Even in Twenty Years (ON HOLD)

By Anahihey

**STORY ON HOLD.** Five best friends. Four guys. Three secrets. Two that have feelings for each other. And on... More

Description
Chapter 1 - Roxy
Chapter 2 - Ryan
Chapter 3 - Roxy
Chapter 4 - Ryan
Chapter 5 - Roxy
Chapter 6 - Ryan
Chapter 7 - Roxy
Chapter 8 - Ryan
Chapter 9 - Roxy
Chapter 10 - Ryan
Chapter 11 - Roxy
Chapter 12 - Ryan
Chapter 13 - Roxy
Chapter 14 - Ryan
Chapter 15 - Roxy
Chapter 16 - Ryan
Chapter 17 - Roxy
Chapter 18 - Ryan
Chapter 19 - Roxy
Chapter 21 - Roxy
Chapter 22 - Ryan
Chapter 23 - Roxy
Chapter 24 - Ryan
Chapter 25 - Roxy
Chapter 26 - Ryan
Chapter 27 - Roxy
Chapter 28 - Ryan
Chapter 29 - Roxy
Chapter 30 - Ryan
Chapter 31 - Roxy
Chapter 32 - Ryan
Chapter 33 - Roxy
Chapter 34 - Ryan
Chapter 35 - Roxy
Chapter 36 - Ryan
Chapter 37 - Roxy
Chapter 38 - Ryan
Chapter 39 - Roxy
Chapter 40 - Ryan
Chapter 41 - Roxy
Chapter 42 - Ryan

Chapter 20 - Ryan

61 3 0
By Anahihey

"Hurry, we're supposed to be getting ready for the party," I called to my right, as I stood in front of my closet, rummaging through my clothes.

"Yeah, yeah," he said, standing from my bed. "So Valentine's day is this Sunday," he started.

"Listen, Garrett, if that's your way of asking me out on a date..." I turned to my left after he walked over.

He laughed. "In your dreams, Lexington. But seriously, any plans?"

"What do you mean?" I asked, as I continued to look for some clothes.

He coughed. "Roxy."

I grabbed a plain black long-sleeved shirt and turned to see his face.

"What about her?"

"Why don't you ask her to be your Valentine? Or ask her out on a date?"

Now it was my turn to laugh. "You're kidding, right?" I removed my current white shirt I wore and put the black one on.

"You know I'm not. Just ask. Be all like 'hey, Roxy, be my Valentine this year.' Simple as that." He started looking through my closet. "You said I can borrow some clothes, right?"

"Yup." I walked over to my dresser and grabbed a pair of socks. "Hey, toss me a denim pair of jeans."

"Yeah." He grabbed a pair and tossed them over to me.

I caught them in my hand and quickly took off my black jeans to put on the denim pair. I grabbed the socks and sat on my bed. I put them on and put on my black Vans.

"Ima borrow this shirt." He held up a charcoal-colored shirt. "And this jacket." He grabbed my black leather jacket.

"Go for it."

He removed his black shirt then put on the shirt and jacket.

We both walked over to my dresser, grabbed a bottle of cologne, and put some on.

"Ready, Garrett?"

"Yeah." He turned off the light.

"I need it to get my phone and keys."

He turned it back on.

I grabbed my phone and wallet then stuffed them into my pockets. Grabbing my keys, I turned the light off.

Garrett and I made our way down the stairs.

"My truck or your car?" I asked, stepping outside.

"Your truck. I don't feel like driving tonight."

I nodded my head. "Alright. Well, let's hurry so we can pick up Carter."

I unlocked the truck with my keys, and we hopped in. We both put on our seat belts, and I pulled out of the driveway.

"You're not gonna ask Roxy, huh?"

Focusing on the road, no words were spoken. He knew the answer already.

"I'll take that as a 'no.' So you won't mind, if I ask her on a date?"

I turned to look at him for a brief moment. He had a cheeky smile. Rolling my eyes, I focused on the road once again.

"Alright. You got me. I'm not going to ask her. But for a guy who says he's into a girl, you don't really get jealous."

Jealousy wasn't out of the question. Seeing other guys talk to her sometimes got me riled up.

"It's different. I know you don't like her in that way."

"How do you know for sure?"

"Garrett."

He laughed. "You're right. Roxy is awesome but not for me. She's great and all but no. I've known her forever. I've watched her grow. I don't see her in that way." He paused. "The times I joke about wanting to marry her...they're just jokes."

I knew they were.

