Play the Game ✔️

By VeroniqueLeNoir

"Come on! We want to get a good seat!" She smiled brightly. "Yeah, I'm coming--" She was entranced by the fl... More

New Kid In Town
Midnight Train
Dog Daze and Nights
You Can Do Magic
Dream a Little Dream of Me
As We Walked Along Together
Lawyers, Guns and Money
Déjà Vu
Tell Me When The Whistle Blows
Tell Me When The Whistle Blows - Part Two
Tell Me When the Whistle Blows - Part Three
Tell Me When the Whistle Blows - Part Four
Smackwater Jack
Us and Them
My Eyes Adored You
It's in His Kiss
Synchronicity I
Author's Note
Mixing It Up
I Wanna Rock and Roll All Night
Don't Do Me Like That
Don't Do Me Like That - Part Two
Jazzman
All the Young Dudes
All the Young Dudes - Part Two
Christmas Time Is Here
Christmas Time Is Here - Part Two
Hearts
Welcome To My Nightmare
Welcome To My Nightmare - Part Two
You Were Always On My Mind
You Were Always On My Mind - Part Two
Anticipation
Anticipation -Part Two
Feels Like the First Time
Vehicle
Vehicle - Part Two
Al Garimasu (There is Love)
Tumblin'
The Story in Your Eyes
The Story in Your Eyes -Part Two
Last Kind Words
Home Sweet Home
Home Sweet Home - Part Two
Play the Game
Having My Baby
Thank You for Being a Friend
Thank You for Being a Friend - Part Two
I'll be True to You
I'll be True to You - Part Two
I'll be True to You - Part Three
If You Could Read My Mind
Saturday Night's Alright for Fighting
Leaving on a Jet Plane
It's All I Can Do
I've Been Tricked

Lawyers, Guns and Money - Part Two

1K 43 9
By VeroniqueLeNoir

Three seconds later, Liesel was staring at a large black dog, about the size of a small bear. She heard Romulus bark and roo as he pranced, eager to get to the new dog and she released him as Sirius had requested. Sirius' animagus stood tall and did not move an inch, but his posture was relaxed. Romulus skidded to a halt and sniffed the animagus, then whimpered. Sirius' animagus gave a play-bow and then took off around the room followed eagerly by Romulus. He stopped abruptly and allowed Romulus to place his head over his shoulders. Romulus then bolted and Sirius' animagus gave chase.

She heard Lily gasp and she pointed to where James had been crouched down and the gazed upon a very large magnificent stag.

"Day-um," Liesel said beneath her breath. She also heard Lily whimpering. "Hey! What's wrong! They're not going to hurt anyone! It's okay! Don't cry sweetie! Please!"

"Oh! I know they won't," she cried.

"Then what's wrong!"

Lily took the younger girl's hands in hers. "Do you know what the Patronus Charm is?"

"Yes of course I do, why?"

"Are you able to produce one?"

Liesel nodded. "Yeah, my dad made sure I could. Why?"

"Lovely...that's really good! And what is it?"

Liesel blushed. "It's a...cat. A big cat," she said as she nodded her head and rolled her eyes.

"Well of course it is!" Lily smiled through her tears as she nodded. "And you're being so smart about it all...you're not fighting your feelings at all...not at all like me..."

Liesel looked into Lily's emerald green eyes. "Ohhhhh."

Lily nodded. "Mmhmm...

Liesel felt Sirius' hot breath in her ear. "And now you know why I said what I said in the Great Hall." Sirius reached his fingers into her front pocket and she quickly moved away, but not before he managed to grab a homemade dog biscuit. He stuffed it into his mouth and closed his eyes. "Mmmmm..." He nodded. "Mmhmm, these are amazing," he said, his mouth salivating. "Apple, cinnamon and peanut butter! I've died and gone to doggy heaven!" He looked up and motioned toward James and Lily. "He's waited six years for this," he whispered.

"Sirius, you look like you're gonna cry!"

He nodded. "I've invested heavily in them. We all have." Never had Sirius seen his best friend look so vulnerable. He finally pursed his lips and threw a kiss in their direction.

James looked over Lily's shoulder at him. "Shut it!" Lily looked over her shoulder and hid her face in her hands. "No, no, no...please don't hide. You have to have known that I've loved you since...since forever!"

Lily nodded. "I know!"

"Please tell me that you feel something other than pure hatred for me!"

"I don't hate you James," she said.

"Then why are you so mean to me!"

"Because," she said fidgeting a bit.

"Because why?"

"Because you expect it and..." She began to giggle.

"And what?"

Lily was outright laughing now. "And because it's fun..."

"FUN!"

Lily nodded and tears spilled from her eyes and she placed her hands on his chest. "Yes, it's fun to watch you squirm, and see what you're going to do next to win my heart."

