Operation Friendzoned (Cashby...

By Captain_Cashby

Kellin and Vic were the best of friends from the time they were in second grade and on. But, when Vic gets a... More

One
Two
Three
Four
Five
Six
Seven
Eight
Ten
Eleven
Twelve
Thirteen
Fourteen
Chapter Fifteen
Chapter Sixteen
Chapter Seventeen
Chapter Eighteen
Chapter Nineteen
Chapter Twenty
Epilogue

Nine

767 43 8
By Captain_Cashby

Kellin's POV

I groaned when Vic called me, already knowing what he was going to say as soon as I answered. He was probably going to tell me that Emily wanted to join us at the skatepark and then I was going to get pissed off.

"Hey Kells."

"Hey, let me guess. Emily."

"Yeah, she wants to go on a date. So, I was thinking we could just go to the skate park tomorrow."

"I can't tomorrow."

"Why not?" He asked and I could practically hear the frown in his voice.

"I have a date," I said.

"With who? Why haven't you told me!?"

"Brendon."

"Really!?"

"Yeah, we've been hooking up a few times lately and he wanted to take me out for ice cream."

"That's good?"

"Yeah, I guess. I mean I just wanted it to be some random fuck."

"But this is good for you then."

"I guess."

"It is. Well then we'll go another day, okay?"

"Maybe. If you don't ditch me for Emily," I mumbled and hung up.

He always ditched me for her.

"Ugh!" I groaned, throwing my phone. 

I can't believe he was doing this to me yet again. He just, it wasn't even worth it. He was being so ignorant. He couldn't even see past her stupid facade and it pissed me off.

I wish I could punch him. I wanted to knock some sense into him.  I really, really did.

I needed to get out of this damn house and get my mind off of him.  He wasn't worth wasting my time on right now. I grabbed my phone and skimmed through my contacts trying to find someone.

Who should it be?

I bit my lip. I didn't want to bother Austin again. I felt like I was turning into a nuisance.  I didn't want to be a nuisance to him and I knew he was getting annoyed with me. I was annoyed with me at this point.

I didn't know who to go to.

I bit my lip a little harder and pressed Alan's name. Maybe he'd be up for it.  I hoped he'd be up for it. I shot him a quick text asking if he was free.

I let out a relieved sigh when he said he was free. I asked him if he wanted to hang out and nervously waited for his response.  He texted me back saying he'd be up for something. I quickly grew tired of texting and just gave in and called him.

"Kellin, is everything okay?" Alan asked when he answered.

"Do you wanna go to the skatepark?"

"Sure, I don't know how, though."

"I can show you."

"I won't die will I?"

"No, I'll take good care of you."

"Okay good."

"And if I do somehow let you die, I give you full permission to haunt me."

"Even better."

"Or even let Austin beat me up, although, that might not work. He's a weenie."

"He's not a weenie."

I giggled. "Al, I've been best friends with him for like, ever. Trust me when I say he's a weenie."

"He's a cute weenie then."

"Oh my god, he's fucking adorable," I exclaimed.

"Austin? I know, but I got dibs."

"I've had dibs for years," I argued. "You can't do that. We're engaged! I bought him a ring and everything!"

"You better convince him that then."

"I spent a whole quarter on that damn ring and he wears it on a chain. That proves he's mine."

"He's not yours and he's not mine either."

"He's mine. Perry gave me ownership papers. I'm on my way to your house, by the way." With that I got off of my bed and slipped my shoes on before I headed to my car.

"You  can't own him."

"I own him," I said, walking downstairs. "He's legally mine. I'll even prove it to you," I said before adding Austin into a threeway on the phone.

"What do you need Kells?" Austin asked.

"Didn't your dad sell you to me when we were ten! I own you!" I shouted into the phone.

"You don't own me!"

"I have the papers. You signed them."

Austin let out a sigh. "Yes, you own me," he mumbled. "But I don't think it was legally binding. Why do you even have it anymore?"

"For moments like this when Alan doesn't believe that I own you."

"He owns you?" Alan asked.

"Yes! He's mine!"

"That's weird."

"Why didn't you tell me Alan was on the phone!?" Austin exclaimed. "Al, I promise. It's just Kellin being a weirdo."

"I didn't think you needed to know he was on the phone."

"Yes I did!"

"I don't think so," I hummed. "Ally kins and I are going to the skate park, do you wanna tag along."

"I'll be there in ten!" Austin said.

I laughed. "Of course you will. By the way, I guess I need to sign your papers over to Alan, huh?"

"You really do."

