Boarding School For Wolves

By 8o8_iNSANiTY

More

Chapter II
Chapter III
Chapter IV
Chapter V
Chapter VI
Chapter VII
Chapter VIII
Chapter IX
Chapter X
Chapter XI
Chapter XII
Chapter XIII
Chapter XIV
Chapter XV
Chapter XVI
Chapter XVII
Chapter XVIII
Chapter XIX
Chapter XX
Chapter XXI
Chapter XXII
Chapter XXIII
Chapter XXIV
Chapter XXV
Chapter XXVI
Chapter XXVII
Chapter XXVIII
Chapter XXIX
Chapter XXX
Chapter XXXI
Chapter XXXII
Chapter XXXIII
Chapter XXXIV
Chapter XXXV
Chapter XXXVI
Chapter XXXVII
Chapter XXXVIII
Chapter XXXIX
Chapter XL
Chapter XLI
Chapter XLII
Chapter XLIII
Chapter XLIV
Epilogue

Chapter I

941K 7.5K 1.7K
By 8o8_iNSANiTY

Boarding School

Two word I never thought I'd ever here. Well, two words that I'd never thought I hear being directed at me. Whoever had come up with such a thing was surely deranged. What person in their right mind would want to go to boarding school. Wasn't regular school punishment enough? Why in the world would any sane person want to go to a school that you were stuck at the whole school year?

Anyway, let me introduce myself. My name is Kaila Slade and I'm 17 years old and I'm a werewolf. I would consider myself you're typical local girl. With my long dark brown hair, dark green eyes, tanned skin and toned body with curves in just the right places I guess you could say I was pretty good looking; or so I've heard. I'm the only daughter of the Alphas of my pack and have a brother who is younger than me by two years named Na'ali'i. So thankfully that role for the next Alpha doesn't fall on my shoulders.

It was the end of the summer when my father dropped the bomb on me. But, apparently I wasn't the only going and neither was my younger brother. All the wolves under the age of 18 from our pack and every other pack in the country were going. Why you ask? Hunters and rouges were quickly becoming more of a problem than they already were. There had been far too many attacks on packs all across the nation and the adults were beginning to worry.

The Council had began the construction of two werewolf boarding schools a few years back in case something like this had occurred. One on each end of the country. Being from Hawaii I obviously would be attending the one on the west coast. Personally I thought this whole situation was absurd. We lived in the middle of the Pacific Ocean. Things like rouges and hunters were a rarity in our parts. So I really didn't think we had much to worry about.

My protests had of course fallen of deaf ears. My parents being Alphas of our pack over ruled me--as usual. Definite down side to having the Alphas as parents. They didn't even have to use their Alpha tone to get what they wanted when it came to their kids. I really didn't want to leave my home state of Hawaii. I loved it here; everything I knew was here. How the heck was I supposed to adjust to moving thousands of miles away? How was I supposed to move away from the ocean which is my play ground?

After my semi-heated conversation with my parents about this arrangement I had stalked to my bedroom and grudgingly began packing up everything that I was going to be taking. I obviously wouldn't be needing my surfboard much to my disappointment. It took me less than and hour to pack up everything. My parents told my brother and I that we really didn't need to pack much of our clothing only the items that would be warm. Since we'd be going to the middle of nowhere Washington to a school called Full Moon Prep West--how original!

I've read in books about how werewolves are resistant to cold weather. Well, news flash this isn't twilight where nothing fazes us, in other words yes, we do get cold. Granted we don't get as cold as a human would in freezing weather; but cold none the less. Another thing, silver? Just a myth! It would really suck if it was true though, I really like silver; it's pretty.

"Kaila, honey are you ready?" my mom asked standing in my doorway

"Yeah, don't really have a choice but to be ready." I sighed

"Sweetie, we've been through this." she said "It's for your own safety. For all of you."

"I know, I know. " I said rolling my eyes "I get mom, every pack around the country is doing it to protect the 'next generation'."

"At least all your friends will be there. It's not like we're just shipping you and Kalani off to somewhere you wont know anyone." She offered like that was going to help.