Sirius stomped his boot-clad foot on the floor. "SNOG HER ALREADY!"

Liesel swung her arm to the side, her fist connecting with the center of Sirius' diaphragm. "OWWW! What did ya go and do that for!"

"They're having an incredibly romantic moment!"

He pointed toward them. "I can see that and they're ruining it for me!"

"Shuddup," Liesel teased as she shook her head.

Sirius leaned in and grinned as he licked his lips. "Make me," he whispered.

She moved closer toward him and leaned into him. "I can, you know."

"I'm quite aware of that," he replied staring into her eyes as he stealthily reached into her pocket for another biscuit and she raised her brows at him. He noshed on the confection and smiled. "These are really good," he chuckled as she shook her head.

"Bested by a biscuit," she said under her breath, as she reached in her pocket and withdrew a biscuit for Romulus, who'd been pawing at her hip.

"When's the wedding," Sirius cried out at having seen his best friend kiss the only girl he's ever cared for.

"James," Lily said sweetly. "May I borrow your wand? I left mine in my room."

"Of course I have it Darling, why do you want it?"

She smiled sweetly and took his wand from his fingers. "Because I'm going to set his arse on fire."

James chuckled uncomfortably as he quickly withdrew his wand from her grasp. "Ah no. Darling, I can't allow you to do that!"

"Ahhh! That's right!" Sirius exclaimed, pointing and he hopped in place excitedly. "BROS BEFORE DOES!" He gave his own girlfriend a quick glance and smiled. "That's a good one, innit? Well, isn't it?" His face fell. "You. Don't. Think. So?"

"Hey guys," Liesel asked as James and Lily approached them, holding each other's hands. "Umm, look, I'm not as emotionally invested as you two are...Umm...you want me to zap him?"

James nodded. "Yes please."

"Hey," Sirius whined, his lower lip quivering and his eyes, suddenly large and rounded.

"Your puppy dog eyes are not going to get you out of this scenario Sirius Orion Black," James said.

Liesel looked up into his sad eyes. "Orion? Really? What, your mama not like you much?"

Sirius' demeanor completely changed in an instant from playful to aggravation within a second.

"Guess not," Liesel said and looked away uncomfortably as Lily took her hand.

"That is one of the things we wanted to talk to you about."

"At least your father loves you enough to place a tracking spell upon you," Sirius said as he turned and headed out of the kitchen.

"More like he doesn't trust me, I think!"

Sirius turned on his heel. "NO!" He approached her quickly and Romulus produced a low growl halting Sirius in his tracks. "No Liesel, he loves you and I'd be willing to bet that you are the world to him. He's only trying to protect you!"

"You don't know anything about my father!"

Sirius nodded his head. "Oh, but I do! I know who he is!"

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah."

"Who?"

"Albert J. Moody."

"Moody," James asked. "But your sir name is Rhodes?"

"My mother's name."

"And he's one hell of an auror. Only he and his brother have been successful in defeating dark wizards without a single death!"

"Blimey! Is that right!"

Sirius' eyes met with James' and he nodded. "Yeah, they're that good. I wanna be that good someday."

"Trust me, it's not all it's cracked up to be, being an auror...or the family of said auror," Liesel said flatly.

"That's how you know how to produce a Patronus, isn't it," Lily asked and Liesel nodded.

Sirius turned to face her. "Still mad at me?" He stared into her eyes and all three heard her huff. "Good I am still as well. Come on." He grabbed her hand and pulled her along toward the Great Hall.

"What! I'm not going anywhere with you! Not when you're all mad and..."

He stopped again and turned to face her. "Now look here! I know this castle and the grounds like the back of my hand. You don't! And I'll be damned if I'm going to let anything happen to you! Now, come on!"

Liesel looked over her shoulder and the smiling Prefect and her Qudditch Captain, then whistled for her dog and Romulus trotted behind them happily.

"She's good for him," Lily said.

James nodded. "Mmhmm. I think you're right."

Lily gasped and looked into his eyes. "Are we actually agreeing on something?"

James smiled and nodded as he brought her hands to his lips and kissed them shyly. "I believe we are!"

"I wonder how long she's going to stay mad at him?"

"No idea," James replied.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

289K 7.4K 22
❝ You know, Lupin, you really are quite handsome ❞ ⋆ ⋆ ⋆ Trouble comes as double when you're a twin, treble when you're a twin from the House of Bl...
183K 4.1K 21
"Bloody hell," whispers James. "I don't think I've ever seen that before." All I can do is stare blankly at him. "she was just so nice about it..." ...
70.1K 2.5K 19
"Raven, listen! Listen to me! We can still fix this, just... don't go yet, okay? Let me help you, love. Please, Raven! I love you!" Raven did not tu...
19.8K 571 36
As y/n Grimblehawk stepped into the halls of Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, she couldn't shake off the feeling that she had been there b...