"I don't know if I wanna. I love you too much, you're all I've got."

"You should."

"I don't care what I should do."

"You gotta do this Kellin."

"If Alan gets to date you, I get to own you. It's only fair. I mean, you still have the ring that I spent all of my allowance on so... that has to mean something."

"It was from a machine Kellin."

"It doesn't matter!"

"Whatever, just see you guys at the skatepark." He said and hung up.

"That was interesting."

"Yeah, I'll see you in a few Kellin." Alan said then hung up.

I sighed and jumped into my car as I was already standing outside and started the drive to Alan's house.

When I got there I headed up to his apartment.  I knocked on the door a couple of times and shoved my hands in my pockets and waited for someone to answer.

"Hi, can I help you?" Alan's mom asked when the door opened up.

"Hi uh, is Alan ready? We were gonna go hangout? I'm his uh, friend Kellin," I said, unsure if Alan even thought of me as a friend.

"Friend!? Oh come in!"

Ms. Ashby stepped back and I awkwardly walked in as she stared at me wide eyed.

"I guess you could call us that, although, I think Alan would think of me more as a menace rather than a friend. But he's my friend," I rambled. I never did well with parents.

"You're a friend to him and you're young and I've never met a friend of Alan's before."

"Mom!" Alan said walking into the room, "Really?"

"It's true! I"ve only ever met Oliver!"

"Mom stop. I have friends."

"I see that now!"

"Really mom?"

I snorted as his mom turned to me. "Would you like to sit down? Have some cookies and lemonade?"

Alan sighed, "Mom."

"What kinda cookies?" I asked, mainly to mess with Alan.

"Chocolate chip, those are the only ones Alan will eat."

"Oh my god, I'd love one. I'm a hoe for chocolate chip!" I exclaimed. "And I'd love to try your lemonade."

Alan rolled his eyes, "Really?"

"Honey, I wanna meet your friend.  And this one is actually your age!"

"He's also annoying," Alan mumbled.

I let out a gasp. "I am offended!"

"Don't be."

"Can you believe this is how he treats me?" I said, looking at his mother wide eyed. "And to think, I'm about to teach him how to skateboard."

"Skateboard? Bring a first- aid because Alan's not the best at these things."

"Mom!"

I laughed. "Don't worry Mrs. Ashby, I'll make sure nothing happens on my watch. I'm a great teacher, I taught his-- well, whatever Austin is to him, how to skateboard before."

"Be careful, he's my only baby."

"I'm not a baby," Alan mumbled.

"I'll hold his hand the whole time," I promised. "And if I bring him back in one piece, you've gotta let me try some of those cookies. Deal?"

"Deal." Mrs. Ashby said.

I beamed and looked at Alan. "You ready to go, Allykins?"

Alan nodded, "Yeah. I'll be home by like seven."

"Okay, have fun and be careful!"

"Will do." He said and pushed me out of the apartment.

"I wasn't done!" I whined.

"You are done. You could have texted me to come down, you didn't have to come upstairs."

"I wanted to, though."

"Why? That was embarrassing."

"It was cute."

"No it wasn't."

"Yes it was."

"It was totally uncool and embarrassing. This is why I don't have friends over."

"It wasn't. I wish my parents made that big of a deal."

"Sorry."

"It's not your fault," I said with a shrug. In all actuality, my parents really just didn't give a fuck. They were at this point where they didn't even care what I did. Sure, they were cool and fun. But they were more like friends than parents. Which was fine with me. For the most part.

"It'll be okay."

I chuckled. "Al, I honestly don't care."

"Oh, uh okay?"

I shrugged and started to the car. "Come along my dear Ally-Kins."

He nodded, "alright."

"I've got two different skateboards in the back, when we get to the skatepark you can pick one out."

"Okay."

"Alright," I said and opened the car door for him.

"Thank you."

"It's no problem. I'm a gentleman like that," I hummed and walked around to my side.

"You are a gentleman, sometimes."

"I'm always a gentleman. I have no idea what you're talking about when you say sometimes," I said, climbing into the car.

He laughed.

"I am the gentleman-est of the gentlemen."

"Whatever makes you sleep at night."

"Hateful," I exclaimed.

"I'm not hateful."

"You are. And you're a hater."

"I'm not a hater."

"You are, you're totally a hater," I said, pulling out of the parking lot.

"Whatever."

"It's true," I said, glancing at him. "You're a hater."

"I'm not!"

"Haters gonna hate, hate, hate," I sang.

"Stop!"

"Just gonna, shake it off."

"Kellin!"

I chuckled and glanced at him. "That's my name."

