Gamers

By DeadDontLie

In the supernatural world, the creatures are countless and they manifest among the living undetected. The mos... More

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 41
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 40

37 6 14
By DeadDontLie

General POV.

This must end. It's a very big mistake. Josh should end. He should just stop existing. And Harry needs to stop wasting time on humans and start working on eliminating this abomination.

A lot of people knew the Explorer Ed Sheeran, but sadly no one alive -aside from Harry- was a close friend of his. He was left on his own to bury his friend and give him a proper funeral.

Interrupting his thoughts of such considerate gestures, a familiar pain occured. The one where you feel you're blood and flesh are being ripped off and planted elsewhere. It occurred from his feet up to the peak of his hair, accompanied by blinding white light. But despite the pain, Harry remained knelt down, his head dipped low in agony of the loss of his friend.

He was summoned back to where he was standing, except he's now kneeling. Mia, holding her necklace tightly, shot him a demanding look that was also present on David's face. Louis' s face ,however, was sympathetic and understanding.

Harry spent a few moments in position, then he merely looked up at them. His friend's blood on his hands and his eyes unreadable.

"What happ-" David started only to get interrupted by Louis,

"A friend is murdered."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You just ran off mid-sentence. You said only one creature can fluently freeze time." David reminded and watched as Harry got up, wiped his hands and picked up his coat, putting it on.

Harry's eyes wandered a little as he faced David, now standing up in his coat. It was hard to predict his actions through his eyes or face. They remained cold and unmoving.

He finally, swallowed and gave a brief nod.

"An Explorer." Harry said bitterly, his deceased friend having been one.

"Okay.... does that kill?" David asked, wishing a negation.

"No, you just know stuff. If it harms humanity, keep it hidden if it doesn't, spill it out. Isabelle will fill you in on every little detail, don't worry." Harry spoke.

"And how are we going to meet exactly?" David enquired.

"She'll find her way." Harry assured.

"What if somebody jumps me?"

"Explorers aren't much of a target...... or so I thought." Harry added sarcastically at the end.

"If he's not safe, then what's all that worth?" Mia interfered, scared for her friend.

"You're right." Harry said.

"And?" David awaited further enlightenment.

"And I think your time in Bradford has come to an end. Both of you." Harry explained.

"You want us to leave? What are we gonna do without you?!" Mia asked, refusing the idea a bit too quickly.

"Live, that's what can do without me." Harry replied smoothly, his mind made up on focusing all his energy and time on eliminating Josh Harrison.

"What am I gonna do without you?" Mia tried, her heart clenching at the thought of leaving her "friend" behind.

"Don't hate a street, Mia. Nor an incident nor a city. Do that, and you'll have better friends." Harry advised her, selecting each and every magical word.

"I can't. I can't leave you. These guys teleport. If he's in danger here, then he's in danger there." Mia opposed.

"Don't stall. You should leave. Half of my friends are dead anyway and you might be next. It's not safe here at all. But in New York it's much less dangerous." Harry tried to convince her, his words honest.

"Come with us, then!"

"I have an unfinished business here. But keep checking your mirror every now and then." Harry remarked, recalling the times when he used to appear in the mirror and Mia smiled warmly.

"I refuse to leave. If something happens to David, I can't help him. Only you can."

"Mia, you have me all the time." Harry gestured towards the necklace.

"I just can't leave you." She spilled it out.

"Yes, you can." Harry replied briefly, looking at David for any help.

"Mia, he's right, we should go. Besides, don't you worry, I taught him how to use a phone and if he forgot, he will talk to us telepathically until he finishes this thing he's on." David stepped in, squeezing one of Mia's shoulders as he spoke.

"Promise me you'll come back." She demanded, blinking away some tears.

"I promise." Harry guaranteed, even though he couldn't pinpoint why she needed such assurance whilst possessing the most strongest summoning spell.

Silence fell for a few moments and Louis filled it next,

"Okay, If no one's gonna say goodbye, I will. Daniel, Mila been a pleasure. Harry, keep in contact." Louis greeted all of them.

"Of course, thank you Louis." Harry was the one who replied and Louis teleported.

"C'mon are you going to stand here all day? Go pack." Harry smiled at Mia and David but Mia remained unmoving, just looking longingly at Harry as if getting enough of him.

"C'mon, M." David said, gently pulling her.

"Can we at least say goodbye?" She asked, desperate. David shot her a glance and then nodded, giving them the room.

"I'll miss you." She said, pulling him in a hug.

Harry hugged back, patting her in the process.

"Got any last mystical words, purple hater?" She asked with a smile as she pulled away.

"A sin can never overpower a sacrifice. Just remember that." Harry replied.

"Okay, Albus Dumbledore." She teased.

"Mia, Go pack." He rolled his eyes playfully.

"Do we really have to leave?" She asked, snapping into tragic mood.

"Yes. Now seriously, go. I have a friend to bury." Harry said and she nodded, getting inside to pack.

