Rejection Broke Her

By OfficiallyAmused

(COMPLETED) * "Look, Mavis, you're a beautiful girl with lots of potential and I'm so sorry about this bu... More

00; Full Description
01; Lost & Found
02; Panic in the Classroom
03; The Next Few Months
04; No Luck
05; An Alpha's Rejection
06; Realisation
07; Phone Call
08; Road Trip
09; The Royal Pack
10; A Cruel Empire
11; Another Missing Member
12; A Ball
13; The Alpha King
14; Rosie
16; Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold
17; Bye Bye Rejection
18; Confrontation
19; The Returned Truth
20; New Plan
21; Tunnels
22; Olive and Ren
23; You Don't Have An Escape Plan?
24; Side Effects
25; Leave Me Alone
26; Roses are Red
27; Claribel Lupus
28; We're Losing
29; 'Ditching' Brett
30; Family Issues
31; Rekindle
32; Date...?
33; Date Without Fate
34; Stop
35; Right or Wrong
36; New Enemies
37; Brett's Warning
38; Mission
39; The Important Facts
40; The Calm
41; Before
42; The Storm
43; The End
Epilogue
Author's Note

15; Cowards

123K 3.3K 362
By OfficiallyAmused

Mavis' POV

The King had made his steps slow and continious as he approached Rosie. The crowd watched in atonishment. Rosie and King Mason. It's weird to think that his mate was right under his nose, if only he decided to look - and not to neglect his people.

Grins were all of the pack's faces, especially Alena who was whispering excitedly to her mate whom I was yet to meet formally.

Everyone was frozen. I swear you could hear a pin drop. I turned to my left where Ace was squirming in sorrow. I didn't mind. I wanted him to feel that way.

As everyone was distracted, I slipped out of the ball but not before smiling gently towards the new couple. I hoped them the best even though Rosie's mate was a bastard.

The halls were dead apart from the few rushing kitchen staff who were providing the ball with more food. It seemed as if the ball was getting more lively - no one would notice my disapearance.

It's strange how everyone admires the King and they all know the deeds he does to others. They know the anger he holds and the pain he creates. Is it because they're scared? Or do they honestly love this guy?

Or maybe they're just cowards. Too fearful of their own lives being put on the line. One life to save many is too much of a cost for them.

Maybe I am a coward. Maybe that's why I ignore my wolf. Maybe I don't want to hear her complaints about how she was given a worthless being on a human and that her previous companion was ten times better than I.

Or maybe I'm a human. A wolf who fears others yet conquers those emotions.

I am more human than I would ever be wolf. Rejection caused that.

Rejection broke down what little I scrapped of my wolf side. My wolf is almost not there anymore. I won't allow my wolf side to rise because I'm a coward.

We're all cowards.

But we're also warriors.

*

I'd gone to the Omega area of the pack house. It was extremely quiet and I knew that this was the time to speak to the girl.

I opened the door quickly and quietly - shifting myself into the crack in the door. It was exceedingly dark as my eyes adjuted to the change. There were candles in front of each door frame (there were no doors). I made my way down the stairs and moved through the corridor. The first few were small offices.

I soon made it to a bedroom room. I raised my eyebrow in surprise. The room were actually decent. I was staring through in shock at a room two girls were sleeping in. The walls were a beautiful cream colour along with two single beds and a desk. There were a couple dresses on the door frame with a note on them.

For the ball.

I looked further down the hallway. They all had different suits or dresses. My eyebrows furrowed and I frowned in confusion.

The ball had just happened yet none of them went but why would the King allow them to go? Aren't they considered the runt?

"They decided not to go." My heart jumped and I turned to see a man and woman. My eyes widened in surprise. There stood Prince Marcus and his mate. "They don't work on the weekends - members of the pack volunteer on the weekends."

My mouth gaped at the two of them. "I don't think I introduced myself last time." The girl spoke embarrassment was clear when Marcus wrap his arm around her waist. "Sorry." She coughed with a giggle. "I'm Red."

My eyes widened slightly. "Like your hair? That's clever." I spoke nervously.