Sure, it was great the everyone I've grown up with would be going to. That just wasn't the point. I didn't want to pack up and move just because some fucked up hunters and rogue wolves. Like I said before we've hardly ever come in contact with either of the two. I knew I wasn't being the easiest daughter in the world right now and I'm pretty damn sure that other parents were having the same problems right about now.

When my brother was finished and met us down stairs the three of us climbed into my moms car and headed off to the airport. Guess, we weren't doing any shopping before we left. Na'ali'i and had asked about that and my mom said we would do some shopping once we got to Washington. She didn't want to pay extra for baggage which made no sense we had enough money to pay extra. As we drove the half hour to the airport I wondered if any of my friends would be on the same flight. Or at least some other kids from my pack.

Once parked we made our way into the bustling airport. I silently thanked the moon goddess when I noticed my friends Ashlee, Nate, Kai, Mana and Jasmyne huddled together. I broke away from my mom and walked over to them. I notice Na'ali'i doing the same thing when he saw his friends. I loved my friends to pieces and I don't know what I would've done if they hadn't been coming along as well.

"Hey guys!" I grinned coming to a stop next to them

"Oh thank god," Ashlee sighed "Please tell me you're on the next flight out?"

"Yup!" I nodded

"Good, I don't think Jas and I would be able to handle these three by ourselves on a seven hour flight."

"One of those three is your mate, remember?" I pointed out

"Yeah babe, I thought you loved me." Nate pouted

"I do, but three of you in a confined space is not going to go well. I just know it." she said

"We aren't that bad!" Mana stated crossing his arms over his chest

"Actually, we are!" Kai grinned

"I'll be back, gotta check in." I said looking over at my mom who had just reach the check-in counter.

On my way over to my mom I could hear my friends bickering. The girls obviously warning the guys to behave so they wouldn't embarrass them too much. I snicker at that, it was going to be mighty hard trying to reign those boys in as it always was. Those three were constantly doing some thing embarrassing and idiotic. Bunch of clown they were, hot ass clowns though. Then again, all my friends were pretty damn hot. Kai and Mana used their hotness to their advantage when it came to girls. I swear they didn't even have to utter a single word to have girls falling at their feet; humans and wolves alike. They were freaking man-whores and they were proud of it too. I'd never understand that.

When we were finished checking in I walked along with my mom and brother through security and up to our gate. Most of the parents weren't going along with their kids since most of us were all old enough to fly on our own. The younger kids had older sibling or family old enough to ride with. I wasn't sure how this whole boarding school thing was going to work out with the babies though. But my mom cleared that up as soon as I voice my thoughts on it. My father and built some kind of panic room so to speak it any attack was made on our pack for the families with children that were too young to fly out with us. That's what he's working on now as he wasn't able to make the trip with us.

A lot of the parents were glad that my mom would be flying out with all of us. They felt like their kids were in good hands since the Alpha female would be accompanying us to our destination. With how protective my mother was of Na'ali'i and I it wasn't a surprise to me that she tagged along. I would've been surprised if she didn't.

Even though I was so not looking forward to leaving my home behind I was glad that I didn't have to spend seven long hours stuck in coach. I felt bad for the wolves that were especially the guys. My kind wasn't exactly small. All the guys were easily over six feet tall and very well built so sitting in the tiny seat in coach were going to be a bitch. One thing I noticed though before it was time to board was the fact that the only humans on the plane would be the pilots and stewardess's. I never took notice of how many wolves under 18 we had in our pack until today.

***********************

Seven hours later we were all standing in baggage claim waiting for our things. Ashlee, Jasmyne, Nate, Kai and Mana were going to be headed over to the nearest mall with my mom, Na'ali'i and I. Seemed like we all needed some new clothes. We had to catch two different taxi's to the mall since there were too many of us for one car. Me, my mom and the girls were taking one while the guys took another.

