[UN] LOST {Bucky Barnes}

By _wayward_barnes_

"I'm not looking to be found, just want to feel un lost" Alex Zeller, Tony Starks new assistant, has a huge s... More

[un] lost {Bucky Barnes}
1. AC/DC
3.missions
4. Dead inside
5. 365 days
6. Esc.
7. Take this to your grave
8. Smithsonian
9. Subway
10. Bitter, broken, me.
11. Bastille and coldplay
12. Damon
13. Classic
14. Barbershop quartet
15. Finding Dori
16. Farm house
17. The Bartons
18. Little people
19. A-sshole
20. Odinsons third son
21. Trust issues
22. Hydra base part 1
23. Hydra base part 2
24. Aftermath
thank you!
Sequel??
Because I Had You - Sequal
Tagged in a tag

2. Mr stark?

66.1K 1K 1.1K
By _wayward_barnes_

WARNING: DEATH

~EDITED~

I woke up. After shooting myself in the head. Of course I'd wake up, why wouldn't I? That's just a casual thing anyone can survive. I was foolish for thinking it would work, it was worth a shot, pun not intended.
I kind of knew that bullet wouldn't kill me but deep down inside I was praying and hoping that it would be something I just Couldn't bounce back from but I guess this time it isn't.

Even though my brain was awake, my body wasn't like I was in some form of sleep paralysis. I could think, hear and smell but my body was paralysed. The bullet must have damaged my brain, (duh) and now I'm paralysed. What if this is permanent? What is truly and royally fucked my self over? I'm gonna spend the rest of my like in a wheelchair of suffering in a coma for years even though I'm awake.
Why must I be so rash and frantic? Why can't I think before I do things? A lot of people would be returning home to their families after another day in the office. Probably to have dinner and talk to their children about school, maybe walk the dog or feed the cat. But I've ripped that away from them. I should've never gone out today to help, I wasn't in a good head space. I can't control myself when I'm normal never mind an emotional wreck.
eventually, after praying to all the gods, I managed to pry my eyes open, the bright white light of the sky attacking my sensitive Pupils. My eyes slowly focussed and revealed a shadow looming over me. I could feel my body swaying, my back resting uncomfortably on something cold and metal. I could eventually see my surroundings, the bright blue sky and white fluffy clouds, the sun shining happily in the sky and the metal red and yellow mask tearing down at me with its glowing coin slot eyes. He was carrying me out of my house. carrying my limp dead body out of my house. Does he think I'm dead? What is he going to do with me? Which form am I in? A thousand thoughts rushed through my damaged brain.
I panic for a moment.
I'm tony starks assistant. I'm iron mans PA. I also lead a Double life like a less glamorous Hannah Montana. That double life is something I hide from stark. Now all that is going to go down the drain. I'm fired. I'm dead. I'm literally so fucked right now.
I slowly regain control over my body and along with that came the pain. There was strong siring hot pain spreading over my thigh and on the side of my head.  I felt like had been on a 4-week bender and this was the incurable hangover here of biting me in the ass.  I groan in pain and move my body uncomfortably in iron mans arms. My hands go to my face, my cold skin brushing over the plastic mask on the bottom half of my face. All my anxiety seemed to flood from my system when I realised my identity was safe for now.
"Mr Stark?" I groan, my head pounding, probably from the hole in it.
"Mr Stark? Call me Tony, kid" he says looking up as we entered a quinjet, his iron man helmet retracting back and revealing the face of my boss.
He looks at me in the eyes then they go to the side of my head, disbelief in his face.
"She needs medical attention" tony says.
"How on earth did she survive getting shot in the head?" A familiar voice chimes.
"She's mutant, from what I know about her abilities, her body is healing as much as it can as fast as it can but it can't properly do that because the bullets still lodged in her skull she's alive, barely." A different unfamiliar voice explains.
"Well remove it before she does actually die, we don't need anymore casualties after today" I recognised that voice, Captain America. Spangles. The man out of time. The worlds oldest virgin.
"Sorry about this kid" Tony says before laying me down on a row of seats that lined the the wall of the small quinjet.
A new face appears above me, yet again looking at the side of my head. He grabs something from a draw and glances at me apologetically .
