Hiraeth //S.S.// ➸ Book 2

By briboo4142

Hiraeth: (n) a homesickness for a home you can't return to, or that never was. I miss the old Beacon Hills... More

17 Again
Miguel is Back
Freshmen Star
New Beta
Kayla
Professional Assassins
No More Death
36 Million
Scott's Horrible Plan
Meredith?
Is It Really Over?
Back To Mexico
Goodbye Derek
A Familiar Face
Untrustworthy
A New Kanima
Masked Men
A Secret Death
Bad Memories
The Hard Truth
Just Trust Him
Aubrey Q&A Answers
Heartache
Beyond The Veil
I Won't Give Up
Reunited
Saviors and Betrayal
The Plan
Failure Is Not An Option
The Beast Is Reveled
A New Found Trust
She Saved My Life
Memory Fade
A/N
New Faces
Thunder and Lightning
I Promise
Ghost Town
Redemption
M.Stilinski
Flashbacks
Reunited
Starstruck
A Perfect World
No Escape
Silver Lining
Into The Woods
Peace and War
A Day Full Of Lies
Zoo Shenanigans
Familiar Faces
Two Halves Equal A Whole
Blindness
Sacrifice
It's Been A Glorious Ride
Epilogue
Movie!??
WIP

The Beast Of Gevaundan

845 25 21
By briboo4142

"Can I ride a camel?" I asked as Stiles opened up the hood of his jeep. He chuckled, shaking his head. "No Aubrey, we can't ride camels, maybe another time." He opened his tool box.

I sighed, sitting on the bench. "Do you really think Theo knows all about this thing?" I asked as Stiles shrugged. "Knowing him, he's probably lying but there's a small chance he could be telling the truth. I mean he was all buddy-buddy with these guys."

"Yea." I mumbled, standing up. "I'm gonna go check on Scott." He nodded as I opened the door, walking back into the house. "Let me do something." I heard Liam's voice echo. "Just tell me what I can do."

"Don't do anything." Scott stated, walking past me. I sighed, walking into the living room as Liam glanced down at his feet.

"Hey." I said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry, he'll come around." Liam groaned, leaning against the wall. "And what if he doesn't? What if he never forgives me."

"This is Scott we're talking about here. He will forgive you, your his only Beta and he'll realize that he needs you." Liam nodded, giving me a quick hug. "Thank you."

I smiled as he ran out the door. Just as I was about to enter the garage, my phone started ringing from my pocket.

"Hello." I answered into the phone.

"Aubrey." Theo's voice said through the speaker. "I need your help."

"If this has anything to do with my bro-" "I need your helping tracking the Chimera."

"You found it?" I asked as he sighed. "I think so."

I sighed, slipping on my shoes. "You know, i'm supposed to be leaving."

"For where?"

"Uh, I was going to help my mom with something at the hospital but I guess I can cancel." Theo couldn't know that Scott was rallying the old pack up, he'd be furious.

"Alright, meet me at the school."

"Will do." I replied, hanging up the phone.

I walked into the garage as Stiles and Scott got into the jeep. "Great Aubrey let's go." Stiles said as he got into the drivers seat. "You guys go ahead." I said as Stiles stopped. "I'm going to stay here."

"How come? I thought you were going to come with us?" He asked, opening the door and walking over to me. I shook my head. "I think i'm just going to catch up on my school work, possibly figure out what Theo is planning.

Stiles sighed, nodding. "Okay fine. But please be careful." He gave me a quick peck on the lips before heading back into the jeep. "You know I always am." I smiled as the driveway door opened.

"Be safe." I said, glancing between Stiles and Scott before they took off down the road.

"Did you see it?" I questioned, joining Theo in between the buses. He shook his head. "It was too fast."

"But it's here?" He nodded. "Yeah, So keep your distance. We're not trying to catch it. Not yet." He muttered, glancing up.

A loud growl echoed throughout the air as he glanced back at me. We ran into the school, walking aimlessly around the hallways. Suddenly, Theo stopped, flashing his yellow eyes. I quickly flashed my gray ones, looking in the same spot.

'Damatio Memoriae'

"The same message from the underground pipes." I muttered as he nodded. "What are they trying to tell it?"

"Trying to get it to remember who it was." Theo mumbled as I crossed my arms. "But isn't it just a teenager like us? Isn't it just a kid underneath?' I questioned as he shrugged.

