My Protector (Camren)

By stayharmonized4

Camila Cabello is an ordinary girl. She goes to school, has a loving family, some trustful friends, and has a... More

Preview
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
NOT AN UPDATE!
Chapter 13
Chapter 14

Chapter 6

18K 495 88
By stayharmonized4

Lauren's POV

I love messing around with Camila, her reactions are just so adorable and precious. After our laughter died down she started to pay attention to class. Her small hands scribbling down information the teacher was saying at a steady pace. Her luscious brown hair covered half of her beautiful face and I was dying to tuck it behind her ear but stopped myself. She took out her big framed glasses and placed them on the bridge of her nose. She looked so cute with them on that I found it hard to look away. How can someone be so beautiful? After admiring the lovely girl next to me I tried paying attention to what the guy in front of us was saying. All I could muster was a blank expression to his long lecture about the Civil War, just so I could seem a bit interested when I really wasn't. This class is so boring. Why do you even need to know the history of this country? I mean what really matters is the future am I right?

"Damn she really is a hardcore nerd, look at her Harry Potter glasses!" My eyes shot open as I over heard someone from the back whisper. Silent giggles followed as I noticed Camila shut her eyes as if she was trying to hold back tears. I turned around slowly as I tried to calm myself down. The guy with the Snap Back and the guy that tried to pull a move on me earlier were laughing their asses off, trying to make as minimal noise as possible. As soon as they noticed my presence they quickly shut up looked down at their books. The guy with the Snap Back on the other hand stayed looking at me with challenging eyes. Oh no little boy you picked the wrong person to start something with. I turned around and noticed Camila staring at me with a worried expression; she quickly looked away as I caught her gaze with mine. A blush caressed her cheeks as she buried her face in her book again. Oh how I just want to hold her in my arms and have her warm body touching mine. Stop getting distracted Lauren you came here to protect her not google over her!

The class ended quickly after that, I mean I didn't pay attention I just started at Camila the whole time and maybe read her thoughts . . . Ok I did.

"What do we have next Camz?" I asked. She struggled to find her schedule as she fumbled with the 4 books she had in her arms. Her thin arms shaking as she tried to balance them so she can take out her schedule. A kid bumped her shoulder while she stood in front of her locker causing her to lose balance and drop her books, taking her down with them. I quickly went to her side and stopped her from falling with one arm, as my other arm grabbed all the books before they fell.

"You Ok Camz?" I asked while she regained her posture and tried to grab her books, but I pulled them away. "Woah you think I'm going to let you carry all these books again after you almost broke your face?" She shook her head and smiled at me. If I have to carry her whole locker so she wouldn't get hurt then so be it.

"Lauren I'm ok see." She said and started flapping her limbs like she was some sort of bird. This girl is so silly.

"That's great. But I'm still not giving you all these books." There were 2 thick textbooks, 1 hardcover, and 1 thin book. If she had to carry all of these books everyday this girl must be brawlic on the inside. I'll find out later.

"Come on Lolo it feels weird not carrying them around." Her adorable, innocent was making me change my mind by the second. Come on Lauren don't fall for it!

"Fine. Here." I said while giving her the thinnest book. We started are way to our next class, my arm around her shoulder as I kept my eyes out for those obnoxious humans from earlier. They were seriously on my bad side, and that's a side you don't want to be on. As we walked to class I took this time to examine all of the other humans in the school. Some were loud and hyper while others were calm and neutral. I don't think I would be able to survive with them, they all just seemed so fake. Small hands came into my vision as I felt my sunglasses being pushed back.

"They were falling off. Don't want that to happen now do we Ms. Vampire?" I smiled at her reference towards me. She was smiling back with her brown eyes shinning as they examined my own, if she could see them. Her face dropped as worry and fear filled her features. I raised an eyebrow confused to why she looked like she was about to pee herself. "Lolo your-your eyes. I can see them." She raised a shaking finger pointing at my sunglasses. How is that possible? These sunglasses were built to block the bright red color that emitted through a vampires eyes. My heart started to beat faster at the thought of someone noticing.

"Are you sure?" I asked while taking her finger off my face. She slowly nodded, her eyes never leaving mine. "Fuck." I muttered under my breath while running my hand through my jet black hair. "Don't worry I'll fix this." We entered our physics class and took our seats near the the front. I placed her books on her desk and started calling the creator of my glasses. Telepathically of course. I closed my eyes and folded my arms, waiting for him to pick up.

"Hello?"

"Hey Hannibal." He was the best inventor of my relam and I trusted him with anything I needed.

"Celeste! How are you darling?" I felt my eye twitch as he called me by my birth name, that's why I told people my name was Lauren so I wouldn't here it. 

"Fine. I have a question referring to the sunglasses you gave me."

"Oh the Danglers? What about them?"

"You told me that the sunglasses wouldn't emit my eyes to anyone, but my mate just said she saw them and they were bright."

