The War of the Alphas: Book 1...

By booklings21

"The war is coming." "What should we do?" "The only thing we can do. Hope that it doesn't destroy us as i... More

Characters Part 1
The War of the Alphas
Excerpt
1| Crown Pack
2| Lycan Pack
3| Crown Pack
5| Lycan Pack
6| Crown Pack
7| Lycan Pack
8| Crown Pack
9| Lycan Pack
10| Lycan Pack
11| Crown Pack
12| Lycan Pack
13| Lycan Pack
14| Lycan Pack
15| Crown Pack
16| Lycan Pack
17| Crown Pack
18| Lycan Pack
19| Lycan Pack
20| Crown Pack
21| Lycan Pack
22| Lycan Pack
Characters Part 2
23| Crown Pack/Summit Pack
24| Crown Pack
25| Crown Pack
26| Lycan Pack
27| Lycan Pack (Mature)
28| Lycan Pack
29| Rogue/Summit Pack
30| Rogue
31| Summit Pack
32| Summit Pack
33| Red Moon Pack
34| Lycan Pack
35| Red Moon Pack
36| Lunar Claw Pack
37| Lycan Pack
38| Lunar Claw Pack
39| Red Moon Pack
40| Crown Pack
41| Lycan Pack
42| Phoenix Pack
43| Lunar Claw Pack
44| Red Moon Pack
45| Lycan Pack
46| Phoenix Pack
47| Lunar Claw Pack
48| Red Moon Pack
49| Phoenix Pack
50| Red Moon Pack
51| Lycan Pack
52| Phoenix Pack
The Terminator
53: Lycan Pack
Explanation and Advice

4| Lycan Pack

4.3K 176 5
By booklings21

Word count: 7213

Another long chapter.
Oh these two will be having a hard time...

Pack Lycan: Alpha Parker

Shay's POV

His deep guttural voice snaps me out of my trance. My blood runs cold and my whole body stiffens when he says this. Now if the way my Dad picks a fight with any man that so much as looks at my Mom than I assume werewolves don't like it when their mates have been with someone else.

He lifts his head to look me in the eyes. His eyes are the brightest blue I've ever seen. I'm left confused because he normally has green eyes, not a shocking blue. His claws dig into my skin making my whole body shut down in fear so I'm left standing statue still in his arms. I assume by the way I'm looking at him, he knows he's right. He bares his teeth and growls in my face. In that moment I know that now is the time to run.

Faster than he can react I break out of his hold and run to the bathroom. I quickly lock the door behind me right before I hear a something crash against it. I back up into the counter, still looking at the thrashing door.

By the way the door is jumping with every crash, I know it won't be long until it breaks open. I look around frantically for something to protect myself with. All I find is a loofa and a shampoo bottle. With each weapon in each hand the door crashes to the floor with a bang. And not in one piece either. Wood is strewn in all directions, one close to my head. Standing above the wreckage is a dark brown wolf with piercing green eyes growling at me.

My Dads wolf is big, so is my Moms. I always thought that's how tall all werewolves are, maybe a little bit taller but not this tall. He stands at a whopping five foot, almost as tall as me. My parent's wolves are no bigger than four feet.

Maybe it's because of the shock or the fear or from everything that has happened today but eventually my body shuts down. First my vision starts to blur before turning black and suddenly I'm falling.

I wake up to a blurred figure above me. I let my eyes adjust to the light. The first thing I see is a white ceiling, light bulbs shinning down on me. The figure in front of me comes into focus and I realize it's Parker. His eyes stone hard showing no emotion, now a dark green. I back away instantly and knock into the steps leading up to a bathtub.

"You should know better than to run from me," Parker tells me walking closer to me. His eyes are back to their normal green and he isn't wearing anything. He's bare naked walking closer to me.

I know this isn't good.

With every step he takes I climb higher onto the steps to get away from him. I keep my eyes on only his eyes so I won't see anything of his that I shouldn't. Although it seems like he doesn't care. Accidently my eyes slip down to is torso but no further. His abs are sculpted to precision. Not too much but not too little. He looks like perfection with his messy blonde hair, his penetrating green eyes, and his defined torso.

