Anywhere But Home {Available...

By rockandmetalgirl

{Complete} Highest Ranking : #1 in Teen Fiction (11/29/2018) (Thank you so much!) Emma Thompson it's on the r... More

Author's note/Prologue
{1} It's haunting how I can't seem to find myself again
{2} And I've been denying this feeling of hopelessness In me
{3} Trouble with the room 263
{5} It's just one of those days
Anywhere But Home is now on KOBO!
New Book Alert!

{4} People that I used to know

19.8K 636 104
By rockandmetalgirl

Author's Note

First of all, I want to say .. THANK YOU so freaking much for the almost 400 views! This means the world to me! Thank you for your comments and votes! You're awesome!

Second of all, The day of the weekly updates will be on Saturday starting from now on.

Emma Roberts 

''Can you stop staring at them like a crazy person?'' Tori whispered with a goofy smile plastered on her face. ''I know they are really hot and all of that but believe me when I say, those two are trouble.'' She sighed taking a sip in her glass of wine.

Why is everyone saying bad things about them? My nosy side is killing me over here.

''I'm staring because they're staring.'' I protested. ''And it's actually getting uncomfortable.'' I added, slicing a piece of chicken.

''I went to school with them.'' She declared. You did?

''Really?'' I asked choking on a piece of chicken but quickly regaining my composure. ''Do you guys know each other?'' I inquired a little too curious for my own sake and then face-palming myself for the dumb question that just left my mouth. Of course, they do.

''Yes, we do.'' She grabbed her glass of wine again and finished the cup in two seconds. Okay. What's happening here?

''But you guys didn't even say hello to each other at the reception.'' I stated looking intrigued at her.

''We're not friends anymore.'' She informed me looking away and refilling her glass.

''Why not?'' I insisted.

She looked at me and sighed. Maybe she doesn't want to talk about it. We've only known each other for two hours, so I get why she doesn't want to share it with me. ''You want the short version or the long one?'' She asked taking me by surprise.

''Whatever you want to tell me.'' I replied smiling at her.

''Me, Chris and Brian were friends since kindergarten.'' She began putting her glass down. ''Brian is the one standing in front of Chris.'' She informed making a discrete signal with her hand. ''We were the three Musketeers.'' She said smiling. ''Every time one of us got in trouble, we would always stand up for each other, even if with that, we got into so many troubles in school and with our parents. We were close like that.'' She stated with a sad grin on her lips.

There was a pause. I waited for her to be ready to continue. ''Until Junior high, they started hanging out with other people and forgotten that I existed.'' She cleaned her mouth with her napkin. ''You see, I may look like the social type of girl, but the truth is that I'm not.''

''And let me guess, the other kids were very social?'' I asked looking over my shoulder and sending a death glare at the both of them, which they didn't see because they were too engaged in their conversation and then looked back at Tori.

''Yeah...'' She sighed. ''I tried to keep up with their pace, but the kids they hang out with were too complicated.'' She stated shaking her head in disapproval.

''How so?'' I inquired.

''Drugs and alcohol.'' She responded waving to the waitress to bring the deserts. ''Of course, they weren't addicts and all of that, but my parents would kill me if I ever did drugs.'' She informed, widen her eyes at me. ''And alcohol... Let's just say that I get wasted to fast, so it's not really funny getting drunk in fifteen minutes and then make out with some dude if you're not going to remember it the next day.'' She said this time with a small smile on her face. ''A girl got to have standards.'' She confidently stated shrugging. I laugh at her. Yeah, we do.

''You didn't know they were coming here?'' I asked finishing my meal, grabbing then my glass of wine. Let me just say, that this is the first time that I'm drinking wine in my life and I freaking love it.

''Well, I had my suspicions.'' She responded briefly. One of the waitresses collected our plates and another one brought our deserts. When they were both gone, she continued. ''But I never imagined them living on campus.'' She confessed. ''They are really wealthy.'' She emphasized the word 'wealthy'.

''I also thought that.'' I said taking a spoonful of the best cheesecake that I ever tasted in my life. Like honestly, whoever invented this desert... Congrats to them. ''Trying to proclaim their independence from their parent's maybe?'' I asked teasingly.

''Could be.'' She shrugged. ''They have strict parents.'' She added pressing her lips on a thin line. Was there something that she wasn't telling? Okay, Em, stop being nosy.

''Do you think they will try a rapprochement with you?'' I inquired.

''I highly doubt it.'' She sighed. ''Their weird friends also came. I saw them arriving the day that I arrived.'' She informed rolling her eyes.

''You really don't like them, do you?'' I asked giggling at her facial expression.

