Fearless ✿ Jacob Black [3]

spellbinding

❝My body, it has bled and blazed and broken, and yet it beats on. I am iron. A little rusted, perhaps, but st... Еще

fearless
part i
i. alcohol is a beautiful thing
ii. wedding preparation
iii. welcome home
iv. chocolate chip cookies
v. interrupted honeymoons
vii. the final straw
viii. devastation
ix. a new pack
x. protection detail
xi. the calm before the storm
xii. disaster
part ii
xiii. bella doesn't like nicknames
xiv. newborn restraint
xv. they're coming
xvi. reunited
xvii. another one
xviii. not a part of the plan
xix. too good to be true

vi. revelations

13.1K 461 58
spellbinding

SIX; REVELATIONS

Haven rubbed her eyes in defeat.

The girl had been up all night after the news that Bella had somehow fallen pregnant with Edward's child. The laptop at the Cullen's had become her new best friend and she had sore fingers from typing all throughout the night.

"I just don't see how this possible," Chris Eldridge had joined his daughter in searching for anything they could find on the matter at hand. Haven often forgot that her father had the same bond with Carlisle as she did with Edward. It was essential in keeping the man alive after the Volturi sentenced him to death. Carlisle had practically informed the man of what was going on with Bella in his head as soon as Edward hung up the phone yesterday.

Carlisle, Esme and Rosalie had gone to the airport to get Bella and Edward. Haven would have gone but the girl didn't know how she would handle the situation – it was bad enough searching through every part of the internet to find an answer.

"You and me both," Haven picked at a fraying part of her black jeans anxiously. "We just need Bella to get home so Carlisle can work on getting that thing out of her."

Chris closed a heavy book that Carlisle had gifted him to look through. Many vampire legends were explored, yet nothing about what would happen if a human and vampire reproduced. "Let's just hope it's that simple."

Haven didn't want to think that way. This was the only course of action that she could think of and it was the only one guaranteed to keep Bella alive – maybe even the rest of Forks considering what usual immortal children could do.

"I'm not trying to be pessimistic," Chris explained to his daughter upon seeing her face fall even further at the mention of this situation not being so easily fixed. "I'm just being rational. This is vampires we are talking about, nothing is ever easy. Keep that in mind, Haven."

Haven let out a sigh. She knew her dad was right, but the brunette didn't even want her mind to think about what would happen if Carlisle couldn't fix this now. "I know, I just don't want to get in that head space."

Chris's hand came to rest on his daughter's shoulder, rubbing it soothingly. "We'll fix it somehow. Us hunters always find a way, no matter what.

Haven just hoped that she wouldn't have to be the one to find another way. She needed Carlisle's way to work.

♡♡♡♡♡

Haven was outside as soon as Carlisle's car pulled up outside the Cullen's home. She was the first of the family out the door, followed by a few more as she descended down the stairs.

Edward was out of the car first and his eyes instantly found Haven's. The huntress had gotten over the anger she felt earlier. It wasn't his fault, she knew that the last thing Edward would do is want to hurt Bella. They were the same in that way.

His eyes were dark and made Haven know there was something he had to tell her, it was weird to the huntress that she knew that upon a quick glance. Their connection had made her aware of so much.

We need to talk.

The words Edward spoke in her mind were exactly what she had presumed. Haven nodded at him, they could do so once she had seen Bella. She needed to know that her best friend was okay.

Bella exited the car, after Rosalie had jumped out and opened the door for her. Haven didn't know why Rosalie had been the one to go and help retrieve the couple from the airport. She figured Carlisle and Esme would have been capable by themselves.

Bella almost clung to the blonde vampire and Rosalie was treating Bella with more care than Haven had ever seen. Those two had never seen eye to eye, why was it all of a sudden such a necessity for Rosalie to make sure she was okay?

Haven sped over to Bella and before she could wrap the girl up in a hug, simply grateful that the brunette was here and safe for the time being, Haven looked down at Bella's now protruding belly. She held in a gasp, biting her lip to do so.

It wasn't exceptional, but Haven could definitely notice a difference. Her eyes flickered over to Carlisle, who had just hopped out of the driver's seat. Bella couldn't be as far a long as she looked, the honeymoon had only began around one week ago.

"It's growing at an unprecedented rate." Carlisle's voice was somber, he was no longer looking as calm as he did before he left. This made Haven's stomach drop.

Haven looked back to Bella, who offered her a small smile. Even with Rosalie glaring at her, which Haven simply ignored, Haven wrapped Bella up in a hug. Despite her mind running in circles at the information she was conjuring the brunette had to try and stay calm, freaking out about this right now wouldn't help anyone.

"I'm so glad to see you," Bella said to her best friend honestly.

Haven realized that the girl didn't seem different – minus the bump – with her still smelling faintly of vanilla and body frame still slender. "Same, Bells. I have been freaking out of my mind."

Haven acknowledged that Edward had moved from getting the bags out of the boot. His body was tense as he walked inside and Haven noticed instantly that Bella would have normally been at his side. Edward never did anything without Bella.

Bella seemed to notice the same thing, watching her husband with longing eyes. Her hands subconsciously fell down to lay on her stomach.

Bella didn't have to say anything for Haven to realize that this was going to be a lot more complicated than first thought.

♡♡♡♡♡

"She wants to keep it."

"She wants to what?"

Haven looked at Edward like he had just laid a bomb out on the floor, armed and ready to blow. He kind of did in a sense, Haven had heard the vampire perfectly but she needed him to repeat that sentence one more time so that her mind had no choice but to let it sink in.

