Royal Claims (Royals #1)

By booklovertash

"Do you ever get the feeling where you want to scream and rip out all your hair, where you want to crawl into... More

Authors Notes
Prologue
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Author's Notes
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Authors notes
Chapter 10 part 1
Chapter 10 part 2
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Bonus Chapter
Sequel
Sequel is Up

Chapter 1

8.5K 206 6
By booklovertash

>>>>>>>>Picture of Nikki on the side

Chapter 1

‘Nikki wake up, you are going to be late” I groan as my mother voice bellows into my bed room. I feel my bed dip and I know she is sitting next to me “Come on, wake up!’ she yells and I scream and sit up in bed.

‘Jesus Mother I was getting up.’ She gives me a look and I know she is not buying it. My mother is about 100 years old but doesn’t look a day over 40, she has pale skin like all vampires and has blonde hair and blue eyes. Our age cycle is weird we age like normal humans, until we are about 21 years old and then our age rate slows down. So you could be a century old and look no older than 60.

‘Nikki stop daydreaming you are going too late for school.’ I groan. School just the place I want to be. I pull back my cover and get out of bed.

‘Could you pack my lunch and get my breakfast for on the run?’ She gives me a stern look and sighs.

‘You know you are going to have to drink from the vein sooner or later.’ Mother says.

‘I know,’ and I walk into my bathroom. Just about all vampires drink from the vein when they come of age but I refuse to and drink from blood bags. I get myself ready for another day at school the weather is cold but I really don’t feel it too much. I wear black jeans, a green shirt, a nice fluffy jacket and my converse. I look in the mirror and look at my pale completion. I am not complaining considering all vampire are pale but my pale skin really makes my emerald eyes and jet black hair stand out.

‘Hurry up Nikki how long does it take for you to get dressed?’ ahh that would be my twin brother Travis we basically are identical despite the fact that he is a guy and I am a girl. ‘Nik hurry up Tabitha and Alex are getting very impatient’ I sigh and leave my room, picking my bag off the floor.

‘I’m done ok let’s go.’  We leave our house but Mum and Dad stop us on the way. Whenever my Father enters the room the guards around the place bow and say “your highness” one of the things I am not looking forward too.

‘Morning Father.’ All four of us tend to say at the same time sounding very monotone.

‘Morning, Nikki remember you have lesson this afternoon so don’t be late and Travis look out for your sister today ok.’ He smiles at all of us with his perfect white teeth. Travis and I inherited our hair from our father who has get black hair but our eyes we have no idea as my father has brown eyes.

‘Yeah, yeah, I know look out for them protect them from any danger blah blah blah…’ My father growls at him and mum shakes her head.

‘Nikki here’s your lunch and breakfast.’ She hands me a lunch box and a mug which I can smell is hot with blood that makes my mouth water.

‘Thanks.’ I smile and turn around to see my other brother and sister waiting by Travis’s car.

‘Have fun!’ my father says and I roll my eyes. When I get in the car I sit in the front while Tabitha and Alex sit in the back.

‘Gross how can you drink that stuff.’ Tabitha says she and my brother Alex have decided to drink a bunny diet as we all call it which is all animal blood. They both take after mum with the blonde hair and blue eyes which makes them look more fey than vampire.

‘Well you don’t have to drink it so shut up.’ I snap and take a big sip of A negative I can hear them both complaining when Travis gets in.

‘Will both of you shut up already, ok.’ Travis says and they both get quiet very quickly.

‘Thankyou.’ I say. It seems funny that the people I need most protecting from is my family I sigh at that. We drive away from our house which is more like a mansion and head to school.

When we pull up of school we see kids all rushing in to meet there friends from our holiday break. I get out the car and take my last sip of blood and leave the mug in the car and sigh. Ares high, school for all supernaturals. Vampires aren’t the only mythical creatures around there are also fairies, werewolves, witches and shapeshifters and each have their own type of power. I feel a rush of wind blast past me as I see a female vampire running full speed into her boyfriend’s arms, I roll my eyes at the sight of them sucking off each other’s faces as I make my way into the busy school. The moment I step inside I feel like my head is going to explode with all the noises and my super sensitive hearing. My father says my powers are getting stronger as I get older since I have come of age. My father has been teaching me and my brother to try and block out the noise but I suck at it.

‘Nikki you ok?’ I feel Travis hand on my shoulder I cringe because his voice sounds so loud like he is yelling in my ear.

