Like Minds IV - Journey to En...

By MicheSpade

Nigel is finally back at his wielder, Alex, and they are preparing to go back to England - so they can finall... More

Chapter one - First night together
Chapter two - Back to home
Chapter three - Hallucinations
Chapter four - She's gone, Nigel
Chapter five - Fake passports
Chapter six - Cutlery
Chapter seven - Convince me
Chapter eight - Criminals
Chapter nine - Saved by a hair's length
Chapter ten - "Nightmare"
Chapter eleven - Visiting
Chapter twelve - Salvation
Chapter Fourteen - Power of the mind
Chapter fifteen - Mutilation
Chapter sixteen - We're going home
Chapter seventeen - For eternity?

Chapter thirteen - Long past visiting time

78 4 8
By MicheSpade

Alex:

Alex opened his eyes, gasping for breath as he got up, and with his hair all messy and his forehead all sweaty he gazed around the room. His cheeks were all read, and his abdomen hurt like hell because of this sudden movement. What'd just happened? His eyes were now fixed upon Nigel's. He'd popped up at the exact same time as he did, and gazed around with the same confused stare. Alex placed his hand on his abdomen, groaning softly from pain. They both laid separated, were fully dressed, and the book still laid on the spot of Alex his lap where he'd put it on as he'd explained about the painting in it. His stare changed now. Confusement was readable from his face, and he stared rather awkward at Nigel - wondering if he perhaps knew what happened.

It had all been just a dream. Nevertheless it hadn't been just a dream that haunted through Alex his head. No. Nigel had dreamed exactly the same, and woke at the exact same time on the exact same way like Alex did. They sure had done intercourses, but all through the mind while sleeping - having a connection together and apparently sharing their fantasies like that unknowingly, or whatsoever. Sadly enough Alex didn't knew that, not yet at least, so he felt incredibly embarrassed, and suddenly felt more bad then ever - realizing Nigel never said these words to him he wanted him to.

His eyes dropped down on his underpants now - though he couldn't see it because of the blankets that covered it up - and he realized how there was something different. Something wet...

He placed his hands upon his forehead now, cursing the Gods and everything around in his head by the fact he'd really imagined it himself, and managed to get his climax during his sleep. But then again, he didn't knew Nigel had overcome exactly the same.

Nigel:

He looked Alex in the eyes when he said he loved him too and smiled, - mostly because he finally seemed to have figured out what love was even about. But then something happened to - in this case litteraly - spoil the dream. Alex' eyes turned brown right in front of him and the smile fell away from Nigel's face immediatly. Just as he was about to scream and push Alex' away from him he suddenly found himself opening his eyes - though he could swear they were open already - and he found himself in quite another position. He was still on his back, but there was no Alex on top of him. Instead there was only a book, which Alex placed on his lap before.

He looked at Alex in confusal.. He saw he was confused as well, but that didn't mean anything. Not yet at least. In fact Nigel was mostly just worried that Alex had seen his dream, and felt disgusted by it or something.. And at the end.. those eyes. He shivered and got up, only vaguelly aware that the doctor was scolding at him for laying down in a patients bed.

"I'm sorry," he mumbled, though he really didn't mean it. He was in fact too busy realising he actually climaxed as well, and was only gratefull it didn't show through his jeans.

"- It's already long past visiting time anyway, young man!" the doctor said, Nigel just stared at him entirely dumbfounded. "I..- I fell asleep."

Alex:

It was weird how Alex thought exactly the same right now. He didn't dared to look in Nigel his mind, afraid that he might had seen his dream, and felt embarrassed as soon as Nigel gazed at him. He had the luck no one could see he had reached his climax either, but what if he would stand up?

Why did Nigel stared at him like that? Had he in fact seen everything what he'd dreamt. Nothing was a secret in Alex his head, not for Nigel, so it was practically just possible he had peeked at him. What had he even done during his sleep?

'I have to go to the bathroom,' Alex said abruptly - not even bothered to ask it. He just had to go to the bathroom whether they let him or not. He pressed himself up, not caring about the pain from his abdomen, and tried his best to keep his balance as he stood with both feet on the cold floor.

'Mr. Anderson-'

'Not now,' Alex muttered as he passed him.