"They don't care about that. The Doctors, they needed a body because they couldn't resurrect the Beast out of thin air. That kid underneath, whoever it is, just a side effect. All the Doctors care about is the Beast."

"So what happens if it does remember." I asked as he shrugged. "I'm not sure. The thing probably doesn't even know it turns back to human during the day."

"Do they really call this thing the beast?"

Theo nodded. "Short of the Beast of Gevaundan."

My eyes widened, that name, i've heard it somewhere.

*Flashback*

"The what of who?" Lydia ate a cube of god knows what as Allison buried her head into a book.

"The Beast Of Gevaudan." Allison was telling us about something her aunt showed her last night. Apparently this Beast had something to do with her family.

"Listen. A quadruped wolf- like monster, prowling the Auvergne and south Dordogne areas of France during the year 1764 to 1767. La Bete killed over a hundred people, becoming so infamous that the King Louie the 15th sent on of his best hunters to try and kill it."

Lydia rolled her eyes. "Boring."

I ignored her, continuing to listen to Allison. With all the weird stuff happening in Beacon Hills, who knows, this might come in handy. "Even the church eventually declared the monster a messenger of Satan."

"Still boring."

Allison rolled her eyes, continuing. "Cryptozoologists believe it may have been a subspecies of hoofed predator, possibly a mesonychid."

"Slipping in a coma bored."

"While others believe it was a powerful sorcerer who could shape- shift into a man- eating monster."

"Any of this have anything to do with your family?" For once she didn't say boring, a new record.

"This. It is believed that la Bete was finally trapped and killed by a renown hunter who claimed his wife and four children were the first to fall prey to the creature. His name was Argent."

Lydia rolled his eyes, still unamused. "Your ancestors killed a big wolf. So what?"

"Not just a big wolf. Take a look at this picture." She showed us the picture.

*Flashback over*

The picture was clear as day in my mind. The picture Allison had shown me that day, looked exactly like what we were dealing with.

I gulped, shaking my head. "I read that the Beast of Gevaudan killed over 100 people. Is that true?" Theo shook his head. "No. The Doctors told me it was close to 500."

A familiar high-pitched sound erupted into the air. They were here. I narrowed my eyes, walking down the hallway. As I got to the end of the hallway, everything went quiet...too quiet.

Suddenly a Doctor appeared directly in front of me. I swung my air back, hitting it across the face. It turned around, smacking me in one quick motion as I went flying through the air, landing against the lockers. "Ugh." I muttered as the other two appeared.

"Leave." They said facing Theo. "Where is it?"

"You already have your pack." Theo shook his head. "It wasn't enough. Look at my eyes. They look red to you? I'm not an Alpha. I'm not even a real werewolf." He muttered as footsteps thudded against the floor, causing it to shake.

Someone walked out from behind the corner as my eyes widened. The Beast of Gevaudan walked towards us. The picture was nothing compared to what was in front of me.

It had to have been 12 feet tall. A smokey black aura covered the creature as it's piercing bluish/white eyes stared Theo and I down. The Beast stopped behind the doctors, letting out a loud growl.

I covered my eyes, squeezing my eyes shut as the growl echoed throughout my head. The lockers shook behind me as the growl continued.

Suddenly, it stopped. I snapped my eyes open, The doctors and the Beast were gone. I quickly stood up, "Let's get out of here." Theo muttered, grabbing my shoulders as I backed up. I slightly nodded, following him out of the school.

When it becomes your second time experiencing something life-threatening in the same place, you start to expect something bad to happen at any given moment. When it becomes 3 times, you experience paranoia, like something is watching you, waiting to strike. The forth time, becomes like a reoccurring nightmare. That's how I felt about Beacon Hills High School. First getting trapped with the Alpha, then Donovan's death, then Scott and I dying, and now seeing the Beast.

As I took my seat in algebra, my heart pounded as I watched the teacher hand out the papers. "Has anyone seen Stiles or Scott McCall?" She asked as she handed me my paper. "Can't be the only one who thinks it's slightly coincidental they're both sick on the same day?"

She sighed as everyone stayed quiet. "And Lydia Martin wasn't in class today either."

"She won't be in for a while." Theo said as everyone turned towards him. "Medical issues."