‘I am fine.’ I smile which is very forced and try very hard to block out the noise but the best I can do is get it to a buzzing noise.

‘You sure, I can take you home?’ He says worried for me. Even though he is a pain in my ass half the time when it comes to my safety and health he is very caring.

‘Yeah I can do this.’ I guess the prep talk in the car didn’t help. During the holidays both Travis and I both underwent some serious changes, we both got our full fangs and all of our powers got heightened I have had a hard time adjusting but Travis had no trouble at all.

‘Well if you need to leave just howler for me.’ I punch him in the arm and he rubs it.

‘Ouch that hurt!’ He smiles laughing as he walks away. When I get to my locker I hear a scream from behind me and jump at the sound.

‘Nikki!’ I turn around to be crushed by my best friend Vixen. Vixen is not a vampire but a witch, my father is still worried about our friendship but he allows it. She has blonde hair but dies it three different colours like most witches green, purple and pink.

‘Do you mind not screaming?’ I say slamming my locker and wincing at the noise.  

‘Whoa someone’s temperamental this morning.’ She gives me a huge hug and I cannot help but smell the delicious scent of her blood. I can feel my fangs coming through and I pull away and take three deep breaths. One other horrible thing about the change was the blood lust. My father says it will help if I drink from the vein but I am afraid I won’t be able to control myself.

‘Hey are you ok you look a little pale then you usually do?’ I look at my best friend to see her eyes are wide and her plush is racing I cannot help but lick my lips as everything around me stops and the only thing I can see and hear is Vixen’s blood and her beautiful blue vein and take a step forward when I feel a strong pair of hands wrap around my torso.

‘Nikki remember deep breathes think of me naked’ I cringe my nose at the thought of that and everything snaps back into I look to see a very frightened Vixen. I am turned around and I am staring into my brother chest. He looks down on me with a very worried face.

‘I told father not to let you go back to school but you know how he is come on, I am taking you home.’ He is dragging me away and causing a little bit of a scene. I shake out of it and face him.

‘No I am fine, really, it won’t happen again.’ He looks at me and he is still deciding what to do with me.

‘Look its ok, I will take care of her. Anyway if she does try and eat me I will cut of her air supply.’ Vixen says she smiles but I can tell she is still afraid.

‘Ok but if this happens again I am taking you home got it?’ His voice is sharp and he reminds me of Dad at this moment.

‘Crystal.’ I smile and him and he shakes his head and walks away.

‘Ok what the hell is going on and why all of a sudden your brother looks smoking hot and you look like a model?’ Vixen says once Travis is gone I grab her arm and pull her away from all the noise into a quiet room.

‘Ok so during the holidays Travis and I both got out adult fangs.’ Her mouth is wide open and it is a first time Vixen is lost for words.

‘Are you kidding me aren’t you too young this doesn’t happen to your nearly 17, 18 not when you just turned 16 what the hell!’ she looks dumb founded and I give her a shy smile.

‘Yeah well, my father says some people mature earlier than other not that I can say Travis is mature.’ I laugh at my inside joke but Vixen is still staring at me like I have grown an extra head.

‘But you’re only just 16 Nikki!’ Is all she seems to say.

‘I know it happened on our 16th birthday I woke up with these two bloody fangs and a very strong craving for blood and the next thing I know is Travis has burst into my room with two full grown fangs of his own we were both scared I mean we just turned 16 Drake and Violeta didn’t get theirs until they were almost 18.’ It makes me wonder when my other two siblings will get theirs.

‘So what you have a craving for blood? Oh my god do you drink from the vein now?’ I shake my head at her.

‘Travis does but let’s just say he adapted more quickly than I have to the change I am having a difficult time controlling all my powers.’ She shakes her head like this is not real.

‘I cannot believe this.’ Just then the bell rings and the class room is filling up ‘I will talk to you at lunch.’ She waves me off and goes to her class. I take a seat at the back where I like it. I am not very popular I have one friend and not very good with other people. A boy comes and sits next to me who happens to be a werewolf great. The school tries to get all supernatural’s to work together but that normally doesn’t happen. Werewolf’s happen to be the supernatural we vampire hate the most I wouldn’t say they are our enemy’s but we really don’t like each other for company and it is a mutual feeling we both stay out of each other’s way and everything is fine.

‘Ok everyone settle down,’ our teacher is at the front and straight away I know he is a fairy. All fairies tend to have a glow around them and they tend to get a lot of shit about it.