Suddenly he growls loudly once he realizes where my eyes are trailing too. The fear from earlier when I was in the cell is back now and all thoughts of his perfect body fly out the window.

So much for being rescued by my mate.

I run out of stairs and fall into the tub. His steps are filled with anger but their slow, letting me know that he's enjoying this, the chase. His eyes stay on mine as I crawl to the very corner of the tub. He climbs the steps to the tub slowly with grace.

I look around for an escape but realize the shower blocks one side and a wall blocks the other. I turn back to him and Parker is in the tub kneeling over me, his feet on either side of my legs.

I decide to risk and push myself up from the tub. I don't get far before Parker pushes me back down. He cradles me, sitting on my thighs so I can't escape.

He brushes his fingers across my cheek bone down to the necklace around my neck. His touch sends a shiver down my spine that he surely notices because his eyes snap back up to me. He smirks at me with something glistening in his eyes. He bends down to lay gentle kisses on my neck. I involuntarily gasp at the feel. I can feel him smile against my neck before he keeps brushing his lips down my throat. His tongue whips out and licks my skin making me arch into him for more.

Minutes earlier I was scared for my life and now I'm fighting with my body for more of him.

"No other man can ever touch you. You are mine from now on for forever," He says right before plunging his teeth into my neck.

The pain starts immediately. It sends a shock wave down my whole body to my toe nails. I claw at his naked back to get him off of me but he doesn't. I extract my claws and rake them down his back screaming in pain but he doesn't move.

His teeth are plunged in my neck for I don't know how long. By the time he pulls away I'm a mess of tears and cries. He licks the wound, maybe to make it heal faster but it doesn't get rid of the searing pain I feel.

Once he's done with that he sits up to look at me. He must have not been anticipating the look on my face or the fear in my eyes. His own eyes widen and his hard demeanor softens.

"What did you do to me?" I choke between the sobs bubbling out of my throat.

He looks at me sympathetically for a couple minutes, but he doesn't answer my question. Instead he pulls me on to his lap. I'm too tired and shocked to complain or refuse. So I let him hold me while I cry into his shoulder. He runs a soothing hand down my back comforting me more than I thought he would be able to.

Later on the pain subsides to a dull throb. I take the time to get out of his arms and crawl back to the corner of the tub. I think I hear him growl but I'm still in shock. The once porcelain white tub is now stained in my crimson blood. It runs down the sides in the corner in little streaks. Sadistically it reminds me of rain running down the car window. Just like I would concentrate on the water droplets I concentrate on the blood droplets.

I feel a hand on my arm minutes later tugging on it. I look up to see Parker standing outside of the bathtub in a pair of jeans. He must have gotten dressed while I was busy watching my blood race down the side of a strangers bathtub.

Well I don't know what he is. I know he's my mate, I know his name, I know he's an Alpha but that's it. I'm not sure if being destined to be together makes us more than strangers. His friends have already thrown me around. He has already chased me around his room. And he has already made me bleed. So far I don't like him. At all.

I remember when I was younger, after I turned for the first time and I was so worried for my future. I had this sick idea that I was going to become a murdering beast and live in the woods, eating poor wild animals.

But my Dad looked at me, both hands cupping my tear stained face and he said, "You can always change your destiny Shay. You just have to try."

"What did you do to me!" I snap at Parker with such force that I never knew I had.

He looks taken back by my outburst but soon recovers by returning his hard stare. "Don't speak to me that way."

"What did you do to me!" I stand up in the tub making myself taller than him, but not by much. It gives me a power of dominance over him that I surge on.

"You are not dominant over me," He growls at me.

"What?" I ask confused. I could have sworn I said that in my head. Maybe I don't know the difference between thinking and speaking since I have a large bite wound in my neck, the pain must be affecting my mind too. 

"You didn't say it. You thought it." He walks up the two steps intimately, his eyes never leaving mine. He never bothered to wipe off my blood that dripped from his lips. 

"How did you?" I back away in fear once again but my back hits the wall.

"Mind-link." He jumps in the tub and stands right in front of me.