"This is going to sting, just stay still okay" Suddenly the most excruciating pain surges through my body. All my nerves were on fire and it felt like the Fourth of July in my head. The pain was excruciating but only lasted a brief moment, before fading into nothingness, my whole body going numb with adrenaline. I'll probably still need some aspirin for later because this is a hangover I can't get over.
"I need some whiskey" I breath, slowly sitting up and clutching my forehead. I finally looking around and examine the people around me, I was surrounded my the avengers. Of course I would be.
"I already like you" Tony chirps, his iron suite now off and standing in the corner.
Oh tony you have no idea.
"How did you find me? I left through a portal...too my home how on Earth could you have tracked me? Did you chip me?"I interrogate slowly getting to my feet.
"I followed you through your portal, which by the way makes you nauseous as hell I don't know how you don't vomit every time you go through them" the man with the bow and arrow chimes, he was sat opposite me, his bow and empty quiver on the floor by his feet.
"Why did you even do that?" Natasha, Who was sat in the cock pit driving the Quinjet, questions.
I couldn't tell wether she was on about what I did in New York or putting a bullet in my brain.
I stay silent, unable to muster up an explanation as to why I did anything in the past few hours.
"I don't understand why, people would kill to have a gift like yours" the man who removed my bullet says. He was wearing an oversized jumper and had some glasses resting on the bridge of his nose, he looked tired and sad.
"A gift? It's more like a curse" I sigh burying my face in the heels of my hands, the events from earlier replaying in my head on an endless loop.
"That's why we've brought you here" Tony begins.
"Huh?" I hum looking up from my hands at Tony.
"You're unsafe so We are going to train you up, this doesn't mean we are asking you to join, we just want to help you control your powers and make you safer, and if after all this you want to join, you can" Steve says as I lean against the wall of the quinjet.
My eyes begin to feel heavy as I stare softly at Steve standing opposite me with his ruffled blonde helmet hair and the top buttons of his suite undone, a couple of odd bruised and grazes on his face. His blue eyes meets mine and he smiles gently at me.
"Great... Just what I wanted" I say sarcastically, rolling my eyes.
"So what's your name, kid?" The arrow guy says.
"Im not a kid, I'm 25 and I'd prefer to not tell you my name" I fold my arms over my chest and glance at tony who was staring at me intently, his mouth opening as if he was going to say something but then shutting it and turning his attention back to our conversation.
" come on you know our names" Tony chimes.
"Actually I don't, I do not know who you or you or you are" I say pointing at arrow man, doctor guy and hot guy with a hammer.
"Im doctor Bruce banner" chirps the doctor holding his hand out, I gladly take it and he instantly pulls away a look of discomfort on his face as he shakes his hand and hisses in pain.
"Sorry... I can't- I can't control that" I say in a small voice looking down at my hands. I'm really cold. Like really cold, my skin is like porcelain that's been left out in an artic storm for weeks.
"Uh What was that?" Tony stark questions raising his eyebrows at me.
"I'm cold, they don't call me the artic Fox for no reason" I explain turning my head to look at the archer.
"Im Clint Barton" arrow guy smiled as he leans against the wall next to me.
"And My name is Thor, son of Odin, it's a pleasure to meet you," hammer dude says taking my hand and kissing it causing a pink tint to rise to my pale face.
"Thor? As in god of thunder, Thor" I scoff, staring up at the god in awe. Pretty.
"You are awfully cold" Thor mumbles taking my hand between his large ones as if he was trying to warm them up.
I laugh nervously and try to avoid looking at thor, meh eyes landing on Steve yet again, I feel so compelled by him, after all I spent a whole semester at high school learning about spangles and the howling commandos. My grandfather knew him and his friend sergeant Barnes when they where in school, it was surreal to see the man from all the black and white pictures walking my way.
"So still no name?" Steve elbows gently, looking intently at me.
"Nope I don't want you knowing who I am, I'd like to keep artic fox and me separate" I say gesturing.
"So what can we call you then?" Natasha calls out from the cockpit of the jet. I pause and think.
"Pablo"

.

