Leave Me Alone { n.s. }

By coffeestainss

Nathan Sykes. He's just your average student at White Chapel High, right? Wrong! Thing is, he's a bloodsuckin... More

Chapter 1 - The New Guy
Chapter 2 - Detention
Chapter 3 - I'm Max, By The Way
Chapter 4 - Friendship Is In Order
Chapter 5 - Anything Is Possible
Chapter 6 - What Are You Doing Here?
Chapter 7 - You Don't Even Know Him
Chapter 9 - Different
Chapter 10 - The Incident
Chapter 11 - Matchmakers
Chapter 12 - Surprise
Chapter 13 - Soulmate?
Chapter 14 - Sick Day
Chapter 15 - Lovely
Chapter 16 - Winter Dance
Chapter 17 - Can I Trust You?
Chapter 18 - Will You...
Chapter 19 - Demons In My Head
Chapter 20 - Siva The Diva
Chapter 21 - Two Nathans?
Chapter 22 - Dress Shopping
Chapter 23 - Is He Hiding Something?
Chapter 24 - I Have Something To Tell You
Chapter 25 - I Am a Vampire
Chapter 26 - Panic Attack
Chapter 27 - Blood For The First Time
Chapter 28 - Selfish
Chapter 29 - Nothing To Me
Chapter 30 - Resist
Chapter 31 - Arguments
Chapter 32 - Control
Chapter 33 - Something Isn't Right
Chapter 34 - He's Back
Epilogue

Chapter 8 - Carnival

1K 27 5
By coffeestainss

Skye's POV

I grabbed my shoes. Before I went back downstairs, I popped in my mum's room to let her know where I was going. "I'm going somewhere with Nathan." I said. "Okay, have fun." She smiled and waved.

I made my way downstairs and got my shoes on. 

"Okay. Ready?" I asked as I grabbed my phone and jacket.

"Yep. Let's go." He said and got up. I closed the door behind us.

We began walking. "How far is the carnival on foot?" He asked as we turned the corner.

"Ten, twenty minutes? Something like that." I said.

He nodded.

As we walked, we were talking about random subjects. I decided, since we don't know each other well, we should get to know each other.

"What kind of music do you like to listen to?" I asked.

"That's a hard question. I like lots of different music. I like songs with meaning." He said.

"So like, love songs?" 

"More or less." He shrugged.

I nodded. "How about you?" He asked.

"Actually, pretty much the same thing." I said.

"Hm. Nice." He nodded.

"Don't get mad, but, what's your favourite colours?" He added.

"Purple, Black, Grey, Blue, and Red." I named them off.

"Cool. Mine are Blue, Green and Red." He said.

"Why would I get mad at that?" I gave him a look.

"People get mad at that question often." He shrugged.

"Oh. Well, what do you like to do for fun?" I asked.

"Hang out with friends, play video games, that kind of thing." He said.

I nodded, "Me to."

"What kinds of films do you like?" He asked.

"Comedy, thrillers, dramas, romantic comedies, and supernatural movies." 

"I don't really like dramas so much. And when you say, 'supernatural', you don't mean movies like Twilight right?" He laughed.

"No, no. Not that. I hate Twilight." I shook my head.

"Okay good. Because I've watched that movie three times, and I still don't see what makes girls so crazy over it." He laughed.

"It's probably because it has Taylor Lautner in it." I laughed.

"Just because he takes his shirt off a bunch of times?"

"I don't get why it makes girls melt. Any movie star can take off their shirt and a girl can go crazy." I shrugged.

"Does sound stupid when you think of it that way." He agreed.

"Yeah, I hate it." I nodded.

We continued walking to the carnival. We weren't very far from it now.

"What else do you like to do?" He asked.

"I like to sing and write." 

"You know what i'm gonna ask you next, right?"

"Hm, can't say I do." I chuckled.

"Sing a song!" He exclaimed.

I laughed. "You're funny. I can never sing in front of anyone. Too shy." 

"Come on, it's just me. What am I gonna do?" He said.

He did have a point. "Okay, fine. You got me. What song should I sing?"

"You want me to pick for you?"

