No Strings Attached

By ColouredCookie

Charisma. Wealth. Good-looks. All characteristics which high-flying legal CEO Riccardo Alonso owns. He is t... More

No Strings Attached
Part Two: No Strings Attached
Part 3 : No Strings Attached
Part 4 : No Strings Attached
Part 5 : No Strings Attached
Part 6 : No Strings Attached
Part 7 : No Strings Attached
Part 8 : No Strings Attached
Part 7 : No Strings Attached
Part 8 : No Strings Attached
Part 9 : No Strings Attached
Part 10 : No Strings Attached
Part 11 : No Strings Attached
Part 12 : No Strings Attached
Part 13 : No Strings Attached
Part 14 : No Strings Attached
Part 15 : No Strings Attached
Part 16 : No Strings Attached
Part 17 : No Strings Attached
Part 18 : No Strings Attached
Part 19 : No Strings Attached
Part 20 : No Strings Attached
Part 21 : No Strings Attached
Part 22 : No Strings Attached
Part 23 : No Strings Attached
Part 24 : No Strings Attached
Part 25 : No Strings Attached
Part 26 : No Strings Attached
Part 27 : No Strings Attached
Part 28 - No Strings Attached
Part 29 - No Strings Attached
';TheEpilogue
No Strings Attached - The Confessions
NEW NOVEL

Part 30 : No Strings Attached

9.2K 186 9
By ColouredCookie

I glanced down at my watch impatiently as the small hand ticked around.

Where the hell is she?

It was compulsory for all employees of the Board to attend the Annual General Meeting, but knowing Kimberley, she would break protocol just to tick me off.

I was dead inside, I just knew it. As horrific as it sounds, Kimberley Alonso nee Scott was and is my heartbeat and without her I am completely empty. It's official. Kimberley has ruined my entire existence. I'd f***ed up a case pretty badly last week, and I never f**k up. It's only because I couldn't stop thinking about her the whole time. I've spent the good part of the last two weeks locked up in our room, looking at her things, smelling her perfume, sleeping on her side of the bed.

"Mr Alonso, sir."

"What?" I snapped irritably, spinning around in my chair. The last thing I needed right now was a lecture from one of my staff telling me I looked "down" or that I didn't seem to be feeling "myself" recently. My staff? Questioning me? That has never happened, ever. Until now. Everyone is asking about Kimberley, it's safe to say she's the light and hope of this place, and now, she's gone.

"The meeting starts in three minutes, sir. I have your coffee - milk, two sugars as you requested." she said, handing me the AAC mug

"Thank you." I replied quickly, placing the cup on the desk and turning around once again.

Seriously, not in the mood.

Then I heard it.

"Sarah, I want absolutely no interruptions today, do you hear me? Anyone that interrupts me can expect their head on a platter. Cancel my twelve o'clock, move my one o'clock to twelve o'clock and cancel that too. All I want to bloody hear about is the Whyte and Browns case. Tell the press to go f**k themselves. After this godforsaken AGM I want the phone to my ear immediately. I want to speak to Judge Smythe, hear his reaction when I tell him that the defendant's attorney now has a criminal record. Oh and Sarah, no interruptions, are we understood?

Her voice wafted down the corridor in an angry tone and suddenly she came into my view.

Her hair was coiled upwards with a few loose strands hanging from either side. She wore a pearl coloured dress, fitted at the waist and down to her knees with a cascading neckline, complimented with the necklace I'd bought her on the day we were married. She strode confidently down the corridor in her five inch pearl heels and flashed a smile at anyone who walked by. She looked more beautiful than ever. It wouldn't take a fool to notice she was still pregnant. Her cheeks were flushed and rosy and Sarah was rushing along behind her looking flustered at the anger she'd obviously been subjected to, courtesy of my hormonal wife...

But would she be my wife for much longer?

I'd already steeled myself for the prospect of being filed with divorce papers. For the second time.

I was more than willing to fight for Kimberley, but the real question was whether she was willing to fight for me.

Sarah tapped Kimberley's shoulder and signalled for her to go into the board room where I was currently sitting, my back facing away from her.

She obliged.

I swivelled around in my chair to meet the emerald eyes of my wife.

We meet again Mr Bond...

The smile fell off her face, her lips slightly parted, "Riccardo."

"Kimberley..."

She had lost weight, I could tell. This pregnancy, the one she had wanted to abort, was it making her ill? Was this my punishment for pushing her away? She had tried to disguise the weight loss by applying bronzer to her cheekbones, but truth be told, I knew my wife's body far too well.

Our eyes interlocked for a few seconds before she turned away and took her seat at the opposite end of the table, next to various other gentlemen of the board, instead of her usual seat on the right hand side of me.

Anything to defy me, Kimberley.

My body ached for her. I longed to hold her in my arms again, to feel her against me, to push that dress off her shoulders, to lower her onto the desk and... damn it Alonso, watch your train of thought.

"Ladies... gentlemen," I smiled, "Before we begin, if you don't mind, I would like a word with my wife. In private."

Kimberley looked up at me, startled, her green eyes wavering, her wedding ring sparkling under the light as she clutched her glass of water, it was shaking in her hands, I spotted the pulsating vein in her head as she clenched her jaw.

Everyone was attempting to avert their eyes, sensing the tension in the room. Kimberley, ever the professional cut-throat lawyer, gathered herself quickly and shot back.

"And of what relevance would this 'word' be?"

She glared at me.

