Escape From Antoria

Oleh me2you804

Arianna's perfectly ordinary life is turned upside down when she is thrust into a new world that is full of m... Lebih Banyak

Escape from Antoria (Prologue) Part 1
Escape From Antoria Part 2
Escape From Antoria Part 3
Escape from Antoria Part 4
Escape from Antoria Part 5
Escape From Antoria Part 6
Escape From Antoria Part 7
Escape From Antoria part 8
Escape From Antoria part 9
Escape From Antoria Part 10
Escape from Antoria part 11
Escape from Antoria part 12
Escape From Antoria Part 13
Escape From Antoria part 14
Escape From Antoria Part 15
Escape From Antoria part 16
Escape From Antoria pary 17
Escape From Antoria part 18
Escape from Antoria Part 19
Escape From Antoria Part 20
Escape from Antoria Part 21
Escape From Antoria part 22
Escape From Antoria part 23
Escape From Antoria part 24
escape From Antoria part 25
Escape From Antoria part 26
Escape From Antoria part 27
Escape From Antoria part 28
Escape From Antoria Part 29
Escape From Antoria Part 30
Escape From Antoria Part 31
Escape From Antoria Part 32
Escape From Antoria Part 34
Escape From Antoria Part 35
Escape From Antoria part 36
escape from antoria part 37
Escape From Antoria Part 38
Escape From Antoria Part 39
Escape From Antoria Part 40
Escape From Antoria part 41
Escape From Antoria Part 42

Escape From Antoria Part 33

2.6K 42 5
Oleh me2you804

OK I might do one more part after this and then I'll see how it goes :D Hope you enjoy though I kind of doubt it but anyways...

Chapter 32

The next day we were all sullenly dressed in black with emerald sashes across our chests. Apparently it's an ancient Antorian tradition, I didn't really understand the symbolism just something to do with the black for mourning and the green for life...why you would represent life at a funeral I will never know.

The funeral procession wound throughout the town just outside the castle walls and towards the forest where we had emerged on that night of battle. The entire family walking behind the royal carriage with unknown people joining as the carriage passed. As we went past all of the villagers bowed their heads in respects and threw lilies and roses into the path of the carriage that was carrying my father's body which now resembled a mummy. They haven't even heard of coffins; apparently it's get cremated or get cremated. To me the respect that the villagers were showing my father was not unlike a state funeral. It was like he was someone who was loved and respected by them a bit like Lady Diana. Not that my dad actually did anything for them.

"That's not true Ari, he saved you." Nate whispered in my ear so that only I could hear it. We still need to figure out the two way mind reading. "And to the people, that is one of the most honourable things a man can do, protect the monarchy, especially when they finally get a good and kind monarch after one like my father." I nodded. How do you reply to that? How the hell do they know I am a good monarch I had been here for not even a week and I could have taken down the king because I wanted control over the lands for myself? Jeez these people are way too trusting.

We finally reached the edge of the town and came into a large field that created a bridge between the forest and the town. In the centre of the field was a huge mountain of sticks that made up the funeral pyre. I watched as 2 centennials along Nate, Riley, Sam and Maddox carried my father's limp form over to the pyre. Together they gently laid him down on the raised platform. They each placed a flower and a coin around the body as a sign of respect and something to do with the afterlife. I wasn't paying attention to be honest I was a more concerned with comforting my mother who spent the entire night crying her eyes out.

Slowly one by one the people gathered went forward with the offerings. I felt bad because even people who obviously lived on the streets had paid for flowers as tokens of respect. I think they were crazy personally because it's all going to get burnt anyway. I sighed I can't put this off any longer.

"Come on mum. It's..it's time to say goodbye." I said wrapping an arm around her shoulder as her body shook with silent sobs and she clutched a red rose and a ice white lily to her chest. She eventually took tentative steps towards the pyre. I couldn't possibly imagine what she is going through because when Nate dies, I die I suppose that is one thing to be grateful for. I don't think I could live without him now and I know that sounds like a soppy romance novel but it's true. Before I never needed a boyfriend I was content but now I couldn't imagine living without out my man.

"And you won't have to." Nathan's voice echoed in my head. Oh seems like he figured it out then. Damn Jerk!! I dropped my own flower and coin onto the pyre and went and stood back with the line of people. Watching and waiting for the now lit pyre to engulf my father's body in flames.

It was oddly mesmerising watching the flames lick up the sides of the pyre; fires dancing as if to their own beat. I couldn't take my eyes off it and only when I felt someone tug on my arm as a signal to leave did I realise that most of the pyre had been consumed along with my father within the dancing flames.