I was never one who enjoyed shopping all that much. If I didn't want to freeze my ass while I was here I'd have to deal with it. Pulling up to some random mall that I didn't bother learning the name of we ventured in. There were so many different shops to choose from it was a bit overwhelming. Living in Hawaii there's only so much to choose from and I liked it better that way.

We stopped at Aeropostale first and had a look around. It wasn't really my kind of store but I did manage to find a few things. I bought a few camis and long sleeves thermals before I tired of the store. The millions of other stores we went to after I didn't bother to look at what they were called. By the end of our shopping trip I had bought a bunch of jeans, some shorts, more long sleeved tops, some fitted tee's, tank-tops just for the hell of it, a bunch of uggs and over various boots and some sweaters, jackets and coats. Oh and lets not forget the beanies, scarfs and gloves that my mom forced me to get.

When we finally walked out of the mall there were two black SUV's waiting for use the entrance. It was barely lunch but I had a feeling it'd take a while before we reached the campus of the school. Turns out I was right. It took us almost two hours just to get there. That was just ridiculous. A two hour drive from anywhere close to regular civilization, that was just not appealing to me.

To say I was shocked when we pulled up to campus would be an understatement. First off we had to drive through a gate. Then drive another ten minutes before we got to the actual campus which is freaking huge by the way. I stood in front of the gigantic main building with my brother and friends. Every one of use had our mouths open in shock. The building was at least four stories high built from red brick which seemed to be a trend as I took in all the other buildings I could see.

"Come on all of you, let's go get your schedule's and dorm assignment." my mom said ushering us into the building.

We all just stood around while my mother handled everything for the seven of us. Since we had our little shopping trip which lasted a few hours all the other wolves from back home were already here. I wondered briefly if we would have room mates, not that I minded if we did. It would give us a chance to meet some one new if they weren't from our pack.

"Okay, here are your classes and other things you need to know about the school--including a map." my mom said handing out folders to each of us "The dorms are co-ed and room mates were picked at random. The only one that weren't were the mated couples. Though you might be sharing with up too, two, mated couples."

"Isn't that a lot of people for a dorm room?" I asked

"Yes, but, you'll see it's perfectly fine when you get to your room. You're all in the same dorm so why don't you head off the car will take you there and I'll take your brother." she said

Without another word to us she walked off with my brother. We all looked at each other before we shrugged and headed out to the waiting SUV. How big was this school that we had to catch a ride to the dorms? I found out my answer, it was almost another ten minutes from the main building to the dorm rooms. This place is freaking massive! I was sure to get lost in a place like this. From what I could see from where I was, if I wasn't looking at building I was looking at trees. I've never felt more out of place in my life.

"So what's everyone's room number?" Jas asked

"402!" they all answered while I groaned

"Me too!" she chirped

"Lucky bastards!" I huffed

"What's yours?" Ash asked

"418." I answered "God you guys are freaking lucky! It'll just be the four of you in your room."

"I'm sure you room mates will be fine." Jas said placing a reassuring hand on my shoulder

"How about we go up to our room first and then we'll go with you to yours?" Nate offered

"Okay." I sighed

"Think about it this way," Kai began "At least we're all in the same building on the same floor."

"That's true, I guess." I said as we all walked to the elevator

It seemed that no one bothered to grab any of the things we bought today. As I looked at every one I noticed the only thing we were all carrying was the few bags we had boarded the plane with.

"Every thing we bought today was taken to our rooms." Jas answered my unspoken thoughts. I just nodded and stepped out of the elevator when we reached out floor.

There were people milling around coming in and out of rooms. Talking amongst themselves in the hall. We walked past a couple door before we stood in front of their room. Taking a deep breath we all entered. I pretty sure that shock was going to be out main expression for the next couple days. When I think of a dorm room, I think of just a single room with a connecting bathroom. Was this room anything like that? NO! It literally looked like a freaking three-bedroom apartment.

There was a huge open plan kitchen/living room. Three bedrooms each with their own bathroom. Plus, from what I could tell the kitchen area was fully stocked. The living room had a series a leather couches and chairs along with a hugh flat screen and entertainment center. The Counsil really went all out with this huh. I was kind of excited to get to my room. And also a bit excited to find out who I'd be rooming with for the rest of the year.