"Are we almost there?"

"Yep," I said, turning onto the next street.

"Will I break anything?"

"Not on my watch."

"You sure? My mom won't want to bring me to the doctors or something."

"I promise, you'll be alright."

"Thanks."

"Don't thank me."

"Too late."

"I"m going to punch you every time you thank me for something from now on."

"No! I'm sensitive.'

"All the more reason for me to punch you," I said simply.

"Don't!"

"Then don't thank me."

"Okay, I won't."

"Good boy," I said, pulling in front of the skatepark.

"I'm not a dog."

"You are today, Ashby."

"I don't wanna be a dog."

"Come on, come on," I said, clapping my hands. "If you do all of your tricks right I'll get you a treat."

"A treat? I'm really not a dog."

I smiled and patted his head before I went around and grabbed the skateboards out of my trunk.

He got out and came over to me.

"Which one do you want?" I asked, holding them up.

"That one is fine."

I nodded and handed him one. "Are you sure you didn't want to ride the one in the middle?" I asked with a wink.

"What does that even mean?"

I groaned. "Oh my god."

"What?"

"You're so innocent."

"What does it mean?"

"Nothing, nothing."

"Tell me!"

"You're too innocent."

"What does it mean? I wanna know."

"Alan, I'm not telling you," I said with a laugh and started walking into the skatepark, locking the car up on my way.

"What? Why not?"

"Because, I don't want to ruin your innocence."

He sighed, "Fine."

"Come on, puppy," I coaxed.

"I'm not a dog."

"I  said puppy."

"I'm not a puppy either."

"You're my innocent virgin puppy."

"I'm not a puppy."

"You're my puppy, Alan, accept it and I'll even buy you a collar."

"I'm not your puppy and I don't need a collar."

"When's your birthday?" I asked, dropping the skateboard and got on it with ease.

"May 22nd why?"

"I'm buying you a collar for your birthday," I said, riding by him as we continued to the ramps. "Get on," I instructed, looking at the board in his hands.

"What? I don't want a collar."

"You're getting one. Now, quit talking about the collar and get on your skateboard."

He sighed and set the board down, "I don't know how."

"That's why I'm going to teach you," I said and stopped skating and stood on the board, hands on my hips as I looked down at him. Being on the skateboard gave me a few inches advantage.

"Okay, okay."

"Get on it."

He nodded and carefully got on the board. He then found himself flat on his back.

I snorted and helped him up. "Not like that."

"I can't do this. I'm not coordinated."

I rolled my eyes and helped him onto the skateboard and didn't let go until he was on it and balanced.

"Now what?" He asked.

"Kells? What are you doing?" Austin asked, walking towards us.

"I'm trying to teach my replacement how to skateboard but he has no balance."

"I'm not good at this." Alan muttered, "I can watch you guys skateboard!"

"No, if you're going to be part of our squad, you're learning," I said and put my hands on his back before I started pushing him across the pavement carefully.

"Kellin!"

"What?" I asked, innocently. "Bring a foot down and push off on the ground a little. Keep standing just like you are and don't freak out."

He looked back at me and attempted to do just that but instead fell on his face.

"Alan!" Austin shouted and ran to him.

I sighed and pinched the bridge of my nose. "Why'd you turn to look at me?" I asked.

"Because I don't know what I'm doing." He said.

"I told you what to do, you didn't have to look at me," I said as Austin helped him up and got him back on the skateboard. I handed mine to Austin and put my hands on Alan's back once I got him standing right. "I'm not going to let go, my hands are right here. Now, without looking at me, push off with one foot then put your foot in the same position it's in right now."

"Okay, okay."

Alan did as instructed and I kept my hands on his back, pushing him along carefully until he got the hang of it and slowly pulled my hands away without him noticing. I looked at Austin.

"Is this what fathers feel like after teaching their kids how to ride a bike?"

"I think so." Austin said with a smile.

"I'm so proud," I said, wiping a fake tear as Alan skated a little more before he stopped and jumped off. "I should teach him stuff more often."

I looked at Austin and gave him an evil grin.

"What's that look for?" He asked nervously.

"What if," I paused and chuckled as ALan started walking towards us. "I teach him how to kiss? Just like I taught you?"

"You didn't teach me how to kiss." Austin said.

"Yes I did. If i remember correctly, we were playing truth or dare in eighth grade. You said you didn't know how to kiss and I told you I'd show you and then your braces cut my lip. I still have the scar. You might have to kiss it and make it better," I said and pushed my lip out for him.

"Doesn't count. Alan was my first kiss and he knows that."