"Mind-link? I can't do that with you. We're not connected." Me and my family have always been able to mind-link each other because we're related but I'm not able to mink-link with anyone else. Or so I thought.

"We are now." He looks lovingly at my neck where he bit me. It still hurts but if I don't think about it than I don't even know it's there.

"What do you mean?"

"I marked you. You are now officially in my pack and my Luna." His fingers brush against my arm as softly as feather. His next words fall on deaf ears though. My mind stops working all together.

I feel my legs give out but something is holding me up. I don't notice its Parker until I feel the shocks of his lips against mine. As much as I want to pull away I can't. But I still don't react. I let his lips cover mine but he makes no move to further the kiss.

He pulls away with hurt and anger in his eyes. "Kiss me," He orders. He leans in to kiss me again but I get out of his hold just in time.

I jump out of the tub barely landing on my feet and make a run for the door. I don't hear Parker come after me at all. I don't know if that's good or bad. I say it's good because if he thinks he can catch me he's dead wrong.

I yank open the bedroom door and take a left down the hall. I should've paid attention while he was carrying me up here. I find a stairwell and almost trip over my feet going down them.

The stairs I found weren't the main ones that lead to the front door. These spiral down into an open sitting area. I don't have time to look around and admire the view from the windows so I run past them to a couple stairs leading to an open area. There's a large door at the end of it that looks like it might be to the outside. I take my chances and try to open the door. It's locked.

Feeling frustrated and scared I turn around and run past the stairs again. I try mind-linking my parents. I don't know what finally makes me do it. Unlike any other time, the connection is down. I can't feel them at all.

While I start fretting about the lost bond with my family two strong arms wrap around my waist and hoist me up. I scream, as if anyone would help me and start kicking my attacker. By the way it feels to be touching the person I know it's not Parker. By their smell I know it's not any of my friends.

The man walks me somewhere, still with me kicking and screaming. My kicks don't have any effect on him what-so ever.

Eventually he puts me down in front of a large wooden door. I immediately turn around to run but he grabs my arm pulling me back. I finally look up to see what he looks like. I recognize him as the one of the men who met me outside and in the cabin but he left. With the worry in his eyes he really does look like a compassionate guy who wouldn't hurt me.

"Please Luna, don't try to run away," he pleads with me. "No one will hurt you, I promise."

Something in his green eyes tells me that I can trust him. I haven't been able to trust anyone since I came here. Still I lash out at him, smacking his chest pathetically.

"Take me home! I want to go home!"

"Luna," he protests, grabbing my wrists easily and pinning them against his chest. "Please just hear them out. It won't take long."

He opens the door behind me before I have a chance to argue and slowly turns me around by my elbow. Inside the room are a large wooden desk and two chairs in front of it. A bookshelf takes up the whole wall behind the shelf. Sitting in the two chairs are men who have their back turned to me. The man sitting in the chair at desk is the devil himself.

Out of fear I cower back into the man's chest. He wraps his fingers around my shoulders reassuringly. Parker growls, I don't know if because of my fear or because of the touching but in turn the men sitting in the chairs turn as well.

One man looks evidently older than Parker but they share the same looks. He has blonde hair but his is cut shorter. His jaw is sculpted roughly and his has a growing beard. Although he has wrinkles spread across his face but not many. Either way he still looks handsomely gorgeous.

The man sitting next to him is the man who threw me around like a rag doll. He looks at me apologetically but I can't keep my gaze on him for long.

The man gently pushes me into the room. I comply until I lay my eyes on Parker. My feet stop on their own accord when the feeling of his teeth sinking into my neck appears again. I turn around making a beeline for the door but the sweet brunette grabs my arm before I can pull the door open. Parker's growl resonates through the office making me hide behind the man's back.

"What did you do to her?" The older man jumps up from the chair looking accusingly towards Parker.

"I didn't do anything Father!" Parker defends himself. I almost laugh. 

His father ignores him and walks my way. When he's standing in front of the man he nods his head to the side motioning for him to move. The sweet boy's comfort leaves me when he steps aside but returns when he stands beside me.