'Mr. Anderson, are you alright?' You shouldn't go by your own, I can see you're in-'

'Great,' Alex interrupted. '..now just- Be right back.'

'I have to give your medication strict at-'

'Later!'

Before Alex disappeared in the bathroom, he'd thrown a quick glance toward Nigel, sending the clear words: "I'm sorry" to toward his mind - not sure why he did that. Probably a sort of excuse for his weird behavior right now, and for if Nigel had indeed seen his dream. He had no idea how to explain about that. It had seemed so real also, strangely enough.

As he finally took place on he toilet, he dropped his face in his hands, trying to steady himself and realize what'd just happened.

'I just wanted to tell Mr. Anderson some great news,' the doctor suddenly broke the silence quite awkward. He walked up to Nigel - smiling assuring - and stared down at the books on the drawer together with the muffins. A soft chuckle escaped his throat. 'You brought some salvation,' he remarked then. 'History... 13th century.. Knight Templars.' A rather suspicious smirk crossed his lips that was even a bit frightening, perhaps. It looked too much created, if that was even the right word for it. 'Bannockburn.' He inhaled and nodded softly.

'Anyway, there's still good news for Mister Anderson. He seems to be very stable, though I wonder what just happened.' He stood at Nigel's side now, looking down at him while writing something on his clapboard. 'Laying comfortable?'

Nigel:

He opened his mouth to offer Alex to help him to the bathroom but he wouldn't hear from it even from the doctor. He just dissapeared right around the corner.

He followed Alex' with his eyes for as long as he could and got even more confused at hearing the comment in his head in which he apologized. Was he apologizing for listening on that dream? ... Either way Alex didn't quickly apologize like that, usually.

He forced himself to look back at the doctor when he spoke to him, though.

"Good news?" he repeated rather awkwardly. He gave the books a quick glance as well when the doctor mentioned them, but in the end he paid more attention to the doctor's expression. Was it just him or was there something hidden behind that smirk? Like it meant something to him..

"You're.. familiar with it?"

He looked back up at the doctor and nodded his head quickly, smiling, though with some effort. "That's indeed good news. Thank you doctor. How long do you think he'll be in here?"

He didn't answer to the part where the doctor wondered what just happened. He wasn't entirely sure himself either, and he sure as hell wouldn't share his own experience. Due to all this he forgot he was still laying on Alex' bed, though, and he felt quite awkward at the question..- which was probably the doctor's point, - so he quickly stood up and got off the bed.

"I'm sorry."

Alex:

There Alex sat, staring in front of him highly embarrassed while trying to realize what just happened. He bit down on his lower lip. All he could hope now was that Nigel hadn't see it. He clenched his teeth, thinking about Nigel his words he'd say in his dream. I love you, repeated in his head on the exact same way Nigel had muttered against his lips. Medication. He could blame that for his dream whenever Nigel would ask about it - not that such thing as medication used to give this kind of dreams. In fact, he didn't even know.

'Good news,' the doctor answered. His hand reached out for the book that laid on Nigel his lap, and without asking he took it - flapping it open at some kind of page, acting like he was interested in it. 'No,' he answered then - quite dryly. 'I heard of it, once, but this doesn't interests me.' He threw it back on the mattress again as soon as Nigel got up and stared back at his clapboard.

'Just some more days, probably. Not much. I guess four days. Less then a week, at least.'

As Nigel got up, the doctor pursed his lips and smirked crooked, shaking his head as he pushed him back on the mattress what made Nigel's back collide with it.

'No, don't be. You don't have to be sorry. No one will punish you for laying in a hospital bed. These chairs can be horrible whenever you sit on them for that long, and since you're practically all the time here when ever you're allowed...'

The doctor didn't finished his sentence, and just bent over to crush his lips upon Nigel's quite urgently, just as Alex opened the bathroom door, entering the room again.

Nigel:

"That's great to hear, thank you."

It was great to hear. Perhaps his weird hallucinations could dissapear again when Alex was back on his side. He pursed his lips, though, when the doctor said it didn't interest him. Of course, he couldn't imagine how it could not be interesting.

