Rejection Broke Her

By OfficiallyAmused

(COMPLETED) * "Look, Mavis, you're a beautiful girl with lots of potential and I'm so sorry about this bu... More

00; Full Description
01; Lost & Found
02; Panic in the Classroom
03; The Next Few Months
04; No Luck
06; Realisation
07; Phone Call
08; Road Trip
09; The Royal Pack
10; A Cruel Empire
11; Another Missing Member
12; A Ball
13; The Alpha King
14; Rosie
15; Cowards
16; Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold
17; Bye Bye Rejection
18; Confrontation
19; The Returned Truth
20; New Plan
21; Tunnels
22; Olive and Ren
23; You Don't Have An Escape Plan?
24; Side Effects
25; Leave Me Alone
26; Roses are Red
27; Claribel Lupus
28; We're Losing
29; 'Ditching' Brett
30; Family Issues
31; Rekindle
32; Date...?
33; Date Without Fate
34; Stop
35; Right or Wrong
36; New Enemies
37; Brett's Warning
38; Mission
39; The Important Facts
40; The Calm
41; Before
42; The Storm
43; The End
Epilogue
Author's Note

05; An Alpha's Rejection

168K 5.4K 1K
By OfficiallyAmused

Can I just begin by thanking you wonderful people who had given this book a chance. We've hit over 250 views (way over my expectation at this point) and I am so happy that you are enjoying my story :)

Earlier today I couldn't open my account so it was such a relief that I could update today! Thanks again for the 250 views! Let gooooo...!

Jude had arrived early Saturday morning. He looked healthy and happy compared to the black bags that laid under my eyes. I waved at him whilst rushing towards the car holding onto my bags.

"Hey there stranger." He grinned as I hugged him as tight as I could. It was strange. Within the three months, he had started to grow a beard and was sparkling with excitement.

I let go. "Hey." I smiled brightly. "Lets go! I can't wait to see Layla!"

"Neither can I." He agreed with a look of admiration in his eyes. I rolled my eyes towards him jumping into his slick car.

*

"So can you tell me why you look like you haven't slept in days?" His voice held a joke but also concern. I let out a sigh running my hand through my hair.

"It's nothing." He gave me a look. "It's the house, I have to move out by next months since I haven't been paying the rent." I admitted scratching the back of my head.

"Shit." He grumbled. "Do you need me to send some money- I can if you need it?"

I shook my head repetitively. "Oh no. I am sure I'll be fine, there's probably some room in the pack house." I waved. He gave me a sceptical look. "Actually, the Alpha already confirmed a room." He still looked at me dubiously.

"You sure?" He questioned.

"Positive." My fake smile stretched across my face as the lie seeped through. "I'll be just fine, don't worry about me."

*

I soon made it to the Golden Moon pack. I now know why people called this the second most beautiful pack. The pack house was magnificent. Stretching over twelve floors. It looked luxurious with the variety of plants and vines that spindled down. I let a small gasp escape my lips. This place was truly beautiful - the definition of beautiful.

"Wow, this place is amazing." I commented. Jude nodded in agreement. I continued to look with eyes of amazement.

"Yeah." Jude spoke. "Lets head in, our Alpha wants to meet you." I nodded - slightly nervous - and stumbled my way after his figure.

Once we entered the house, it was so similar to the outside. This pack house was extremely magnificent. It was at least ten times greater than my pack's.

"I can't believe you live here." He chuckled in response directing me through the pack house and towards the lift which was extremely relieving.

We made it to level eight and started to make our way towards his and Layla's room. I was thrilled to see her.

I let a small squeal escape my lips once Jude had gotten the door open. It was like a small apartment. Jude had addressed the fact that he and Layla stayed in a family suite. There was a kitchen and a small dining table. What looked to be three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a lounge.

"How did you get such a nice room?" I asked him gobsmacked at this.

"Well this was one of the last left and-" Layla walked into the room with her hands around a bump on her stomach.

"-Ahh!" I squealed in excitement running over to Layla and looking at the bump. That's my niece. "She's grown." I teased seeing as my brother wants a boy. "I am so excited for the two of you."

"Thanks May!" Layla's voice perky as always.

"Any names?" I asked her and she nodded enthusiastically.

"I was thinking something like Celestia." She confessed.

"As in the Moon Goddess?" I asked her and she nodded. "That's cute since it isn't an exact copy." The Moon Goddess' name is Selene but Celestia was a cute version.