"I'm Parkers father, Jacob." He smiles warmly at me which is a nice change. "Will you tell me why you're so scared?"

I look behind him towards Parker. He has his arms crossed over his chest. Despite his scary stance his expression is soft.

I feel something brush gently against the bite on my neck. Jacob is standing there looking at it, his hands now down at his sides. He spins around to his son and yells, "You marked her!"

I can hear the anger in his voice. His wolf is threatening to come out. "I had no choice!" Parker counters back also sounding angry. I can't take the awful feeling in the air so I turn to my side and bury myself into the stranger. It helps none the less. He seems more caring than Parker himself and he's my mate.

"Did you want him to sweetie?" I feel Jacob's comforting hand on my shoulder. I shake my head in response.

"You do not mark your mate without her permission! It's not right!" Jacob screams at his son.

I have tears running down my cheeks staining the man's shirt. I feel a wet cloth over the bite on my neck. I turn to see Jacob with sympathetic eyes wiping away the dried blood on my shoulder. My shirt is now ruined, not like it wasn't before.

"The bite is healed now." He tells me taking away the cloth. It is healed but there are two red puncture wounds on my neck. The red will ultimately fade away into white making it look like any other scar.

"It hurts," I tell him, tears filling up my eyes again. The pain finds its way to the surface again and this time I can't hold it back.

Jacob pulls me into his arms letting me cry into his chest. "It's probably because you didn't want it. It will get better as time goes on." His large hand rubs up and down my back.

As my cries get quieter Jacob says quietly in my ear, "We have some questions for you Shay. Once you're done answering them you can see your friends. Does that sound good?"

I nod my head in agreement and let him walk me over to one of the two chairs. The man with long hair isn't sitting in the other one anymore. Instead he's standing in front of the bookshelf behind Parker. Jacob sits in the chair next to me, holding my hand all the while. Parker doesn't seem to care about the action because Jacob is his father. He keeps his eyes on me the entire time but I don't have the will power to return his gaze. One of two things will happen. Either I'll coward away in fear again or jump into his arms. I already feel the pull between us, despite him taking a chunk out of my neck.

"You're a rogue." Jacob tells me with a questioning tone, even though I know he knows.

"She was a rogue. Not anymore. She's our Luna now." Parker answers for me.

"Parker." His father scolds squeezing my hand. "Let her speak." He looks back at me waiting for my answer.

"I'm still a rogue." This earns me a growl from Parker.

"How long have you not belonged to a pack?" Jacob asks me.

"All my life." I look directly at him not wanting to think Parker has any say in this conversation.

"Why are your parents rouges?"

I shrug my shoulders. "I don't know. They've never told me."

"Do you know what pack they belonged to?"

I shake my head in response.

"You know Shay, you're very different than any other rouges we've come across. You don't know many things about our species do you?"

Cautiously, I shake my head.

Parker opens his mouth to speak but Jacob cuts him off. "Tell us about your life back home."

"I lived a normal life. I grew up with humans and never interacted or have seen another rogue other than my parents before. They are beyond protective of me. Actually I've never even been around another wolf before. This is the first time I've been around my kind, and let me tell you my parents were right at keeping me away from you." I ramble on, ultimately looking at only Parker towards the end.

Minutes go by in silence before Parker speaks up. "Your parents sound like they're not proud of what they are," He says sounding angrier by the second. 

"You mean being a werewolf or a rouge? Because they certainly don't sleep in tents and listen to orders coming from some hot guy with a title but they also let out their wolves all the time and use them often."

'Hot guy with a title?' Parker's voice resonates through my head. A smirk cuts across his face.

I gasp, feeling the anger bubble up inside of me about to explode. "You have not earned the privilege or frankly the respect to get into my head." I point my finger at him angrily.

"You're my mate. That's all the privilege I need Princess." Despite the nickname, he talks with a cross tone and heated eyes.

"My mind-link connection is only supposed to be used with my parents. Now you broke that and my Dad will find out sooner or later," I try to threaten him with as much courage in my voice as I could muster, but I know I don't have much at the moment.

