The Blood Of Olympus **DISCON...

By Infinite_Warrior

{Discontinued} Maybe fourteen days was too little to defeat Mother Earth herself, but it's all Percy, Annabet... More

Chapter One- Leo
Chapter Two- Percy
Chapter Three- Annabeth
Chapter Four- Hazel
Chapter Five- Jason
Chapter Six- Piper
Chapter Seven- Frank
Chapter Eight- Leo
Chapter Ten- Annabeth
Chapter Eleven- Hazel
Chapter Twelve- Jason
Chapter Thirteen- Piper
Chapter Fourteen- Frank
Chapter Fifteen- Leo
Chapter Sixteen- Percy
AUTHOR'S NOTE >> Please Read

Chapter Nine- Percy

1.8K 34 21
By Infinite_Warrior

Hey guys!

Once again, thanks a lot for all the support! You guys really are the best. <3

Dedication goes to MystoganSeven for all the support and dedications, haha. Thought I'd repay the favour, eh?

In the comments, can you guys tell me how my writing is? This work is unedited, because unfortunately I don't have the patience to go back and edit. So, besides that, tell me what you like most about my writing and what is something I could improve on. [No hate, please be nice! Anything like this will be deleted right away, and if you are trying to make me feel bad, let me tell you now it's not going to work. You're wasting your time.]

Let's end this A/N on a happy note:

Caterpillars! 

Percy Jackson IX

Someone lightly shook Percy awake. Groaning, Percy sat up and rubbed the sleepiness out of his eyes.

The first thing he saw, were Annabeth's stormy grey eyes. Next, he saw the time, 5:19 am.

"Let me sleep!" Percy grumbled, falling back into bed and pulling the covers over his body.

"Percy, we're here at Athens. You should leave as soon as possible so you have enough time to defeat Mimas." Annabeth said gently, taking the blanket off Percy and placing it neatly in the corner.

Percy sighed, nodding slightly and heading to the bathroom. Annabeth had already placed clothes there for him, which Percy slid on after his shower.

Percy headed down to the Dining hall, where Annabeth was drinking some coffee. Percy stole her cup and took a sip, handing it back to her with a smile. Annabeth simply rolled her eyes as Percy went to the table and got food.

"So, who else is awake?" Percy asked, munching down on the pancakes that appeared in front of him.

"Jason, who's waking up Leo. Everyone else is sleeping, I think." Annabeth replied, jokingly taking a bite from his pancake.

Percy didn't complain, he was enjoying his food too much. After eating fire-water for so long, Percy greatly appreciated proper food.

"What's up?" Leo asked, sitting down at the table beside Percy. Jason sat down across from him, beside Annabeth.

"Nothing much," Percy flashed a smile at Leo, "Ready to beat kick some giant booty?"

"You bet." Leo laughed, eating his breakfast quickly, "So where exactly is this "Temple of Hephaestus"? Where do we land?"

"Not far from here," Annabeth replied, reaching for something in her pocket. She spread a map of Greece out on the table and pointed out two locations, "We'll land here, and the temple is here. I've already set up the destination."

Leo looked impressed as he watched Annabeth beam at her accomplishment. Almost no one knew how to use the Argo II, even if they helped build it. As Percy looked around at the Greek warship, he now appreciated how awesome this floating ship of doom really was.

Suddenly, Festus started to whirr and click, which Leo translated quickly, "We're landing."

He left his drink half-finished and went over to the controls to help the ship land. "What are you guys going to do in the meanwhile?" Percy asked, putting the last peice of his third pancake in his mouth.

"Strategize." Annabeth replied, "And guard the ship."

"Relax, take it easy, and train." Jason added, sipping his orange juice.

"Listen here, Seaweed Brain, you better make it back with Leo, got it?" Annabeth asked, her eyes narrowing and her injured body making her threat more menancing.

"Got it." Percy yelped.

Jason laughed, "The great Percy Jackson, afraid of his girlfriend?"

"Shut up."

 "Come on," Annabeth laughed, taking his hand, "Let's get to upper deck."

Annabeth pulled Percy on deck, but in her grey eyes Percy saw the pain she was holding back. He slowed her down a little, to which she smiled lightly.

As soon as Percy came on deck, he saw the temple in the distance, not too far a walk. Leo had the ship hovering just above the ground which meant they had to use the rope ladder.

Percy waved before swinging himself onto the ladder, slowly climbing down. Moments after he jumped off and landed on the ground, Leo fell right beside him.

Resisting the urge to laugh, Percy offered a hand which Leo took, a scowl on his face. 

