Chapter seventeen - For eternity?

Alex:

Alex had absently stared at the road in front of him, keep moving his hand without saying a word. He thought all that just happened again, wondering why on earth Joseph would make such a bother about the two of them. It was fated after all. Destined, meant to be. Alex inhaled deeply as Nigel suddenly placed his head upon his shoulder. His belly tickled, his fingers clenched tighter around the car its wheel, and he pursed his lips as he inhaled sharply through the nose - not trying to give in to the feeling just yet. Nevertheless, as soon as he stood still in front of a traffic light, his eyes dropped upon Nigel his appearance. He smiled, just briefly, and had the desperate desire to nuzzle up against him, folding his arms around him to fall asleep with his head resting upon his bare chest after. Only he couldn't. 'Shall I park the car somewhere?' he muttered then - still moving his hand slowly over Nigel his thigh. He pressed his lips again, glancing at the time and realizing it wasn't that late yet. In contrary, it was around two past morning. Still afternoon. 'Never mind. Try to get some sleep. I'll keep on driving till seven or so, and then we'll get us a hotel, okay?' He didn't expect to get an answer, so he simply just drove further, tapping Nigel his thigh for one last time and grabbing the wheel after again with both of his hands.

Nigel:

Nigel didn't actually form any words as an answer but he did hum in protest when Alex suggested to park somewhere. He didn't want it to take longer than it had to.. He didn't explain, though, because in the next seconds he was gone, - of into his dreams. He was proven right, - he did sleep better with Alex near. Or well.. better.. he slept at least, even though his dreams were still remotely disturbing. Luckily it didn't show on his face. He just looked rather peacefull as he slept, - like he did most of the time. The only thing that may have betrayed it was his hand suddenly moving up in his sleep and clenching around the fabric of the bottom of Alex' shirt, rather tightly. He held still for the rest of the drive, though, - when they got to the hotel hours later Nigel was still fast asleep, even as Alex pulled over. It took several callings and shakes of his arm for Nigel to finally open his eyes again and look at Alex rather sleepdeprived and disorientated. He parted his lips when he met Alex eyes and only when he repeated they had arrived at the hotel he understood he had to get up and get out, at which he nodded slowly and removed himself from Alex' shoulder. "Feels like I was out for only a minute,"- Nigel explained then, closing the zipper from his jacket. "Let's go."

Alex:

As predicted, Nigel fell asleep after some seconds finishing his sentences. Alex didn't care, though. He just kept on driving and enjoyed the way of having someone laying closely against his shoulder - even though it started to feel a bit painful after some hours. His shoulder practically fell asleep as well. They both had lots of luck with the fact they were allowed to drive here from their sixteenth, and that they didn't got checked. Honestly, Alex hadn't see a cop just yet - for the best, probably. He had no idea whether Nigel was wearing his seatbelt or not. Sometimes he'd looked down, looking at Nigel his hands - seeing how he clenched his fingers around the fabric of his shirt - and smiled for just some seconds, realizing how the littlest things still impressed him these days. They were really back together. As they arrived at the hotel, Alex parked his car and turned himself to Nigel - brushing his hand through his hair while getting amused by his way of sleeping. He was still that innocent boy from the beginning, after all these years. Just how Alex could remember him. He smiled as he bend over a bit, and pulled Nigel his arm lightly to wake him up. 'Nigel, wake up. We're there.' Nevertheless there came no response, and even after shaking his shoulders for a while he didn't seem to wake. Luckily Alex saw he was breathing, otherwise he would've panicked the crap out of himself. After some time he finally managed it to wake him up. His blue eyes were tiny now, narrowed because of the lanterns shining all around them and probably still by tiredness. 'Finally,' he sighed, grinning afterwards. 'I thought you wouldn't wake anymore.' Alex smirked at Nigel his commend, and rolled his eyes as he closed the zipper of his jacket as well now. 'My shoulder thinks quite the opposite.' Groaned softly - obviously faked - and moved his arm while searching for Nigel his eyes again. 'I have no idea whether we can pay for this or not, but I stole someone his wallet during my way to your hotel room, so we'll see.'