"Uh, excuse you Austin Robert Carlile, I have kissed you so many times through out our friendship I can't even count!"

"That doesn't count."

"What are you guys talking about?" Alan asked when he got to us.

"I was Austin's first kiss," I told him. "He's trying to deny the years of love we've had."

"Oh really?"

"Yes."

"I'm not counting him," Austin said. "Kellin doesn't count because he kisses me without permission."

"Seven minutes of heaven in freshman year begs to differ," I sang, rocking on my heels.

"Was he really?" Alan asked.

I looked at Alan. "Who do you think taught him how to bite the bottom lip and grab that ass in hte middle of the kiss?"

"I don't know, he just said I was the first person he kissed. I didn't question it."

"Oh, you're the first person he's kissed that he actually loved kissing. Don't worry, we've only kissed when I decided to be a shit and mess with him. Or when I taught him how to kiss. I don't think it counts," I said, smiling at him. Austin was my absolute bestfriend --well, along with Vic--and maybe our friendship seemed weird to some but, honestly, it was to be expected of me. I kissed literally everyone.

"Okay." He said rubbing the back of his neck.

I gave him a smile and gave him a quick peck on the lips. "There, you're in the club. Now, let's skate, what do you say?" I said.

He looked at me wide eyes, "Uh... yeah?"

I chuckled and shook my head, "You're perfect for him," I muttered.

He blushed.

I rolled my eyes and got back on my board. "Come on."

,,,,

"So, you really think he's perfect for me?" Austin asked. It was currently three in the morning and I was laying with my head in his lap as we watched some stupid Netflix movie and he played with my hair.

"Duh," I muttered.

"Really?"

I looked up at him and flicked his nose. "Austin, I have an amazing judge of character. Sure, he acts like he has a stick shoved so far up his ass it's unbelievable whenever he's around me, he's also pretty cool. He's nice, nerdy, quiet, accepting-- sorta. He's everything you need. And if I wanted anyone dating you, aside from me, I'm glad it's him."

He gave me a smile, "Thanks Kellin. I really do like him."

"I know, and even though I know you're probably going to get all pissy and act like I'm being a prick or whatever, I give you my best friend blessing. I promise, if you ask him out and you two start getting serious, I won't meddle. I won't act like I do with Vic and the whore either."

"Why thank you." He laughed.

I smiled up at him. "I love you Aust, like, a lot. If it weren't for you and Alan I probably would have gone crazy."

"Someone's gotta keep you sane."

"Let's be real," I giggled. "I haven't been sane in years."

"That's true."

"I blame you and Vic. You two always had me do the stupid stuff when we were younger and I think it did damage."

"We didn't make you do everything."

"You guys made me jump off of your roof with stupid moonshoes! I broke my ankle because of that!"

"You lost a bet!"

"We were twelve! What kind of bet was that!?"

"Do you two know what sleep is?" Perry asked, walking into the room to glare at us tiredly.

"Sorry dad." Austin said, "We'll quiet down."

"Sorry dad number three!" I quipped.

"Just go to bed."

I giggled and buried my face in Austin's stomach as Perry shut the door once more.

"We should probably get to bed soon."

"I can't sleep," I admitted. "I have too much on my mind."

"Vic?"

I nodded. "And Emily. Austin, if I tell you a secret, do you promise not to tell anyone. Not even Alan?"

"Yeah, what is it?"

I sat up and sighed. "I've never had a crush on you. Sorry. It was kinda just like a cover up. I'm uh, I'm kinda, I uh, I'm-" I stopped with a huff and buried my face in my hands, this was harder than I thought.

"Kinda what?"

"I'm in love with Vic. I've always been in love with him and that's why I don't like this Austin. I'm in love with him and he's so far up Emily's fucking vagina it's insane. I can't, she's terrible and not good for him and I just love him and," I cut myself off as I started crying.

He pulled me into a hug, "I'm sorry Kellin. I've never even met her, but if he's been such a dick lately because of her I don't like her,

"It's not your fault," I mumbled. "I've always known that he'd never want to be with me it's just, I thought I'd always at least have him as a best friend but now I don't think I'm even going to have him as that anymore."

"We could always change it or something.'

"What are you saying?" I asked, pulling away and rubbed at my eyes.

"I don't know. Get to break up, like you said you wanted."

"But how? I've had Lynn try to get dirt on her but even she can't get anything and she's my go to gossip queen."

"We could frame her."

"But, Vic would just be upset with me for ruining his relationship with her," I sniffed.

"Well yeah, but he wouldn't have to know it was you."

