A Violation To Symmetry- Deat...

By MajesticTeagle

Death The Kid is a perfect boy, with a very symmetrical lifestyle. BUT a new student, means changes could be... More

1: Welcome to the DWMA
2: Destroyer of art
3: Stories
4: Effort
5: Hearts of fear
6: Broken pieces
7: Waffling Around
8: Found
9: Unexplainable
10: Witch of the forest
11: The truth about Morgana
12: No more lies
13: A Spoof
14: And So The Story Goes...
15: Asymetrical witch
16: Fateful but Greatful
17: Creator Of The Vase
18: Brooklyn
19: It's Love
20: Black*Star's Intuition
21: Not Welcome
22: Let the Investigation Commence
23: Day 2 In the Investigation...
24: Not a day over 10
25: A Parting Gift
26: Not the Time to play Hero
27: I'm not a man
28: Battle to the Death
29: Whole At Last
30: Loose Ends

31: The Old and the New

365 16 12
By MajesticTeagle

Kid's P.O.V: 

It's just after dark. Liz, Patty and Connor are all back at Gallow's Manor doing whatever floats their boat and Samantha is supposedly at the Graveyard. I've been walking around for a couple of minutes, maneuvering through all the the Gravestones with the dead sleeping underneath me. It gives me an unsettling feeling, especially as to why Samantha has called me here at this hour of the night. 

I can't see her anywhere. All there is are gravestones, bare trees, hooks and rusted old gates, and a person with a dark hood on, digging a grave at the far end of the cemetery. They have a shovel in hand and a coffin laying beside them. That couldn't be Sam, could it?

No way. Sam wouldn't be digging a grave. Or digging up a grave... Maybe... Just in case, I should probably go and check. 

I change my direction and start walking over to the grave digger. As I get closer I notice that the jumper the person is wearing is very familiar. I think I recall buying Sam that hoodie. Then again, anyone could have bought the same thing, right?

Wrong.

It is in fact Samantha Aileen who is digging a grave, What the hell is she even doing?! That can't be legal. Why does she have a coffin?! Oh Death... She's killed someone, hasn't she?! No! Why do all the good girls have to be the bad ones?!

Sam turns as I get closer with a heavy pounding heart, She stabs the shovel violently into the dirt making me flinch. She wipes off the sweat and then waves with a smile. I gulp and wave back timidly.

Please tell me she didn't dig it up, Pleas in the name of Death, she didn't dig up a dead body!

I stand beside her hesitantly and stare into the hole she's been digging. Or filling in, I'm still not sure which one. I prefer the latter. With a serious gaze I face her and look into her eyes.

"What in the world are you doing?"

Sh grins and moves out of the way to reveal a gravestone.

'Here lies Hannah Rhye, 1998-2010, beloved friend who will be missed by all who knew her.'
'Cause of death= Kishin'

"W-What...?" I trail off. My mind can't seem to process what's going on here right now. This is Hannah's grave? This has never been here before. What is Sam doing with the gravestone of Hannah?

"Surprise!' Sam grins, picking the shovel up and scooping out more dirt from the hole.

"I don't understand..." I mumble. 

"Well then, I guess I have no choice but to explain it then." She digs some more, then hands me a shovel to help her. Reluctantly, I too grab hold and begin digging into the damp earth.

"You see, I'm not big on cliche and cheesy confessions," Sam begins. I almost froze in place hearing 'confession' being uttered. Has she figured out my feelings for her? Of course she has! It's not like I'm obvious or anything...

Or, is she talking about confessing to me?

"Go on." I press forward, taking another chunk of the ground and tossing it out of the forming hole.

"And so," Sam breaths, "I decided to do this."

"Dig a grave?"

"Yep! It's odd it's wacky, and it needs to be done. Your dad had Hannah's body already stored in this here coffin," she gestures her head to the oak wood box tightly sealed, "So I asked if I could bury her. Then I arranged for a spot to be reserved for her, and yeah."

"Don't you... Don't you think it's cruel getting me to help you bury her?"

She stops digging and grips onto the shovel tighter. I stop as well and crouch down whilst looking up to see her face. She looks guilty. oops... I think I made her feel bad. Crap. That's not what I wanted to do...

She takes in a breath and looks me in the eyes. "I just wanted to give you a chance to properly say goodbye to Hannah..."