After school had ended, I'd decided to pay Deaton a visit. Maybe he had some sort of clue about this whole Beast and how to stop it. "Deaton?" I questioned, walking into the clinic.

I heard ruffling of papers as I walked closer to his office. "Ugh." A voice sighed as I peered through the door. Malia was looking inside the filing cabinet, shuffling through the papers inside of it.

"Malia?" I questioned as I opened the door. She whipped around, sighing. "Aubrey, what are you doing here?"

"I could ask you the same thing." I said crossing my arms. "But i'm looking for Deaton."

"He's not here." She stated blankly, shutting the cabinet. "I can see that." I chuckled as she sighed, grabbing her jacket off the chair. "I'll see you later." She muttered, opening the door.

"Malia wai-" She shut the door behind her as I sighed. Something was definitely going on with her. I bent down, picking up the papers all over the floor, placing them in the cabinet.

"Do you know what she was looking for?" A voice said from behind me, causing met to jump.

"You just love appearing out of nowhere don't you." I sighed as Theo came into view. "She's looking for her mom." He snickered as I nodded. "Yeah, the desert wolf. But what does that have to do with Deaton?"

"Notice how Deaton hasn't been around in the past couple of weeks." He stated, leaning against the wall. "Desert wolf's got him."

I furrowed my eyebrows, shoving the last piece of paper in the cabinet. "Why would she need Deaton?"

"Revenge on Malia I guess." He shrugged as I shut the light off, walking out of the room. "Revenge for what though, being alive?"

He nodded. "Possibly, but what she doesn't know, is that it's easier to find her than she thinks." He chuckled. Suddenly, he was thrown into the wall, as I was thrown to the side.

"What do you know?" I heard Malia growl. Looking up, I saw her pinning Theo against the wall. He snickered. "Calm down Sweet Cheeks."

"I should kill you." She narrowed her eyes at Theo as he laughed. "Yeah, but you won't. You like me too much." Malia threw him onto the floor, stepping on his arm. Theo winced as his arm turned a different way. "Wow, the first one to break a bone."

He stood up, popping his arm back into place. As Malia ran towards him, he held his hand out. "Look, I can help you find them." He said, causing her to stop. "Deaton and The Desert Wolf."

"How?" She glared at him as he smirked. "The Dread Doctors. I know how they found everyone."

"We'll meet up soon." Malia grunted as she walked out of the office.

"Feisty one, isn't she?" Theo commented as I stood up. "You think?"

"What's the next step to killing this Beast?" I asked, getting into my car as Theo got into the passengers seat. "Any other clues?"

"Right now, nothing specific, but I might have a clue on someone who can help us."

"Who?"

"A blind Alpha." He chuckled. "But where are we going to get one of those?"

I bit my lip as I pulled up to his house. "I'll see you tomorrow." He nodded, getting out of the car.

I drove down the road as quickly as I could, parking in front of my house. As I got out of the car, another car pulled up behind mine. Mason and Liam stepped out of the car, panting. "What's wrong?"

"Theo, Alpha, Blind." Liam panted as my eyes widened. I quickly ran into the house, up the stairs. Opening Scott's door, I couldn't help but smile. Kira was by his side as he slept. "Kira." I mumbled as she looked up, flashing me a smile.

"Aubrey." She said, getting up, walking over to me. I gave her a quick hug before walking over to Scott, lightly shaking his shoulder. "Scott. Wake up." I whispered as he slowly opened his eyes. "Hey." He muttered before sitting up.

"What's wrong?" He said as he faced Liam and Mason. "We know what Theo's doing." Mason said as Liam nodded. 'He's looking for an Alpha. A blind Alpha."

He glanced at me as I nodded. "He's looking for Deucalion."

To make up for all the updates i've missed, here's a double update :D
WordCount: 2170

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 52.2K 98
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
22.4K 595 11
your basic unrequited love story; until one day that love becomes not so one-sided (female oc x remus lupin) [unsent letters]
27.4K 782 13
Sonnet Javert was as poetic as her name suggested, and her violet eyes watched the world with the most curious and innocent gaze. But inside her deli...
256K 7.6K 38
con·trol kənˈtrōl noun 1. the restriction of an activity, tendency, or phenomenon 2. something Elise McCall is losing [SEASON THREE A & B] [BOOK TWO...