"What's your Daddy going to do?" He teases with shinning eyes. He thinks this is a joke. He doesn't know my Dad.

"He's going to come here and he's going to burn this place to the ground if he has to." My eyes wander around the room. They graze over Parker and Dylan behind him. The pain is still there, not physically but mentally. It all happened a few hours ago which makes it that much memorable. The murder in his eyes. His hand flashing forward in a second striking my face. His anger as he threw me across the room.

"He's going to take me far away from all of you," I add staring at Parker. My body seems to be working without my brain because I stand to my full height. It's not much, but I feel better because I'm finally taller than Parker who is still sitting.

"You're not leaving," Parker growls at me.

"Watch me." I spin around on my heel and dart for the door.

Parker tries getting into my mind, but I put up the wall blocking him out. I feel it in the back of my conscious too like someone knocking on a door. Well I'm going to lock that door and never open it again. I'm leaving and going home. I won't see Parker for a second time.

My steps slow down at the idea. Not intentionally on my part, but on my wolfs. She hates the idea of leaving our mate. Yes she doesn't want him hurting our family, but she doesn't want to leave him. My breathing comes out deep and heavy. Sweat drips down my forehead and my long sleeve shirt sticks to my body in the most unattractive way. I must have been running for twenty minutes. It's not long, but I didn't pace myself. I pushed myself to the limit and now I'm paying for it. I curse myself for wearing jeans. It's never a good idea to sweat in jeans.

I slow to a walk to even out my heart beat until eventually I find the front door. I stop in front of it, but not able to raise my hand to turn the knob. All I have to do is turn the knob and run. No one will catch me. It's that easy, then I can go back home and never leave again.

For minutes I stare at the door in horror before a voice comes from behind me. "Luna?"

I turn around to see the man from before walking towards me. He's taking slow cautious steps, but I know that he's ready to jump if he needs to. His eyes are filled with concern and fear. Probably fear of his Alpha. Not my Alpha, his.

"My name's Ash. I'm the Gamma." He approaches me further with slow and easy steps. 

I turn back to the door not truly caring about who he is. That's not true, I do care. For some odd reason I care about this stranger, who now has a name. Discovering this makes my wolf happier. As I grip my fingers around the doorknob the pull back to the house becomes stronger.

While Ash says something, I don't know what, I realize that my wolf wants to stay even more for not only Parker but for Ash as well. For all the wolves here.

"I can't do it." Fear and confusion seep into my voice.

"What?" Ash is now standing a foot to my right.

"I can't do it. I can't leave." I look down at the knob. That's the only thing holding me back right now. It's so small yet so important. "An hour ago I was begging for him to let me go. Now I can't even open the damn door," I yell frustrated, gripping the handle tighter. Tears blur my vision and soon I can feel them running down my cheeks.

"Why? Why can't I do it?" I shakily turn to Ash. My sobs crack my voice which he surely notices by the way his face softens even more.

"It's probably because you're Luna now. You have a bond with the pack," He tells me sympathetically. He leans on the wall beside him.

All the anger from the whole day; meeting Wolves for the first time, Dylan hitting me,, and Parker marking me, making me his Luna explodes within me. I kick the door repeatedly and rip the knob off the door. I throw all my frustration into the punches I'm sending at the splintering wood.

After a couple claw marks on the wooden door and bleeding knuckles, I let the despair take over. I lean my head on the door, tears flowing down my cheeks and sobs raking my body. My body sinks to the ground in a puddle of misery and loss.

Ash sinks down to the ground too wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I cry helplessly into his chest that's already stained with my earlier tears. I figure that he's grown tired of my cries and annoyed that I've ruined his shirt. He's only doing this because Parker probably told him too.

So I make myself calm down. The only way I do that is if I concentrate on something. Consequently I listen to Ash's heartbeat, to the rise and fall of his chest under my cheek. I match my breathing with his and soon I'm finally silent.

"I'm never going to be able to leave this place am I?" I ask with no emotion. I'm afraid all the emotion I could have ever felt, I've felt today. From being happy with my parents and friends, to being scared and terrified by Parker and Dylan, to even being depressed at the loss of my only family.