‘Ok first off you will spend the next 5 minutes getting to know the person you are sitting next to while I hand out your timetables.’ Our teacher shuffles around his desk and the class room breaks out into noise.

‘So gorgeous what’s your name?’ I turn to see werewolf boy smiling in a teasing way.

‘You tell me yours and I will tell you mine’ I smile sarcastically and he growls in that animal tone ‘Just what I thought’! I smile and turn back to the front of the class.

‘Well aren’t you a piece of sunshine this morning!’ I don’t have time to think I get up and slam my hand on his desk and the class goes silent.

‘Call me that again and you won’t have a throat or any balls left you got me?’ I say to his face and he seems to go pale.

‘Miss pack up your bag and come to the front of the class.’ Our teacher says but I just stare and werewolf kid ‘Now!’

 I turn around and grab my bag and sit and the front of the class. Deep breaths Nikki I tell myself I usually don’t snap like that but my emotions have also been heightened due to the change. It takes a while for the class to go back to normal. Most vampires always brag when they get the adult fangs but we were told by father because we are much younger it will be harder so if we could keep it a secret just for a little while which was fine by both of us. Most people in the school know who my father is but they also know the type of family I have so most people leave me along and hang out with Travis because they think he will be our father next successor little do they know.

‘Nikki!’ my name is called by the teacher.

‘Here’ I say and he looks and me and frowns when I get up and he passes me my timetable no doubt he say what my subjects were and was wondering. I sit back in my desk and look over what I have. Unlike a normal school we have special subject’s everyday which cater to what supernatural you are so if you are a werewolf it might be about your change on a full moon or a fairy and how to control your power. Even though most parents teach their children to control their powers school like to think they also have a little bit of control. Because of my recent change I have been put in advance bloodlust and advance power control great just what I want. We have these subjects when every year but as we get older the more detail it all becomes and the moment you gain your adult fangs you are put into that class well every student in that class would have matured but it is unheard of for someone of my age to skip a grade and that is what I am doing going from year 10 level to year 11 and 12. I also have math’s, English, supernatural history 101, art , Music, blending 101 and sports. I feel a tap on my shoulder and I turn around to see another vampire looking over my shoulder

‘Hey what did you get?’ she ask.

‘You know the say thing math’s, history, art, music what about you?’ I ask and straight away she hand me her timetable.

‘Cool!’ is all I mange.

‘Can I see yours?’ She ask.

‘Well it will be the same as yours I guess.’ I smile and she does too letting a small amount of her fangs poke though.

‘Sorry about that it happens when I get really excited.’ I try to sound interested but the sound of scrapping chalk makes me cringe ‘You all right?’

‘Yeah sure.’ When the bell rings I bolt out of the class and try to hunt down my brother when I find Tabitha lipped locked with a fey.

‘Tabitha what are you doing?’ I say and she pushes him away.

‘I was umm I was just…’ I shake my head at her and I can tell she is very embarrassed.

‘Remember what happened to Violeta.’ That is all I say and she is fleeing away. Violeta is my older sister who happened to get knocked up by a fairy at some party she went to I shake my head thinking dad would kill her if he ever found out what just happened. I make my way across the school to my first class of the day supernatural history 101.

When lunch comes around I am more than excited to see Vixen waiting for me at our usual table some days we will sit outside but due to my super sensitive skin we never stay out there for too long.

‘Hey how has your day been?’ I sit down and rest my head on the table.

‘Don’t even get me started I found my sister lipped locked with a fey, I got sent to the front of the class in homeroom and don’t even start me on what classes I have had today.’ I sigh and close my eyes.

‘I heard what happened in home room did you really slam your hand down on his desk and told him you would cut out his throat and balls.’ I nod and Vixen who is laughing her head off  ‘Damn girl what happened to you during the break.’ I give her a knowing look and she sigh with me. I groan when I hear a set of nails drag along a desk

‘God I hate this so much all the little noises I try to block it out but urgghh. I swear to god if she scraps her nails along the table one more time I am going to go over there and rip each one off her tiny little finger.’ Vixen looks at me and over to where Abigale is sitting.

‘Wait you can hear that over all this noise.’ she says wide eyed.

‘Yes and it is giving me a headache.’ Abigale is a vampire a school princess she thinks everything revolves around her one time she even said that she was going to be my father next successor.

‘Well cheer up it look like one of the older vamps are going to talk to her.’ I look up to see someone mouthing off at her and she looks down and apologizes.

‘God she is a menace.’ I say.

‘Who?’ I turn to see my twin brother sliding to sit next to me.

