My Life As Emmalyn

By lystrandra

(formerly known as My Bad Boy Stepbrother) This is not a romance where the nerd falls in love with the bad bo... More

My Bad Boy Stepbrother
I'm finally a high schooler!
Eastly the Beastly
Escaping from the Wrath of an Older Brother...
LUNCHTIME
Evil minions
Meet my lovely godfather
Bonding time
Rumors, gossip, drama.
Rumors begone
Stupid overprotective brother
Mr. Hot Ass
An Unexpected Surprise
Another chance
What started as a good day
Boss
Forgiveness
Pencils are dangerous weapons
A/N
Worrywart
Bloody Mary
Hospitals suck
Visitors!
Home sweet home
Birthdays
What the...
Lies?
Hangout
Don..
Patience is Key
Drop it
Beaches vs. Bitches
A New Chapter
A Plan in Motion
Cupcakes
Hugs & Kisses
A/N!!!
Firsts
Last
A/n
The moment you have all been waiting for (well some of you)

My first date...

56.5K 1.6K 537
By lystrandra

Two months later.

I quit cheer near the end of September. Oh, the horror! I ran for student body leadership, Freshmen President, and I won. That's why I quit. Otherwise, cheer would have conflicted. It's not like I missed cheer anyways. Almost everyone on Varsity were snobs. I was able to be football manager full-time! Cheer wasn't worth it compared to football manager.

Did I forget to mention how all the students are still major suck-ups to me? Yeah, since I am freaking related to the Jason Carter. I scoff at that every time. Two-faced people. They all want to get onto Jason's good side. I'm actually kind of scared of the power the guys have....now that I think about it...They somehow have the power to charm even the teachers...

Jason gave me another bet since I didn't follow through with this one. Yes, he was the one I lost my bet with so I had to do cheerleading. The alternative he created? I had to be his servant until he graduated. I just had to do his laundry (ew), make him food, and pretty much do everything the lazy ass doesn't feel like doing. It's fine...He cut down four years to one. What was the bet? We bet who would win the Super Bowl. I rooted for the San Francisco 49ers. He bet on Ravens. I lost. It was a sad sad day.

You remember Alex? Mr. Hot Ass has still been plaguing my mind. I know. It's been a month! I have been texting/calling him a lot. I can't help it. He's just soo yummy.  The guy is freaking attractive, smart, funny, and charming. I think I may have the slightest chance with him. I hope I do. I mean, he does talk to me as often as I do to him. Oh gosh, the girly part of me is surfacing. I mentally shove it back down.

Still, I think there is something fishy about him. He never talks about his personal life. It's odd, but whenever the topic starts going to his friends or family, he switches the topic. He hasn't even told me his full name. I don't really know him, just his interests, hobbies, and etc., I guess that's still something. I'm not one to pry, so I don't push it. I just find it weird. We have the oddest conversations about just anything but himself. I know he is a senior, plays football, works out at the gym, hates anchovies, likes to play the guitar, and is an only child. School? Carriger High, my football team's rivals. Their team is almost as great as ours. Almost, but not quite. 

I don't go around snooping (maybe I should). I could probably figure out who he is if I asked around at Carriger. Speaking of which, we had a game today against them at their school. I might actually see him? He's hot, so he must be popular? Oh gosh, now I sound like those annoying girls.

I trust him somehow, enough to talk about myself freely. It's a gut feeling. He's a good guy, even with his secrets.

"Em? Earth to Em?" A hand waves in front of me.

I snap back to reality. "Huh? What?"

"Is something wrong?" Jarod and Cody say together, looking at me worriedly.

"It's creepy how you guys say the same things sometimes." I shudder.

"Stop changing the topic." They say in unison again.

"It's nothing." I wave my hand at them.

"Uh-huh," they look unconvinced. 

"Almost every other day you space out. Now, it's at lunch. Lunch is your favorite time of the day." Cody notices.

"C'mon, we've known you since you were in Kindergarten. Spill." Jarod scoots closer to me.

"You guys, stop worrying. It's nothing." I push Jarod away. "I swear, you guys are so emotional."

"We care for you." Jarod scoots back next to me.

"Yeah. I swear, it's nothing. Let it go." I was getting irritated.

"I mean, who are you texting so much?" Cody picks up on little things.

"What do you mean? It's Jason, you two, Aaron, and the other guys." Has he been watching me?