"Yeah." She smiled. "It just came to me one night. It was like something was telling me to name her that."

"Maybe it was the Moon Goddess." I wiggled my eyes.

"Maybe it was." She laughed.

Jude then butted into our conversation. "Well he won't be named that anyway, he'll be named Mike." He told us.

"After Mike-Ike?" Mike-Ike is a sweet that Jude was obsessed with as a child and that is probably how he came up with the name. "That's bad Jude, that's just bad."

"Shut up, like you could come up with something better." He told me.

"Okay what about Lucas." I said and Layla nodded her head in agreement that my name was better than his. "Plus you won't have to worry about coming up with a name for the child because it will be a girl. You'll find out in a month. Can't you smell the strawberry scent?" I asked him. Wolves could detect the gender. For a girl it is strawberries and for a boy it is peaches.

"He's refusing to smell it." Layla told me and I tilted my head.

"I am not refusing, I am just - hoping. Plus, there is a scent of peach in there." He admitted.

"Maybe our child is a boy and a girl." Layla countered.

"Shit, we'd have to call it Celesike." They both turned to me with a roll of their eyes.

*

"Okay, what's up?" Layla asked as we sat down in the pack lounge area. I let out a deep sigh.

"Just finance issues, that's all, what about you?" I asked her with a small smile.

"I can get serious when I want to be May." Layla pointed out. "Call it Mother's intuition but I know something is up. Just tell it to me or I'll have to do this the hard way."

I held my hands up in surrender. "Seriously, nothing's up." I smiled largely.

"Smiles shouldn't go that high up your cheek, May." I lowered it slightly. "THAT ISN'T HELPING!" She pointed out. "Just tell me May." Her face serious.

"I got rejected, is that what you wanted?" It felt as if someone had rip my heart to piece again as I leaned into Layla and this time I held my own.

"It's okay. I'll rip him to shreds. Give me a name and place." It must've been the fact that she was becoming a mother that had caused this overprotective side to come out.

"No. No. No mass-murdering." I told her. "I'm kind of over it now."

Hardly. My wolf remarked. She'd been speaking to me more often now.

"Seriously." Layla said. "Who rejected you?"

"It was Ace." I sighed. "Don't tell Jude, it'll break him." I told her. She nodded slightly in agreement but anger was still clear in her face.

"I'll kill him! I'll slaughter him! I'll-" Jude walked in.

"Shit what did I do?" His face in a panic.

"Nothing yet." Layla replied. Her face fierce but held a suspicious smile.

*

I was lounging in the pack kitchen (even though some had their private ones, some still had to use it). I was just watching the Luna cook some food for the family dinner. Some would eat inside but there would be a barbecue as well.

The Alpha suddenly appeared in the room, I hadn't met him yet but after he kissed the Luna on the lips, he made his way over to me. He let out a sigh as he plopped himself down. He was in jeans and a casual t-shirt - something I didn't expect from an Alpha.

"I was speaking to Layla recently." He started. What did Layla say? "She told me about your rejection." My heart was suddenly stabbed all over again but I managed to stay strong in front of the Alpha.

Tip 1: Never cry in front of an Alpha - it's a sign of weakness.

"Yeah... I am fine now thanks for asking." I spoke quietly, my face held a certain awkwardness.

"No you're not." His rough voice spoke. I saw the Luna shaking her head in the background.

"How would you know?" I spoke spitefully.

"Because I was once rejected too."

*

[a/n]

Hey there friends!

Did you like this chapter?

Would you like to leave a vote?
Or a comment?
I don't judge :3

Thanks again for so many views - many we can hit 1k by chapter 7/8? :3

and 25 votes! :o

THANK YOU!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.2M 26.9K 21
Hard Mate Series Book 2. (This series does not have to be read in order.) ***** "I, Chace Winchester, reject you, Alyssa Jackson, as my mate and Luna...
10.1M 351K 51
"Will you reject me?" I ask, ignoring the lump that was forming in my throat. I fought the tears that were threatening to fall. Don't cry, please Han...
639K 13.9K 28
"Ha-ha." He laughs, " You're my mate, ha-ha. The Moon goddess must have messed it up this time. Me? Your mate? That's really funny. Who would want yo...
195K 4.7K 33
"You rejected me!! Not the other way around!!" I yelled at him, tears streaming down my face. "I know." He says, he head hangs low. "And I'm sorry...