"So this is my favourite room with all my toys and gadgets" Tony says pushing a button and a glass door slides open allowing me to enter the room filled with gadgets and scientific stuff that I should not be near.
"I'm really curious about you" Bruce states leaning on one the tables.
"What you want to know?" I hum standing next to him and also leaning in the table.
"Are you always like this?"
"No... I change between this and normal me"
"How did this happen...or were you born this way?"
"Cancer" is all I say.
"Cancer?" Tony Chimes in looking at me curiously.
"Yeah, melanoma, I was 15 years old, terminal. Then my chemotherapy went wrong and and 100,000 rads were absorbed into my body."
Bruce stares at me wide eyed.
"I should've died within seconds, but I didn't. I mean my cancer was gone and that's all that mattered at the time, but then later on I started to change and here I am" I explain.
"So we're not different, you and I?" Bruce mumbles, his eyes lighting up in understanding.
"You get mad and I get sad that's it"
I grin at the scientist. He smiles back at me before focussing back on his work.
"What ya working on?" I ask, peering down at his workstation where what seems a pair of normal sunglasses lay.
"Here try them on" he hands them to me and I slip them onto my face.
"They're just normal glasses?" I cock my eyebrow at him. He leans over the table and presses a small button on the side of the glasses and almost like a computer screen appears on it. 
"Woah" I gasp looking around the room as the glasses start scanning stuff and information pops up on the screen about the object.
"These are so cool" I say looking at Bruce, it scanned him and the words 'the hulk'.
"They're installed with JARVIS, Tony's artificial intelligence, he basically knows everything" Bruce explains.
I slip the glasses off my face and hold them out for Bruce to take.
"Even who I really am?" I gulp, my palms sweating and heat rising to my cold face.
"Yes, don't worry we won't go digging" Bruce assures me with a big grin on his face, his glasses slipping down the bridge of his nose.
Him and I are going to get along just well.

"Right ready to start training...pablo?"Natasha says appearing in the door way of the lab, wearing gym clothing, her short hair pulled out of her face.
"What already? I just got here" I raise my eyebrows at her.
"Yes, I have much better things to do then training you"
Natasha and I are not going to get along well.
I swallow the lump in my throat and trade glances with Bruce before reluctantly following Natasha out of the lab.

"Here put these on" she mutters.
she hands me a pile of work out clothes as we enter the changing room.
"Uhm" I stand there self consciously holding the soft fabric and shoes in my hands, watching as Natasha adjusts her hair in the mirror.
"Well, come on, I don't have all Day" she snaps at me and I nearly jump out of my skin.
I place my new clothes down on one of the benches and turn my back to Natasha.
I remove my mask and take in a shaker breath before removing my black jacket and gloves.
I kick of my shoes and remove all my weapons and their holsters and but them in a pile on the bench next to me.
I slowly remove my black top and anxiety knots in my stomach at the thought of Natasha seeing the scars on my back and arms, her eyes probably focussed mainly on the long scar that trailed from my lower back right over to my left shoulder, it had loads of thin squiggly lines coming from the main thick line, with the centre of it a small circle. It resembled that of plant roots or veins or a lightning bolt. The circle in the centre of the scar is the exact entry point of all the electricity that was jolted trough my body and the rest of the scar is the aftermath.
"What are they?" Natasha asks, I could feel her presence behind me.
I didn't want to turn around and look at her, she would see my face and that whole secret identity thing I was doing would be out the window.
I suddenly feel soft finger tips barely brush over the largest scar in the centre of my back.
I gasp and shiver from the warm touch. I feel sick to my stomach and the room begins to spin. Shit.
I jump away from Natasha, my whole body tingling as I feel my self returning to normal old me.
"How did you get them scars?" She asks unfazed by my skin and hair turning into a completely different colour.
"Uh...l-lightning" is all I say keeping my back to Natasha. I was on the verge of a panic attack.
"You got struck my lightning? How are you even alive"
"Well I d-didn't get struck by l-lighting exactly, the l-lightning fucked up my chemo t-therapy and one thing l-lead to another and now I'm a f-freak of nature but hey at least I'm not dying anymore" my voice shook as my eyes watered, I was gripping the shirt in my hands so tight my knuckles turned white.
"You know you can trust us with your identity, well trust me anyway" Natasha chirps.
"No I can't, y-you'll tell t-Tony" I sigh staring at the wall in front of me.
"Why would I tell tony?"
I slowly turn my head and look at Natasha over my shoulder.
She was standing a meter away from me, her arms crossed over her chest and a curious look in her face.
I turn all the way around and do jazz hands as I I hold down the vomit rising in the back of my throat.
"Oh...Alex? Right? Starks assistant?" She raised her eyebrows in surprise.
"Yeah we've met before...don't tell stark" I breath looking down at the ground.
"I won't" she says immediately.
Her hand goes to my shoulder and I look up at her sharply.
"You can trust me alex."
.

