Apartment No.4

By shortycharlotte

#1 Teen Fiction - 25.04.18 {Completed} "No one has ever spoken to me like that." "And why is that? Because yo... More

Introduction
Part 1: Moving In
Part 2: Rough With Words
Part 3: Frustrations
Part 4: Goody Two Shoes
Part 5: Ditch Woman
Part 6: Wicked Mates and Bad Boy Dates
Part 8: Comedy gone Horror
Part 9: Just Friends?
Part 10: Well, You're New.
Part 11: Keys and Kisses
Part 12: Dark Shadows
Part 13: Morning Outings
Part 14: Vulnerable State of Mind
Part 15: Words
Part 16: Invitations
Part 17: Masquerade Hell
Part 18: A Whole New Person
Part 19: Drunken Accidents
Part 20: Headaches with no Hangovers
Part 21: Awkward Kissing
Part 22: Splotchy Purple Mark
Part 23: You're giving me a Heartattack
Part 24: Macy
Part 25: Claire Murphy
Part 26: Returning Home
Part 27: Miss Wealthy
Part 28: Apologies
Part 29: Caught in the Rain
Part 30: Untimely Happy Memories
Part 31: Party Rockers
Part 32: I Hate People
Part 33: You're... You're... An idiot
Part 34: Phlegm Street £30k
Part 35: Doctor Doctor
Part 36: Working Class Man
Part 37: Piles of Files
Part 38: Or worse, expelled.
Part 39: I love you
Part 40: Pregnant
Part 41: Confessions
Part 42: You said
Note
Part 44: You love me; it's the rules.
Part 45: Back again.
Twitter Account
Part 46: A very important question
Part 47: Bombshell bang!
Part 48: Big Boy Toys
Part 49: Engagements
Part 50: Dramatics
Soon Soon!
Part 51: BODMAS
1 MILLION READERS
Part 52: Travis
Part 53: Plan of Attack
Part 54: Fool me once
Part 55: Choc Chip Panic-cakes
Part 56: The Answer
Part 57: Sticks and Stones
Part 58: Lack of Judgement
Bit of Fun
Part 59: Hi, You've Reached...
Part 60: Uhh yes?
Part 61: Flash Flash - 1
Part 62: Flash Flash - 2
Part 63: Ooh baby baby!
Part 64: Disco Dancing
Part 65: Complications
Teen Fiction #1
Part 66: If I Told You I Missed You
Part 67: Strings of my Heart
Part 68: All It Takes
Part 69: At Last
Epilogue
Q&A Part 1
Q&A part 2
The Fiction Awards
Sequel
ALL IT SEEMS
BLACK LIVES MATTER
Stop saying all lives matter

Part 7: Stanley, is that you?

261K 10.3K 1.8K
By shortycharlotte

Hello my lovelies! How is everyone? Sorry for the delay in writing; I got a bit preoccupied. Let me know what you think and don't forget to vote!! Xxx

I threw my keys onto the counter and put my bag on the stool under the bench. Mason walked straight to his room as I walked over to the couch and curled in a ball cautiously watching him as he opened his door.

I watched him as he shook off his leather jacket and pulled his dark khaki t-shirt over the top of his head.

His body flexed and I watched the muscles in his arms strain as he did so. For the first time, I noticed the black tattoo on his rib cage. The black ink stained his skin in beautifully cursive writing saying 'without those Sinners there would be no Saints' I tried to wrack my brain to think of what possible novel, movie, play, it could've come from but nothing came to mind. He looked up and I shot back behind the cover of the couch. He looked good. Really good. But I didn't want to give him the satisfaction of him knowing that.

He walked out in a tshirt and tracksuit pants, and plopped down on the couch next to me. His back was tense as he leaned his elbows on his knees.

"Mason?" I asked awkwardly in barely a whisper, pinching my lips between my fingers, unsure if I should continue on with my question.

"Yes, sweetheart?"

"Why were you so riled up before?" He sighed and ran his hand through his hair.

"I just got caught talking to someone I didn't want to talk to. That's all." He said, leaning back and draping his arm over the couch.

I stood up to walk to the kitchen and make some lunch. When I walked back with two sandwiches, he was still on the couch only now he was wearing glasses and looking through a stack of paper.

I handed it to him and he thanked me, balancing the plate on the arm of the couch before tidying up his papers and dropping them on the ground with a swish.

I chuckled at the sight of him in his square frames, he still looked badass just a little nerdier... but still mind numbingly gorgeous. Shut up Ashley.

"Shut up, I hardly ever wear them." He said, looking down embarrassed. I jumped off the couch and jogged to my room, returning with my rectangle frames. When they hit the light they had a slight purple tone to them, but other than that they looked black.

He laughed when he saw me, standing up and walking over to take them off with his left hand and removing his with his right. He switched them so we were wearing each other's and I felt dizzy when I put them on.

"Short distance," he said, looking ultimately girly in my glasses.