She shook her head multiple times. ''The day I do, please send me to the nearest hospital ASAP.'' She looked at me, but then looked at something behind me. ''Don't look back.'' She ordered looking back at me. ''They are walking towards here.''

''Who?'' I asked confused, but then reality hit me. ''The upset guy and the other one?''

She narrowed her eyes at me but then shook her head. ''Yes.'' She replied gritting her teeth. ''Just act normal.'' I did as she said and straighten up my posture.

''Well, look who we have here.'' Brian said standing right beside me, while Christopher was right beside Tori.

''Hello Brian.'' Tori greeted him with a small beam, which he returned. ''Hello to you too Chris.'' She said looking up to face his blank expression. Not even a smile. 'NADA'. This guy really has a temper.

''So... how's life going?'' Brian asked awkwardly running a hand through his hair. Duo to the fact that he is so close to me I can really observe his features. He looks like he is 5' 7", shorter than I thought he was. Not that I mind short guys! And besides, he is not that short...

''Fine.'' Tori responded looking away from them and picking up her glass. ''We were in the same school for the last two years. If you cared, you would have asked it earlier.'' Tori mumbled drinking a little water.

''Maybe we would if you weren't such a whiner.'' Christopher replied crossing his arms to his chest. Tori looked at me and her eyes widen a little. She knew she shouldn't have said that, but sometimes you can't control your feelings and especially what comes out of your mouth. ''But now I see that you're friends with a different species.'' He said with disdain pouring from each word, looking straight into my eyes. Did he call me a 'different species'? Did he seriously say that? I know I want to be a doctor to save lives, but this guy makes me want to commit murder. All because of a damn room.

''Whiner?'' She protested probably because she saw my face light up like a Christmas tree. ''Excuse me if I didn't want to get high or drunk with your junkie's buddies.'' She said raising her voice a little. ''And don't talk to Emily like that.'' She said getting up and grabbing her coat.

''Seriously, want the hell happened to you Chris?'' She shouted this time gaining the attention of a few customers who here near us. ''You used to be one of the sweetest guys I've known.'' She stated only inches from his face. ''And now? Now you turned into one of those freaking bastards that we used to laugh about.'' She said this time lower, gritting her teeth.

For a split second, I thought I saw a hint of sadness in his eyes, but he quickly covers that up. ''Oh, can you stop being so dramatic?'' He inquired rolling his eyes at her. ''This is exactly why we were fucking tired of having you all day long around us!'' He said uncrossing his arms. ''I don't want to do this, I don't go to that party, I don't smoke a cigarette because my parents would notice the smell.'' He said mimicking her voice in a high pitch. ''You were so freaking annoying!''

''Chris... We bett-'' Brian has interrupted with a hand gesture of Christopher.

''No!'' He shouted this time. ''She was the one who started this and now she will listen to what I have to say!'' He commanded. I'm feeling powerless here. What should I do? Should I intervene?

''No, she is not.'' I responded when I saw her holding back her tears from falling down her face. I took some money from my wallet and placed it on top of the table waving at the waitress. I grabbed my purse and her purse. ''We're leaving.'' I said walking passed Brian and kindly grabbing her arm pulling her away from him.

''She is not going anywhere!'' Christopher said grabbing her other arm.

''If you want to live to see the sunrise tomorrow, you will get her go.'' I warned. He was going to answer but Brian pulled him away.

''Just let them go dude.'' He said shoving Chris into the other direction. ''The hell is wrong with you?'' We heard Brian mumbling from a far distance.

We were waiting for five minutes when we saw a taxi pulling over. We walked towards the cab. Tori's cheeks were all red, but she didn't even cry. I wouldn't too. Nobody likes to cry in front of a stranger.

The car ride was silent. We were both facing the window. I wanted to ask if she was okay... But I know she wasn't. How could you?

''Thank you Emily.'' She thanked me looking in my direction.

I smiled at her. ''Anytime.''

__________________________

Chapter 4 is out! :D

Questions: What is your first impression of Christopher? Would you like me to make a Chis P.O.V?

Comment and vote if you enjoyed it!

MG

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.1M 23.8K 30
"I want to go back to my old ways." Ezra said in a monotone. It felt like he held no emotion. I stood dumbfounded not knowing what to do? "I tried yo...
139K 11.5K 43
Unedited... Laura is the second daughter of Chief West and the first and only child of Chief West's late first wife. She had lost her mother in a gha...
1.3M 29K 65
- PREVIOUSLY KNOWN AS 'The Scars Of Your Love' - Emmeline Adams is just getting settled into her new life as a college student in Berkeley, Californi...
2.1M 61.5K 56
''There is only one thing crossing my mind right now. If he hates me so much, then why the hell is he kissing me back?'' ----------------------- Emma...