I stood up, walking towards her end of the table with a predatory gait. I smirked, "Whatever you want it to be." I leered

One of the female members of the board visibly gasped, covering her hand with her mouth.

"Oh, don't be so ridiculous Riccardo!" she scoffed

I leant down, grabbing her arm, "Private." I hissed.

"Fine." she stood and followed me out of the room towards my office.

I strode down the corridor until I reached the office. I grabbed my wife's arm and pulled her inside, locking the door behind me.

"What the hell is this all about Riccardo? You say jump and I say how high? Because that's not how this is going to go, trust me."

I leant back on the desk, folding my arms, "Damn it Kimberley, you look sexy as hell."

She blushed, a chink in her armour, before standing up straight, "We're not... we're not here to discuss what I look like Riccardo, we're here to talk about us... you and me. So if you're not prepared for that, I may as well just leave."

"Look, Kim... I miss you okay, I want you back, I'm sorry."

"Oh for God's sake Riccardo, change the f***ing tune! You sound like a broken record! I admit I've been pretty spineless in the past, particularly when it comes down to you. I've forgive you for all of your mistakes, mostly your need to jump back into bed with that wh*re of an ex-wife of yours, but I'm a woman, and I would be nothing without some semblance of strength and most of all class. So stop with the "I'm sorry" Riccardo, because I've had enough sorry to last me an entire lifetime. I've told you that already."

I sighed, "Kimberley, you're making this difficult. You're my wife and I love you, more than anything else in the world in fact. Yes, I've made some pretty sh*tty mistakes. But I'm learning Kim. I know that's no kind of excuse and I've been an awful husband to you, but I can change. I can change for you Kimberley. I'll give up all of that sh*t for you. I want you back, I want my Mrs. Alonso, but I can understand... if you... want a... divorce..."

Suddenly, she burst out laughing.

"A DIVORCE? YOU THINK I'VE COME HERE TO ASK YOU FOR A DIVORCE?! THAT'S SERIOUSLY WHAT YOU THOUGHT?"

I flustered, "Well... yes... what... yes that's what I—-"

She cut me off mid-sentence, placing her hands on my shoulders, "Oh honey, that's the last thing I want from you! See, Riccardo... you're... how do I put this? You're an investment, and I sure as hell have invested a lot into you. It wouldn't make sense for me to pull out now and lose my return..." she purred.

"What?" I was confused, "What do you mean?"

"What I mean, my handsome. Sexy. Husband." she punctuated every word with a kiss to my neck, "Is that, you see, I rather like this little venture I've embarked upon and I'd like to keep it going, at least for a while longer. But trust me, Riccardo, if I see anything that makes me even remotely think I'm going to lose out, I'll be more than happy to withdraw my investment, with interest on top, and trust me, baby, it will be the most bloodthirsty thing you ever see. Okay?" she smiled.

I grinned, if there were two people in the world that could play this game it would be Kimberley and I.

I pulled her closer to my body, my lips a fraction of a centimetre away from hers, "Well Mrs Alonso, I think you've got yourself a deal. Do I sign on the dotted line?"

She grasped my hair and pulled my lips down to meet hers. We kissed passionately, Kimberley returning what I was giving with equal fervour before we both pulled away panting for breath.

"F**k you Riccardo..." she hit my chest, falling against me.

I laughed, "God damn it Kimberley, I've missed that mouth."

"I've missed yours too," she breathed, "Put it on me. Everywhere."

I chuckled, kissing her forehead, "So you're keeping the baby?"

She frowned, "How did you—"

"I'm your husband Kimberley. Don't ever think I don't know you."

She sighed, placing her hand on my stomach, "It's the right thing to do isn't it Rick? I am doing the right thing? I won't be a terrible mother, will I?"

"I think you'll make the best damn mother ever." I vowed.

Her eyes filled with tears and I pressed my thumb pads against her cheeks to catch them before they fell.

"Hey, hey... stop with the waterworks you..." I sighed.

"Rick, I'm so sorry, about everything." she sobbed, "I know I've said some awful things..."

"Shhh..." I ran my finger over her lip which she kissed softly, "I've done some awful things, Kimberley. It's me, not you, I realise how cliché that sounds, but it's me Kim, everything I've ever done, everything that's hurt you. I'm truly sorry Kim, I know you said that wasn't what you wanted to hear, but I couldn't be sorrier. I've worked it out this time. I'm changing Kimberley, and it's going to be better I swear it. For you, for us, for the baby..."

She hooked her hands around my neck and kissed my cheek and I held her in my arms.

I loved her so much. I would die for her; I would do anything for her. She was my world.

And now, my world was complete

With her.

With Kimberley.

***********************************************************

FINALLY I'VE BEEN ABLE TO UPLOAD THIS CHAPTER! THANKS FOR YOUR PATIENCE!

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

1.3M 40.2K 46
COMPLETED. Highest ratings Rank☆: 1 in beauty on 08/07/2020 Rank☆: 1 in discover on 27/04/2019 Rank☆: 2 in billionaire on 13/01/2020 Rank☆: 2 in writ...
6.7M 129K 30
"You wanted more, more, more! You're nothing but a gold-digger!" He shouted, and I gasped. Rafael Luciano, the love of my life; a sweet, handsome, am...
1.7M 51.3K 55
Highest ranking Millionaires No 6 (03-3-19) Deal No 3 (23-3-19) Feisty No 13 (05-6-19) ---------------------------------------------------------- ...
4.6M 108K 25
Join me in my penthouse suite. I will make you feel things you have never felt before... Sophia has always believed that she did not need a man in he...