___________<>__________

"So, do we have a deal?" Justin asked.

"No, Helper, we don't. I can't kill Harry for The Key in exchange. If you hadn't noticed, Harry's the key to The Key." Josh declined.

"Why are you guys so dumb? Harry has reached desperate stage, our next move should be killing him." James interfered.

There they sat in the bar, where he once summoned Harry, the golden trio. Observer, Josh. Keeper, James. Helper, Justin. All enemies of one man, Harry Styles.

"Why are we dumb? Hadn't you JUST heard what Josh said?" Justin asked rhetorically.

"He's not entirely stupid either, Harry's state is fragile at the moment." Josh said, his eyebrows furrowed in deep thought.

"......fine. Instead of discussing our stages of stupidity, can we discuss something more important?" Justin suggested.

"Like?" Asked James.

"Like how are we going to kill him when the time comes." Justin completed.

"That should be easy. Leave it to me." Josh said, waving him off cockily.

"I'm sorry, What? Do you know why we're all here? That's right. We all wanna kill Harry. And no sir, it shouldn't be easy. Harry was turned to a Gamer around 200 years ago, have you any idea how many Gamers were alive then? Thirteen! Thirteen and a Master! And that bloody trickster killed them all in that mysterious series of murders and nobody was able to tell him a word. It's far from easy." Justin burst, seemingly the only person appreciative of Harry's capabilities.

"I think you're overestimating his abilities." James scoffed.

"Really? I'm glad to hear your thoughts. But what would your peanut-sized mind think when you know you've been played?" Justin fired back.

"Justin, we'll win. It's as simple as that, we're three and he's one." Josh reasoned.

"Our weapons are blades and powers, his weapon is his brain. And aside from being smart, Harry has The Key." Justin still argued.

"Dude, if you're chickening out, just say it." James shrugged.

"I'm not! I'm just saying, if we can, we should outfox the fox." Justin replied, defensively.

"We will. We will. He doesn't even know what's coming at him." Josh said.

"I've got something to show you." He added after a few moments of silence.

He stood up and they did the same. He walked out of the bar, and crossed the street to an absolute vacancy, apart from some trees and a woodshed. That sad creaking woodshed was Josh's destination.

They followed him into it, it was flooded by afternoon sunlight. Inside, a lonely chair surrounded by many chains and paranormal drawings on the ceiling, floor and walls were present. A person sat on the chair chained up as his head dangled low.

"Who's that?" James asked.

"A nyctophilic creature that hates sunlight. Note that the next time you kidnap me." The person said his head snapping up.

His eyes were bloodshot, 3/4 of the blood capillaries in there semmingly have burst, his hair was damp and stuck to his forehead, he had a slim, short figure and blood-stained lips.

"You kidnapped Louis Tomlinson? Are you mad?" Justin yell-whispered, the Helpers being non-violent creatures.

"Apparently." Louis replied for him.

"And I will kill him." Josh said aloud expecting Louis to beg for mercy or at the very least, protest, but Louis just snickered.

"Like that's gonna stop him." Louis said through his stifled, broken laugh.

"Any final words?" Josh ignored him, trying to seem untamed by his sentence.

"Yeah. It pains my heart to miss your grand finale, Observer. But I know it's soon." Louis said and Josh walked, ever so slowly towards him, a blade in his hand which he took liberty in tracing with his fingers and gave slow nods to the ground.

"Shame, I can't say I'll miss yours." Josh replied, standing right in front of Louis.

And in one swift predictable, yet unexpected move. The blade whipped in the air and collided forcefully with Louis's neck, beheading the vampire.

His head remained still for a split second and then it dropped to the floor in a hearless thud.

"What now?" James asked as Josh wiped his blade in his jacket.

"Now we leave him for Harry to find."

________________________________

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

Killer Love By JM

Fanfiction

10.8K 339 19
He extends his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Harry Styles by the way." I almost laugh. Like I already didn't know that. Instead, I slide my sunglass...
Scream [H.S AU] By jay

Mystery / Thriller

4.1K 216 21
☠︎ PSYCHOLOGICAL THRILLER ☠︎ 𝘰𝘣·𝘴𝘦𝘴𝘴 (𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘣) 𝘱𝘳𝘦𝘰𝘤𝘤𝘶𝘱𝘺 𝘰𝘳 𝘧𝘪𝘭𝘭 𝘵𝘩𝘦 𝘮𝘪𝘯𝘥 𝘰𝘧 (𝘴𝘰𝘮𝘦𝘰𝘯𝘦) 𝘤𝘰𝘯𝘵𝘪𝘯𝘶𝘢𝘭𝘭𝘺...
989K 28.5K 90
Malign: Evil in nature or effect Disposition: a person's inherent qualities of mind and character. Fear. Fear is the main culprit towards a dangerous...
66.2K 2.9K 25
There is no way that I can escape this now; no way that I can possibly escape her and all that lies behind the darkness in her eyes. I've gone too fa...