50 Shades Of Garfield (Andrew...

By TheToryJournal

Eighteen-year-old Claire Mitchell is a smart, affectionate high schooler. She earns a straight A average and... More

Author's Note (7ish Years Later)
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Epilogue

Chapter 5

23.5K 495 303
By TheToryJournal

-----

I updated, at least, and I wrote this chapter faster than I thought I would.

School is just the perfect time to write my stories. Apparently my brain hatches its ideas while I'm in Seminar...

I hope you like this chapter! The first part explains my everyday life. I switch roles of Claire and Andrew occasionally. One day I'm the dealer and the next I'm the person begging.

Enjoy!

-----

Chapter 5

One of the funniest things to witness in class is the kid that has no idea what we're learning about. Unfortunately, I can't enjoy it because the kid sits behind me.

"Claire, what the hell is the old hag talking about?"

I roll my eyes. "Maybe you'd know what she's talking about if you paid closer attention, Andrew."

"Touché," he whispers.

I smile, and thankfully he can't see it. I am twirling my pencil in my hands.

As Mrs. Whitley is talking and buzzing quickly through notes, I run my fingers to the zipper of the smallest pocket in my book bag. I grab what feels likes my gum pack and pull the second-to-last piece out.

Taking gum out during class is a difficult thing to do. All eyes go on you when they smell your gum, then they all trample you with, "Can I have a piece?" or "I'll be your new best friend," and we all know that's not true. Honestly, it like giving gum to someone is a drug deal. In this case, I'm the dealer and the begging people are the druggies.

To my surprise, nobody starts begging. Nobody saw me take out the "drugs" in my book bag. That means I get the last piece later today.

Andrew's hand appears at my side, and he opens his palm. "I saw that."

God, damn it!

"You aren't getting any," I say with a whisper.

I hear him sigh, but he keeps his hand on my armrest. "Please?"

"No," I say.

"Why not?"

"Andrew," Mrs. Whitley says, annoyed. "Is there something you want to share with us?"

"No, ma'am. Please continue teaching."

"Great," she smiles, fakely. "Then, shut up and write."

He nods, smiling. She continues teaching.

"Please?" Andrew whines again.

He's such a whiner. I slam my elbow into his hand, making a louder noise than I hoped. He pulls it back quickly. He's clutching his hands and shaking it at his side. "Jesus Christ, Claire."

Mrs. Whitley has had enough, I can tell by her irritated glare. Calmly, she walks over to the "Shooting Stars" bulletin board and removes a star from beside Andrew's name, but there was barely any there before.

"No!" Andrew yells like a child. The classroom erupts in laughter. "Now I don't get gum or candy?"

"You weren't going to get any of Claire's gum anyway." Mrs. Whitley smiles and shoots me a wink.

I turn around to face him. He doesn't look as mad as he sounds, and oddly, I didn't want him to be mad at me. He just stares at he bulletin board and ignores our classmates' laughter.

"Are you done disrupting class?"

"Sure," he replies.

And he is. The rest of Calculus he stays quiet, clutching his hands a couple times. Andrew is definitely the class clown, even if he isn't aware of it.

The bell rings, surprising Mrs. Whitley. "Homework's in your syllabus. Get it done. Andrew, may I see you for a moment."

"Ah, great," he complains, throwing his backpack over his shoulder. "Friday at three o'clock, correct?"

I put my book bag on my back, slowly creeping out the door with the crowd. "Claire," says Whitley before I get all the way out. "Can you see me, also?"

I hope I'm not in trouble. I've never been called to stay after class by a teacher, ever. If I'm in trouble, I won't be able to take it. Standing my Andrew, I say, "Is there a problem?"

"Claire," Whitley begins. "You are my best student and you are going to do well as you go further on in math."

If I go further on in math, I think. Who wants to continue with math if they don't have to?

"And Andrew," she says, sighing. "You have the ability of being a great student, if you actually put forth any effort." Andrew takes it as a compliment and raises his shoulders. "But, it would be amazing if you had someone tutor you for the rest of the semester. Would you be up for it, Claire?"

My tongue presses against the inside of my cheek. Andrew smirks and raises his eyebrows at me. "I guess I can tutor him."

Mrs. Whitley nods and rests her hand on my shoulder. "Andrew, I want you to focus more in class. It would help all of us if you do."

"I'll try," he answers, lingering away from her. He's eager to leave.

"And, stop purposely annoying Claire."

"I can't promise that." He smiles at me.

Mrs. Whitley nods again and she fills out passes to our next class on post-it notes. "You two are dismissed."

We leave her classroom when the tardy bell rings. The hallways are empty, except for a couple wandering teachers.

Andrew smirks down at me, pressing his lips together. "This is going to be fun, won't it, Claire bear?"

"Totally," I answer, unenthused. "Can't wait to teach you math and any other subject you suck at."

"Looks like you might have to clear your schedule, then." He laughs, looking down at the pass in his hands.

"So when do you want to start, pretty boy?" I joke, stopping at my locker, and he stops too, leaning against the one beside mine.

"Well," he begins. "You could come to my house after school today. We don't have practice since we had a game yesterday."

"That actually might work out," I say, putting my calculus book into my locker. "How am I getting there?"

Andrew smiles, evilly. "I'll drive you."

"Don't be getting any crazy ideas, now." I laugh, shutting my locker. Without noticing, I follow him to his.

"I have to pick Austin up from school, though, so you'll have to deal with him." Andrew rolls his eyes and groans. "He's a little shit."

"He seemed obedient at the game the other day." I respond, watching for teachers, even though he have passes. "At least, more obedient than you."

"He's definitely better than me, but I hate him. Most annoying thing in the world." Andrew shuts his locker and faces me. "Hollie's probably a lot better."

"Whatever. She's a totally different story."

Andrew smiles, looking down at the ground momentarily. "Anyway," he sighs, folding the pass in his hands. "As much as I hate school, we better get to class."

This is the class that he and I aren't in together. Seventh hour. "I guess so. What do you even have this hour?"

"I'm Smith's aide!" He must like being an aide. "Love that guy. What about you?"

"I'm library aide," I say, pointing in the opposite direction.

"Nerd," he replies, laughing afterwards. I shake my head and turn halfway around. "Meet me right here," Andrew instructs me and points at his spot. "After school."

"Sure thing."

We feel somewhat comfortable around each other, but there are still awkward, silent moments between us. Maybe silence is okay. We'll be talking enough later this afternoon.

"Oh, thanks for the gum, Claire bear." He adds after we split.

I stop right in front of the library doors and look back at him, but he doesn't look back. Thanks for the gum?

I unzip the smallest pocket of my book bag, where my gum is hidden, and I pull out the pack. Sure enough, he took my very last piece that I was going to chew this hour. My jaw drops and I stare at the useless package. Andrew also left his gum wrapper for me to throw away.

I can't believe he took my gum. Actually, I can.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

255K 6.8K 22
---- "I like you Jisung. That's why I didn't tell you the truth." Your eyes still glued to the floor. "You-you like me?" He glances up at you with a...
40.1K 468 20
your a very successful youtuber who has over one million subscribers.One day your old friend and fellow youtuber loserfruit invites you to stay at th...
17.6K 287 15
"I can see him staring, like he's just his understudy, like he'd get his knuckles bloody for me." I whispered to Libby. "He probably would. Grayson...
4.6K 242 47
Fresh out of her senior year of high school, Alivia Newman gets a call from her agent telling her she landed a role in the touring cast of Newsies on...