The walk back to the castle was slow and agonising. It was like it finally hit...he's gone and he's never coming back. It also allowed me to think of the other special person that was missing in my life, Izzy. Where the hell did that sneaky demon put her? Oh and not to mention I should be worried because that demon is very destructive not only can he cause chaos by turning people against each other with blinding rage but he is the demon of disease. It was quite lucky he didn't spread it when he was here last but it turns out the next village over was not so lucky, over 100 dead. I sighed as I dragged my feet which felt as if they were weighed down by led right about now. So much has happened in such a short time that it is just overwhelming. I mean I spent my wedding night with Nate but instead of it being about love and happiness is was about seeking solace and comfort in one another. Not the way you plan it. To make it worse tomorrow Nate and Holly would return to the human world with Ryan and some other sorcerer who was from that realm. Hopefully they find Izzy sooner rather than later.

I have one thing to be grateful for out of all this, the demon obviously doesn't know where Izzy is because from the wave of destruction that he's left behind him, he's searching and he can go on searching. What kind of idiot hides something then forgets where they put it?

All I can hope is that Izzy is safe and that Holly and Blake will bring her back to me. I'm hoping sooner rather than later but looking for a single baby out of all the babies on the planet. Well let's just say it will take a long time to find her.

When we reached the castle once more, my feet were throbbing but it was a good pain, it made me realise that I could still feel something. I felt strong, warm arms wrap around my waist as I walked into the main courtyard. I caught sight of the huge gaping hole in the ground and felt my breath catch. I can't wait until it's filled in. Every time I see it, it just reminds me of the demons that could be unleashed at anytime and if that's not scary then I don't know what is.

"How are you doing?" Nate asked as he rested his head on my shoulder.

"Not so good but I'll live. I'm more worried about everyone else than myself." I sighed as I continued to drag my feet. Nate unwrapped one of his arms from my waist and shifted behind me. What the hell? Next thing I know he is carrying me bridal style. "I can walk you know." I huffed.

"Oh I don't doubt that but you're taking longer than my great aunt Daisy" He replied with a chuckle as we watched his great aunt Daisy power walk ahead of us into the castle. I only hope I'm like that at her age and felt my lips twitch into an almost smile.

Nate carried me up to our room and insisted on helping me change for the party tonight. Another Antorian tradition, instead of a glum wake they literally celebrate the dearly departed which I preferred. My dad wouldn't have wanted a room full of glum people and only a few of us knew him so it would be pointless to have a wake. At least this way people get to have fun in his memory. I was now in a cute black dress, and again with the green sash which was now tied around my waist so that it looked more like a belt.

Nate just changed into a more loose fitting black suit which clung loosely to his body. He put his green sash back on as I was slipping into a pair of heels., I swear they're trying to kill me. "Ok let's go." I said in a quiet voice and Nate immediately walked over to me in time for the tears to pour down my face.

"Shh, it's ok." He whispered in my ear but that just made me sob harder.

"How can it be ok? My dad's dead and Izzy is missing. Why did they have to be taken away? What if they get you or Holly next? What if they get your family too?" I ranted as I pressed my face into his chest soaking his clean shirt. Oops.

"You have to believe everything will be ok. I know it hurts that your dad is gone and I can't say the pain will go away because it won't but eventually you'll be able to live with it. As for Izzy, don't you think I'm hurting too? She was as much mine as she was yours. I want to go with Blake and Holly to look for her but I know if I leave thousands of lives will be at risk. It is my duty to protect the people from that demon." He said as he buried his head into my hair. "We will get her back and we will be a family. Blake said wherever she is, that Rosmardin is looking after her so you should trust that she will be ok. OK?" He finished with a question and not sure what else to do so I merely nodded my head.

"OK." I whispered trying to give him a smile but I'm sure it came out more as a grimace.

"Come on Ari. Enjoy yourself for your dad. I don't think he would have liked to have seen you like this." With that he grabbed my hand and pulled me out of the bedroom.

On the way to the party, we knocked on the doors for his brothers and sisters so that we all went down together. Little Sammy practically jumped into my arms and the twins hugged into Nate and my sides. The rest of our siblings followed numbly behind.

When we reached the room there was an orchestra in the wings playing all kinds of music and the Antorians were doing all this weird dancing. Like hell I can dance like that!!! Riley, Maddox, Holly and I jsut stood on the sidelines wide eyed. Blake was sat on a chair with his leg resting upon another chair across from him moving with the music. I have no idea where my mum is. Oh wait...no way!!

Swirling round the dance floor in the arms of that old man was my mum and she actually had a smile on her face which I was relieved to see. Damn I'm surprised that old man can move that fast I always got the impression he'd pop a hip if he moved too fast.

