The Jewel Doesn't Matter [ML...

By pyramidnocleopatra

Note: This fic was written when I was about 12. As a result a lot of the writing is...less than great, there... More

Prologue
>>One<<
>>Two<<
>>Three<<
>>Four<<
>>Five<<
>>Six<<
>>Seven<<
>>Eight<<
>>Nine<<
>>Ten<<
>>Eleven<<
>>Twelve<<
>>Thirteen<<
>>Fourteen<<
>>Fifteen<<
>>Sixteen<<
>>Eighteen<<
>>Nineteen<<
>>Twenty<<
>>TwentyOne<<
>>TwentyTwo<<
>>TwentyThree<<
>>TwentyFour<<
>>TwentyFive<<
>>TwentySix<<
>>TwentySeven<<
>>TwentyEight<<
>>TwentyNine<<
>>Thirty<<
>>ThirtyOne<<
>>ThirtyTwo<<
>>ThirtyThree<<
Epilouge

>>Seventeen<<

7.2K 250 180
By pyramidnocleopatra

Legendary by Daya, I honestly looooove this song

Marinette's POV

Turns out I was right.

The whole ride home was filled of puns, and it was great!

I actually love puns! Especially ones that are related to a ladybug.

After about ten minutes, I was back in front of my parents' bakery.

"The ride was actually pretty fun Adrien, thanks!" I waved as I stepped out.

"Bye, Purrincess!" He threw another pun. I laughed at him and said, "Bye Kitty."

I closed the door and opened the door to the bakery, the bells jingling as I walked in. I was immediately engulfed by the smells of frosting and wheat.

The clock read 8:30 PM, half an hour before we close.

"Hey honey, can you help us with these last few orders?" My mom popped out from behind the counter with flour sprinkled over parts of her hair and face, including her apron.

"Sure mom," I laughed and put my book bag down behind the counter. "What do I need to do?" I put my hands on my hips. "Just help out with taking the orders and if we need your help in the kitchen we have a backup on speed dial. Now go!" She said quickly before going back to the kitchen, leaving a puff of flour behind her. I chuckled to myself and put on an extra apron.

"Hello, may I take your od- Chloe?" I was pretty surprised since she basically hated my guts.

"Yes, it's me. Most of the other bakeries were closed and my cookers were off early, I don't know why, so I came to this filthy place. Now take my order before I barf." She said while texting on her phone.

Actually, it was a status update.

I rolled my eyes and motioned for her to go on.

"Okay, I'll have a strawberry frosted cake with chocolate filling with the words Happy Birthday! written on it. Oh, and three strawberries on the top. That'll be it, and make it one of your priorities!" She flicked her hair and went to the side, letting the next customer up.

I wondered who's birthday it was but I paid no mind to it since it wasn't my business. 

Plus if I asked I'm sure she would go on a riot about how I'm "such a nosy little brat who has no life so I have to ask about another's."

Yeah, she really likes to say the same words over and over again.

I put her order on the line and took down the next one.

♦•♦•♦

Half an hour later, I was finally clean from the shower with nice fluffy pajamas on. (Such a lucky lil girl.)

I went to my little desk table and took out my sketchbook. The digital clock showed it was ten to nine thirty, so a took those ten to try and draw some type of outfit.

By the time I finished I ended up with a cat-like outfit.

The top was a crop top with a black leather jacket that had two pockets on either side (comes with the pocket fetish.) Then there was a belt with holes outlined in neon green with a cat shaped buckle. The pants were black with the right pocket having a paw print design, also in green. The bottom half of the left part of the jeans, detailed with little green patterns circling a little trail of more paw prints going up. Then for the hair, a cat ear headband with the fuzz.

I actually liked the idea of this one, so I planned on starting it tomorrow.

Boy did I have a hectic day.

♦•♦•♦

Chloe's POV

I left the bakery with the white box in my hands containing the cake.

I went inside my limo and told the driver to drive me to the grave.

He had a confused look on his face because he was only hired about a month ago but drove me anyway.

When I got there I told him he could leave if he wanted to and I gave him a five dollar tip.

"Thank you, miss." He nodded and drove away.

I sighed and zipped up the grey hoodie I had put on inside.

When I opened the gates they made a creaky noise.

I'd already walked in here a lot so going here at night didn't bother me one bit.

I pulled my hoodie over my head and walked the trail I knew inside and out to the grave I dreaded seeing.

Once I reached it, the flowers I'd left here a week ago were still fully healthy.

Daisies. Her favorite.

"Happy birthday mom," I sniffed. Out of my bag I took out a makeup wipe and put it over my face, remembering how much my mom hated makeup.

She said I was beautiful naturally.

Sadly though, I have had anxiety attacks before and using makeup made me feel better about myself.

No one ever knew about this other than my mom and dad.

Not even Sabrina.

Thankfully she didn't, because if she did, everyone would start attacking me about it and I would go right into it.

"I brought you your favorite. Chocolate fillings with strawberry frosting," I chocked out.

"I really wish you were here with me. I have no friends at all, and I don't think even Marinette will forgive me after what I did to her. I hope you're doing okay in heaven, I miss you so much!" I broke out into a sob right there. "I know you wont be able to eat the cake," I stopped because of the tears. "But I want you to know that I will never forget you, your birthday, our memories, none of it. I love you," I couldn't say anymore because I let the tears just keep on coming and coming. Thunder rolled above, but I didn't care.

The rain started pouring.

Again, I didn't care.

It may seem like I would, but really, I don't care at all.

In reality, I'm broken.

And I will never be glued back together.

♦•♦•♦

lmao I attacked you with the feels hA

REVENGE TO ALL THOSE AUTHORS OUT THERE GIVING ME FEELS

also there we have a bit of background on Chloe, since I felt we need things going deep.

This story is kind of slow right now, so excuse me for any time skips that might be included in the next few chapters.

Also be aware that none of this is edited, so if you see a mistake, feel free to correct it because I'm not a perfect author.

Watty awarded authors aren't either.

Thanks for all the comments and votes, 2K+ VOTES IN TOTAL OML YOU GUYS SPOIL ME TOO MUCH❤❤

So yeah have a good day/night where ever you are :)

Baiii

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

4.1K 156 18
"So, you- you've gotten your heart broken too..." Marinette. A normal 18 year old girl with a normal life- well it may seem normal but the mask of ha...
1.9K 83 21
This is a story about a girl. A girl who is Y/N, well you. You have lived in Paris for three years with your parents but that changed when your mom h...
262K 5.3K 43
"What's going on with you? You're never like this." Adrien looked up at her, hesitant to what he was about to say, "Can you keep a secret?" Marinet...
13K 975 14
----------------- Nino: do you know who you just kissed? Marinette: I'm s-sorry, I-I should leave The bluenette passed the blond and his bodyguards...