I sigh and rub her hair messily. I smile a little and nod my head as if saying that it is nice of Sam to think of that. I still think it'd be better if I didn't have to bury my ex-love. But, I'm not going to complain. If Sam wants to do this, then I guess I should let her. After all, she did this thinking of me.

"Thank you, Samantha." I say, giving her the 'okay' to continue on digging her grave. She gives a half hearted smile and we both continue removing dirt from the area.

It was silent for a while before I decide to speak.

"Y'know, the old Hannah is actually nicer than the Rowena Hannah."

Sam giggles. "I suppose she would be. For one, sh wouldn't be trying to kill me."

"That's a bonus then."

"Was she really obsessed with pink?"

"Unfortunately, yes." I say with groan and a roll of my eyes. Sam smiles and I smile back at her. More dirt flies over my shoulder.

"Y'know, I told the Rowena Hannah that I'd be digging her grave..." Sam says quietly.

"And now look at what you're doing." I say. Sam nods and lightly snorts in amusement. I smile over at her as she continues to scoop out the contents of Hannah's grave. I stare at her for a couple of seconds and then continue helping. Something about this whole grave digging thing feels incredibly off. We're surrounded by death.

Burying Hannah.

I once loved her.

And now I'm digging her grave with the girl I've been in love with for almost a year.

Speaking of which... "Alright, so this explains why we're here, but you also mentioned something about a confession." I state. I get some dirt on my pants and I cringe a little at the mess, but I may as well keep going. The job isn't done yet. I should have known that grave digging isn't exactly a clean job.

"If you hold back for a second, maybe I'll tell what that's all about." Sam places her shovel down and jumps into the relatively deep hole. She leans against the small dirt wall that has been created by us. I slip down and lean next to her, waiting for an explanation. She looks somewhat determined.

I sigh and sit myself up on the higher ground. I am also determined. Determined to express my feelings to her. I need to act on them. I have to say it now.

As soon as I open my mouth to speak, Sam immediately cuts me off.

"Start digging again. This is where shit gets heavy." She passes a shovel back to me and begin chipping at the earth once more.

"Y'know I used to hate your guts."

"Gee, thanks." I reply sarcastically.

"Yeah. Those were the good ol' days. Where I'd change all the paintings in the house."

"Not much has changed there," I comment. She laughs a little then shakes her head.

"I doubt it'll ever change." She agrees. "But, I don't hate you anymore, which is good. Right?"

"It would be better if you didn't wreck the symmetry..." I sigh. Sam tuts at me.

"You know as well as I do that it's not going to happen." she finalises. The pile of ground outside the hole gets bigger and bigger, and Sam still hasn't shed any light on this confession thing. 

How long do I have to wait?  Should I bring it up again? Maybe I should say how I feel first.

"Samantha, I-"

"Shh!" She cuts me off again pressing a finger to my lips. I stand in shock for a few seconds as she climbs put of the grave spot then grabs one side of Hannah's coffin. She gestures for me to help her and I do as she wishes. We lift up the heavy box and move it over the grave spot that we have dug.

As the coffin gets over the hole, Sam tells me to let go slowly and I do, letting my fingers slip off and Sam does the same. The box now hovered in the air like it was merely a feather. It floats down slowly into the earth.

"I did hate you, but I guess you could say I've grown attached to you. Really attached. Like, a lot."

I stare at the lowering box as I listen to her words. Each one spoken sends a shiver down my body. She's grown attached to me. Good. But in what way? Ugh! Come on Sam, out with it! I'm getting impatient and I've already stated before that I am hopeless with expressing myself.

My heart is picking up it's pace but I have to stay calm. I swallow a lump in my throat and take a deep breath waiting for her to continue.

The coffin now lays at the bottom of the pit and the two of us begin refilling the hole. Ugh, my clothes are now all dirty! How awful. Disgusting filth.

"And," Sam heaves, throwing the mud  atop the wooden case. "I guess you could say that... With no warning... With no permission from my brain... I love you."

There are the words that I want to hear. Instead of having a 'cool' reaction like Soul would say, I end up choking on my breath  and coughing out my lungs. Sam immediately drops whatever she's doing and starts patting my back as I'm hunched over forwards grasping my stomach.

"C'mon, you weirdo, don't die on me now." She sighs.

When I finally manage to recover from my coughing fit, I realise I've just killed the mood. Great, but nothing's going to stop me from talking now. She goes back to leveling the ground and I begin to stare at her. Like some creep. For quite a while. She's probably noticed me as well, but she's too into burying Hannah to care.