"It's just that her cooking and baking skills are awesome. Seriously, pancakes!" He stopped, probably picturing the pancakes. "Okay, now I know that what I'm about to say will only contradict myself, but seriously, if you don't marry her, I will. I'm not letting some stranger have her famous pancakes. If you get with her, I know I'll always have pancakes, since I'll always be your friend. Pancakes for Garrett. Forever!" he mumbled the last part to himself, but I heard it. I heard it all.

"You know, Garrett, I seriously worry about you sometimes."

"Calm down. You and I both know those pancakes are to die for."

He had a point.

"Alright." I parked in front of Carter's house, when we arrived.

I honked the horn a few times, and Garrett texted Carter.

"Did he reply?" I asked.

"Not yet. Oh, wait. He's right there on the porch." Garrett pointed to our right.

Carter stood on the porch, pointing at a guy that was much shorter than him. It was hard to make out what was going on, considering it was already dark out and the only light on the porch was the light by the door.

"He's coming."

Carter made his way down the porch and driveway.

"Hey," he spoke, once he got in the backseat, putting on his seat belt.

"What was that about? Who is that guy, anyway?" I questioned, driving off.

"Some punk kid who thinks he can date my sister," he spoke through gritted teeth.

"Mags or Jays?" Garrett asked.

"Maggie," he mumbled.

"Your sisters are fourteen. They're eighth graders in middle school."

"I know. The little punk asked my parents. They thought it was really nice, so they gave her permission. She's going out tonight."

"So what were you saying to him?" I asked.

"To keep his hands to himself."

"That's all you said?"

"No. I also threatened the kid."

We couldn't blame him. If I had a younger sister, I would do the same.

"We're gonna meet Finn and Roxy at the party, right?" I asked, not so sure.

"Yeah. Just drive to Rogelio's house," Garrett spoke. "Carter, just let it go. I get it. Maggie is young. Jaylene too. They both are. But they are growing up, whether you like it not. You knew this was going to happen eventually."

"I didn't think it'd be so soon," he grunted. "I thought they would date when they were at least eighteen."

I laughed a little.

"I know. Just enjoy yourself. It's Friday night, we're going to a party. We haven't been to one in a while. Just enjoy yourself," Garrett explained. "Listen, if Maggie sheds at least one tear, we'll all make sure to teach that kid a lesson."

I chuckled.

####

"Hey." She placed her hands on my chest. "Wanna dance?" she asked, biting back a smile.

I smiled. "Sorry, but no."

"Aww...why not?"

"I came here with my girlfriend." I slowly removed her hands away from my chest.

"I don't see her. She won't mind." She smirked.

"Ryan." Roxy walked over to me. She was wearing denim jeans, and a teal and black flannel, with the buttons undone, revealing a black tank top shirt.

This was the first time I had seen her since the guys and I arrived.

I draped my arm over her shoulders and brought her close to me.

"Sorry. We have to go," I told the girl.

She frowned but walked away.

I walked away with Roxy under my arm.

When we walked over to the hallway, I removed my arm away from her.

"Sorry," I said.

"Everything good?"

She leaned her back against the wall and looked up at me.

"That girl wanted to dance with me, but I didn't want to. I made up the lie that I was here with you, 'my girlfriend.'"

She nodded her head, eyes traveling over my shoulder. Immediately, Roxy wrapped her arms loosely around my neck, pulling me close to her.

I was taken back, not knowing what she was doing.

"The girl is watching us," she whispered. "If you want her to believe what you said you might want to—"

I wrapped my arms around her waist, holding her in my arms and gently pulling her close to me, hugging her.

This was a different type of hug. The usual hugs we gave each other were friendly because we're friends so they're rather quick. This hug seemed to last a while. It was much better. She had her arms loosely wrapped around my neck, while my arms were wrapped around her waist. I held her close to me, just how a boyfriend would. Well, for the time being, I was her pretend boyfriend. Might as well enjoy the moment.

"She's still looking." Roxy pulled away a bit, just enough to see my face. Her green eyes meeting mine.

"She is?" I asked. I had forgotten.

She nodded, her face a few inches away from me.

"Just pretend we're talking about things." She chuckled. "Well, we are, but you know what I mean." She smiled. That beautiful smile of hers.

She was still in my arms and so close to me. Our bodies were pressed against each other's. I literally had to fight the urge to kiss her. I wanted to, so desperately.

My eyes looked down to her lips. But I couldn't ruin it like that. One kiss and our friendship would be over. Nothing would be the same.