The past few weeks have been long and stressful and enduring with Natasha helping me train, tony teaching me how to use various weapons and technology he had made for the avengers, Bruce teaching me how to control the artic fox and the highlight of my week, late night drunk conversations with Steve and sometimes Thor if he decided to stick around. It's all been so draining but I'm thankful for it, I feel a lot more myself and less scared of the artic fox. I finally feel like I've found people who understand me. As for trying to keep my identity concealed, that did not last long. Not long after Natasha found out, Thor found out when I was spiring with him later that day but of course he was none the wiser as to who I was but he promised not to tell tony. And then Brice found out the next day when I managed to get rid of the artic fox on command he was a bit wary and wanted to tell tony but I said that I'd tell him eventually, which was a lie.

Im actually quite surprised that tony hasn't figured out who I am yet, I keep the mask on when ever starks in the room and I'm always careful with my mannerisms and voice in case he begins to connect the dots. I can tell he's slowly growing suspicious of me but I'm surprised it's taking him this long. Maybe he has figured out who I am and he's just choosing not to mention it. Oh and I also kind of maybe developed this stupid high school crush on Steve...I mean can you blame me? All the avengers have a crush on him, even Tony.

"No Pepper I have not heard from her, I'll try calling her later I'm about to go on a mission" Tony says down the phone as I watch him curiously, my cat eyes glaring at him as he eyes me back, I shoot him a wink and he rolls his eyes back at me.
We were all sat at the long glass table in the meeting room where We have just now been alerted on an emergency mission. I've completed 2 or 3 little missions that weren't serious just inside jobs and doing stuff like I used to do like vigilante work. But this one seems more serious, something I'm not entirely trained for.
"Steve, Pablo, Nat and I are on this mission but we do not know the extent of this situation exactly so hulk, you're our back up so be prepared" Tony says and my heart rate slowly increases as I begin to get nervous, I didn't even listen to the mission report (hahaha) my mind was racing through a thousand different thoughts most of them filled with anxiety and dread, but this is what I'm like normally before any mission.

"Right Let's go"  Steve says clapping his hands together as we all stand up, me being the last to do so because I was still in a daze, swimming in thoughts.
"Go where?" I hum, staring weary eyed at spangles.
"Did you not just li-" tony begins but is cut off my Natasha.
"Hydra are currently trying to kill someone in the city who clearly has gotten in their bad side" Natasha begins telling me a very over simplified version of the mission, this is probably the biggest mission I've been sent on and I feel both excited and nauseas. What if I fuck up like I did in New York? I can't live with something like that.

I know what hydra is from my history class when we where taught about World war 2 and we had a few lessons on captain America and how he became who he is. God, being in school feels like a lifetime ago, I used to love learning about the war and the howling commandos and captain America. If someone told 16 year old me that in 10 years I'd be standing in the same room and Steve Rogers herself she would have pissed herself laughing.

"So a portal to the city then?" I grin my hands glowing purple as a portal formed in my hands.
"Hell No, last time I went through one of your portals I nearly threw up" Natasha complains glaring at the rip in the air.
"Shut up nat and get in the portal." I laugh standing up and generating a portal to the city that was big enough to fit a human through.
"Ladies first" I grin at Steve before he enters the portal followed by Tony, And then finally after pushing her through the portal, Natasha.

"It's the most efficient mode of travel" I explain to Natasha as we step out on the hot tarmac of a motor way on the outside of the state of New York.
My senses are flooded with bright light and the strong smell of burning rubber, sweat and blood.
"Well shit" I gasp closing the portal behind me and taking in the surroundings. The road was blocked off by to police and the air was filled with screeching car horns and complaining people. Multiple cars were crashed and tipped in the area that was blocked off. There was about 10 people in shock and shaking, covered in blood and glass from the crash. Paramedics and police had arrived and were attending to the injured and the dead. There were 4 people dead, 2 on the road being surrounded by crying people and paramedics and then the other 2 people were being cut out of a crumpled up piece of metal that once was a car. My stomach twists at the sight
"I think too we're late" Tony mumbles as his voice sounds through my earpiece.
Not a single HYDRA agent was in sight, just a path of devastation. It seemed suspicious. Natasha Said someone was going to be assassinated, so why am I stood in the middle of a road in New York, a feeling of dread in my stomach, at a seemingly fatal highway crash.  The feeling in my chest was telling me something was not right and it had nothing to do with the avengers, but me.
"Are you sure this was a hydra incident?" I ask as we split up to help the scared people.