"Is your mate a human?"

"Yes she is." Shit it came out before I could stop myself.

"Celeste you know you aren't allowed to see or talk to her until you're eighteen! Plus she's a human and that makes it more dangerous! What have you gotten yourself into?! Your father isn't going to be to happy with your decision, you know he's a powerful man." Ugh why did it slip out.

"I know Hannibal but I had to, she was getting hurt endlessly and I couldn't just let it happen! You know how I am around the people I love. And my father doesn't know about this . . . no one does, your the first to know and I hope it stays that way. Please Hanni. I trust that you'll keep this between us." Begging is the best option right now. If he told anyone it would be horrible for both of us. Just thinking about my father knowing sends chills through my whole body. I wouldn't be here right now...

"Fine Celeste, but please be careful and plan out everything. Don't forget there are more of us around. I predict you are with her now, yes?"

"Yes. I haven't left her side since I told her."

"Alright good. Don't leave her side Celes, she needs all the protection she can get." Wait what?

"Why do you say that?" I was getting scared now, and I never get scared.

"Now that you've identified your mate other creatures are going to want to take you and her away for themselves and separate you guys. Don't forget you are the princess of the vampire empire, and that means you have your own enemies and supporters." I hated that. Being the princess sucked and this is a big reason why To others being a princess sounds like a dream, but ever since I found out I was one it has been a complete nightmare. Yes it has it's privileges with the servants and all, but the hate from other kingdoms and people was greater.

"Yeah Hanni I know don't remind me. Trust me no one is laying a finger on her over my dead body. Now can you answer my question I'm kind of busy right now."

"Ok the glasses were built to protect your eyes from coming to view with humans, but your mate could see them because well . . . she's your soul mate. You guys are connected so she is able to see them." That made sense.

"Another question. Can other creatures see them?"

"Vampires yes, but like werewolves, shifters, and other creatures you're not connected to somehow no."

"Alright Hannibal thanks."

"Your welcome, and Celeste?"

"Yeah?"

"Be careful."

"I will." Was the last thing I said before I broke the connection and came back to reality.

My eyes shot open and I took a deep breath so my mind could calm down. I wonder how long our conversation lasted, it didn't feel that long to me. By now the class was full of students and the teacher was deep in the lesson . . . guess I was out for long. I turned to Camila and saw that she was once again engrossed in the lesson, she looked so beautiful as always. She finally noticed me starring and connected our gaze together. I winked at her causing her to look away smiling as a light blush caressed her cheeks. I wonder if she felt anything towards me, I really hope she did.

Camila's POV

Lauren seemed like she was in her own little world for half of this period. I stopped my work and looked over at her only to be met with bright red eyes. She winked at me and I quickly averted her gaze and pretended to do my work so she wouldn't see the blush that creeped its way up my face. I already had a miniature heart attack whenever she looked at me like that, but winking at me just made my insides melt. My feelings for Lauren are still undecided but I know I don't look at her in a friendly way. A crush? Yeah. Maybe a little growing crush. The teacher told us to do some group work but I stayed in my seat because no one ever wanted to work with me. 

That's going to change from now on Camz. That brought a small smile to my face as I tucked a piece of hair behind my ear so she could see. She slammed her hands on the table and intertwined her fingers, her eyes never leaving mine.

"I have good news." I raised an eyebrow for her to continue and bit my bottom lip softly. "You're the only one that can see my eyes, no one else in the school can. Good or no?" I let out a sigh of relief as I hear those words come out of her mouth. 

"Thank god. I was worried you were going to do some vampire spell to the whole student body so they wouldn't remember you." She laughed at my response, but I was half serious and half not. "Alright now that that problem is out of the way lets work on our classwork." I handed her our work as she raised an eyebrow at me. Oh she is doing the work weather she likes it or not. Plus she promised me she would at least try to. After giving her my "you're doing this work" look she took the worksheet and started doing it together. It felt nice, working with someone that is. The feeling of having no one to help you sucked. By the end of the class we managed to complete the worksheet with no problem, Lauren actually knew some of the material which surprised me. Who knew vampires were good in physics? I'm going to have to read more vampire stories in wattpad to help me out with that...

Next period flew by and it was finally time for lunch. Yeah food! My favorite class! I was also happy that I got to see my best friends, I haven't talked to them ever since Lauren came into my life. I entered the lunchroom with Lauren right on my tail as I quickly got on line to get my food. "Come on Lauren get in line so you can get me an extra lunch." A smile grew on my face as she got in line behind me. She looked really hot with her hands in her leather jacket looking like a total badass, and her sunglasses just made her look even hotter . . . oh god Camila stop thinking she can hear you! I averted my gaze hoping she didn't catch me checking her out. We got our food and went to take our seats were Ally, Dinah, and Normani were already seated. I put my food down down and greeted every single one of them. 

"I missed you guys!"