"Hey, I'm gonna go check out my room. I'll meet up with you guys in a little bit and we can go check out the rest of the campus." I said heading for the door

"You want us to come with?" Ash asked

"No, you guys get settled." I answered "See you!" I called out

"Bye!" they all chorused

I walked down the crowded hallway and stopped in front of my open dorm room. I could hear laughter coming from one of the rooms when I walked in. My room was the same as my friends which didn't surprise me. I could already see a game system hooked up to the flat screen with a shit load of games stocked up on a shelf. Either one of my room mates is a guy or the girls are mad gamers. I'd say the former from the title of the games.

"You must be Kaila!" a girl squealed running towards me.

"Um, yeah. That's me!" I said giving her a small smile

"Don't mind Amy, she has a squealing problem when she's excited." I guy said coming up behind her and slinging his arm around her shoulders. "I'm Austin, nice to meet you." he smiled hold out a hand to me.

"You too!" I said shaking his hand "I'm Kaila."

"Ooh that's such a pretty name!" Amy said

"Thanks!"

"Well, as you know I'm Amy and this is my mate." she said gesturing to Austin "Our other room mate is Dean. He's out with my brother Cain right now and should be back soon."

"Oh, okay." I nodded

"Let's show you to your room. All your things have already been put in there. But, don't worry I didn't let the guys peek." she said

We walked down the short hallway and into the second door on the left. The room was spacious with a huge four poster king size bed in the middle of the room. The walls were a light blue and all the furniture was made of dark oak bringing the room together nicely. All the purchases from earlier were all situated at the foot of my bed waiting for me to put them away.

"We'll leave you to get settled and we can get to know each other more when your ready." Amy said

"Thanks!" I said

I had a feeling that Amy and I would become pretty good friends this year. She wouldn't be a replacement for my friends though. No one could ever replace them. I started out with putting away all of my clothes than I set up my laptop on the desk and plastered my pictures of my friends and I all over my room. It had take less than an hour to finish and by then all I wanted to do was lay around for a while.

That thought was quickly diminished when the most intriguing scent hit me. It was the woodsy scent that every wolf had mixed with a hint of rain. My wolf was whispering to me but I was too focused on the scent to pay any attention to her at the moment. I knew it wasn't Amy or Austin; Amy had a hint of wild berries mixed into her scent while Austin's was more citrus. What is that? I couldn't hear anything going on out side. I guess the rooms were all sound proof. I found myself wandering out of my room and toward the living room area. But, when I walked in the front door was just closing.

MATE! my wolf shouted finally getting me attention bringing me to a halt.

Mate? Who's? Our's? I asked

Yes! Go after him, please! she begged

No, I don't want too!

"Hey Kaila, you alright?" Amy asked

"Yeah, I'm fine." I nodded

"Okay, you just missed Cain and Dean. But, you'll meet them eventually." she said

"Yeah, eventually." I said walking back to my room

Mate? My mate? What are the odds that I'd find my mate here? I'd say pretty fucking good. Every one under 18 from just about half the country was here at this school the other half were at the school in New York. But finding him on my first day here that's pretty damn amazing. But, which was he; Dean or Cain? Did I really, truly want to meet him and have him know that we were mates? I had never given a second thought to having a mate. Now that was all changing.

*********************

What do you think? Good? Bad? Shall I continue? Feedback people lol

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

10M 313K 31
Even though the room was dark, I could still the one person who made my heart skip a beat. He stood there, his hands tucked in his pockets, staring a...
239K 9.3K 22
Minutes before saying I do, Sherilyn Jane realized her mistake and bolted , a wedding gown in her trunk and a baby in her belly! In Panama City she f...
179K 5.9K 19
Blaire Scott is a 22 year old Cafè owner with big plans. She wants to grow her business and make the World's Best Coffee. She is known in her small t...
8.6K 306 7
A man gets a second chance at life and gets reincarnated in the world of Highschool DxD. Armed with a system, he will live the way he wants this time.