The silence on the way to the temple would have been awkward, but Percy had too much to think about. For example, the horror of the visions Leto showed him back in the room. Percy knew exactly who wouldn't come back from this quest, and he didn't like it. He didn't like it one bit.

As much as he wanted to tell someone, he found he couldn't. His mouth would automatically stop working, making him look like a fool.

"Uh, Percy?" Leo's asked uncertainly, interrupting his thoughts. Instinctively pulling out his sword, Percy drew his blade just in time to skewer a monster, making golden dust explode all over him.

Percy coughed, spitting out monster dust, "Yuck."

"That's not all!" Leo yelled, making Percy flinch, just out of the reach of a claw. Percy retreated a few steps, seeing a huge army of monsters surround the temple. 

"Leo, you go ahead to Mimas! I'll join you later!" Percy yelled, hacking through a pair of Empousa. "I'll clear a path."

Percy gripped his sword tightly, tensing his back foot as he waited for the monsters to come closer. One took a step forward, and Percy immediately sprang at it, slicing through it in a matter of moments. In the next two minutes, Percy had cleared a path to the temple, with the help of Leo of course. 

Leo stumbled inside, while Percy protected the doors. 

Honestly, Percy didn't even know how he was holding up so far. His arms felt like they were going to fall, yet he kept going, stabbing his sword through two monsters at one, while kicking another monster in the gut. Percy was covered in blood, some of it his own, some of it the monsters'. 

The blur of the battle finally ended, his sword peircing through the last of the monsters. Percy collapsed on the spot, far beyond exhausted.

Leo was holding up okay, until the giant attacked. 

Mimas wasn't as tall most of the other giants, but compared to the small fire-weilding demigod, Leo was a bug waiting to be squashed.

"Leo, son of Hephaestus." Mimas cackled, watching as Leo tried to spew flames at him. They merely dissolved as soon as they touched his skin, leaving all Leo's efforts in vain.

"I am immune to fire," Mimas said, clicking his tounge, "A simple touch of mine can put out a whole forest fire."

Leo's eyes widened as Mimas' fist nearly smushed him.

"Let's see what my touch will do to you!"

An ear-splitting scream rang through the air, making Percy shiver in his sleep.

Leo lay on the ground, covered in burns. Percy thought Leo was immune to fire, but Mimas seemed different. His whole aura radiated coldness, which Percy could feel all the way from outside.

Leo stood up shakily, pulling something out of his tool belt. His fingers moved in perfect sync, tying knots and screwing in bolts. When Leo was done, Percy wasn't even sure what it was, but it looked like a demented grappling hook.

Leo shot flames onto the ground, which was covered in puddles of water from yesterday's unexpected showers, which created a foggy mist. The normal kind, that is.

Percy heard a CLINK of metal against stone, and then an annoyed roar. The mist cleared, Leo standing on the giant's neck. The grappling hook, or whatever it was, was embedded into the giant's back, golden ichor flowing out.

Unfortunately for Leo, Mimas only seemed slightly annoyed by this.

"A GOD!" Leo yelled, his voice echoing through out the temple, "I need a god!"

"A god, you say?" 

"PERCY!" 

Percy shot up in surprise, immediately met with pain. Percy groaned and laid down again, opening his eyes to a horribly burnt boy.

"Leo?"

"Yeah, it's me." Leo replied, wincing as he sat down beside Percy.

"W-what happened?" Percy asked, eyeing the blood gushing out of Leo's arms.

"I kicked the giant's booty, that's what! It was slightly tricky at first, but no match for me. I suppose Aphrodite helped out a little bit, but I did the most of the work." Leo beamed, smiling wickedly.

Percy rolled his eyes, but asked, "Aphrodite?"

"Yeah. Only for about a minute, but she appeared to help, spearing Mimas with a large, pointy comb while I shot flames at it." Leo explained.

"A pointy comb?" Percy laughed.

"That's what it looked like to me." Leo said defensively, "Anyway, we have to head back. It's already almost nighttime."

Percy looked at the rising moon, and then back at Leo's burnt face. Pursing his lips, Percy pushed himself up and helped Leo back towards the sillouette of the ship.

If anybody else got as hurt as Leo, Percy wouldn't be able to take it. Annabeth was already bad enough, Percy didn't need anymore examples.

"We're back!" Leo called as soon as they had (some how) managed to get onto deck.

Okay, so that was kinda bad. What am I saying, this was horrible. It was overly cheesy and there was not enough action. I apologize, but I'm really tired right now.

Also, I have another goal for today! Can we get 17 comments? (Please note that this time if you comment more than once it will not count. Thanks a lot!)

As well as commenting, don't forget to vote and all the other things that I'm too tired to name!

~Infinite_Warrior

Continue Reading