It Was An Accident // Sterek...

By _SterekTrash_

Completed Stiles "accidentally" let it slip to a group of very popular girls that he was gay, which really... More

Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
SURPRISE
Announcment

Chapter 20

27.9K 1K 555
By _SterekTrash_

A/N: Almost smut, but not smut. Soon though. 

Derek

He stared at his boyfriend in disbelief and part confusion, searching for a reply to this ridiculous idea that had popped into Stiles' head. It was awkward for one. Double dating did not sound like anything Derek would enjoy. Especially with other guys on the lacrosse team. "I don't want to do that," he said eventually, setting his pencil down in front of him. Stiles was sitting on Derek's bed while Derek sat on his floor, studying for a test in calculous. 

Stiles gaped at him, crawling to the edge of the bed so he could see Derek better. "Dude, come on," he pleaded with a slightly hurt expression. Derek wasn't budging. "He's my friend and he just needs a little help. This was the only way he would agree!" Stiles threw his books to the side and they landed on the floor as he purposely fell off the bed in front of Derek. "If you really love me, you'll do this."

Derek stared at him and scoffed. "If I really love you, Stiles? Is this your form of blackmail now? I said I loved you and you never said it back. You still haven't. How can you can use my words against me? How the hell can that be fair?" He picked his pencil up and averted his eyes to his math book again. He was no longer interested in having this conversation. The answer was no and it was going to stay no. 

It was quiet for a minute or two, and then Stiles stood up and sighed as he gathered his books off the floor and began shoving them into his backpack. Derek tried to ignore him, but it was proving to be difficult considering he really didn't want Stiles to leave, especially if he was upset. "I'll see you at school tomorrow," Stiles said from the doorway, pausing long enough to see if Derek would tell him to stay. 

Derek caved before Stiles got too far out the door. "Don't go," he called, standing up to chase after him. He spent years trying to get Stiles and something stupid like a double date wasn't going to hurt their relationship. "Stiles, it's fine that you haven't said it back. It doesn't change us." He wrapped his arms around Stiles' waist from behind and sighed softly. "Don't be mad at me."

Stiles turned in Derek's arms, so they could face each other. Derek reached up and caught a tear on his cheek. "I'm not mad," Stiles mumbled, shaking his head. "I'm sorry. I wanna stay. We don't have to do the date thing if you don't want to either. I'm sorry," he said, hugging Derek tightly, burying his face in his boyfriend's neck. 

"No, it's fine," Derek assured him. He stepped away from Stiles and took his hand, dragging him back towards his room. He needed to study for school, but he wanted to comfort Stiles more. He shut the door behind them, even if it was against his parent's rules. Stiles climbed back onto the bed and Derek laid beside him. "Why are you crying?" Derek wondered, running his fingers through Stiles' hair. He didn't understand what was so upsetting. 

"I don't know," Stiles mumbled, looking away as if he were embarrassed. Derek pulled him closer and kissed him gently. Stiles sighed after Derek drew away. "I don't deserve you, Derek." He paused, staring back at Derek in a way that made Derek want to kiss him again, but he didn't. "But I'm glad you're here. I'm happy that you love me and I just. . . I want you to know that I feel the same."

Derek's chest tightened, his eyes widening. He considered that as Stiles' confession of love, even if he didn't actually say it out loud. "I-I don't know what to say. . ." Derek mumbled, staring in awe. He touched Stiles' face gently, smiling. Stiles had red cheeks and Derek found that adorable. "I can wait to hear it. I can wait as long as I need to. Don't feel pressured to do anything."

"Same for you," Stiles replied,  rolling over to stare at the ceiling. Derek kept an arm around his waist. "If you don't want to do this date thing, I don't want you to do it. It's your choice. Don't do it because I'm a big baby and started crying." He laughed at himself, shaking his head. Derek didn't really want to do the date, but what he did want to do was make Stiles happy. Therefore, he wanted to do the double date. "It was a stupid idea anyways," Stiles added. 

"I want to do it," Derek said. "If it'll make you happy, it'll make me happy. All that matters is that I'm beside you."

Stiles smiled small. "Thank you."

+++

Derek sat beside Stiles at a small table near the window of a slightly fancy resturant. Stiles originally wanted to go somewhere more casual, but since Derek was on this date when he clearly didn't want to be, Stiles caved and Derek got to pick the restaurant. It wasn't crowded and the food was good, plus average employees who usually checked in at least every fifteen to twenty minutes. 

"You didn't have to do this," Stiles reminded him, glancing at him briefly. He closed the menu in front of him and shoved it to the side so he could focus on Derek. "I said you didn't have to. I feel like the worst boyfriend in the world because I know you're only doing this to make me happy."