"Okay then," they feel me putting up my walls. It's not like I'm doing this on purpose. It's just that they'd misunderstand. Alex is older, and they don't even know him. I get up and leave our table. "Guys, I'll talk to you later?"

"Em--"

"--it's fine." I sigh. I take my phone out and text Alex.

Hey Alex.

Hey.

You playing in the game against us tonight?

Yeah.

Get ready to lose :P

Right. I think you should be the one preparing for your loss ;)

Wanna bet? I love gambling. It's reckless and risky, but that's why I love it.

Gladly.

If you lose, you have to go out with me...I pause. Should I send it? What if he flat-out rejects it? Maybe I'm coming on too strong?

If I win, I'll buy you dinner after the game.

Wait, did he just type that? My eyes widen. I stare at the phone, not believing what I was reading. Was I reading too much into it? Perhaps he wants a simple dinner with me, as friends.

I think I was taking forever. He calls me instead. I automatically answer it out of habit.

"Uh, we can change the bet if you want." His voice sounded a little unsure.

"No, I'm fine with it." I say eagerly. I cringe. Too eager?

"Oh, great," he sighs out of relief.

"Is--" I gulp, "Is this a date?" I dare not hope.

The line goes silent. "I would like it to be..."

"Okay," I grow excited. "I'll see you tonight? You do know I'll be managing the team in the sidelines?"

"Yeah," I can hear him grinning. His tone suddenly grows serious. "Emmalyn, don't assume things tonight, alright?"

"What do you mean?" I was confused.

"Just," he sounds conflicted, "Don't believe everything you see or hear. Can you promise me that?"

"Sure, I'll try." I reassure. We end the call afterwards. I'm just so pumped to see him. I already see him on weekends though when we both work out at the gym.

"Why are you grinning like that? It's freaky." Jason pops out of nowhere behind me.

"GAH!" I instinctively turn around, swinging my arm as I turn. I stop my fist from punching his nose only one inch away, not that I needed to. He covered my fist already with his hand.

"Whoa there," Jason steps back. "Control yourself."

I glare. "You scared me."

"So..why were you smiling like a creepy ax murderer?"

"I was NOT!" I huffed.

"Right, and I'm the queen of England," he replies.

"I was excited for the game!" I lie. "Aren't you?"

"Yeah, I'll get back at Xannon this year." He smirks.

"Xannon? Who is he?"

"Remember the guy who gave me the concussion?" He glances at me. "The one I got in a fight with? The quarterback of Carriger?"

"Ohhhh," I nod in understanding.

"Don will be pissed if you get in a fight again. He won't bail you out this time if you fight Xannon. You might even be betched, so you will lose your scholarships." I wave a finger at him. "It's not about revenge. Plus, the reason you got in the fight in the first place was stupid. "

"Do you not know what the team has done? The pranks?" Jason was quickly becoming angry. "Is getting beat up and injured a good enough excuse to fight?"

"That doesn't mean you have to retaliate." I narrow my eyes at him. "Have you still been fighting?"

"Do you not trust me?" He snaps at me.

"You didn't answer my questions," I fire back.

"They weren't the stupid fights like before." He evades.

I yell in exasperation. "I'll stop you if I have to!"

"Don't you dare." He stares at me, trying to make me back down.

I stare back.

So begins our staring match, and I am not backing down.

My eyes begin to burn and dry up. I see that Jason is not faring any better.

BAM! Our foreheads collide.

"OW!" We wince, turning to look at the perpetrator.

"What the hell was that for?" We shout together at Drake.

"Did you see you two?" He shakes his head. "C'mon, you two were having a freaking staring match! You are both in high school!"

"SO?" Both of us getting angry at him.

"Ugh!" He groans. "Do what you will." He walks off.

I harrumph and turn on my heels. "I'll see you later Jason."

**

 "C'MON GUYS! GO! GO! GO!" I scream as loud as I could. The game went to overtime with 31-31.  "REYNOLDS! PAY ATTENTION!" I spot Wayne winking at one of the cheerleaders. Now was not the time for him to be flirting. As much as I wanted to go on that date with Alex, I wanted our team to win more and win semi-finals.

They were trying to kick a field goal. I cross my fingers. "Score, score, score, score..." I chant.

"YES!" I whoop, jumping on the back of the closest person to me, who happens to be Don. I didn't care.

I look around for Alex. Yes, I know. My team just won semifinals and I'm not congratulating my team. I''l do it later. I haven't seen Alex at all. It's really difficult to determine which guy is him on the field. They all look the same in their uniforms and helmets. Plus, I have been busy watching the game, giving water and towels, and doing errands.