"Mila where were you you had us worried sick yesterday when you didn't pick up your phone for our hangout sesh after school?" Ally asked. Aw she is so cute, she's like the biggest sister in our group even though she is so tiny.

"I'm ok Ally I just had a family emergency that's all." I lied. I mean what else could I say? Hey guys I was recued my a vampire in the woods who just happends to be my mate and now she's going to school to protect me? Uh-ah.

"Thank god Chancho you had me worried sick!" 

"Aww I'm sorry D-Mac." I said and gave her a tight hug and sat down. I patted the seat next to me so Lauren could sit. They all looked at me waiting to introduce her. "Guy meet Lauren. She just moved here from . . ." I looked at her hoping she'll fill in the rest. 

"New York. My parents job got transferred here last week. Nice to meet you all." She leaned over and fist pound each of them. They all were a bit hesitant but returned the pound with a smile. 

"Well Lauren welcome to Miami! I'm Normani, this is Dinah, and that's Ally." She pointed showing Lauren who was who. They both waved and gave her a warm smile. I'm glad they were so accepting of Lauren, it was nice seeing that my best friends were getting along with my mate. Wow that is going to take some time to get used to.

"Yeah and friend of Mila's is a friend of ours." Dinah added. 

"Thanks means a lot."

"Hey Lauren can I ask you a question?" Dinah asked.

"Shoot." Lauren said while nodding at Dinah to continue.

"Why do you have sunglasses on inside?" My eyes shot open as I starred at her waiting for her response. 

"My eyes get irritated very quickly by bright lights, so I had these sunglasses custom made so my eyes wouldn't hurt as much." They all nodded in understanding. Yes they believed her!

That secret is between me and you only. I smiled as I saw her looking at me with her red eyes. I missed the gorgeous emerald green ones that I saw the first time we met. I wonder why they never changed back. 

Lunch was going pretty smoothly. The girl got really comfortable around Lauren as she got comfortable to them as well. It was going perfect until we heard the cafeteria door slam open. A group of five boys who looked like complete troublemakers came barging through the doors.They were all cute and ripped but that was far from the point, I sensed a bad vibe from them. I felt Lauren tense up next to me as the group of boys wiped their heads around as if they were looking for someone. My breath got stuck in my throat as the one with messy golden brown hair made eye contact with me and motioned his boys in my direction. They all followed behind him like a pack of dogs. I heard Lauren hiss beside me as they got closer and closer to our table. As soon as they were about ten feet away from us Lauren got up swiftly in front of me and held out her hand stopping them from getting any closer. She moved her other hand around me trying to protect my body as much as she could. I hid behind her terrified of what they might do. They didn't seem like the nicest boys on the block. And If Lauren, a.k.a Ms. Vampire,  got a bad vibe from them then weren't any ordinary human being. They were something out of this world.

Lauren's POV

These guys weren't any normal bunch of human beings, they were werewolves and I could smell it. We were friends with them but not all of them wanted to be friends with us. I stood in front of Camila protectively as I saw her hid behind with a worried look on her face. If these furballs thought they were going to lay a finger on her so easily they had another thing coming. I could feel my anger rise up and my fangs start to come out, but I held them back so they wouldn't know what I was. 

"Nice to see you again Celeste." The tall guy with the dark brown hair said, I guess he is the leader. How the hell did he know my name? My real name? He had a huge smirk on his face with his arms around his chest looking at me straight in the eyes. I heard Camila say who Celeste was as she eyed both of us in confusion. I didn't like where this was going . . .

A/N: Guy guys! I'm really really really sorry I didn't update for like what a month? I suck I know. School sports program and family scrambled together is a crazy mix to organize and I know that's not an excuse but It's the truth. But not that it's winter break I have more free time woohoo!!! I'm really sorry I made you guys wait so long it really sucks. I'll try to update as fast as i can. And one more thing... I LOVE YOU ALL FROM SATURN AND BACK!!!! ya'll so nice and sweet I wish everyone else was like you. You're beautiful and don't let anyone else tell you other wise. 

And one more question. what do you guys think of the story so far?

Vote and comments your thoughts I love reading them. Until next time!!!!

Stay strong, stay you, and stay humble. Love ya! :)

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

91.2K 2.4K 22
Camila Cabello is a normal girl with normal dreams in life. When she discovers something new about two of her best friends, how will it affect their...
8.3K 296 14
A distraught Lauren does everything in her power to win the girl of her dreams, and save their marriage.. She takes her on a get away hoping to win h...
Bad News By Giny

Fanfiction

2.4M 69.7K 57
Lauren is a smart girl and kind of nerdy. She only has two friends at school, Normani and Dinah. She's had a small crush on the mysterious badass Cam...
454K 12.1K 25
Camila Cabello is very confident. She isn't shy when she sees a girl she wants. Eventually, any girl she sets out to get, ends up back at her and her...