"Nope," He tells me. I don't hear any amusement in his voice though. Instead there's confidence, like he would bet his life on it.

I let it sink in. I'm never going back home. I'm never running away. I'm Parkers prisoner now. He might not have my heart yet but he does have the key to my freedom. Which I'm certain he won't give up.

Speak of the devil and he shall appear.

Parker comes running into the entry way. I keep my eyes trained on the marble floor below me. My hands are twisting together in my lap while my head is resting on Ash's chest. I feel him stiffen underneath me, no doubt from Parker.

"Shay, look at me please." I hear Parkers voice but I don't have it in me to look into the eyes of the man who took my family away from me.

"What happened?" His question is directed to Ash.

"The bond won't let her leave. She's upset about it," Ash replies in a quiet voice.

I lift my eyes to Parker who has his mouth open, about to say something. When he sees my glare, daring him to say something about me leaving he shuts his mouth right away.

"I'm so sorry Shay. I didn't mean too. My wolf went crazy and I couldn't control myself. I just-"

I hold my hand up making him stop immediately. "I don't want to hear your damn excuses for why you marked me. Nothing will make up the fact that now I'm stuck here and I can't find it in me to leave. You took something from me. I will never forgive you for that."

"How was I supposed to react when I found out you've been with another man!" His powerful voice reaches the vaulted ceilings to the tip. "You're mine! No one else's!"

I jump up from my spot, all the left over anger bubbling up inside me. I swear it was all gone. "That's no reason to mark me! It hurt Parker! It hurt a lot more than you can imagine! Not only did you take a chunk of my neck but you took away my family too! My only family Parker! I don't have anyone else and now they're gone and I can never see them again." My voice thins out at the realization.

Something inside me clicks as I make the connection. My parents can't come here, they're rogues. I can't leave, I have a bond with the pack. I will never see them again. The feeling that over takes my body isn't fatigue like a few minutes before, now it's... nothing. I feel empty inside now. I lost my only family.

Sure I have my friends but they'll have to leave back home soon. Besides, even if I grew up with them, it was always just me and my parents. My parents know me, understand me on a level that my friends never could. They mean more to me than my friends ever do combined.

"Shay, please talk to me." Parkers voice drifts to my ears. That's when I realize he's been trying to get my attention for, I don't know how long. He's standing right in front of me cupping my face in his hands. His eyes are filled with worry and regret.

I know I can't leave so there's no point in running. I don't want to be comforted by him either. I shake him off and take a step back. "I'm fine." My voice is the complete opposite though. I don't sound fine at all. I sound hollow, numb. I guess I am.

Parker opens his mouth once more to speak but his father interrupts him. "Why don't we go discus some things shall we? It will help you understand more and vice versa."

I nod my head, and without a second glance I start to follow Jacob. After a few moments of hesitation I can feel Parker following us. Jacob spares me side-ways glances filled with worry and guilt but I dismiss them.

From the sun shining through the windows I assume its late afternoon. I just have to get through this conversation, than find my friends and go to bed. Sleep sounds wonderful right now. The whole world could just fall away for a couple hours. Everything will go away. I need that.

We walk inside Parkers office once again. I take a seat in one of the chairs as does Jacob. Parker closes the door behind us and instead sits on the couch on my side. I don't turn my back on him, I look down to my lap where my fingers are wrestling each other.

"We want to say sorry for our reaction to what you are." I know he's apologizing for his son only. I would've corrected him if I didn't feel so numb to it all. My mind is filled with the thought of never seeing my parents again. "It's just... rogues are known to be dangerous. You're not of course but the others we have encountered are." He grips my hand in his. It doesn't bring any comfort to me though.

"It seems like you don't know much about the majority of rogues. Is that right?" Jacob asks beside me.

"My parents aren't dangerous," I tell them again.

"Well others are. I don't know what you know about them but most live in the woods. They don't have a stable home like you do. They steal what they can to survive. They spend weeks without showers. And they attack innocent people. Humans as well as werewolves."

I finally look up into Jacobs eyes. "Why would anyone want to live like that?"