Edward had his teeth clenched, clearly more angry at the situation than he had shown to anyone just yet. He felt comfortable letting it out near Haven, she wasn't anywhere near as breakable as Bella and was most likely going to understand him with this. "Bella wants to keep whatever the hell is inside her. She is already calling it a baby with Rose, who she called to help her protect it. She knows everyone else wants the thing gone. She's not going to let Carlisle get it out of her, Rose is with her on it."

Haven wanted to scream in anger. She had always been the person to go along with Bella's decisions, she had been through thick and thin with the girl and supported her all the way. Haven didn't judge when Bella wanted to get back with Edward after he left her, she didn't get mad when she told her about wanting to become a vampire and she didn't speak her mind when Bella wanted to have sex with Edward while she was still human.

Not once has Haven ever told Bella not to do something – she had been nothing but supportive.

But this was the one thing that Haven couldn't stand with Bella on. This could mean the end of Bella's life – it was an unheard of situation and no one could predict what would happen. If this child growing inside her is anything like the immortal children then it could cause harm to mass amounts of people, but more importantly how was Bella supposed to give birth to something that was already growing at a rate that her body soon wouldn't be able to handle? Haven didn't have to be a doctor like Carlisle to see that this wasn't going to end well.

"This is going to end badly," Haven muttered to herself as everything started to add up in her head.

"I know," Edward said bitterly as he sat on the armrest of the couch in Carlisle's study. He knew that some of his family might be listening but at this point he didn't care. This was his wife, his soulmate and he would do anything he could to stop her from making this mistake. "We have to stop her."

"How?" Haven asked the vampire, looking at him with glossy eyes. No tears had fallen but Haven wasn't going to stop them – the thought of losing someone she considered family wasn't an option for her and her mind was reeling at the thought. "No one can stop Bella from doing anything once she gets it in her head. She's stubborn, Edward. With Rosalie on her side how are we supposed to convince her otherwise?"

"You're her best friend, I'm her husband. We must have some affect on her decisions."

Haven shook her head while running a hand through her long, dark locks. "She clearly knows what she wants with this, I don't know how we can make her see things differently."

Edward stood up from where he was sitting abruptly, although Haven didn't even flinch. She could see the anger fading off his face and pure worry taking it's place. "I won't let her die."

Haven's mind was spinning and she needed to make it stop. The brunette couldn't make sense of everything now that the plan they had previously had been stopped in it's tracks by Bella herself. Haven took a deep breath and tried to clear her head – she wouldn't be any help to the vampire in front of her if she didn't. "We can try convincing her, talk to her both separately and together. We have to convince her, I'm just not sure that it will work."

"What about Jacob?" Edward asked out of the blue, his face recalling something as he tried to think of a solution. His topaz eyes met Haven's brown ones. "If all of us, including him, said something then she might pay attention."

Edward made a solid point on Jacob affecting Bella's judgement, they were best friends and if the three of them all said something then it just might be enough people to listen. Haven knew that telling him could be a mistake however, he could blow it all out of proportion and once he knew it was almost certain the wolves would.

Everything could break out in a full blown war if the wolves thought the child was a threat.

"Are you prepared to let the wolves know then?" Haven brought up rightfully, making Edward's brows furrow as he tried to prioritize. "You guys have the treaty but it could become void in their minds once they find out about whatever is growing inside of Bella. If they think it's a danger then this could end badly."

"It will do that even if we don't tell Jacob," Edward pointed out. "We have to pick our poison with this one and I will do whatever makes Bella safe."

Haven nodded and realized that telling Jacob was probably the only thing they had up their sleeves if they didn't want Bella to go through with this. The thought of having to talk to Jacob made Haven's skin crawl, but her relationship drama was now becoming the least of her worries. "How about this; we give us two weeks to convince Bella by ourselves, maybe she will even realize on her own. If she hasn't changed her mind in two weeks then I will tell Jacob."

Edward knew that telling Jacob wasn't the safest idea and Haven's compromise seemed logical. He nodded his head gratefully at the huntress, knowing that no one would understand the feelings he felt quite like her. The both of them would do beyond anything to keep Bella safe.

Before the vampire could leave, Haven caught a hold of his wrist. Edward looked up at the brunette, worry still plastered all over his face. Haven had been trying to stay as calm as she could, that was something that being a hunter was all about. She didn't think she would be able to keep herself together if it wasn't for the training she had been through.

"She's going to live," Haven stated as she looked right into Edward's golden eyes. Her voice didn't stutter, she needed to be clear on this. "We are going to make sure of it, I refuse any other option."

Haven just hoped she could stay true to her word.

♡♡♡♡♡

the timeline for this film is so annoying, it never says how many weeks have passed so just know that if i make a mistake in the timing just let me live. tysm.

Продолжить чтение

Вам также понравится

1.4M 27.1K 47
"If you are a vampire, then how are you still a hot mess?" (Twilight) Emmett Cullen x OC female
36.3K 1.3K 21
my pain fits in the palm of your freezing hand ROSALIE HALE 𝒙 FEMALE OC ! TWILIGHT SAGA STAND-ALONE ©edenvgard
19.6K 597 13
Twilight - completed ✔️ New moon - completed ✔️ Eclipse - completed ✔️ Breaking dawn pt.1 - not done Breaking dawn pt.2 - not done 🥇 #1 thetwilights...
437K 13.6K 19
❝My dear, how far do you go hunting monsters before you become one yourself?❞ cover by @allisonsargent [ ECLIPSE ] [ HAVEN ELDRIDGE SERIES|...