Nate came over and asked me to dance and my response was... "...ummmm." Yeah, real decisive which he decided to take for a yes and dragged me into the middle of the room. "You do realise I don't know how to dance right?" I asked shakily.

He just smirked at me and began pulling me around the dance floor. I tried to keep up but with my two left feet it just wasn't happening. I looked like Bambi on ice which definitely wasn't a good thing.

In the end I got fed up and brought down my iPod and speakers lucky for me they are battery operated though I will have to get something to charge them up somehow cos I can't cope without my music. I thought it was hilarious when I turned on my iPod and Kesha Tik Tok came on, I immediately started jumping around along with Holly screaming out the lyrics receiving very strange looks from the Antorians. A lot of them were looking around for the source of the music and when they came across my iPod, were completely baffled. My mum just smiled at us and eventually we got Riley, Maddox and Ryan up dancing with us. Nate also reluctantly joined in but looked scandalised when we tried showing him some of the other moves. I don't think they're quite ready for earth culture yet.

"So this is what you dance like on earth?" He asked cautiously. I had given up with trying to get him to do anything other than jump around it wasn't worth the hassle I got when I started shaking my butt a bit. He looked a little tired now from all the jumping around but for me it was nothing it's just like any night out with the girls. You drink; you jump around with the girls, and pretend you actually have rhythm whilst dancing with boys. Makes me laugh the amount of time people try to teach me to dance but I can tell you it will never happen so for the most part I just jump around.

The next song came on and it was a Frank Sinatra classic that also happened to my dad's favourite but I left it on even if it did make me feel all teary eyed. "This is for you dad." I thought as Nate grabbed my hand and pulled me to him so that we could slow dance. I laid my head on his chest and sighed. It was coming to the end of the night and tomorrow I was going to lose several of my friends. I don't know, it just feels like the weight of the world is on my shoulders. I lost myself in Nate and just tried to forget about every little worry I had so that I could just enjoy being with him in his arms.

The song came to an end and I reluctantly went over and turned it off. The majority of people had already left and it was just our family and friends that stayed. I murmured goodnight to them all and allowed Nate to drag me along to our room. I was too tired to care. It had been a long day and although I felt guilty for having fun, I think the Antorians have one thing right by celebrating the dead and remembering who they were rather that the earth way of mourning and being all doom and gloom. I don't know, to me it feels like a better way to remember your loved ones.

When I got to the room I sleepily changed my clothes and then crawled into bed next to Nate. He wrapped his arms tightly around me before kissing me on my forehead. "Goodnight Ari." I faintly heard him whisper as I fell into a dreamless sleep.

The next morning I was awoke early because the sun wasn't even up. Either that or I'd slept a whole 24 hours. God I hope not. I got up out of the bed and just to annoy Nathan I ripped the bed sheets off of him but he simply grunts and rolled over. Idiot! I sighed and headed into the bathroom to have and a shower. I got changed and put on a green dress that yet again made me look like I was an extra to some Robin Hood style show. It was a white dress with grey/silver bits on it. I wish they had given me a different colour because white and I, as well as Sammy is probably not a good idea.

http://www.roxx-online.com/roxxonline/images/productPhotos/Ice%20blue%20&%20purple%20taffeta%20medieval%20dress%20267.JPG

I got fed up of waiting for Nate to wake up on his own so I pushed him off of the bed which earned me some curses. Huh...who knew he had it in him?

"Come on you need to get dressed they'll be leaving in about an hour and I want to say goodbye to them."I whined like I was a 4 year old.

"Fine. Give me a minute." Nate opened up the wardrobe and pulled out some clothes, ooh blue nice. With that he disappeared into the bathroom and re-emerged minutes later in a cloud of steam all dressed with his wet hair sticking to his head. One word, hot!! "Ok I'm ready." He said with a smirk as he met my eyes. Damn it. I will figure out how to do this mind reading thing cos this really sucks when it's a one way thing.

"Let's go then." I said with a smile. I twined my fingers with Nate's and then pulled him towards the door but he tugged on my arm so that I was pulled against him.

"They will all be safe and we will get her back." Nate said trying to reassure me but it sounded like he was trying to reassure himself. He pulled me into a kiss and for once there was no fire...no the kiss was something completely different. My hair whipped around and it felt cooler than when the kisses were made of fire. It's like the reaction of the kisses all depends on our emotions. I opened one eye to look and yup it was blue. Weird thing was that watching the blue swirling and contorting around us made me feel safe, relaxed, like everything was going to be ok.

"Come on, we have to go." I said as I reluctantly pulled away from Nate's soft lips and watched the blue surrounding us slowly recede. He was still kind of dazed from the kiss so I just dragged him towards the door. I was starting to know my way around; well I knew the route to the kitchen, which I think is the best room in the palace because there's food!!! What I wouldn't give for a KFC or a McDonald's.