"Because they don't like pack life for one reason or another. And most, if not all the time, rouges go around seeking revenge or simply spilling blood for the fun of it. Wolves are naturally social creatures. If we're not in a pack we either die or we act out."

"I don't believe it."

"You need to." He takes a deep breath. "Shay, my parents had two sons. I was the youngest. Maybe you don't know this but the eldest son always takes over the Alpha title when they turn eighteen, as my brother did. He was twenty-two when it happened. Rogues attacked the pack. They attacked my brother, brought him to the brink of death. Then . . . they killed his mate who was pregnant with their first child. My brother was right there when it happened. They made him watch with his last breath." Tears pool in his dark eyes and his voice cracks with each word.

I squeeze his hand offering him the only kind of comfort I can give him. Some of the numbness seeps back in. I was always a sap for sad movies. Now I know why Parker doesn't like rouges and orders them to be killed. They took something sacred from them. "My parents are rouges, does that mean they kill people?"

Parker walks around to kneel in-between me and his father. "No it doesn't. They gave you a great home Shay, they aren't killers."

"But before they had me they lived alone. I think in the woods. They hate werewolves, all kinds. I think-" My voice breaks down in the end into a sob.

It can't be real. They couldn't. They would never. They're on the run. They're protective of me. They hate their own kind. They always told me to run. They had a life before me. They couldn't have killed people.

Could they?

Who were they before they had me?

My body is shaking with sobs once again. I realize I'm curled up on Jacobs lap but I feel warmth coming from my hand. In-between the tears and the sobs I see Parker holding my hand. Just for a moment I let him hold it. It calms me down to the point of no more wailing.

I stand up along with Parker and Jacob, dropping Parkers hand. I can't stand to look either of them in the eyes. If my parents killed people than they are no better than the people who killed Jacobs brother and his mate.

"I want to take a shower." My voice comes out hoarse and quiet.

"Okay come on." Parker makes a move to grab my hand but I dodge it. I'm still mad at him for what he did to me. A simple 'sorry' won't make up for it.

With hesitation he walks out the door without me and I follow. I'm glad I don't see any of my friends as we make the journey through the house. If they saw me now, a blood stained shirt, tear streaks down my face, bandages on my arm and wrist, they would've thought I was brutally beaten. Which I was but that's not the full source.

We walk into his bedroom. My suitcases are still on the bed with the clothes and the door to the bathroom is broken into pieces.

Inside the bathroom the tub is still running with my blood which is now drying. Despite all the terrible things in this room I just want to feel the water running down my back. I turn to face a still Parker.

"Are you going to leave?" I gesture towards the broken door.

"Um your bandages." He awkwardly nods towards them.

"What about them?" I look to the white tape around my wrist and arm and back up to him.

"I can heal the wounds now." He scratches the back of his neck.

This can't be more awkward for him than it is for me. "Um okay." I slowly unwrap the tape from my arm and wrist. He makes no move to help me and I'm grateful. I don't need this to be anymore awkward than it already is.

I throw the bloody bandages onto the counter next to me. When I look up to Parker his eyes are blue and his fists are clenched. His eyes are trained on my wounds. They look better than they did a while ago but they're healing slowly. I don't know how Parker is going to heal them but I just want the reminders gone.

When his attention finally gets back to me his eyes soften. He lightly rolls up my sleeve past the elbow and holds my arm out. He looks at me one last time as if for confirmation which I give him with a nod. He dips his head and starts to lick the wound. It feels weird at first but then it feels better. I can feel the pain go away gradually. Next he grabs my other wrist and starts to lick those too. Soon all evidence of what happened is gone. When he's done he looks back up at me with his gorgeous green orbs. In that moment I think about if the cut on my lip was still there, he probably would have to lick that too.

I shake away my thoughts and mumble a 'thank you'. I turn away from him and start to turn on the shower. He takes the hint and says, "I'll be waiting in the hall for you."

I can hear his footsteps over the broken door fade away. When I hear the bedroom door open and close I start to strip off my clothes.

The water feels amazing running down my back. I turn up the pressure so the hard spray massages my aching back. I rinse my hair of any blood that might have gotten in there with Parkers shampoo. Once I'm done scrubbing myself free from all the dirt and blood of the day I curl up on the cold tile of the shower.