"I can't just lie to Vic."

"I guess so."

I sighed and got under the covers. "Let's just go to sleep, I guess."

"Everything will work itself out Kells."

I nodded numbly and laid my head on my best friend's chest. "It must be a relief for you, knowing I'm not actually obsessed with you, huh?"

"A little bit."

"Just a bit?" I asked, smiling up at him. "Does this mean you actually kinda liked it?"

"I didn't like it, but liked feeling wanted."

"I'll always want you. Just, not like that. The only reason I even started acting like that was because like, ninth grade, Vic asked me who I had a crush on and I told him my best friend, the idiot thought I meant you and I was too chicken to tell him otherwise so I kinda just had to act like it was you and make it convincing. If that makes any sense."

"That makes total sense."

I nodded. "Although, I must admit, you're a pretty great guy and I can totally see why Alan's got such a big crush on you. Just know, you still have to make room for your needy best friend."

"Yeah, yeah."

"Don't yeah, yeah me." I scoffed and flicked his nose. "Now, shut up. I need my beauty sleep because all this crying has probably made my face gross and blotchy and my eyes are probably swollen and shit."

He laughed, "Okay, goodnight Kellin."

"Night Austin," I murmured and closed my eyes. But, I didn't sleep. I couldn't. I just told Austin that I was desperately in love with Vic and I don't know, I felt weird about it. I had never in my life told anyone about my feelings for Vic before and it left me a little open and weird.   I felt extremely vulnerable. I always had this protective shell around, I never let anyone in when it came to certain things. That was why I acted the way I did so that no one suspected anything. The only one I had let in more than anyone else was leaving me now for someone who wasn't good for him whatsoever and now I didn't know if I'd be able to trust someone like that again. Vic knew that I had issues with people coming in and out of my life, hell even Austin knew that.

Anyone who knew what it was like in my house knew it was like that.  

It was crazy at home and it never even felt like home. It's why I stayed with Austin or Vic whenever I could. It was the only time I didn't have to act like a parent. It was too much to take care of four kids by yourself.

Well, technically three. Kailey was sixteen she could take care of herself. But still.  It was a lot and I wish I could be out of the house all the time. It was why I was always going and going, just to get away. But that was beside the point, no one really know the extent as to what it was like at home and no one really knew how I felt about it all. Know one really knew how I felt about a lot of things. Which was why it was such a big deal to me that I told Austin.

This was a big step for me and it was crazy.

"Kells, quit thinking," Austin murmured. "Go to sleep."

"Shut up."

"Then go to sleep."

I groaned and buried my face in his chest. "You don't think differently of me, do you? I know it's a stupid crush but I'll get over it eventually, won't I?"

"I don't think differently of you at all and it's not a stupid crush if you love him."

"God, I just, he's so perfect Aust," I gushed, not even caring that he told me to go to sleep. "He's perfect and sweet and kind and he's always caring about someone else. Like he's genuinely a good person and he's just, he's everything I'm not."

"I know, maybe you should talk to him."

"I can't get him alone!" I said with a sigh. "He's always with her."

"He is?"

"I was going to go to the skatepark with him today to tell him and he flaked to be with her. I'm losing him Austin."

"Talk to him."

I groaned and pulled the blankets over my head. Austin was no help.

"Just get some sleep Kells." He said yawning.

I nodded and closed my eyes and prayed for sleep to come to me soon.

Alan's POV

I was on my way to the library to tutor Kellin, I wasn't really looking forward to seeing him and tutoring him, but I'd live. I mean, I'd do what I'd have to do for college and school.

That was what was important to right now.

I smiled when my phone started ringing, since I knew it was Austin.  I took it out and answered it.

"Hey Aust."

"Hey," he said. "Whatcha doing?"

"I'm on my way to tutor Kellin. Did you need something?" I asked.

"No, I was just bored and really wanted to talk to you."

"Oh, uh I can call you after and we can do something if you want. I mean it's been a few days since our last date and all."

"Sounds perfect," he said.

"Awesome. I'll text you then? Is that okay?"

"That's okay with me."

"Great, see you later then?"

"See you later, cutie."

I blushed, "See you later."

"Later."

He hung up and I soon arrived at the  library. I went inside and found a table while I waited for Kellin.

"Hey," he said sullenly and walked up, sitting down across from me.

"Hey, you okay?"

He shrugged. "I went on a date today."

"Was it good?"

"Not really."

"Well there are more fish in the sea as my mom says."

"It wasn't... bad," he said. "I mean, Brendon was a perfect gentleman. He just wasn't..." Kellin trailed off with a blush.

