The New Girl Has A Secret

By Chatlog

I run. I run as fast as I can, no longer worried about the constant pain of branches snapping below my naked... More

Authors Note
Introduction
Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Eleven
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Ninteen
Chapter Twenty
Chapter Twenty One
Chapter Twenty Two
Chapter Twenty Three
Chapter Twenty Four
Chapter Twenty Five
Chapter Twenty Six
Chapter Twenty Seven
Chapter Twenty Eight
MUST READ

Chapter Eighteen

12K 472 12
By Chatlog

Last one for the day
Chapter Eighteen

I have no idea where I'm going, no idea how long I'd been running and absolutely no idea if Dan had still been following. I could hear Callie's breaths behind us as we ran, so I knew she had gotten away.

"This way." Nate waves his hand, and I follow him as he takes a left. Apparently, he knows where to go. 

Maybe we can hide inside his house?

"Where are we going?" I ask, keeping my eyes on the trees and checking behind me every now and then to make sure we aren't being followed.

"To the pack house." Nate reaches for my arm. "Maybe they'll help us out."

As if I weren't going fast enough, Nate tugs me along. In the distance I could see a faint light, and the closer we got my nose was infiltrated with the smell of wet dogs.

Upon approaching the house, I notice two guys standing outside with cans in both of their hands. They must've recognized Nate because instead of taking a defensive stance as I was expecting, they threw their heads up in acknowledgement. Callie shifted back into herself, and I handed her clothes to her.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Callie muttered from behind us, as we turned our heads for her to change in peace.

"It's worth a shot..." Nate sighs, his eyes dawning into mine. For once, he seemed genuinely worried.

This is stupid. Why would the wolves even think to help us? We're vampires!

"Ready?" Callie asks. Inside I heard many voices, from young teens to early adults. They all seemed to be having a good time, playing some sort of games and laughing.

This situation had the potential to go either ways. They could completely turn on us and hold us hostage until Dan gets here, and then we'd have a slaughter house situation on our hands.

Or, they could actually help us. That seemed completely unreasonable though, especially in this world. Vampires and Werewolves just do not mix. Even Callie betrayed me. Someone I thought I could trust.

"Yeah," I let out a breath. "I'm ready." Nate grabs my hand and gives it a gentle squeeze. His touch brought me comfort, making me almost forget that I was still supposed to be upset with him. Now, the high school drama was trivial compared to what was staring us in the face. It didn't matter anymore. Now, it's about our safety.

With a breath of his own, Nate pushes the doors open. Everything went silent. The games were paused, and the laughter was cut off seemingly right in the middle of it. I hear growls coming from around the room, and I see two familiar faces approach us. I can't quite put my finger on who, but I know I've seen them before. I squeeze Nates hand as he takes a step inside, me and Callie behind him.

"What are you doing here?" The one with the black hair says, the blonde one standing beside him defensively. 

They look so familiar, why can't I remember who they are?

"We need your help." Nate says, and the blonde one chuckles.

"Nice to see you again, babe. Surprised you're still with this lowlife." The one with black hair winks at me, completely disregarding Nate's words.

Brent! That's his brother!

"You've never needed our help before." The blonde responds to Nate instead.

Did I ever learn his name?

"I know, but we can't do this alone. You remember the stories mom and dad use to tell us about Sue and Dan Jackson?" Nate says. They nod. "And Dan would chase Sue and her daughter down forever? -"

"Where are you going with this?" Brent rolls his eyes, seemingly annoyed. His whole pack had joined in around him, some standing defensively while others were curious about all of the commotion.

"Sue is Snow's mom, and Dan's her dad. He just found her and we need your help to hide her. Or stop him, either way works- we just aren't strong enough on our own," Nate's eyes were sad, frustration clear in his voice as the words rolled off his tongue.

"And who's that?" The blonde one points to Callie. 

I really need to learn his name.

He stares at her for a second before his eyes go wide. "Callie?"

"That's me." She shrugs. Brent and the blonde one burst out laughing.

