11. Bastille and coldplay

Steve

Steve

"Any news on Thor and banner?" I yawn shuffling around in the office chair I've been sat in for the past hour or so.
"Well Thor has been seen on earth but not exactly where you'd think he'd be, He's in Kathmandu, Nepal" stark says as a video appears in front of us like a hologram. It was of a man, he had a long red cape and some sort of medallion of an eye and he was creating these weird glowing shields with his hands.
"He was apparently seeing him, Doctor strange"
"So what about Bruce?" Natasha asks eagerly.
"No news, no ones seen him, he's still in stealth mode we can't track him" tony sighs standing up from his chair.
"Finally" I groan standing up from the chair and stretching.
"Wait" Tony sighs sadly.
"What" Sam groans, we all sound like school kids getting kept back after the lesson is over.
"There has been one reported sighting of the winter soldier and the artic fox"
"You're kidding?" Clint muses his eyes widening.
"I am not, we aren't supposed to know but I had Jarvis eaves drop on a meeting with fury" Tony pauses glancing at us all wearily.
"They where seen in the smithsonian, in the captain America exhibit"
"Why would they go there?" Wanda chimes speaking for the first time in an hour.
"Why are we asking this? I'm sorry but it's true, they're dead, we saw them get shot we saw there bodies in a morgue, and we lowered their coffins into the ground. As much as I wish It was true, they're not alive." Sam snaps.
"Calm down bird man there's more" tony continues.
"They had shield agents patrolling New York, one of them spotted them entering a hotel, so he followed them"
"And?"
"That's if I never found out the rest but I did hear 'we can't tell the avengers' so all of you keep your mouths shut" tony snaps.
"It's a start, they might be alive hydra has some clever tricks up their sleeves, they probably did a Romeo and Juliet to get shield of their radar" Natasha explains.
"Now that reference I got" I smile.

Alex

"So now where?" Bucky asks.
"I hav-" I pause looking around, the streets of New York was covered in a thick white blanket, our breaths clouded in front of us and my finger tips where turning blue.
"What the hell is this?" I gasp stepping around in the weird white powder like stuff.
"Snow" Bucky smiles, the sun light reflected off of the 'snow' onto his face, his eyes illuminated and all the years of suffering seemed to have gone from his face as it appeared to be flawless.
"What's that?"
"Are you being serious, you are from Russia and you don't know what snow is?" Bucky scoffs.
"I can't remember living in Russia or snow" I explain screwing my eyes shut trying to remember something. Instead of remembering, something hit my face, it was cold and wet and hurt slightly.
"What the hell" I shriek my eyes widening as the sleeves of my jacket got to my face, wiping away the cold snow.
Bucky was laughing. He looked genuinely happy. This is the first time I've ever seen him laugh.
"What was that?" I smile at Bucky who scoops up a ball of snow in hand from on top of a wall before throwing it my way, it hit my shoulder and exploded.
"It's a snowball, you through them at each other." Bucky explains. It's normally me who's explaining stuff to him not the other way.
"Okay..." I trail out grabbing a hand full of snow and moulding it into a ball before hurdling it towards Bucky but he ducked out of the way and hit the building behind him.
"Still have crap aim" he teases referring back to the time in Hydra where they tried to train me how to use a bow and arrow, in the process I killed one guard and hit the edge of the target once, they gave up on it after that train wreak.
"I don't use weapons, I am a weapon" I giggle as we continue trudging through the deep snowy sidewalks.
"So what are doing today again?" Bucky asks.
"I have an idea of where we can go, but we need a car" I explain.
"A car? Why can't you just portal us?"
"Because I'd rather not be her, she brings back horrible memories" I explain avoiding eye contact.
"Right lets find an abandoned car, I'm not up for stealing." Bucky mumbles.
We walked in silence for a little bit before we came across a parking lot filled with cars. None of them had snow on, besides from one. I nod my head in the cars direction and we nonchalantly wander over to the car. It had numerous parking tickets shoved in the windscreen wipers, some dating back to months ago.
"It's like they're asking for it to be stolen" Bucky hums. I look up from the parking tickets and see him stood with the car door wide open.
"It's unlocked?"
I wander round to the passenger door and try the handle. It didn't open at first but once I pulled at it again it flung open, sending me tumbling backwards into the snow. I recover from my fall which Bucky saw and was trying to hide his laughter before climbing into the car.
"I saw that" Bucky hums, he was bent over in the drivers seat fiddling around with some wires under the wheel. After a minute of me silently watching him mess around with the wires the old Range Rover roared to life.
"Lets go" Bucky smirks putting the seat belt on and attempting to pull out of the parking lot, he set off a car alarm and stalled the vehicle at least 3 times.
"You sure you can drive" I giggle holding my hand out against the dash board to stop me flying forward when he stalls the car again.
"Just give me a minute I'm a little rusty"
"I'm a trained assassin and avenger and this is how I'm going to die" I mumble to myself.
"Think I've got it -- that was rude" Bucky acts fake shocked at my remark. We finally pull out of the parking lot and begin speeding down the highway.  What's gotten into Bucky he's So different today, not that I'm complaining.
"You feeling okay?" I question after a few minutes of silence.
"Yeah why wouldn't I be?"
"Just you're acting weird"
"I'm happy Alex" Bucky chuckles.
"Oh well I guess I'm happy too"
"Good, now where are we going?" We had just left the busy New York City centre and now we are venturing out into more rural areas.
"My house, Its a bit away from the city so we will be driving for a while, just keep going down this highway and I'll tell you when to turn" I explain looking out the window, houses Where's being replaced with trees dusted in frost and snow, it looked familiar but I couldn't exactly remember the word.