"Sure. As long as I know the song, I like the song, and there's no high notes that the only possible person that can hit them is Mariah Carey." I said.

"Don't worry." He assured.

He was trying to think of a song as we were walking. "Come on Nathan." I rushed him.

"Stop rushing me, geez!" He said.

We were getting closer to the carnival. I could faintly hear music playing and people yelling and talking. "You might want to hurry." I chuckled.

"Why's that?"

"Because we're getting close to the carnival." I pointed.

"We can decide a song later. Come on!" He grabbed my hand and ran to the direction of the carnival.

I winced at the coldness of his hand once again. But the moment passed and I continued running.

"Nathan! Calm down!" I laughed as we were running.

When we made it, he slowed down.

When Nathan saw all of the interactions, i'm not exaggerating when I say he looked like a little kid in a candy store. 

"What do you want to do first?" I asked.

He looked around. "I don't know." He said.

How could he not know?! There were at least twenty things that I could see that we could do. And that's just walking in and looking around and not even looking thoroughly.

"Look." I pointed.

He tried looking at what I was pointing at.

I was pointing at the game where you spray the water into little mouths and win a prize.

I walked over to it. "Wanna play this?" He asked as I picked up a water gun.

"Yeah. I love this game for some reason." I said.

We began shooting the water into the clowns' mouths and to say the least, Nathan has bad aim! I on the other hand, have great aim and was amazing at this game. Either Nathan was off of his game by a lot, he was letting me win, or he just had bad aim in general.

"You know the objective of this game is to shoot water into the mouths, right?" I laughed once we were done.

"Don't insult my aiming!" He laughed.

"I wouldn't have to, if you could aim!" I laughed.

"You're so rude." He pretended to be offended.

"Aw, don't be so sad." I said.

He laughed. We continued to walk around the carnival, looking for stuff to do.

"There's a photo booth. Wanna go to that?" Nathan asked me and pointed.

"Sure." He nodded.

Nathan's POV

I'm having a good time with Skye and we haven't been here 10 minutes yet. I find that weird.

We walked over to the photo booth and stepped in. 

Her and I made such stupid poses and faces. The faces she made made her look so hilarious!

We took about 5 pictures before we were done. 

When we stopped taking them, we grabbed our copies and went on.

"I look so weird!" Skye laughed and covered her eyes.

"I think you look great. You're being yourself, which is a good thing!" I smiled.

"But the faces I made!" She laughed.

"Hey, you're not the only one who looked like a total psycho." I showed her my copy of the pictures.

She looked at my copy and burst out laughing. "Okay, so we both have things to be embarrassed of." She said, pointing at my copy and giving it a look.

"Ahem!" I pointed at a specific one on hers. Her eyes were crossed and her tongue was sticking out. In reality, she looked amazing to me.

Crossed eyes and all. I love how she can be weird and not give a shit. 

"Look at this face, you look like someone just shot your puppy. So serious!" She pointed at the first one of mine. 

"Clearly, that one was on purpose." I laughed.

"Oh I know, but that doesn't mean that I can't laugh." She smirked.

I laughed. We continued walking around.

"Having a good time so far?" I asked over the loud bustle of people.

"Yeah." She smiled.

I wish I can just tell her that I like her. But she barely knows me. How werid would it be if me, not knowing her very well, told her that I liked her?

I want to make sure that this feeling is real..

Because I can tell that Skye isn't like other girls.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

7.1K 84 22
A freshman at college Carla just moved to London alone. She left her family and friends back home in Croatia and is trying to adjust to the new envio...
15.7K 408 16
*COMPLETED* When Nathan rediscovers Heather in someone else's body, he doesn't have to do much to rekindle their love, but has to do plenty to keep...
70.9K 1.9K 34
The past can be haunting. It can be traumatic and for this seventeen year old- life hasn't been on her side. Josie Kingsley had everything, money, ho...
19.6K 647 47
Highest Ranking #14 in Hunter 4-12-19 #21 in Warlock 10-25-18 #55 in Demon 1-19-19 #431 in Werewolf 4-15-19 Book One "MATE!" He yelled. I stared at...