Chapter two - Back to home

Nigel:

His dream - again - was anything but pleasant.. He dreamt he was strapped to a silver table and attached to the kind of machine that provided the electroschoktherapy last time. But this time it wasn't doctor Harmon standing at it's operating lever. It was Grace. Just as she lowered the level a shock moved through his body, waking him up roughly. He gasped for air as soon as his eyes flashed open and he sat up within a second, looking around for Alex or, otherwise, potential threat..

Alex:

Alex wasn't there to catch Nigel up as he woke in shock. He wasn't there to wrap his arms around him, telling everything was just fine, and he wasn't there to thumb through his hair or pressing his lips against the side of his head - neither being there to just get up in shock as well, groaning and humming what on earth was happening like he once did in the past. Nigel just sat there, being perfectly alone.

Nigel:

"Alex?" he whispered, looking around him. There was no one there. He was all alone.. He half expected another note to lay near, but that wasn't there either. An awfull feeling sunk into his stomach like bricks. What if it had all been a dream too? .. But no, then how did he get here? .. Or did he just imagine it.

"Jack!?" he yelled now, in panick, getting up as quickly as he could, practicly tripping over the sheets of the bed before he was able to run to the livingroom. "JACK!?"

Alex:

Alex slowly threw the bathroom door shut as he stepped out of it, and before he even knew it he suddenly heard Nigel calling his name. He seemed to be in panic. While struggling with his zipper tapped toward the bedroom - meeting Nigel already halfway the living room, or whatever it was - he looked around in panic.

'Holy shit, what's wrong?' As soon as he got his zipper closed he walked up to Nigel, grabbing his shoulders while forcing him to look at him. 'Jeez, are you alright? I was just going to the bathroom- What happened.'

If Alex had actually used his - in the past - functional brain, he could've already guessed it by himself. Nigel obviously woke with the fear of being left alone since Alex was suddenly gone - and he'd promised him to stay with him till the dawn would break.

Nigel:

Nigel froze up when he saw Alex in front of him and his breath stocked in his throat when Alex grabbed his shoulders, disabling him from speaking. Finally he burried his hands and face into Alex' chest and after a few seconds his shoulders suddenly started shaking. He was laughing silently now to relieve himself. It must be a strange sight for Alex, he realised that, but he couldn't help himself either. He was experiencing something he'd never experienced before: His body forcing him to laugh to relief the unnecessary stress he just had.

When he looked back at Alex he tried hard to stop himself from laughing, and for a moment he succeeded by pressing his lips together, but when he saw Alex' confused expression he just burst into laughter again and hugged him.