Nigel just partened his lips to make a comment about it, when suddenly the doctor pushed him back on the bed. His breath was knocked out of his lungs and before Nigel had any time to adjust or realise what was going on the doctor bent over him and crushed his lips on his. Nigel's face pulled together in disgust but also, once again, fear. He grunted and tried to push the doctor off him, kicking him against his legs but he was pretty much pinned to the bed..

He could hear the door open too then, realizing Alex must have just come in. And though his fear got mixed with humiliation over this he was grateful Alex was there to defend him. The doctor seemed to be distracted by Alex' entrance too, though, so Nigel managed in that moment to push him off of him.

Alex:

The doctor putt more pressure upon their lips now, and pinned him against the bed by his wrists to keep Nigel from struggling against that. Alex walked up to the bed again, seeing what was going on between the two, but didn't say anything - as if he again couldn't see a thing like he hadn't in the dream.

'Sorry,' Alex sighed while walking back to the familiar side of his bed. 'I didn't feel so right suddenly. But I'm okay now.'

In fact, we all know that it would be inhuman and impossible if Alex didn't see what was going on between the two, and it was unrealistic if Alex didn't got mad, but Alex really didn't see anything abnormal. The doctor wasn't bent over Nigel his body, the book hadn't move from his lap, and the doctor still stood some meters away from them - gazing out of the window while muttering some things about the grams of Alex his medication, probably.

Alex smiled lightly as he saw Nigel, but as soon as he realized he was still in some kind of shock and tried to push something away that wasn't there, he frowned pressed his lips and thought back about his dream again. Christ, had he scared him that bad?

'Nigel,' Alex whispered 'What's wrong?' Alex extended his arm to touch his shoulder, and startled as the doctor suddenly stood right behind him. The doctor extended his arm as well now, pressing it against Nigel his forehead. 'Son, you have a fever. Are you alright?'

All that Nigel thought just happened, had not. Nigel had hallucinated it, once again.

Nigel:

He looked up at Alex quickly, but he was just pinned back against the bed again and Alex did nothing. Panick struck Nigel and he couldn't believe nor fathom what was happening.

"Alex!?" he cried in fear and disbelief, - not even using his fake name now. But the moment he did the doctor was suddenly gone, or at least, standing far away from him.. and it was like nothing was going on. Like he'd just imagined it after all.

He looked at Alex with widened eyes of fear and confusion. It was all so real. He could feel it. What the hell was happening to him?

"I..- I was..-" he stammered, out of breath. But then the doctor came closer and touched his forehead, - and Nigel automaticly jerked away from the touch and jumped out of the bed.

"Don't! Don't touch me!"

He backed off quickly, clearly in fear of his life of the doctor, for some reason. When his back hit the wall he slided down against it and curled up on the ground. hiding his face in his hands as he tried to steady himself.

Alex:

Alex searched for Nigel his eyes, seeing how his back arched and how he jumped out of the bed as if they were about to struggle him. Alex startled, stumbling backwards while staring down at Nigel his body - seeing how he backed off, collided against the wall and slid down it as if he'd just been sentenced to death. Was this all because of Alex his dream? Had it been such crime to have fantasies like that?

Alex clenched his teeth, highly offended, and walked toward him - grabbing his shoulders as he crouched next to him. His abdomen hurt like hell, but all he could think of right now was Nigel his stupid behavior.

'Christ Nigel,' he hissed, grabbing his chin and lifting it so he would stare at him. He said it softly enough so it wouldn't be audible for the doctor. 'I knew you could act like a jerk, but this definitely overtops everything. Just because of a fucking dream.' Pun, again, but he couldn't laugh about it. 'Manner yourself.'

Alex pulled Nigel up now, staring at him with his eyes narrowed - thinking this was all because of his dream he just had - and pressed his lips while heading back to his bed. 'I think Mister Curtis should go.' He swallowed and took place back on the bed, pulling the bedsheets over his head while closing his eyes. After some seconds he opened his mouth again. 'John didn't leave yet.' Another silence. 'I'm waiting.'

The doctor stared at him, and held his clapboard in front of his face now - looking over it to Nigel with this confused fascial expression. After inhaling deeply, he frowned.

'Okay...' he muttered then. 'I think I'm going to get Nurse Cora. You seem a bit upside down, Son. It'll be alright. It's probably just the excitement of all that happened these days.'