She furrowed her eyebrows. "No, it's based on Little Red." She then shook her head. "Nonetheless, what's your name?"

I was about to speak when Marcus inform his mate. "Her name's May."

Close enough.

I wasn't about to correct a Prince. I like my head where it is. "Right." I nodded. "But it's still not right that they were taken from their homes."

"Should I tell her?" Red asked Marcus.

"No I will." He smiled down at his mate. "It's a process which most packs have agreed with."

Agreed?

"Our pack takes a member from each pack and take them through our pack in order to find their mates." My eyebrows scrunched. "If their mate is found, they move in with them. If not, they can stay here-" He used his hand to gesture. "-Or go back to their families."

"And most of them decide to stay?" I asked in confusion.

He nodded. "Most them stay since it's a good way to support their families. They earn a lot of money from working here and send it to their families." He explained.

"They're not even considered Omegas." Red pitched in. "We're all a happy family." She smiled brightly.

"Plus, they don't have to stay down here forever. There's a waiting list." I instantly felt bad.

"I skipped the list didn't I?" I looked down slightly.

"Oh no, you were on the list for six months." My eyes widened.

"What? That's not right." I admitted.

"Your sister must've done it." I nodded in agreement.

"What about the tax issue?" I raised an eyebrow.

Red looked confused. "Tax? Why would there be a tax? Surrounding packs decided to live within our territories for protection. This tax must be the donations the pack recieves."

Marcus nodded. "Yeah, there has never been a tax." He said. "That'd be a bit ridicious and harsh. There are only donations from packs when they can."

"What about the three hundred men who surrounded the Blood Moon pack?" I asked.

"Rogues." He growled.

"But that means that everything Sebastian told me was a lie." I spoke.

"There's no Sebastian in the surrounding packs." I looked at Marcus for a moment before inhaling. "I would've known, I am incharge of the packs in the West."

*

I stormed through the forest. The trees scratching against my skin. I knew the direction but I would've rather have gone without Marcus trailing a mile behind. He was following my scent and I was fairly sure that Red was two miles away from me - a mile from Marcus.

They'd told me that they were there for backup but I don't think I'd need it.

I made it to the spot that we'd decided we'd meet when I got information. I whistled and waited.

In five minutes, he'd arrived. His arms and legs extremely scratched up and my eyes broadened. "What happened to you?"

"The Alpha King decided to give us a personal visit. The town is in shams." He started.

"That's terrible." I played along. I let a tear drip for affect.

"Did you get anything? Please tell me you have got something to help me take down that evil bastard." His voice was pleading but his eyes were blank.

It was over.

"I couldn't find the girl. I tried." I spoke. I gasped when I felt his hand against my body shaking me.

"That's okay, May." He spoke softly bringing me into a hug. "Any possible ways to attack? I need to avenge my pack."

And decite me.

I nodded. "Yeah. Tomorrow is the King's Ball. You could slip in." He nodded. His face brightening.

"You're the best." I smiled back at him.

I turned away from him but not before asking him a question.

"What did the King do to you?" I asked him.

"He stole my sister."

*

[a/n]

UPDATE!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

AND IT'S LONGER! YES! YES! YES!

I AM ACTUALLY SO TIRED SO THAT'S WHY YOU ARE GETTING CAPITAL LETTERS!

:D

:)

:P

I'VE BEEN WATCHING COMMUNITY LATELY AND IT'S GREAT!

Aha!

Vote

Comment

Bye!

^-^

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

195K 4.7K 33
"You rejected me!! Not the other way around!!" I yelled at him, tears streaming down my face. "I know." He says, he head hangs low. "And I'm sorry...
1.2M 26.9K 21
Hard Mate Series Book 2. (This series does not have to be read in order.) ***** "I, Chace Winchester, reject you, Alyssa Jackson, as my mate and Luna...
569K 13.9K 28
"I dont want a weak pathetic and fat ugly mate like you. I will find another well deserving mate and Luna . Whats your full name?" "Emerald Hazen" i...
9.7M 332K 46
(Completed) My back ran into the wood door as he held my arms at my side, my breath heavy and my knees weak. "Say it." He demanded. I shook my...