Tony walks over to the group of paramedics that were attending to the potentially dead or dying people to see if we could be of any aid, Nat had gone over to the police and gone all FBI interrogation on them while Steve and I attended to the wounded, asking questions but also comforting and helping them.
"Hi" I crouch down in front of a pale faced little boy who was sat on the back of an ambulance with a shock blanket around his shoulder and a small cut in his forehead.
"Hi" he responds in a small quiet voice staring at me wide eyed.
"I'm Alex" I introduce myself smiling brightly at the boy before looking around for any possible sight of his parents.
"You're the Artic Fox! You're so cool! C-can I see it?" His eyes light up and my heart swells at his words. I scan my surroundings before flicking my wrist gently in front of me, a small purple wormhole swirling into existence between me and the boy.
"Not as cool as captain America" i pause, reaching into the portal, "he literally came out of ice" I joke as he stares in awe at the portal, a purple glow casting on his blemished face. I pull my arm out of the portal and in my hand was a small plastic action figure of batman.
"Hope you like the justice league kid" I smile handing him the toy, a big grin spreading across his face.
"Yeah but avengers are cool...do you know batman?" He asks staring at me hopefully, his smile never faltering.
"I've met him yeah, he quite a bit of drag if you ask me" I joke, sighing dramatically, "What's your name, kid?"
"Shane"
"Well Shane, do you know where your parents are?" I ask him.
He pauses to think, "they're in the car still" he says before pointing at the car behind me.
I turn around and see the same crumpled up car from before, the one with the fire men cutting the bodies out. My words get caught in my throat and my eyes sting with salty tears. Oh god.
"They're going to be alright?" He asks with a hopeful look as I turn to look back around at him.
I shoot him a small smile. What do you even say?
His attention was quickly changed, "look at my blue cast! I broke my arm riding my bike with my friends" he chirps holding out his left arm showing a blue cast littered with kids names, probably the friends he was riding his bike with.
"C-can you sign it?" He asks shyly, his brown eyes looking down at the cast.
"Sure...I don't have a pen do you?"
He shakes his head.
"Hold on" I grin reaching my arm back into the portal causing him to laugh again.
I pull out a black sharpie and pray to god this store doesn't notice I've stole their stuff. I close the portal and shuffle closer to Shane as he holds his arm out for me to sign it.
I scribble the words "the artic fox :)" onto his cast then hand him the pen.
"Cooooollllll" he draws out staring at the black pen on his cast.
"Right Shane I'm going to have to go see if anyone needs help, are you going to be okay here on your own?" I ask standing up slowly.
He nods his head.
"That's great, everything's going to be fine, I'll see you around kid" I smile brightly at him but can't help but feel a pang if pain in my heart for this kid.
"Bye alex" he grins still staring at the signature on his cast.
I look around and see tony looking quite stressed while talking to some paramedics so I decide to go see if he could use some assistance, since after all I am his assistant.
A small crowd had accumulated around where Tony and presumably two dead bodies where.
I pace over the blocked off highway road and listen to the quiet muttering from the small crowd, most of it was concerned gasps and quiet sobs of sorrow. Amongst the quiet chatter I could've sworn I heard a very familiar sad voice, it sounded a lot like my childhood friend felicity but that's impossible, Felicity lives all the way over in queens what would she be doing here?
I gently push through the crowd so I could reach tony but Once I reached Tony every single fibre of my body wished I had just stayed and talked to Shane for longer. My blood ran cold at the gruelling sight in front of me, my mouth hanging open and my eyes widening in disbelief.
Tony slowly paces over to me when he sees me and my expression, "I knew these people, they're my assistants parents, do you know them?" Tony asks worry and sadness laced in his voice.
I stand there frozen unable to comprehend my feelings. I had to tear my eyes away from the sight In front of me as I feel vomit rising in my throat. My eyes just so happen to land on the people Across from me. They just so happen to be where my best friends, Evan and felicity, stood in tears and shock. I looked around and saw that one of the cars that was badly damaged and crushed looked exactly like my parents and then the scratched up car behind It was Evans. They where probably driving here to visit me, considering I haven't spoken to any of them in weeks, they where probably concerned. My heart races against my rib cage, my bottom lip quivering as my mind goes blank and I don't- I can't do anything I'm frozen like a dear in headlights, my world falling around me.