Nigel:

He looked up at Alex' eyes when Alex forced him to, - hoping to find comfort there. But instead Alex told him something that confused him even more. So Alex had been watching. And he thought it was about that.

"N..-" he wanted to deny it, explain what really was going on. But he couldn't get anything out of his throat anymore, and Alex already pulled him back up on his feet even though he felt he could fall through them again any second now. Even more panick rushed through him when Alex said he had to leave. Not just because Alex had misunderstood but also because he didn't want to be alone.. especially not with the doctor.

When he reached out to him Nigel just backed off again, swallowing away the lump in his throat. Hallucination or not, hell no he wasn't going with him. The doctor finally seemed to realise this and picked up his pager, summoning for Cora.. She was close, luckily so she was there in a moment.

"Cora will you please escort mister Curtis to room 27B and give him something to calm him down? I'm not sure of what, but it seems he's catatonic."

Cora studied Nigel's appearance quickly and nodded worriedly, hurrying over to him to take his arm and pull him along. "Come on, John, right this way." Nigel appeared to be willing to trust Cora and he walked along with her, turning once more to meet Alex' eyes but he was turned away from him. He felt near breaking now and the only thing making him come along was the fact that Cora would give him something, and he was hoping that, whatever it was, it could make the hallucinations go away.

Alex:

Alex couldn't find any effort to help Nigel right now, neither could he realize how Nigel could put up such stupid behavior. Instead of reacting on any of Nigel his attempts to get Alex his attention back, he buried his face in his pillow - realized how it smelled like Nigel, what he desperately liked, but hated at the moment. He didn't want to give in to that right now.

As Nigel got escorted away, Alex put away the blankets again - peeking around to see if Nigel really left.

'Is everything alright now?' the doctor asked rather slowly - as a way to perhaps get something out of him. He of course wondered himself what the hell was going on.

'I'm fine,' Alex answered emotionlessly. 'Just couldn't stand his presence anymore.'

Another nurse came in. The doctor threw her a tough glance, as if he tried to make her aware by that that Alex was a little bit hard to deal with at the moment. The nurse smiled, nodding just once as a sign she would deal with it properly, and the doctor left after giving her the clapboard. Just before he left, he'd told Alex some about his presence, that he could go home some these days but that he should not to move that much because of the stitches. It could be dangerous. After that, the nurse gave him some painkillers, hoping it would make him feel at least a bit better.

Nigel got escorted to room 27B like said - some departments away from this one. As soon as he arrived there, Cora dressed him a bed and told him to get some rest after she gave him some water and a medicine that would help him with the fever and his panic attack. They would do some test the other day, checking if there might be something wrong. As soon as that day arrived, they did the tests, and they got the results, Nigel got send "home" again. There was nothing to worry about, but he wasn't allowed to visit Alex today - thinking that would might encourage his fever and such again. They found out it was probably all because of the stress - and in fact they found it better if Alex would finally get himself the rest he needed. Somehow Alex always woke whenever Nigel arrived, as if he felt his presence.

Alex hadn't slept much that night. He wondered what the hell went on that day, and what his dream had been all about. He felt embarrassed, and insulted by the way Nigel had act. Without being so positive and happy all the time, Alex had just laid on his hospital bed - attempting to read his books, but could never read more then the first page. The only thing he did was staring, staring at it with this empty glance, and that was his live until the day he could finally leave the hospital again.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

835K 32.8K 44
Being a single dad is difficult. Being a Formula 1 driver is also tricky. Charles Leclerc is living both situations and it's hard, especially since h...
945K 39.9K 81
Maddison Sloan starts her residency at Seattle Grace Hospital and runs into old faces and new friends. "Ugh, men are idiots." OC x OC
975K 32.4K 60
๐’๐“๐€๐‘๐†๐ˆ๐‘๐‹ โ”€โ”€โ”€โ”€ โi just wanna see you shine, 'cause i know you are a stargirl!โž ๐ˆ๐ ๐–๐‡๐ˆ๐‚๐‡ jude bellingham finally manages to shoot...
1.5M 51.4K 66
In which the reader from our universe gets added to the UA staff chat For reasons the humor will be the same in both dimensions Dark Humor- Read at...