"Wasn't Vic?"

"Yeah," he mumbled.

"Sorry."

"It's not your fault."

"We could do something to take your mind off it."

"No, we need to study, I really need to pass my physics exam tomorrow."

"Alright then let's get down to it."

"Thanks," he said quietly.

"What part do you need help with the most?"

"Uh..." Kellin scanned over his textbook and gave me an embarrassed look. "All of it," he said quietly.

"Okay, well let's start here."

He looked down at the book and burst into tears.

"Kellin." I said quietly and pulled him into a hug.

"Why am I so dumb?"

"You're not dumb."

"Yes I am! I don't even know what this means!"

"That doesn't make you dumb."

"It does," he cried.

"No it doesn't. It's just numbers and words. You don't need this later in life."

"You-you said it was important."

"It is if you're going into math or physics."

"I'm not going to. I'm not smart enough."

"You're smart enough."

"No I'm not."

"Yes you are. You can do anything you set your mind to."

"Quit with the fortune cookie shit."

"Sorry."

"It's fine," he mumbled and rubbed his eyes. "I'm sorry."

"It's okay, really."

"I never break down like that," he whispered.

"It's okay too sometimes. I mean I do it. Everyone breaks down."

"I don't."

"It's okay too."

"No, it's not," Kellin said. "Nothing's okay right now."

"It'll be okay eventually."

"I guess. So uh, black holes."

"Yeah, blackhole."

"Wanna teach me about them?"

"For sure." I said giving him a smile.

"Thanks."

We studied for a good two hours before my phone wouldn't stop buzzing every ten seconds.

"Go ahead and answer it," he laughed.

"Sorry." I said and answered my phone, "Hey Austin."

"Are you done yet!?" He whined.

"We're studying Babe."

"Did you just call my fiance babe?" Kellin demanded.

I blushed and ignored him, "We'll be done probably in a half hour or so."

"I miss you!" Austin said.

"I miss you, too."

"Hurry up."

"Okay, okay. I'll text you when I'm done."

"Fine!"

I giggled and hung up on him before turning back to Kellin, "Sorry about that."

He shrugged. "It's okay."

"Austin's being needy."

"He's always needy."

"I kinda like it."

He laughed. "I can tell."

"It's nice knowing he wants me. Is that weird?"

"No, it's nice knowing someone wants you."

"Yeah, I've never felt like this before."

"I understand. Sorta."

"Do you mind if we end a little early?"

He shrugged. "It's fine, I think I'm gonna meet up with someone and get my mind off of some things."

"Okay, well text me if you need something."

"I will. If I need condoms or lube, you'll be the first one I call."

"Oh except that."

"Damn."

"I don't do that stuff."

"You're still a virgin, aren't you?"

"Uh yeah."

"That explains so much," he mused. "If you weren't so into Austin, I'd totally help you get rid of that. But, you've got a thing for my bestie so it's a no go."

"I wouldn't have let you have it."

"I know."

"And who knows if Austin will. I kinda wanna wait till like marriage or something."

"Marriage is a sham. It's just a way to steal someone else's money and half of everything they own."

"Not really."

"Yeah really. What does marriage mean?"

"Love and all that stuff."

"I can love someone without having them have my last name or me having theirs."

"I know, but it's like a bonus."

"For some, I guess."

"Yeah, it's something I want in my life."

"That's cool for you. I don't think I'm the marriage type."

"Whatever makes you happy."

"Now go on, go have fun with Austin," he prompted.

"I will. See you at school." I said before I left the library, bumping into Austin on my way out. "You really are impatient."

"I was bored!" He whined as Kellin came outside close behind and gave Austin an exasperated look.

"Darling, we've got to stop meeting up like this. It isn't right," Kellin said with a flip of his hair.

Austin rolled his eyes, "Really?"

Kellin smiled and stood on his toes before he gave Austin a kiss on the cheek. "Yes. Be good to Alan, he was nice to me today. Now, if you don't mind, I think I'm going to go see if Perry wants to have lunch. We were going to last week but your dad's a flake and cancelled."

"Okay, have fun Kells." Austin said before turning to me.

See you lovebirds later," Kellin purred before he left the two of us alone.

"What did you do all day?" I asked and gave him a kiss.

"Die of boredom."

"I'm sorry. I wasn't bored."

"What all were you doing."

"Studying and you probably think it's boring but it's something I'm actually good at."

"I don't think that's boring at all."

"Really? Most people do."

"I'm not most people."

"That's right."

"I'm better."

"You are. So what do you want to do today?"