"So... You love me huh?' I ask with a sly smirk spreading.

She rolls her eyes and then pats the dirt over the grave to make it all sturdy and flat. "Well that is what I said, isn't it? And I believe you have something to say to me as well, don't you?" She inquires. 

"D-Do I?" I stutter involuntarily. Sam smirks this time.

"That's what Patty and Liz told me."

Those girls... They certainly have their ways to get me to do things. I'll have to take care of them later. More important matters need to come first. Like gaining my confidence and composure and trying to not make a complete fool of myself.

"Aren't they the helpful type..." I mutter. "I guess there is no use hiding it." I sigh and sit down on top of Hannah's freshly buried grave. I'm already dirty so I don't really care about the mud anymore. "Yes Sam, I have something to tell you. I've been trying to tell you for a while now and... and well... Truth is I... I am dying."

Samantha's face went blank. Her sapphire eyes stared right into mine and I feel like my soul has just been touched. She then blinks twice, a few more to five, three more. Eight. Perfect! One more. Nine. Dammit. She did that on purpose!

Sam shakes her head and raises an eyebrow. "D-Dying? You can't be serious." She says bewildered. My lips waver from the urge to smirk a little, but that would ruin everything. I must get through everything I need to say. 

I swallow everything down and let out a disheartened breath. "I'm deadly serious, Samantha." I deadpan. The girl decides to stay silent. She makes herself comfortable against Hannah's gravestone and nods for me to continue.

"From a young age I've always said that symmetry is key and that everything must be aesthetically pleasing."

This is where the eyebrow raise comes in, and the wave of confusion.

"I have lived by that motto and it has never steered me wrong. It's kept me well and happy and healthy. I sometimes feel that because of symmetry I am alive. Symmetry, has always been there for me."

I take a deep breath and stand up dusting myself. "But then... You..."

Sam crosses her arms and tilts her head. I point an accusing finger her way.

"You came along. You and Connor. Both you and him went around and took everything I've built up, down. You even wrecked how symmetrical the school attendance was. 888 students now 900! What's so symmetrical about the number nine? Let me answer that for you, nothing!"

I march over to where she leans on the headstone. The closer I get to Sam the further away she decides to back up. It wasn't long before her back hit the trunk of a bare rotting tree. Black in colour like it's burnt, and small hooks hanging off of the naked branches. 

I place my palm on the rough bark, just beside her head.

"You and Connor came into my life and destroyed the most precious thins in the world to me. My own house turned upside down in lack of symmetry. I have spent countless hours putting my home back together only to have you two come back and wreck everything. Do you realise how much trouble you've caused me?"

Every word gets raised as I keep talking, almost scolding the girl. She seems surprised, which is what I'm aiming for. 

"Not to mention the constant reminder of how asymmetrical my hair is! It makes me so angry! Especially since you dress so symmetrically and beautifully but your personality is filled with asymmetrical sins!"

I sigh and slide my hand down and rest it on Sam's shoulder, bringing my other hand to rest on the other. 

"I'm dying, not because you mess everything up." I lean forward so my lips gently graze her ears. Sam shudders from a chill and I smirk slightly breathing into her ear. "I'm dying because of how much I've become attracted to you. Despite your symmetry flaws I can't help but love you. It destroys me, yet completes me. You're a gift, but a curse. A misfortune, but a miracle."

Sam stays silent as she soaks in the words I had just thrown at her. I heard her a small breath from her indicating a smirk. A hand runs up my chest and I'm pushed back gently. Looking up at the girl she is indeed smirking.

"You're a jerk." She says in a joking manner. I smile a little and laugh slightly. Sam walks over to Hannah's grave and when I approach her side, her hand clasps around mine. We lock eye contact for a few seconds and Sam gives my hand a light squeeze, almost like it's for reassurance. Considering we're standing at my first love's grave, and it is quite sad that she had to die so young. I am both upset about this, but I am also happy. Now that she's in the ground she can rest in piece. Sleeping deep underground where her spirit can rest easy.

It's sad, and I'm a little angry I didn't know for a long time, but I'm done grieving. After all, the memories her and I shared will always be there. In a way I feel somewhat thankful to Sam's sister Rowena. Thanks to her, I got to see Hannah one more time. Even if it wasn't actually her...