Derek laughed a little, shaking his head. "Stiles, that's the point of dating. We make each other happy. Sometimes that means going on awkward double dates with your best friend and a guy who tried to hit on you once. It's okay because I'm with you." He leaned forward enough to kiss the tip of Stiles' nose, which made him grin. "Stop worrying about me. I'm fine."

"You're the best," Stiles whispered close to his ear. Derek smiled like an idiot and tried to keep his eyes on the menu in his hands because he still had no clue what he wanted to eat. By the time he did decide, Scott and Isaac had finally shown up. They took seats across from Stiles and Derek and looked even more awkward than Derek felt. "Hey guys," Stiles greeted. 

"Hi," Scott replied with a small grin. "This place is nice." He glanced at Isaac, who was staring down at his hands in his lap. Scott looked away, instead looking at his best friend. "Have you ordered yet?"

"Not yet," Stiles said, offering Scott his menu. "It shouldn't be long before our waitress gets back though." 

Derek didn't want to talk. It was too uncomfortable. He'd much rather be at home with Stiles in his bed, watching a movie and sharing lazy kisses, talking about pointless things. That was Derek idea of a perfect date, but Stiles wanted this and Derek wanted to see him smile. He sighed softly as Scott rambled on about something, probably trying to get Isaac to laugh and only half succeeding. Derek felt around under the table for Stiles' hand and linked their fingers together when he found it. 

In another hour, they all had food in front of them. Derek could tell Stiles was trying to stay out of the conversation as much as possible, unless Scott really needed help. It was sweet, what Stiles was doing for Scott, but he desperately wanted to leave. It seemed like Stiles didn't really want to be there much longer either. 

A little while later, Scott was in the middle of a story about something that had happened at work and Isaac was listening intently, smiling and laughing. Scott was focused only on him. Stiles untangled his hand from Derek's and instead placed it on his thigh. Derek took in a deep breath, praying Stiles wasn't planning on doing anything. Not now anyways. He didn't want to get hard in the middle of a resturant while two other guys were sitting across from them. 

Derek tried to listen to Scott's story in attempt to ignore Stiles' hand running up and down his thigh. It wasn't really helping, but Derek pretended it was. Stiles was obviously trying to get a reaction out of him. Derek wasn't going to cave, until Stiles' hand actually started groping places that shouldn't be touched while in public. Derek threw his head back in surprise and quickly caught Stiles' hand, pulling it far away from his lap. Stiles was smirking. 

Derek leaned closer, touching his lips to Stiles' ear. "If you want that, we have to at least make it to the car," he whispered, letting Stiles' hand go.

"Are you guys alright over there?" Scott asked suddenly, raising his eyebrows. Isaac was staring at them too, but Derek kept looking at Stiles, waiting for his reply to his previous statement. 

Stiles swallowed hard and nodded. "Yeah, I think we're gonna get out of here though. Derek's not feeling well. You'll be alright without me?" 

"Yeah, of course," Scott responded, giving Isaac a cute little smile. Derek would've thought they made a cute couple, but he wasn't really paying attention to them at the moment. "Go home and get some rest. I'll see you guys later."

"Thanks, Scott," Derek said gratefully, pushing his chair back so he could stand up. He grabbed Stiles' jacket and helped him into it, then put on his own jacket. Stiles mumbled a goodbye and then took Derek's hand so he could lead them out to his car. 

"We can't actually make out in the car, can we?" Stiles wondered halfway across the nearly empty parking lot. It was a good question. Derek hadn't really planned on it, but it did sound kind of exciting. . . he'd never done anything outside of a bed before. 

"Sure we can," Derek said, wrapping an arm around Stiles' waist as they made it to the car. He opened the door and gently pushed Stiles' into the backseat, following after him. He relocked the doors and then tried to find a comfortable way to position himself over Stiles. Eventually, after a lot of hitting his head and Stiles laughing at him, they were comfortable. 

"Why are you staring at me?" Stiles asked, running a thumb across Derek's bottom lip. "You're supposed to be kissing me and touching me inappropriately." He kept one hand in Derek's hair and unbuttoned Derek's pants with the other. "What are you waiting for?" 

Derek smirked, avoiding Stiles' lips as he kissed everywhere else. He sucked gently at his exposed skin, his neck and collar bone. Stiles shoved Derek's pants down as far as he could get them and Derek kicked them the rest of the off before Stiles started taking off his own pants. Derek kept kissing him, mouthing at his neck, leaving hot kisses all over his skin. Stiles was struggling underneath of him to get out of his pants, but eventually he got them down far enough. 

"Derek," Stiles mumbled, tilting his head back and tugging at Derek's hair. "I-I want to fuck you," he whimpered as Derek's tongue left a hot trail up his neck. He finally kissed Stiles' lips, only making Stiles' hips jerk up and his fingers to pull harder at Derek's hair. "Please?" he asked, pulling away to look at his boyfriend. 

