hurt :: sasunaru

By glittervaults

It all started in middle school; the bullying that Naruto went through for no valid reason whatsoever. But de... More

prologue.
chapter one.
chapter two.
chapter three.
chapter five.
chapter six.
chapter seven.
chapter eight.
chapter nine.
chapter ten.
chapter eleven.
chapter twelve.
chapter thirteen.
chapter fourteen.
chapter fifteen.
chapter sixteen.
chapter seventeen.
chapter eighteen.
chapter nineteen.

chapter four.

10.5K 393 861
By glittervaults

Naruto's POV

It's been a couple days since my encounter with Sasuke in the bathroom. He hasn't even made eye contact with me since then. Oh god, was I too assertive?

"No you weren't too assertive."

Shit, I said that out loud?

"No you didn't say that out loud. I'm just a mind reader." Deidara said while flipping his hair and smirking.

Deidara and I were talking at my locker. It was almost time for class and I was getting my books.

"Be quiet. He hasn't even attempted anything. Should I be worried?" I said, shutting my locker.

"Tells me to be quiet then asks me a question right after, you're really something else," he mumbles to himself then sighs while shaking his head. "You didn't do anything wrong Naruto. Stop blaming yourself all the time."

"Maybe I should've just forgiven h--"

Deidara's groan interrupted my sentence. "If you forgave him that easily I would've bitch slapped you. I'm proud that you're finally starting to stand your ground instead of just taking it like you used t-- OH MY GOD ITACHI!"

Deidara jumped up and down then took a minute to calm down mumbling 'ok' to himself over and over. He started to fix his hair then he turned to me and asked "How do I look?"

I just gave him a thumbs up then he started to strut to him while screaming his name. He looked at him with a facial expression that screamed 'Help me, Jesus'. Poor thing.

I thought about what Deidara was about to say before his little outburst. He was right. If it were the old me, I would've just forgiven him to prevent causing trouble or being a burden. But now that I'm no longer weak, physically and mentally, it's time for me to finally wreak havoc to this aristocracy and stand up for myself and others.

Then, I heard the sound of the bell ringing through my ears. I started to walk to class.

Right when I was about to walk in, someone bumped in to me, making me drop all my books. I rolled my eyes and bent down to pick them up.

"S-Sorry!" I heard a high voice say. Then, I saw a pair of small hands trying to help me pick up my books. I looked up to see who it was.

"Hinata!" I exclaimed.

She looked up at me, turning redder than she was before. "H-Hello Naruto," she said with a shy smile.

She's so adorable!

"It's been so long!" I said, grinning and standing back up.

"Yeah, it has," she replied while getting back up and handing back my books.

Hinata was one of the only people that gave a fuck about me when I was getting bullied. Sure, we never really had a full on conversation before since she was an extremely shy girl, but the small gestures she always did really meant a lot. Like, asking if I was okay everyday or once and while, take care of my wounds.

"We've really got to catch up sometime. I'll talk to you later?"

Her face turned even redder, right when I thought it was impossible. She nodded and said "S-Sure! I-I'll see you later!" she said and ran off. I walked in to class right after.

The day dragged on and on. Lunch time eventually came and I went to sit at my usual seat until I was stopped by a hand on my shoulder. I narrowed my eyes and turned around to see Shikamaru.

"Hey Naruto. I have to talk to you about something, come with me," he stated.

I raised my eyebrow then followed him. Shikamaru and I have never talked before. So, it was weird that he asked to talk. He doesn't look like the type to fight either so I was really confused.

We went to the roof, which I wasn't expecting either.

"Oh my Zeus!"

Who the hell..

I saw a kid leaning on the ledge, sighing pretty dramatically. He had long brown hair and pale eyes and I immediately recognized him. Neji, Hinata's cousin.

I realized that this was probably the whole reason Shikamaru made me come up here.

He started to stand straight. "I am so depressed!" He said, dragging out the 'o' and placing a hand on his forehead, leaning back as if he were Juliet.

"What shall I do now?" He said putting his hand on his chin, rubbing his imaginary beard and looking up at the sky as if the answer was going to fall from the damn sky.

"Oh I know! Maybe I should end it! I can't take it anymore!" He continued while thrashing his arms in the air. He started to stand on the ledge. I rolled my eyes at how staged this looked.

Watch, Sasuke's going to pop up any m--

"Stop! Fellow child of god!"

See.

He stomped over to him, and pulled him off the ledge and Neji let himself fall back on the roof with his arms flailing everywhere. He looked at Sasuke and did a huge gasp while holding on to his chest.

"Sasuke Uchiha? What is the almighty Sasuke Uchiha doing here?!" Neji exclaimed.

Well, now we know who made the script.

"Because I have changed over the years and am a new and refined person!" He shouted, taking occasional glances at me.

..That wasn't his question, Sasuke.

"Oh Sasuke! My hero!" Neji exclaimed with the fakest smile ever.

Sasuke flashed a smile and a thumbs up at me, as if I were the camera and there was supposed to be a ding in the background. That was when I couldn't hold it in anymore and burst out laughing.

I started to clap, "Well, wasn't this entertaining." I looked over at Shikamaru and he just looked so disappointed that he knew these people.

Sasuke ran up to me and stopped in front of me with a hopeful look in his eyes, beaming at me. Which was weird, Sasuke Uchiha is never beaming.

"So, what did you think?" he said.

"I think you're a terrible actor."

His eyes widened, "You saw through it?"

I sighed. "Nice try. How about something a little more, I don't know, genuine next time?"

His expression went from a happy and proud one to a disappointed one. He looked like his pride was crushed and that made my heart break.

"Listen, if it makes you feel better, I hate you a lot less now." I said hoping to raise his spirits even by a little.

"I won't give up." He declared "I will earn your forgiveness even if it's the last thing I do."

I simply smiled at him then made my way to the exit and off the roof right when the bell rang.

Even when I'm supposed to hate him, he still makes my heart beat out my chest.

---------------------

AN; Vote, share and comment what you think!!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

21.3K 660 25
Naruto and Sasuke are high school students. Both of them liked each other but none of them were confident enough to confess. Everything was fine till...
549K 14.3K 42
Naruto just started at his new school to escape the bad history at his old one and instantly catches the eye of Sasuke. Although Naruto's eye has bee...
93.6K 2.6K 21
This happens in an alternative reality, where Naruto and Sasuke are highschoolers at Konoha Gakuen. Naruto has really bad grades and Iruka-sensei p...
166K 7K 51
Sasuke Uchiha has a speech impediment that has caused him to become selectively mute. Due to a job opportunity Sasuke and his family moved to this ne...