I Promise

By candyflossdolan

"You should go. This is getting too dangerous." I force myself to speak. "Are you serious? I can't. I need to... More

Chapter One
Chapter Two
Chapter Three
Chapter Four
Chapter Five
Chapter Six
Chapter Seven
Chapter Eight
Chapter Nine
Chapter Ten
Chapter Twelve
Chapter Thirteen
Chapter Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Epilogue
DOLAN AND CHILL

Chapter Eleven

4.2K 148 47
By candyflossdolan

CASSANDRA'S POV:

"STOP!" I screamed as one of the men kicked Ethan in the stomach. Ethan groaned in pain as I struggled in my chair. The other man kicked Ethan in the back, he winced in pain. "Please stop!" I yelled, holding back tears.

"Are you going to tell us all of your abilities?" Jay walked towards me.

"I told you, I don't know them all." I sighed desperately.

Jay clenched his jaw and waved his hand to the two men. The men picked up Ethan by both his arms as he struggled. They brought his closer to me and made him stand on the ground while he was restrained.

"Your name is Ethan, am I right?" Jay crossed his arms and spoke to Ethan as he nodded. "Choosing to help this girl was a bad decision. Look where it's put you." Jay motioned around the room.

When Ethan didn't answer Jay lightly cut Ethan's cheek with the knife. Ethan turned his head and winced.

"No! Let him go, this isn't about him." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. I didn't want Ethan to get hurt. He didn't deserve it.

"I don't have time for this!" Jay shouted at me. "Ethan, which state do you live in?" He continued.

"Don't tell him anything Ethan!" I shook my head.

Ethan glanced over to me longingly, he tried to pull away from the men to get to me but Jay stood in front of him to block his view of me.

"Why do you want to know?" Ethan hissed at him.

"You don't need to know why." Jay walked towards me. "Just answer the question." He continued talking to Ethan as he eyed me up.

Ethan watched Jay walk around me, his eyes following Jay. Suddenly Jay slapped me across the face, his hand leaving a stinging sensation on my cheek.

"HEY!" Ethan growled. "Don't you dare fucking touch her!" He clenched his jaw, trying to get to us but he was being held back.

"Answer the question then, or we'll start having some real fun." Jay rasied his eyebrows.

"Ethan-" I started.

"Shut up." Jay put the knife next to my face.

He inched it closer to me until Ethan's face turned into an uncomfortable expression.

"New Jersey!" Ethan shouted. "Just, don't hurt her." He shook his head. Jay put the knife back in his belt and stepped towards Ethan.

"Sorry but she's going to die anyway so not hurting her isn't an option. We need her blood." Jay shrugged.

Tears streamed out of my eyes, I knew that I was going to die one day, but I didn't expect it to be today.

"No! I won't let you kill her!" Ethan yelled desperately.

Suddenly an alarm went off through the building, it echoed against the metal walls.

"BREACH!" I heard a man shouting in the distance.

"The military, they're here for the girl. We caught her, it's our blood." Jay said icily.

The men dropped Ethan and fled the room as Jay called after them angrily. As soon as Ethan was freed, he scrambled over to me. He immediately knelt down beside me and cupped my face.

"Are you okay?" He asked while stroking my cheek with his thumb. I nodded as he pulled on me chains, trying to free me.

Jay turned to face us and noticed, he pulled Ethan back and pushed him to the side.

"If you don't do as I say, you'll both be dead." Jay hissed. "They're coming in here, I'm moving you both to somewhere where they can't get you." He used a key to undo the locks on my chains.

Once I was free I felt my wrists that were red and raw from the chains restricting them. Jay grabbed onto Ethan before he could hug me. Jay put the knife to Ethan's throat as I gasped.

"Do as I say and I won't kill him." Jay snapped quickly. I immediately agreed while Ethan screwed his face up in frustration.

Jay walked backwards and towards a smaller door in the room. He opened it and motioned me, with his head, to go through, his hand still holding a knife to Ethan's throat.

We went through the door and ended up in a long corridor. How big was this place? We walked down the corridor until we heard gun shots. It made us all jump in fear, even Jay.

Jay was so preoccupied that he slightly lowered the knife from Ethan without realising. Ethan took this opportunity to use his heel to kick Jay's shin. Jay jumped back slightly in surprise.

Without being told, both me and Ethan ran down the hallway, we could hear Jay running after us. We took a right and then stumbled into the first room we saw and shut the door behind us. We blocked it with a cabinet that was in the room.

I glanced around the room and saw a small window on the wall. Outside you could see the ground which meant we were half underground and half above the surface. Ethan saw what I was looking at and hurried over to open it.

It wouldn't open enough so that we could fit through. To my surprise, Ethan smashed the glass as we heard banging on the door. I took off my black jacket and placed it on the broken window so we wouldn't get glass stuck in us.

I crawled out first and then Ethan after. We took in our surroundings once we were outside and ran in the direction that looked more promising, leaving my jacket behind. Soon we came to a small warehouse and we slid in through a gap. We could no longer hear bullets being fired.

Once we were inside we stopped to take a breath. Both me and Ethan glanced at each other for a second before hugging each other forcefully.

"We made it out. Thank fuck." Ethan sighed as he hugged me.

I withdrawed from the hug and looked at his cheek where Jay had cut him slightly. I turned his head using my hand to see the cut better.

"I'm so sorry, I didn't mean for you to get hurt." I traced his jawline.

"It's fine, I don't care. I'm just glad you're okay." Ethan held on to my hand that was touching his face and noticed my raw wrists.

"It's not that bad, it doesn't matter." I pulled my hand away from him. The marks on my wrist would go away soon.

I looked at Ethan's tired face. When I first met him he looked full of life and ambition. His face used to be lit up with hope and happiness. Now his face was tired and rough. He was fighting to survive. All because of me.

"You shouldn't be here with me Ethan." Some how a tear managed to escape my eye.

Instead of answering me, Ethan cupped my face with his hands and kissed my lips  softly. We held each other close and deepened the kiss. I could feel all of our feelings for each other turning into sparks of happiness.

But no matter how happy we were together, we're always being chased. Why couldn't I be normal? Then we could have a normal relationship. But then again, if I were normal, we never would have met.

I reluctantly pulled away from his lips and stepped back, I didn't want this life for him. I didn't want his life to be full of danger. I slightly walked backwards towards the exit of the warehouse, not wanting him to follow me.

"You should go. This is getting too dangerous." I force myself to speak.

"Are you serious? I can't. I need to protect you." Ethan took a step closer to me desperately.

"Who's going to protect you?" I sighed firmly.

There was silence. His eyes wondered, thinking of something to say.

"... I'm never going to leave you." Ethan held onto my wrist.

"You can't just say that." I tried to pull away from him, but he continued to hold onto me.

"I promise."

No one has ever made me a promise before.

Well that was a very unorganised chapter oops. It was also ALL in Cassie's pov. Which is weird because this fanfic is based around Ethan's pov. But oh well, let me know what you think!

PEACE!✌.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

11.5K 412 19
Struggles are just something we have to deal with. Even if we don't like it.
255K 2.2K 76
I love them, you love them, let's just fuckin enjoy the book??
9.1K 215 5
Pairing: Tom Holland x reader (CEO!Tom) Summary: In order to inherit his father's company, your best friend, Tom asks you to marry him. What could go...
363K 9.8K 36
"Could you please be my wife for real?" Love seems the sweetest but it is the slowest of all growths . No man or woman really knows what perfect love...