"I'm long distance, everything is so blurry!" I laughed, blinking rapidly at the illusion the glasses were making me see and he joined before taking his glasses back.

"Why don't you wear them?" I asked, gathering my notebook and pencil case before sitting on the floor beside the couch and working off the coffee table.

"Because your reaction is the same one I get every time someone sees." He whined causing me to chuckle and shake my head.
Tucking my knees under my chest I began to eat my sandwich, still thinking about his tattoo and whether I'd seen it before in a movie.

We ate in silence for a decent amount of time before he broke the awkwardness.

He mumbled something through a mouth full of food and I stared at him.

"What?" I asked, he didn't actually expect me to understand that did he?

"Distracting you, am I?" He asked with a smirk as I realised that I'd been staring at him holding half of my sandwich at my lips, distracted as he'd said.

"Don't flatter yourself." I said, putting my plate onto the table with my half eaten sandwich still sitting there.

I got up to use the loo and brush my hair. I thought about giving my dad a call to check on him. After mum left he'd been lonely but he still had me, only now he was completely alone in his big house. I should tell him to get a dog.

When I returned my sandwich was gone and so was the plate along with Mason.

"Mason?" I called looking around. I walked into the kitchen and there was Mason wearing rubber gloves washing the dishes. I let out a laugh and he turned to me, snapping one of the gloves up his arm and wiggling his eyebrows at me.

"Finally! I thought you were almost incapable of cleaning!" I exclaimed, padding up beside him to grab a tea towel.

"Hey, I know how to clean I just hate doing it." He said.

I scoffed.

"No, really?" I asked sarcastically and he frowned.
We worked quickly, not repeating the other days water shenanigans, before he went back into the living room and I was left in the kitchen to get a glass of water. Trying to calm my breathing which had accelerated in the silence.

Why am I having this kind of reaction to him? He's like Stanley from A Streetcar Named Desire - incredibly beautiful to look at but a jerk when he opens his mouth... okay maybe not to the extent of Stanley but he was close enough.

You'd think after the way I found out he treated girls and basically everyone around him I'd be disgusted... but there was a part of me that thinks this is all an act. That he's really a great person underneath.

God, now I'm thinking like it's my divine right to change him, make him respectable. Get a hold of yourself Ash.

Normally, I wouldn't find writing an essay too difficult but when there's a gorgeous boy who I am totally not attracted to nor interested in sitting behind me, it can be a little... distracting.

"Stop it would you." I groaned as he put his feet on my back, using me as a foot rest.

"But you're blocking the coffee table." He whined, bringing his feet to my shoulders.

"Why do you need to put your feet on the coffee table?"

"Because my legs are too long for the couch."

"So? Just hang them over the edge." I said, as though it was the most logical after thought.

"But then I can't write cause I'm at an angle."

"Whatever, just stop using my back as a footrest." I rolled my eyes and shoved his foot off my upper back by moving my shoulder sharply.

"But you're comfy." He countered.

We kept bickering back and forth and finally I huffed, standing up and gathering my things padding over to my room.

Now that I had peace and quiet and no feet resting on my back or pen flicking my head or whistling in my ear, I managed to get my essay done, but I still kept glancing at my closed door hoping it would open to Mason standing there in his glasses.

It was about 6 o'clock when I came out of my room. Luckily, all my teachers were kind enough to give me a timetable of all the assignments we would be doing, what texts we would need and what resources would be helpful so I was able to make sure I was staying up to date on my work. So that kept me preoccupied for a solid 4 hours.

I came out and walked straight to the kitchen to grab a coffee before walking out to put the news on Tv.
Mason had fallen asleep on the couch with his arms crossed and his glasses still on, his legs hanging off the end of the couch. A smile creeped onto my face and I wanted to slap myself.

My smile turned deadly as I thought of how vulnerable he was just lying there completely unaware of what was going on around him.

So, I turned the Tv on and switched it to a channel that was silent before turning the volume up full blast. I covered my ears and crouched behind the couch preparing to sprint to my room, before switching to the news.

The thud of Mason falling on the floor and the sound of him swearing as he looked around the living room for the remote was more entertaining than I thought it would be. When he finally had the sense to turn the Tv off at the standby button, I knew it was time for me to take off.

Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment my lovelies xxl

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

303K 4.9K 48
The typical love story. Bad Boy meets good girl, They fall in love. Blah Blah Blah... Boring and used so many times! But what if the popular Rich Gir...
860K 28.9K 34
"Your mouth may say you hate me," he whispered, "But your hands...they say otherwise." His eyebrows raised pointedly at my touch on his chest, face w...
26.8K 1.9K 94
"I look into his eyes and it's a never-ending sea of green that pulls me in. I can't find my way out, I'm lost in his eyes and it's the greatest feel...
Missing You By P.S.

Teen Fiction

20.4K 838 55
I've always been told that I'm intelligent. I'm not the type of girl they fall in love with, and for him, every girl does. How did I end up falling w...