"Mom, dad..." I hiss collapsing to my knees next to my mothers lifeless body. My beautiful mother, her long blonde hair was Splayed out around her head and her face was scratched and bruised, a big shard of glass poking out of her forehead her eyes where closed and she looked peaceful almost like she was sleeping. My father was in a similar state apart from the fact his legs looked badly damaged. They where both lying on stretchers that had body bags on them, they weren't breathing, the paramedics where about to take them away forever. These where the only people I could go to with anything, that I trusted and raised me. And theres this pit in my stomach that's blaming me for this. If I just text them or called them and told them everything they wouldn't have gotten in the car to drive here. I feel a presence behind me, they where talking but my brain was whizzing at a thousand miles an hour as reality starts to set in. I have no family...I have my brother but god knows where he is. What am I supposed to do now?
"What?" I hear Steve say, his voice sounding distant and soft as my eyes glaze over, my heart rising to my throat as I grab my mothers cold limp hand. My parents seemed to have died on impact during the crash, I hope that whatever happened to them that I didn't suffer and that they're somewhere way, way better then this shit hole we call earth.

"No, no, no" I cry as tears begin to fall. This sudden wave of sadness washes over me and everything feels cold like I've been kissed by a dementor and it was sucking all the happiness out of me along with all my hope. I feel Steve's hand on my shoulder, pulling at me slightly. I ignore him as the paramedics return to but my parents into the body bags and whisk them off to a morgue. The thought sickened me and I could feel Steve ushering me away from my parents so they could take them away from me.
"No" I choke out quietly letting go of my moms hand and letting Steve pull me into him my face buried into his shoulder as sobs rattle out of my body. He hugs me tightly but I didn't hug back, I could slowly feel my body changing back into normal Alex. Not the time. I was so panicked and distraught that everything Bruce taught me had flew from my memory and there was nothing I could do to stop the change.
My long silver hair that had cascaded in front of my face was now back to my short brown hair and my skin was back to being pale and covered in freckles. Back to normal. Or whatever normal is now.
"They're my parents" I say my voice muffled into his shoulders as I keep my face pressed to his suit, I was terrified of moving, of everyone seeing who I am, of Tony, Evan and Felicity knowing I've lied to them and of Steve seeing who I really am and judging or hating what he sees because he likes the artic fox, not Alex Zeller.
He doesn't say anything, I just feel him hug me tighter and press a kiss to the top of my head. If there is one thing I do know about Steve rogers it is that he's been through a lot of loss and heart break, he's understanding and I can imagine he understands what I must be feeling, he did loose his parents and his only friend.
"Alex" Natasha whispers calmly from beside Steve. I eventually struggle out of Steve's hug and turn to face Natasha, my sad brown eyes meet her cold blue ones. I felt panic arise in my stomach and a wave of anxious nerves attack my body. I couldn't bring myself to look at Tony. They probably recognised me even with this damn mouth mask on.
Everyone was staring at me in shock and confusion especially Tony and my friends.
Tony was trying to not say anything and distance himself away from me while he begin to clear people away and being some order to the chaos. I can already hear all the things they all want to say to me.
I remove my stupid mask and throw it to the side finally being able to breath in the cold air, a strangled sob leaving my lips as my eyes dart to the remaining people surrounding my parents and all I see is one big face Staring back at me with the expression of disappointment and disdain.
I push through the crowd of people and try to breath and bring the artic fox back so I could portal myself home. Or anywhere that isn't here. I break into a sprint away from the crowd and down the road of stopped traffic. After running a fair distance away from everyone I collapse next to a parked car in the traffic and just broke down, ugly sobbing, shaking and gasping. In the space of  2 weeks I've lost my boyfriend, my friends, my job, my parents and killed a hundred of people. Life is going so smoothly. My lungs seemed to close up as what I believe is a panic attack stirs up. My body shakes and I sob into my hands profusely for a few minutes until my chest hurt and my eyes stung. Eventually my crying stopped and I forced myself to focus my attention on getting myself the fuck out of here.
After a few minutes of slow controlled breathing I felt the tingles and the change occur again. Finally.
I scramble to my feet and do not hesitate to generate a portal to my home and stagger myself through it. Stumbling out of the portal and into my front lawn, I notice my house had been broken into and raided. The door was kicked in and through the windows I could see my house was completely trashed.
"There was a man" my neighbour says leaning on the wall that separates our gardens causing me to jump, I did not see him there.
"What?" I question turning to him. He was wearing his usual work attire and had a telephone in his hand.
"A man dressed in all black with long hair and a metal arm, his face was hidden but I saw something about him on the news, he's known as the winter soldier, I would've done something but well you'd understand" he drags.
"The Winter Soldier? What would he want to do with me?" I ask to more myself then my neighbour before glancing back at my empty house.
"I don't know, you're a good kid Alex don't ever let that change" he smiles before hobbling back into his house. So my home isn't safe, where do I go now? I can't go back to the avengers head quarters, I can't face them just yet I need time to grieve.
"Alex" a voice called as a sound of metal clanks behind me.
"Tony" I mimic turning around.
"I-We need you back at head quarters you're not safe out here, Someone is after you"
"Good they can take me and kill me I don't give a fuck" I raise my voice.
"Alex please just-"
"No" I've never stood up to tony before considering he was my boss. It was quite exhilarating.
"Fine, your choice" He says before jetting himself off.
I watch him zoom off and breath deeply. I really do just love pushing everyone away don't I? Breathing slowly, I enter my wreaked house. I take in my home and let out a frustrated sigh before beginning to tidy the place up. By the looks of it, nothing had been taken but whoever did this was looking for something.