We turned just before we got to the kitchen and ended up in the smaller more private dining room which

had a more rustic feel to it. The whole family was there and everyone was chatting happily as they wolfed down the food. I took a seat in between Holly and my mum, immediately piling the plate high with bacon, eggs and toast. Mmmm. We didn't really talk about anything in particular, we just talked about silly nonsense but to be honest, it didn't matter it was just nice to have everyone together.

Eventually, it got to that time. Everyone suddenly became very solemn as we glanced from one another.

"Come on H it's time." I said getting up from the table. She followed and I could see tears in her eyes. Everyone else got up from the table too and then Nate led the way back to the drawing room where Blake had drawn the symbols for the portal on our last visit. I didn't really focus on the journey I was just clinging onto Holly's hand. She was squeezing it to reassure me but damn it she's my baby sister I should be going not her but I have to be here. Damn why did I have to become queen?!!!

When we got back into the room we all lined up around the wall whilst Blake murmured the incantations to open the portal. I watched as the glowing archway form in the centre of the symbols. Everyone who was going through stepped forward. I immediately pulled Holly into a hug as tears began flowing in earnest down my cheeks. "You be good, you hear?" I whispered into her ear as I squeezed her tighter. I got a nod in return so I reluctantly let go. Next I hugged Ryan, I haven't known him long but he feels like family now but I suppose being in a life threatening situation will do that to you.

Lastly I hugged Blake. I pulled him tightly to me and whispered in his ear. "I want you to promise me you'll keep her safe." He nodded at this and pulled me tighter as my body began to convulse with sobs. I tried to lighten the mood a bit as I pulled away."You better keep her safe or I'll hunt your ass down." This got me a small chuckle. Oh yeah almost forgot. "And mister, don't take advantage of my sister" I watched as his eyebrows disappeared into his hairline. "Don't give me that look, from the way she looks at you and recently you look at her I can tell there is something there...but please for me be careful, I don't want either of you to get hurt and besides she's my baby sister it wouldn't be right if I didn't warn of the big bad boyfriend now would it." I finished with a big grin. "Just keep her safe and bring back Izzy if you can."

Blake nodded one last time before hobbling into the portal. Ryan followed and so did a few others. Holly

was just about to follow when she saw me and mum crying our eyes out so she rushed over and pulled us into one last bone crunching hug and disappeared into the portal. Not even 30 seconds after she went through the portal disappeared and my little sister was gone.

***Meanwhile on earth***

Aurora POV

I bloody hate it when the elders boss me around. Go to earth for your first charge. Blah Blah Blah. Who cares? I don't want to look after some brat and they know it. I think this is just some way to stop me being the rebellious one of the realm and considering I am royalty as well, that just means they are more determined to straighten me out.

Just then I heard a twig snap and I saw a cursed demon holding a ...baby? Oh heck no he's got my charge the filthy animal. I waited until the opportune moment and stabbed the demon with my dagger that had been enchanted by centuries of Fae elders, see how he likes that! The demons body began to slump to the ground but I caught it before I could move and swiftly took the baby from his arms.

I surveyed the bundle and frowned as I unravelled the cloth that was holding it. Well it's a girl but seriously what the hell she's not a fairy...are they messing with me?

"Who are you little one?" I asked. As if, she can't even understand me.

"

I understand you perfectly." A melodious voice said. What the hell? "My name is Isadora, an ancient and the reason you were sent here is because the Fae are part of my blood. I am Fae but also so much more." OK wow.

"Nice to meet you Isadora I am -"

"Aurora I know. You have a good soul. Rebellious...but good. We shall be good friends." She replied before she 'tuned out' It was like you could hear her disconnecting. Well that was strange. I suppose we better go to my summer home. I closed my eyes so that my wings could come out. It's so much easier doing teleport when they were visible. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes as my scarlet red wings began to beat and I felt the compression before we were standing in the living room of my not so little holiday home.

"Welcome Home Izzy.!"

© Katherine Pocock 2010

Lanjutkan Membaca

Kamu Akan Menyukai Ini

412 65 30
Sisters who were brought to a new realm facing challenges one after the other. Times become hard as they have to learn to rely on themselves as they...
Sonata Oleh Sakuranc

Pertualangan

654 18 20
This story talks about a mysterious world who appeared out of nowhere and no one knows about it. Now a group of friends are dragged into it, without...
29 2 12
In an unexpected incident, Kim meets someone who changes her life and her belief. She founds herself on a quest with a complete stranger and discover...
271 16 19
This world is of mysteries and sometimes not all mysteries are answered. This is the story of a boy and a girl who's lives get turned upside down fo...