"Were here on this dark evening," Sam says inhaling the damp air, "To say goodbye to a beloved friend."

I smile as she speaks, listening to the words carefully. Words from the heart and soul. 

"Hannah Rye, a beloved friend. Adored by many, she was, and a friendship with her was well cherished. Although she is gone, she is not forgotten. She shall remain forever in our hearts and the many memories that we share, even if those memories were made with the wrong Hannah. May she rest in peace and watch over us from the heaves. She will stay with us always, for the old memories-"

I stop Sam right there. I cup her cheeks and stare lovingly into her eyes. The deep blue that is full of wonder and curiosity. The eyes with that far away distant look that have seen time grow right before her. I can feel the warmth in her cheeks as she flushes red not knowing what's going on, hardly seen under the dim light of the moon. Sam is blushing, but she remains calm.

"For old memories," I breathe taking a quick glimpse at her lips then back to her eyes. "And for the new memories in the making." 

I lean forward and close my eyes. Stop moving inwards when I feel a pair of lips connecting with mine. Soft, warm, loving, tender. Samantha's. It feels like a dream, yet all very real. A simple kiss that means the world to me. 

My hands leave her cheeks and slowly snake around her waits, pulling her in closer to me. Her arms wrap around my neck. My chest flutters with warmth and butterflies.

Our lips part and we hold each other in a tight, heart warming embrace. My heart beats quickly and it feels like it is complete.

I guess there's only one question that remains.

"Sam? W-Will you-"

"Yes." she cuts off.

"I didn't even-"

"I don't care, the answer is yes."

"What if i just asked you to kill me?"

Sam pauses. "Still yes." she lets go and stares at me seriously. That lasts mere seconds before she laughs. "Don't be ridiculous, Kid. I know what you were going to ask." She smirks.  I blink blankly then heave a deep sigh in amusement. A smile takes hold of my lips and I go for another kiss.

"OH MY GOD! THAT WAS BEAUTIFUL!" Black*Star claps his hands and emerges from the bushes. I instantly back away from Sam, slightly embarrassed.

"Black*Star! Get back here!" Tsubaki calls also jumping out from the bushes.

What are they doing here?!

"I guess the cat's out of the bag." Liz sighs exiting their hiding spot. Patty, Connor, Soul and Maka follows... And my DAD?!

"So when are we burying Kid?" Soul asks.

"Huh?"

"She said yes to killing him, right?"

"You idiot!" Maka scowls hitting Soul with a book she magically produced. "They're dating now."
Soul stares blankly.

"Serious?"

"How long have you all been here?" I ask raising a suspicious eye brow.

"Only a few minutes." Liz assures.

"That's not right, Sis." Patty shakes her head. "We've been here way longer than a few minutes."

"PATTY!" Everyone shouts in unison. I stare at them all, feeling slight disappointment on them all. In return, the give their best innocent looks. I can't believe they were spying on us the whole time.

"Well, Sam," Connor smirks, nudging his partner. "A witch dating a reaper, eh? That hasn't been done before. Thoughts?"

"No thoughts." Sam shrugs looking over at me with a smile. I mirror it, feeling light and fluffy.

"Well now!" My Father claps his hands, gaining all of our attention. "Samantha, from this day forwards, call me Dad. Okay?"

Sam laughs and I grit my teeth at him. "Dad!" I scold sending him a warning look. He pays no mind. As usual in these situations.

"And also... When's the wedding?"

"DAD!"

A/N: THAT IS ALL!!! I AM DONE! MWAHAHAHA!

That is the end, to A Violation To Symmetry!

I hope all you readers enjoyed this book, please tell me if you liked it :D Any improvements? Did I make spelling errors?

Well, that is all. Thank you for reading! Commenting! Voting! ECT!
Till next time~

Bye bye :D

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

307K 7.3K 45
You are just one of twelve death scythes scattered around the world. You are the youngest female death scythe while Justin is the youngest male death...
5.1K 244 16
This is the sequel to "Kid's Beach House (Kid x Soul)" . Several years ago, just before Kid, Black Star, Maka, Crona, and the weapons were supposed...
312K 10.1K 43
Death the Kid was sent to do a mission only reapers can handle. But some twist happened. The enemy was really symmetrical. He can't even dare to atta...
98.7K 2.2K 15
Death the kid has been told he has a sister but he didn't believe it but after his father told him she's attending the school he gets mad and despise...