"Up to you."

"We could go... I don't know."

"Wanna go to the park?"

"We can do that."

"Sounds fun."

"Or we can go to the pond and skip rocks. I don't know how but we could mess around."

"That would be perfect."

I smiled and took his hand in mine.

"You're gonna have to teach me how to skip rocks." I said.

"I can try to." He said and kissed the side of my head.

"Good."

"Is this considered a date then?"

"I think so."

"Well I like this."

"I do too," he admitted.

"I like this a lot and I like you a lot too."

Austin blushed and kissed my cheek. "I like you a lot too."

"Should we get ice cream too? I think it's only fair."

"I think that'd make it perfect."

Good," I said.

He smiled and squeezed my hand. 

"How's your-"

"Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" Austin rushed out.

I looked at him with wide eyes, "What?"

"Do you wanna be my boyfriend?" He asked again, his cheeks bright red.

"Yeah, yes- I'd love to!"

His shoulders slumped in relief. "Oh thank god."

"You thought I'd say no?"

"I was scared you would."

"I wouldn't do that to you.'

"I'm glad," he said, grinning.

I smiled and gave him a kiss. "Thanks for asking."

"Thanks for saying yes."

"Can I get a piggyback ride?"

"Of course!"

I hopped on his back and wrapped my legs around his waist, holding on tight.

"You're honestly so cute."

"Wow, thank you."

"Just telling the truth."

"It's cute of you."

He giggled quietly.

When we arrived at the park I got off Austin's back and ran over to the swings.

"Come push me!"

He walked over and pushed me gently.

I let out a little squeal and kicked my feet.  I held on tight and smile widely. I couldn't believe I got lucky enough to find someone who makes me this happy.

"You're adorable."

"Thank you."

"Don't thank me."

"Too late my boyfriend."

"Alright, my boyfriend."

"I've never had a boyfriend."

"Neither have I," he remarked.

"There's a first for everything.'

"Yes there is."

"And you're the best first."

"So are you," he said and moved so that he was in front of me

"What are you doing?" I asked, coming to a stop.

He smiled and pulled me by my legs and gave me a sweet kiss. "That."

"Cute." I giggled and gave him another kiss.

"I know."

"Can you kiss me again?"

He smiled and pressed his lips against mine.  I smiled against his lips and slowly wrapped my arms around his neck. He moved carefully and picked me up, wrapping my legs around his waist.

I gasped when his tongue trailed along my bottom lip. He bit it gently.   My eyes were closed tight as his tongue tangled with mine. He squeezed my thighs tight as he held me close.   I moaned softly and pulled away after a little.

"How did you know how to do that?" I asked breathlessly.

He shrugged, "Porn probably, I don't know."

"You watch porn?"

"Of course. Don't you?"

I blushed, "Um no actually."

"Really?"

"No, sorry?"

"Oh wow."

"What?"

"Nothing, I just didn't expect that, I thought everyone watched porn."

"Well I don't." I said as he squeezed my thighs again.

"That's alright."

"Yeah, do you do it a lot?"

"No."

"That's nice to know."

"Why?"

"Just curious," I hummed. "How'd you start watching it?"

"Being friends with Kellin Bostwick corrupts a man."

"Really? Did he make you watch it or something?"

"No! When we were younger we were playing truth or dare and he dared me and at the time I chickened out but after he left I watched some."

"Are your palms hairy then?"

He laughed and shook his head as he held them out to me. "Do you see any hair?"

"No I don't."

"Exactly."

I shrugged  and kissed his cheek, "I guess."

"It's pretty nice, though. Not gonna lie."

"What's nice?"

"Porn."

"Isn't it all fake or something? That's what Oliver said." I said, my cheeks heating up a little.

Austin shrugged. "Either way it's still nice."

"Do you just watch the gay stuff or...?"

"Mostly, sometimes I watch like straight porn I guess."

"Oh cool."

He nodded his head. "Yeah."

"Are you bisexual or?"

"Yeah, I am."

"Good to know."

"Why?"

"I didn't know that about you. It's good to know things about you."

"What about you?"

"I'm just gay." I shrugged.

"Just gay?" He asked with a laugh.

"How else what I say it?"

"You make it sound so... uninteresting saying it like that. Like, you're just gay. That's like me saying I'm just Austin."

I giggled, "How would I make sound better?"

"Be like oh, I'm gay!" He said with a dorky grin. "Make it interesting!"

"Okay then?"

"Okay."

"I'll make it more interesting next time, I promise." 

"There is no next time. That's how you came out to me and it was lame."