I wander upstairs to my bedroom after tidying downstairs and enter my bedroom but my Spidey senses started tingling. something feels wrong.
"Who the fuck is here" I sigh pulling out a gun from my thigh holster and cocking it.
Suddenly a tall man with long hair and metal arm steps out from my conjoined bathroom. My breathing hitches as we stare at each other for a couple of seconds. I'm taken back, I sure of how to react. He stares at my gun and then at my open bedroom window before making a B line straight towards me. I quickly point my gun at him and shoot two bullets at him. but he seemed to have impossibly fast reflexes and his metal arm immediately covers his chest, the bullets clinking off his arm and dropping to the floor like dead flies. He reaches me and tackles me to the ground.
"SHIT" I hiss tumbling backwards. My back colliding with my bedroom carpet and my gun flying from my grasp. I kick him off me and immediately jump back up getting ready to attack him.
"Who are you?" I question keeping my distance from this psycho. He doesn't say anything,  just continues staring at me.
"Im the one who killed them" he says. I was about to kick him but before I could he ran and jumped out of my bedroom window. how much more edgy can this asshole get?
"Oh for Christ sake" I yell tugging at the ends of my hair.
Suddenly Iron Man appears in my open window, the one that who I'm assuming is the winter soldier just left through.
"Did you see him?" I gasp scrambling over too the window and looking down at the ground.
"Who?" Damn he must be a  ninja or something.
"Nevermind" I brush off.
"Alex you are coming with whether you want to or not" he says gracefully climbing through my window and by gracefully I mean not at all he ended up being a clump of metal on the floor and putting a hole in my wall.
"Catch me"

Follow, vote, comment thank you!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

18.9K 491 26
Y/N was trained by HYDRA, and has been for as long as she can remember. She has become more dangerous than you could imagine, and she has been given...
2.7K 13 16
Zoey Daniels never planned on having superhero abilities, but fate had something different in store for her. During the Battle of New York, everyone...
1.1M 38.9K 95
Y/N gets sucked into the Avengers movie. What could go wrong? Will she be able to tell the Avengers what's about to happen in the future events? Or w...
3.5K 36 55
Bucky Barnes was on the run. When he comes upon a coastal island, he makes a decision to hide there for the time being. By chance, he has a run in...