I think I spot Alex, who is taking off his helmet. Should I run, or should I wait until after I congratulate the team? I mull over the decision. Congratulate first.

I crawl off Don's back and run to Jason. "GOOD JOB!" I leap and hug him, ignoring the nasty stink coming from him.

"Where's our hugs?" The team pouts.

I laugh. "C'MERE!" I hug as many as I can, getting dizzy from the smells. Yuck. I think the grass and dirt was getting on me. Oh well, I was wearing Jason's jersey.

"I CAN'T BREATHE!" I yell dramatically. "Go and change." I shoo them away.

I run quickly to the other side of the field, looking for Alex. I swear he was just here. I was keeping an eye out for him. It was a sea of brown and gold, the Carriger Cougar's colors. Our colors were maroon and black. Oh, there he was! He was chatting with a bunch of his teammates in a circle.

"Alex!" I wave.

He spots me, walking over to me.

"Good game. That was a close one." I say politely.

"Yeah, we were so close to whooping your asses." He groans.

"It was still a good game." I smile. "So about that bet..."

"Oh yeah, you never said your part." He remembers.

"Well," I blush. "Want to still go to the dinner together?"

"You sure?" He raises an eyebrow. "Okay. Let me freshen up. I'll meet you right outside." He turns back around.

I nod. His last name was on his jersey. Korvynn. Korvynn? That name seems oddly familiar. I racked my brain as I walked to the parking lot.  Where had I heard that name? Aha! Xannon Korvynn, the dude Jason hated. What a coincidence that Alex has the same last name.

I remembered to text Jason that I was going with a friend out to dinner after the game. He's fine with it. I text the twins. Alex was taking a little longer than I expected. There was almost no one left in the parking lot except for a few cars.

"Let's go. Sorry for the wait." I see Alex comes out. He looks nice as always, wearing a white shirt, black jeans, and black leather jacket. His v-neck shows off his nice torso. Plus, those black jeans bring out that ass of his. He smelled like heaven too. Oh, I hope I wasn't drooling. I was embarassed he looked hot, and I looked...not. I was wearing denim skinny jeans, Jason's jersey tucked in, and black Dr. Martens. I hadn't changed since this morning, and I forgot about dressing nice. Crap. I must look a mess now. I sniffed myself real quickly, hoping that I didn't smell like the team's stink since I hugged all of them. Nope, I smelled my paris amour lotion. (I did not like perfume. It irritated my eyes. Also, a lot of girls spray on gallons of them.)

"What are you doing?" He chuckled.

"Nothing," I stammered, growing red. I grab his arm and say, "Let's go!"

We head over to his car. It was a '96 Dodge Viper GTS, his pride and joy. The guy would go on and on about it. I knew nothing about cars, but I had to admit it looked like a sweet ride.

"Ladies first," he smirks, opening the door for me.

"Why thank you," I laugh, sitting inside. He closes it and walks over to the driver's side. Then, I spot Jason yelling and coming over. Huh? What was going on? I watch to my horror as he punches Alex in the jaw. Alex leans against the car, rubbing his jaw.

"HEY! WHAT'S YOUR PROBLEM!" I scramble out of the car and between them.

Thanks, Jason. You just ruined my first date...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A/N HEY WATTPADIANS :) SHOULD I DO JASON'S OR ANOTHER CHARACTER'S POV!? HOW YOU GUYS/GIRLS LIKING THE STORY?

LEAVE A COMMENT :D

VOTE ;] if u want lol

TBH I didn't think the story would turn out so well 700+ READS! OMG. I just started it out of the blue since I just wanted to write something. I know 700 isn't  A LOT when other stories have 1M! Still, I don't expect much. I'm just SUPER GLAD people are reading this.

THANKS SO MUCH.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 39.9K 37
"What?!" Nick screams at his mom. "I said, you'll be living with your step brother from now on." His mother repeats. Nick shakes his head furiously...
2.4K 21 31
Cole and I grew up together went to the same school, he was popular football player that all the girls wanted and I was a theatre geek, we never cros...
318K 8.6K 23
Everyone knows Shelly Summers as the schools typical nerd, with dorky glasses. Who wears lose shirts and sweatpants to school, tying her hair in a me...
14.1K 1.1K 43
He is a ruthless, invincible, notorious bad boy who is broken with indiscreet, volatile emotions, hiding a dark secret. She is a compassionate, inno...