"I'm sorry Baby." I blushed.

He laughed and kissed my cheek. "I'm just messing with you."

"Well yours wasn't any better."

"Mine was great."

"Barely."

"Whatever."

"Could have been better." I said sassily and got down from his hold.

"Still better than yours."

I sat back down on the swing, "Whatever."

"Whatever," he mimicked.

"Can you push me on the swing again?"

"I'll push you off of the swing."

I whined and took my phone out when it started to ring. "Hey mom."

"Hey sweetie!"

"What's up?"

"Tutoring was done an hour ago and you never came home."

"Oh right, sorry. I forgot to tell you I was with Austin."

She hummed. "Next time check in with me, alright?"

"Yeah, sorry I just totally spaced it. It won't happen again mom."

"Alright, this is your one get out of jail free card, got it?"

"Deal. Thanks mom, I'll be home by dinner. Love you."

"I love you too, be careful."

I smiled and told her goodbye.

"Sorry about that." I said tucking my phone away.

"It's alright," Austin hummed.

"Where were we?"

"I was going to push you off the swing."

"Don't do that." I whined and stood back up.

"It'd be funny," he said and gave me a kiss.

"It wouldn't be funny."

"I think so."

"That's mean." I said jumping when he squeezed my butt.

"Is not."

"Is- uh too."

"Whatever."

"Whatever." I told him and took his hands from my butt.

"You're too cute."

"Why now?"

"Just cause you're cute."

"You tell me that a lot."

"I like reminding you."

"That's nice of you."

"I know. I'm the best."

"I should probably get home soon."

"I'll walk you home," he said and took my hand.

"Thank you."

"You're too polite."

"Too polite? Is that even possible?"

"Yeah, I think so."

"I don't think so."

"I do, you're too polite," he said again.

"How? Is it bad to just be nice?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Cause."

"Why?"

"People can take advantage of that."

"But you won't, right?"

"I'd never, but some people will."

"No one has before."

"But they might."

"So I should be mean?"

"No! Don't be mean, just don't let people mistake your kindness for weakness."

"So don't be overly nice."

"Yeah."

"But it's nice to be nice."

"I know."

"I don't think being mean will get you anywhere."

"It doesn't but, being nice doesn't always get you places. Sometimes you've got to be a little... forceful about things."

"Forceful?"

"Yeah."

"What do you mean?"

"Like if you want something, do what you can to get it."

"I can't do stuff like that. I'm okay with being like this. Do you not like that I'm like this?" I asked quietly. I knew I shouldn't have been myself around him.

"I like you just fine! I didn't mean it in a bad way, I'm just scared you're going to get hurt or something. You're perfect Al."

I bit my lip back, "You think I'll get hurt?"

"I'm scared someone will use your kindness against you," he said quietly.

"No one has before."

"They could."

"You think someone will?"

"They could. I don't know, I've seen it happen," he mumbled.

"Oh."

"Yeah. He used to be super nice too and stuff happened."

"Who is it? You don't have to tell me."

He shrugged. "He'd probably tell you himself eventually but Kellin didn't always used to act like he does now."

"Oh." I said quietly, "That's not good."

Austin nodded. "A lot of stuff has happened to him. So I don't know, he's told me that you don't really care for him but, maybe let up a little."

"I've never said I didn't like him or anything like that. I've never meant to be mean to him."

"I know."

I nodded feeling bad. I never meant to be a jerk to Kellin. He just was way different than I was. I didn't even realize I was being a jerk to him.  

I let out a sigh.

"What's with the sigh?"

"I don't wanna be mean."

"You're not."

"But I was being mean to him and I didn't want to be mean to him." I rushed out.

He shrugged. "Apologize to him then."

"I will when I see him next."'

"Okay."

I bit my bottom lip and smiled when we got to the apartment complex.

"I'll see you later," he said and gave me a kiss.

"Bye."

I smiled at him and started up the stairs to my apartment.  I went inside and to my room, collapsing on my bed deciding to take a much needed nap.

This is done

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

55.7K 2.9K 31
After finishing college, the oh-so perfect Kellin Quinn moved in to the city together with his girlfriend for five years, Sam, only to get their live...
4.2K 251 9
Best friends 'til the very end - until they're separated by the end.
3.3K 163 13
boyxboy Kellin Quinn is a normal high school boy who just happened to be kinda sorta gay. A new kid shows up to school and suddenly Kellin drops ever...
37.4K 2.4K 28
Best friends for 20 years, boyfriends for 8 years, living together for a year, engaged for 60 days. Everything is just too perfect.