"Why is she here? She can't do anything to help." Brent laughs. I look to Callie who is now infront of Brents face.

"I'm not as fragile as you think I am, Brent." She spat, looking him up and down as if he were worthless. "You don't deserve to know the real me."

I almost wanted to squeal for her, excited that she was finally done letting people walk all over her. But, I was still a little upset with her. This wasn't the time to address the problem though.

"The real you? HA! What are you? Some sort of witch?" The blonde one asks. Nate clears his throat and looks at him, shaking his head, as if telling him not to push her.

"I would show you, but I just put my clothes on." She says, which makes Brent's eyebrows raise as he looks her body up and down. I rolled my eyes at him. "You'll find out soon enough."

"What's the blonde ones name?" I whisper into Nates ear.

"Layne." He whispers back and I nod. He turns back to his brothers, "I'm fighting. And I need your help." Nate says, looking back and forth between them, a serious tone to his voice. Brent and Layne look at each other. Brent holds up one finger then turns around to everyone Inside.

"Alright everyone, we need your help." Brent claps his hands. "Remember the stories about the Sue and Dan Jackson? Well, his daughter is here, and Dan is chasing her. We don't have much time, so everyone just be ready to fight. As far as I know, he could already be on the way here."

Brent seemed to have the most pull, and Layne must be his right-hand man.

"Is he the Alpha or something?" I whisper to Nate, trying not to disturb the meeting. He nodded his head in return.

"You want us to help out a vampire?" One of his pack members speaks up in absolute disbelief.

"Yes, and her name is..." He turns to me. "Snow, right?" I nod. "This isn't a choice. If you're with me, you'll fight with me until the end. If you don't want to fight, you can go off on your own and be an Omega, but don't expect to be welcomed back with welcome arms."

No one moves.

"Alright, so its settled."

As if it couldn't get any worse, the front door makes a loud creaking sound as it slowly slides open. The two boys who were in front were no where to be seen, and their cans were spilled all over the concrete.

"Ah, so I see you found a pack to help you out?" Dans voice coo's through the house. Everyone got defensive immediately, just as he stepped through the threshold, his hands clasped together with the chilling smile never leaving his lips. "There's no need for such resilience, Snow do we really have to do this the hard way?"

"I'm not going anywhere with you!" I shout and within seconds he's in front of me with his hands on my arms. Without even thinking I pushed him away from me as hard as I could, seeing him lunge backward a few steps.

"Your stronger than I expected." He seemed impressed, and just as he continued to speak I could feel my body becoming heavy. My breathing suddenly wasn't stable anymore and I was struggling for breaths. Slowly my legs began to struggle to stay standing, and my knees felt like jelly. "But not strong enough." I felt as if I were paralyzed as my body fell limp onto the floor. I couldn't speak, I couldn't move.

What the hell did he do to me?

I try to look around as my vision gets slower and fuzzier.

"Get him!" I hear someone scream. Nate's in my face now. He attempts to pick me up but then gets tackled by a wolf, sending him flying.

Nate! Someone help me!

Why can't you hear me?! Help!

My vision became blurry, I could hear loud yelps and growls coming from all directions. Callie was a wolf again, and the pack was all fighting against the more and more people who came flooding in. I could hear Nate calling my name, but I could do nothing.

Darkness took over my vision, and the only sound I could make out was white noise.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

663K 17.7K 29
17. That's how old I am today. It's about time too. I was getting sick of being 16. I hear a low rumble being emitted from my chest. I run towards th...
579K 13.4K 40
|HAS BEEN REWRITTEN| She was kind. He was heartless. She saw the good in everyone despite her past. He saw nothing but hatred for others because of...
1.6K 557 49
Baze, the first known vampire witch hybrid, is trying to navigate her abilities. It can be hard navigating her abilities when she is overwhelmed with...
12M 575K 127
[COMPLETE] Some bonds can't be broken, even in death. -- He couldn't endure another heartbreak. "Accepting her would be a mistake," he said. "She's a...