Derek licked his lips, considering it. "Here?" he asked finally, running a hand through Stiles' messy hair. "You want our first time to happen in an empty parking lot, in a car?"

"Does it matter where we are? I just want you. . ." 

Derek wanted to say yes more than anything, but he just didn't want this to happen in his backseat. They needed to be somewhere more private. "Maybe we should go home first. I want it to be me and you, not me and you and anyone who is unlucky enough to pass by the window," Derek laughed, kissing Stiles' jaw. 

Stiles' phone rang before he could say anything, so he struggled underneath Derek to fish the stupid thing out of his pocket. When he finally got it free, he answered it with a slightly annoyed tone. "Dad, it's not even nine yet. My curfew is eleven." Derek watched his face as the annoyed expression was replaced by worry. He pushed himself up into a sitting position, making Derek scoot to the other side of the car. "Did you call an ambulance?" he asked frantically, trying to yank his pants up with one hand. "Dad! What the hell is wrong with you? Hang up and call 911!" he yelled, his voice shaking. Derek wasn't sure what to do, how to help, or if he should ask what was going on. "I'll be home soon." He hung up the phone after that. 

"Is he okay?" Derek asked quietly, finding his own pants on the floorboard. 

"He said he thought it might be a heart attack.  The stupid fool called me first instead of an ambulance," Stiles answered hysterically, climbing up into the passenger seat. "I'm sorry about cutting our date short, but I need you to take me home."

Derek nodded in understanding as he finished buttoning his pants and then climbed into his seat to start the car. "Of course, Stiles. It's definitely okay. Your dad is more important." He pulled out of the parking lot, reaching across the middle consul to grab Stiles' hand, hoping to comfort him. Derek knew talking wasn't going to make him feel better, so this was all he could come up with. 

When they made it to the house, the ambulance was already there. Stiles jumped out of the car, running over to where they had his dad on a stretcher. Derek fell back, giving them their space. The EMT's didn't let him stand there for long, understandablly. They asked him to take a step back, but Stiles being stubborn wouldn't listen. Derek had to grab his arm and pull him away. 

"We'll follow them to the hospital," Derek promised, gently tugging on his sleeve. "Stiles, come on. Get in the car," he begged, hating every moment that he had to stand there and watch Stiles cry worrying about his dad. "Please. . ."

"O-Okay," Stiles agreed, letting Derek guide him back to the car. They followed the ambulance back to the hospital and waited for awhile in the waiting room. Stiles was restless at first, pacing around and refusing to talk about it. Derek eventually got him to agree to sit down as long as he could bury his face in Derek's chest and he would hold him. That was something Derek could definitely do. 

Finally, the doctor informed them that the sheriff was stable and could have visitors. 

"You should go home," Stiles said as they stood outside of the sheriff's room. They had went inside to see him, but he was sleeping and Stiles didn't want to wake him. There was no point to Derek staying any longer really, and it was almost half an hour past curfew.  "Thank you for bringing me here and comforting me. I wouldn't have been sane without you."

"Of course," Derek replied with a small smile. "I'd do anything for you." He kissed Stiles' forehead gently and ran a hand through his hair. "Call if you need anything." Derek took a step back and turned around with a small sigh. 

"I love you," Stiles called after him, like it was something he said everyday. Derek froze a few feet away, turning back to face him. Stiles smiled, tears filling his eyes. Derek rushed back to him, pulling him into a kiss that took even his own breath away. He'd been waiting to hear those words for a long time and lately he was beginning to think he never would. He was willing to wait forever for Stiles, but he couldn't explain how beyond happy those three little words made him feel. "Is that your way of saying I love you too?" Stiles laughed, wiping tears from his face. "Because I like it."

Derek laughed too, shaking his head. "You know how much I love you." He sighed contently and pulled away, kissing Stiles' cheek with a smile. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Stiles nodded, squeezing Derek's hand before letting go. "Thank you."

"You're welcome." Derek's smile didn't fade as he turned around and walked off, replaying the same three words in his head. Stiles loved him, and that was something worth smiling about. 

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

252K 10K 31
Derek Hale is just a nursing major in college when one night on his way home from his job, he accidentally hits someone with his car. What happens wh...
776 32 3
It's not Derek's fault when he's hurt he wants Stiles. He can't help the warm loose headspace the younger man pulls him into. Stiles didn't know when...
79.1K 1.7K 22
What if Stiles and Derek actually ended up together? Highest rankings: #1-Stiles #1-Sterek #1-Teenwolf #3-Derek
88.1K 4.3K 22
Life for Stiles Stilinski is pretty good. He lives with his dad and two sisters in the small town of Beacon Hills, but when an old family moves back...