Doll - Winter Soldier Fanfic

By etherella

"Buck." You stopped him. He looked at you from across the room. He took his hand off the door knob and faced... More

One
Two
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Nine
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Fifteen
Sixteen
Seventeen
Eighteen
Nineteen
Twenty
Twenty One
Twenty Two
Twenty Three
Twenty Four
Twenty Five
Twenty Six
Twenty Seven
Twenty Eight
Twenty Nine
Thirty
Thirty One
Thirty Two
Thirty Three
Thirty Four
Thirty Five
Thirty Six
Thirty Seven
Thirty Eight
Thirty Nine
Thirty Nine - 2
Forty
Forty One
Forty Two
Forty Three
Forty Four
Forty Five
QUESTION
OMGG
1 MILLION?!?

Three

58.8K 1.6K 3.6K
By etherella

"Steve?" You asked in response.

"Yeah. I um. I know you're having a hard time right now but I have a question. How do you know if a person has been brainwashed? Like really know."

You sniffled and dried your tears. "Well it's kinda hard unless you really know the person. If they're a good person and they're doing something well..not so good that can be a sign. But there isn't really any physical evidence."

He was silent for a second.

"Steve. What are you really doing?" You asked not being able to keep your curiosity at bay anymore.

"Something dangerous. Look I should go but I may call you again if you dont mind."

"No, I don't mind at all."

"Great. Goodnight."

"Goodnight Captain Rogers." You hung up the phone and placed it on the nightstand.

It was now nearly 3am and you couldn't sleep.

You walked into the living room and cut on the tv.

You flipped through the channels before deciding on a documentary that would hopefully bore you to sleep.

Hours later you awoke to loud knocking on your door.

Sitting up on the couch you rubbed the sleep out of your eyes.

You let out a yawn and went to answer the door.

It was Damien.

He had a busted lip, tired eyes and his arm in a sling.

"Oh God." You gently pulled Damien into the apartment.

"Hey babe." He said with a forced smile.

"Are you okay?" You nervously asked.

He shrugged. "I will be."

"Did you guys find out who did this?"

"I'm not at liberty to say."

"Damien. We could've died. I think deserve to know something."

He shook his head,"Besides. You were safe. Rogers had a death grip on you."

You folded your arms,"You can't seriously be jealous right now."

He silently shrugged.

"He saved my life Damien. If it wasn't for him I could be dead." You narrowed your eyes at him.

"Yeah yeah."

You clenched your jaw and looked away.

Damien could really be a jerk sometimes. He also wasn't the best at controlling his anger. He would often lash out and say hurtful things so you bit your tongue to avoid that side of him.

You looked back at him to find him already staring at you.

It made you kinda uncomfortable.

You fidgeted,"What?"

He looked you over. "Nothing."

His phone rang and he answered.

You tried your best not to listen in on his call.

He stood up from the kitchen bar stool and looked back to you before putting the phone in his pocket.

"I have to go. We need to find the people who did this...well whoever's left anyway." He walked to the door and opened it and without a goodbye he left.

These last few months everything with Damien has been different. He's been more hostile and distant.

Working at S.H.I.E.L.D couldn't be an easy job but it just seemed to get harder for him.

You looked at the clock in the kitchen it read 9:49am.

You hadn't slept much or well for that matter so, you laid back on the couch and took another nap.
----------

Two hours later you got up and forced yourself to eat something.

Since it was Sunday there was nothing really for you to do.

You went to your room and grabbed your laptop, you looked up mind control and hypnosis looking for any new studies and information that could help Steve.

Mind control is a tricky subject but Steve was in too deep, and it wouldn't be right to deny Captain America of your services.

You read about 12 articles before looking at the clock, it was well after 6pm.

You quickly got dressed and headed out the door for some food.

You entered the Chinese restaurant a block up the street from you.

As you sat waiting for your food, a man walked in.

He was tall and had shoulder length brown hair and scruffy facial hair.

The man had broad shoulders which in addition to his height and his natural glare made him look incredibly intimidating.

He looked in your direction and you nervously looked away and continued waiting for your food.

"That's a nice song you're humming." A voice said.

Your head shot up.

It was that big broad man.

You smiled up at him,"Thanks. I um didn't know I was humming actually. I do it absentmindedly sometimes. My boyfriend hates it."

His face fell so faintly it was almost impossible to detect.

You gave him another smile,"Would you like to sit?"

He looked nervous,"I...I don't know."

"C'mon." You kindly insisted. "Besides, this is the only table in here. You surely don't want to stand this whole time."

"I don't mind standing." He added nonchalantly.

You shrugged finally giving up,"Okie dokie."

He fought a laugh,"Okie dokie? What are you like 5 years old?"

Your eyes widened as a smile danced on your lips. "What? A grown woman can't say okie dokie?"

He gave a light almost inaudible laugh. It was almost like he was robotic.

"You can say whatever you want doll."

Your face became flushed and you looked away.

A second later the cashier called your order and you grabbed your food.

Turning back to the man you smiled,"Well. It was nice meeting you. Enjoy your food." You paused, enjoy your food? Really? Ugh. "I uh. Guess I'll see you around."

You anxiously rushed out of the restaurant and began your trek back home.

After a few feet you felt someone breathing down your neck.

"Gimme your purse bitch." A shrill voice demanded.

You were never good under pressure so you froze in your tracks unsure what to do.

"I SAID GIVE ME YOUR PURSE!" He said louder this time and gripped your arm violently.

"Ow!"

"Hey!" A voice shouted from behind. "Let her go."

The breathing on your neck stopped as the thief turned around to get a look at your hero.

You pulled yourself away and faced the man as well.

It was Mr.Big and Broad coming to save the day.

He was standing somewhat in the shadows.

"Are you okay?" He asked you.

You silently nodded still in fear.

The thief looked at me,"Do you know him?!"

"Yeah!" You nervously shouted,"He'll kick your ass." You added still visibly shaking.

He laughed and turned back to the man from the restaurant,"Yeah right."

He grabbed your arm again.

The man stepped out of the shadows,"I said let her go." He said in a firm angry tone.

The thief's eyes widened as if he recognized the man. He quickly let go and ran off as fast as he could in the other direction.

The man took a few steps towards you as you calmed yourself down.

"He didn't hurt you did he?" He asked in a concerned tone.

"Not physically." You breathed out.

"Hey," he began in a sweet voice. "Let me take you home."

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.6M 19.3K 180
‼️The story is in 2 parts, Enjoy!! Self-insert‼️ You are a former Black Widow who has been in hiding for years. You have made amends and have dealt w...
91.1K 3K 26
"I kneel into a dream where I am good and loved. I am loved. My hands have made some good mistakes. They can always make better ones." - Natalie Wee ...
10.7K 268 30
"You did not look so bad yourself for being so old," I teased. We were now merely inches apart. He laughed at my comment and placed his hands on eith...
79K 2.4K 22
You wake up after the Blip with no memories of your old life and strange powers you can't understand. The Avengers took you in to their new team but...