My tears mix with the water so I don't know which ones which. The only way I know I'm crying is from the salt taste in my mouth and my stinging eyes.

This was the worst day of my life by far. It was supposed to be the best. Meeting my mate, going to a summer camp with my friends. I let myself imagine what it would be like if Dylan never dragged me away. If I met Parker under different circumstances. I could've had the whole summer with my mate and friends with a smile on my face.

Now I'm sitting in his shower, with a broken down door, an unwanted mark on my neck, and tears running down my face. Don't forget about the new information I received; my parents may or may not be murderers.

The water turns cold so I'm forced to turn it off. I wrap myself in one of the towels on the counter and peek in the room to see if anyone is in there. Parkers not but I can feel him just outside the door. My wet feet pad against the carpet of the room. Off the bed I grab some clothes. A simple t-shirt and jean shorts and underwear.

Now I don't want to stay in the same room as Parker. I don't want to be in the same house as him. After I dress fully I start stuffing my clothes back in the suitcases. It's not neat at all but I don't care. I'm going to unpack again soon anyways. As I zip up the last suitcase I hear the door open.

I don't need any proof to know its Parker. "What are you doing?" I drag the bags off the bed but he doesn't stop me. He walks further into the room, about the reach for my arm but stops himself.

"I want a different room."

"You can stay in here, please-"

"The least you could do is give me my own room Parker. I need space and time."

"I'll give you time! But please not space! I need you near me now." He pleads.

"You can't have one without the other."

He seems to agree with me because he picks up my suitcases and heads out the door with slumped shoulders. I follow after him as he walks down the hallway. We pass only a couple doors before he stops in front of one. It's not far enough away from his but I know it's as far as his wolf will let me go.

He lays the bags next to my bed. The walls are painted a light gray matching the light gray carpet. There are two French doors that are old gray wood that lead off to a balcony. The ceiling is bright wood overlapping each other. A simple chandelier hangs from it, over the bed. There are two storage compartments on either side of the bed which I assume are the closets. The bed is small, half the size of Parkers. The comforter is white like the clouds along with the pearl white headboard. Two vases of flowers are on either side as well.

"I know it's small but-"

"I don't care." I open the closet to see it filled with hangers.

"I would like it if you didn't have anyone in here." He stumbles over his words.

I turn to glare at him. Does he really have the audacity to ask me to not have other people in this room? Does he think since I slept with one other person once that was almost a year ago that I would go around and hook up with others? For a split second I think about sleeping with someone just to spite him but the moment it enters my brain I regret it. My stomach churns even though I haven't eaten since breakfast.

"Just please promise me." He asks with pleading eyes. I'm pretty sure an Alpha isn't supposed to be acting this way. I can feel his power coming off of him in waves and powerful men aren't vulnerable. For that sole reason I nod my head for him.

He visibly relaxes but doesn't leave the room. He stands in the doorway while I hang up my clothes. I would tell him to beat it but I tell myself I'm too tired to. Half way through my shirt pile my stomch growls loudly for all of Montana to hear.

"When was the last time you ate?" He asks from behind me curiously.

"This morning." I mumble trying to fight through the pain in my stomach while putting clothes on hangers.

"Well dinner is going to be ready soon." That's the best news I have heard all day. I drop the shorts in my hands and turn to him.

"Great I'll find my friends." I walk past him out the door.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

589 39 17
#2 New Moon Series _An enemy of an enemy is a friend_ I have yearned for a mate ever since I learnt of one. Thoughts about having someone who would l...
61K 1.6K 41
(Not edited ) Every heartless sole wants her for power revenge or simply love.Kate is a young white werewolf a powerful one she is the Alphas daughte...
9K 541 33
Aiden is a normal werewolf in a pack who happens to be the beta of one of the worlds most ruthless packs. He has everything he's ever wanted, a best...
7.8K 283 16
Being a curse on her own pack. She never wished for it. Taking all the pain she waited for her mate. When finally they met. From sneaking out to gett...