‘Umm what the hell do you think you are doing?’ I look at him to see a smug look on his face.

‘Why can’t I sit down to have lunch with my loving sister for once?’ I snort loving my ass.

‘Ok what do you want?’ I say very bluntly. He always wants something.

‘No I am being serious how are you doing?’ I sigh because I know he is serious now.

‘Ok I guess I wish I picked it up like you did god I feel like I am ready to kill someone.’ I sigh again.

‘You nervous about next lesson’

‘What do you think?’ I say.

‘Why what do you have next lesson?’ Vixen asked.

‘We both got advance bloodlust and advance powers next lesson happens to be bloodlust the advance powers.’ Her mouth seems to drop and my brother glares at me like I have committed a crime.

‘Why did you tell her?’ he winces like a two year old.

‘Because I tried to eat her this morning that is why!’ he looks apologetic.  

‘Fair enough you know you are going to have to tell dad.’ I groan at the thought of that conversation.

‘I will bring it up at dinner ok.’ He gives me a kiss on my head and walks over to his groups of friends

‘Ok when were you going to tell me?’ Vixen says once Travis leaves.

‘I don’t know.’ I shrug and pull out my lunch which happens to me a salad wrap with capsule of blood hidden in it. I take a bite and one explodes in my mouth and I try not to moan at how good it taste.

‘Holy shit!’ Vixen says which pulls me out of my daydream of swimming in a blood bath.

‘What!’ I say and take another bite and lick my lips. Damn this taste like heaven.

‘Your eyes they have a red ring.’ She says.

‘Oh shit this is not meant to happen for at least six more mouth get Travis quick.’ Vixen runs to get Travis and I bolt into the bath room and lock myself into a cubical and start to cry. Once you mature and get your fangs you also get a red ring around your eyes when you drink blood but that is not meant to happen until six months after the change so you get used to all the powers and the bloodlust under control but because I have it already it means my bloodlust will be stronger and I cannot keep it together as it already is.

‘Nikki are you in here?’ It is Travis but I cannot seem to talk.

‘Travis you cannot just walk in there.’ I can hear Vixen.

‘To hell I can’t!’ I hear the door open and a soft knock at my door ‘Open up, please Nikki,’ his voice is soft and I can feel the power of compulsion coming off, another thing we got when we matured ‘Please Nikki!’ I keep my eyes closed and open up the door and sit on the toilet seat and Travis crouches down in front of me.

‘Hey, Nikki look at me!’ He lifts up my chin but I keep my eyes glued shut ‘Nikki I don’t want to use compulsion on you, but if you don’t open your eyes I will have too.’

‘Hey! What are doing in here boys aren’t allowed!’ a girl says.

‘Family vampire issues, you understand.’ Vixen says and the girl leaves it is normal for vampires to have family problems as we go through the hardest change at high school.

‘Nikki on the count of three. One… two..’ I open my eyes and I hear is gasp and I close them ‘No, open them and let me see.’ I open them again and look into his same matching green eyes and tears fill my own again ‘Oh Nikki come here!’ My brother pulls me into his lap and I cry.

‘You know what this means. I cannot do it the change Travis. The lessons at home, it is all just too much for me.’ I cry and he just holds me.

‘You and I we, stick together ok, I would never leave you and look the red is nearly gone, you can look for yourself.’ I get up and look in the mirror and see he is right, just about all the red is gone.

‘Thankyou.’ Is all I say as I splash water on my face. When I think I have calmed down the bell rings. Just in time.

‘Do you want to come around this afternoon?’ Vixen ask and I shake my head.

‘No, I think I am fine.’ I smile at her and all three of us leave together.

‘I will see you tomorrow then.’ She gives me a hug and skips off to next class.

‘You ready?’ Travis ask me.

‘No.’

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

6.9M 178K 38
β€’ N O T A F A N F I C T I O N β€’ The things I do are not for pleasure or entertainment. I do them for the sake of revenge. I seduce V...
1.4K 170 35
"It is really stupid but I still love you." I smiled. I heard two growls one came from Lium and other came from Zander. "What?" I looked at them with...
86.8K 3.5K 39
Highest Ranking #18 In Vampire. Completed |βœ”οΈ| My eyes shot open as I breathe heavily trying to regain the loss of breath. Sitting up from laying do...
14.2M 80.9K 9
Only sample chps. Annabelle finds out that she is not the real daughter of the Alpha at her werewolf pack. As the world she knows comes collapsing d...