier she'll be able to greet her guests.

Flashing a slightly fake smile, she gathered all the chivalry she has left at her faintly temperamental self's disposal and turned all of her attention on the blonde woman, "Everything is forgiven, my lady." She stated formally, the iciness in her tone never to be missed even by the most oblivious of all beings.

"Now, shall we get going?" She enunciated each word, warning the Dunedain that one more delay from him would likely cost him his own throat.

Aragorn was caught off guard by the sudden hostility. He inwardly cursed the swordsmaster's mercurial behavior, trying his hardest not to flinch as he immediately nodded the moment the glare intensified on him.

"Good." The girl tilted her head, before turning to Eowyn and raising another question, "How about you, my lady? Everything's settled on your side?"

One blonde head nodded quickly, wanting to get those piercing pairs of amethyst off her general direction as fast as she could.

Celine allowed herself a quiet snicker, pleased at everyone's cooperation and her silent threat's unwavering effectiveness.

Rising her head to look at the guards above and at the sides, she rose her hand and shouted, "Open the gates!"

But of course, there had to be that one guard who'll ask why and would doubt her orders because she is neither the king nor Aragorn.

Giving said guard a stone cold glare, Celine mentally counted to ten to reign her temper in before she explodes. And of course, Aragorn was quick to catch up on this.

"Follow as the swordsmaster says. Open the gates!" He bellows, rising a comforting hand on the girl's rigid shoulder as he gave her a consoling smile.

Which only made the girl's frown deepen. Dropping one of his hands, she crossed her arms over her chest and glowered at every single guard in their presence. Not liking the apparent doubt they seemed to have of her power and credibility.

"Celine, calm down." Aragorn's voice seemed to say but it had been drowned in the sounds of the chains being pulled and the gates opening and her own head throbbing loud in poorly restrained anger.

"Any more of that scowl and your youthful face would be wasted for naught, young priestess." An elegantly deep voice resounded crystal clear as the last of the wooden barrier was lifted to reveal an army of elves lead by no one else but the ellon who had spoken earlier with such fond playfulness in his tone.

Looking up from where she was glaring daggers on the floor, her lavender eyes immediately met serene pale blues resting on a perfectly sculpted face and a tiny smile was back on her face once more.

Perched atop his grand elk with all the genteel of the noble king that he is, clad in his battle armor of silver and with his all too familiar circlet resting on his forehead, the notion of the king never aging a day since they had last met never escaped the girl's thoughts.

He is still very much the same as she remembered him. Long blond hair billowing behind his back like a silken cape, clean cut features, pale blue eyes and the intimidating mien of a king.

Of course she knew better.

But that didn't stop her from reliving old habits. They do die hard after all.

"My king," she walked upfront and gave the ellon an Elvish salute before dropping to one of her knees in the form of respect.

"You may rise," the Elvenking commanded a little bit faster than he intended to, before giving the girl a meaningful nod.

Standing back to her feet, she walked a bit more so that she stood beside the king's mighty steed.

Turning back to her companions and the rest of Rohan who had woken up and flocked around them to see their visitors, she announced,

"My ladies and gentlemen, the army of the Elvenking of Mirkwood, Thranduil Oropherion has come to our aid in battle!"

Everyone bursted into relieved and ecstatic cheers, welcoming the elves into the fortress of Helm's Deep with such an uplifting vigor that even Aragorn couldn't keep himself from rushing forward to meet the king, along with many others.

But like everyone else that attempted, he had been lost in the crowd when the Elvenking had stepped off his mount.

-----☆To be continued

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

84.9K 2.9K 36
A Beauty and the Beast inspired retelling with Thranduil the Elvenking and a human reader from a nearby village. When you take your father's place in...
112K 2.6K 22
When a princess elleth unknowingly enters the realms of Mirkwood, she finds herself to be the missing piece to a promise made long ago
42.7K 678 30
The story of how (Y/N) and Legolas fell in love in the realm of Mirkwood and the adventures that they faced together. This occurred inbetween the Ho...
99.3K 2K 33
This story is about King Thranduil and Mayia . This story takes place in Mirkwood after Thranduil finds Mayia in the river after a Orc Attack. The ma...