I was always caught between the two. Confess my feelings and express them only to ruin our friendship or keep quiet and make myself miserable.

I didn't want to lose her, so I always chose the latter.

"Alright. She left elsewhere," she said, slowly removing her arms and stepping away a bit.

I nodded.

"Hey, if you don't want to dance with that girl, care to dance with me?" She smiled.

"Of course."

"Come on." She grabbed my hand in hers and led the way.

We walked over to the living room where people were dancing. It usually wasn't crowed but somehow it was tonight.

We kept getting bumped into as we danced. Someone bumped into Roxy, causing her to be pushed into me. She gasped and held onto my arms.

"It's alright. I've got you," I whispered, wrapping my arms around her waist.

She nodded and loosely wrapped her arms around my neck. We continued dancing like that.

"Let's get water?"

I nodded.

We pulled away and walked over to the kitchen. I grabbed us both some water bottles and handed one to Roxy. She thanked me and drank from the bottle. Once she placed the cap on the bottle, she took off her flannel and tied it around her hips, fanning herself with her hand.

"It's hot." I pinched the front of my shirt and moved it back and forth, airing myself out.

She nodded, taking another drink of her bottled water.

"Hey." We heard.

Roxy turned around, coming face to face with a guy. He was around Finn's height. He wore grey jeans and a burgundy shirt.

"Wanna dance?" He smiled.

"No. This is my boyfriend." Her thumb pointed back towards me.

He nodded and walked away.

Roxy turned to face me again.

"We sure have been dating a lot lately." I chuckled.

She chuckled too.

We should have honestly made it a reality.

"Come on, let's go dance again." She pulled me by my hand and led the way.

####

It was already getting close to midnight. Some of us needed to be home. Roxy and I looked around for the guys. We knew Finn was with Grace because he had invited her to the party. Garrett was probably outback, eating some burgers or something. Carter was...I'm not sure.

We found Finn and Grace, sitting on a couple of chairs outside.

"Hey, Finn, it's getting pretty late," I said slowly walking over to them.

He stood and walked over to me.

"Hey, Ryan, can you give Roxy a ride home?"

I nodded. "Staying a bit longer?"

"Yeah."

"No problem. I'll take her home. We'll see you later."

He nodded and walked back to Grace.

Roxy and I waved, walking back inside.

"Hey, did you see Garrett anywhere? His phone is dead," I called back.

"In the front with some girl!" he called.

I nodded.

"I can't believe Garrett is cheating on me," Roxy joked.

I turned to look at her. She was smiling.

"Hey, Rogelio, sweet party. Thanks for the invite, man." I stopped him as he walked by.

"Yeah, yeah. No problem." He nodded. "This is Marley, by the way."

"Hey, I'm Ryan." I gave her a small nod.

"And Roxy," she said.

Marley had a small smile.

"Well, I'll see you around. Someone was looking for me."

I nodded, letting him go on his way.

"Hey, are we leaving?" Carter walked out of the kitchen.

"Yeah. We're looking for Garrett and Finn is staying. Where were you?"

"Hanging with a girl. She was pretty cute."

"Get her number?"

"Hell yeah." He fist bumped my fist.

"That's what I'm talking about."

Roxy cleared her throat.

"Yeah, let's find Garrett."

We walked outside to the front and noticed Garrett. He was sitting on the porch, beside a girl.

"Gare Bear."

His head immediately turned around. "We're leaving?"

I nodded.

"Alright, well I have to go." Garrett turned to the girl and stood.

The girl nodded. "See you around."

The four of us walked down the grass and onto the sidewalk, walking to my truck.

"Who was that girl?" Carter asked.

"Just some girl. I met her at the party. We just started talking," he mentioned.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Riptide By V

Teen Fiction

316K 8.1K 114
In which Delphi Reynolds, daughter of Ryan Reynolds, decides to start acting again. ACHEIVEMENTS: #2- Walker (1000+ stories) #1- Scobell (53 stories)...
14.6K 607 35
„You are the reason why I'm here today." _-_-_-_-_ After the truth about the relationship between Max Verstappen and Kelly Piquet came out, his world...
4M 87.4K 62
•[COMPLETED]• Book-1 of Costello series. Valentina is a free spirited bubbly girl who can sometimes be very annoyingly kind and sometimes just.. anno...
136K 1.8K 55
Well i mean its just imagines of walker sooooo Also request are open so if you want one just let me know!