The Yuri-Effect

By jooee-yoonyul

More

The Yuri-Effect
1-10
11-20
21-30
31-40
41-50
51-58
001. Hidden Desire
64-70
002. Heartbroken Hero
72-80
81-90
91-final

061-063. Seeking Secrets

1K 12 0
By jooee-yoonyul

Chapter 61- Seeking Secrets P1

 "Seohyuuun! Good morning!"

 Yoona greeted Seohyun who’s coming out of her humble home. Seohyun quickly took Yoona's hand and pulled her lover to walk away. Seohyun picked up speed at her walking making Yoona wonder if something was wrong.

 "Any problems, Seo?" Yoona asked, she also walked fast to catch up to Seohyun. "Nothing.. Let's just go." Seohyun still continued to look away focusing on the road they walked on.

 "You sure?" Yoona asked, she scanned over Seohyun's face; clearly something was wrong. "Im sure, Yoong. I just need to be earlier today.." Seohyun looked at Yoona and smiled.

 "We should have took my car instead." Yoona suggested, she also took Seohyun's bag but Seohyun took it away, immediately. "It’s ok.. We'll take the train." Seohyun smiled. Yoona smiled back but something about Seohyun today bothered her.

 On the train, Seohyun looked pre-occupied and gloomy, people are bumping on to Seohyun while the girl didn’t seem to respond too much. Seeing so, Yoona wrapped an arm around Seohyun, placing her hand on Seohyun's right shoulder.

 "Owww!" Seohyun lightly shouted and swayed Yoona's hand away. She looked at Yoona and held on her shoulder. Yoona looked at her lover concerned and very confused. "Y-you ok, Seo?"

 "I-Im fine. Sorry, It just aches a bit.." Seohyun referred to her shoulder. "Are you sure? Please tell me if something's wrong.." Yoona pleaded.

 "Sure Yoona I will. But you don’t need to worry, I just overreacted." Seohyun answered, smiling.

 Yoona felt an intuition that Seohyun was hiding something from her. She just let it pass but it still bothered her.

 "Did you make your science assignment?" Arriving at the school premises, Seohyun remembered.

 "Yea.. It was quite hard. I finished late.." Yoona stressfully said. "Can I copy?" Seohyun said. Yoona looked at Seohyun, thinking she heard something new from the girl. "C-copy?"

 "Y-yea.. I forgot to do mine.." Seohyun looked down. Yoona quickly searched her bag and when she found her notebook, she quickly gave it to Seohyun. "Thank you, Yoona.." Seohyun smiled. "N-no problem, anytime Seo.." Yoona smiled back, she helped Seohyun in making the assignment before going to their classroom. Yoona was still worried of what could have made Seohyun forget her assignment. It was completely something she didn't expect from Seohyun, but she was glad to help Seohyun; Yoona just wished she'd know what Seohyun's problem is.

 At class, Seohyun remained outstanding but Yoona was still worried about Seohyun but the girl doesn’t seem to give any clues or hints.

Lunch time,

 "Yuri-ssi, where's Sica? Can you call her, I need to talk to her.." Taeyeon came over to the 2-A classroom, Yuri had just came out of their classroom. She looked at Taeyeon with an arched eye brow. "What do you want with MY Sica?" Yuri stressed the word 'my'.

 "Y-Yuri-ssi.." Taeyeon was silenced of Yuri's silly jealous play.

 "Aww.." Yuri said as a notebook was hit on her head.

 "She just need my monthly fund report. Moron.." Jessica said. She gave Taeyeon the notebook she hit Yuri with. "Here.. Moron no. 2" Jessica told Taeyeon. She then turned around and grabbed Yuri. "Tiffany's waiting for you, finish your work fast." Jessica said to Taeyeon while dragging Yuri who's still rubbing her head.

 "A-ahh! Yuri, Sica, if you guys happen to see Joohyun tell her I need her reports too!" Taeyeon told the two before they parted.

 Walking on the hallway Jessica and Yuri came across Seohyun sitting on a bench underneath a tree. Yuri called on Seohyun but the girl didnt seem to respond. They decided to approach her.

 "Joohyun-ssi!" Yuri waved.

 "U-unnie.." Seohyun answered. "Where's Yoona?" Yuri quickly asked.

 "She left me." Seohyun acted lonely, looking down.

 "Wh-what?!" Yuri exclaimed. Jessica became alarmed as well. "W-why? That Yoona!" Jessica stressed.

 Seohyun cannot take the pressure of laughing, she laughed. "J-just kidding unnies, she just bought lunch." Seohyun continued to laugh while Yuri and Jessica looked at each other dumbfounded.

 "No way Yoong will leave you.." Yuri tapped Seohyun's shoulder the one that hurts. Seohyun quickly reacted and swayed Yuri's hand away. "Anyways.. We came here cause Taey-... Dork.." Jessica was stopped to talk more when she saw Seohyun's shoulder stained with some blood. Seohyun tried to hide it with her hand but Jessica saw it. "Joohyun.. What's wrong?" Jessica asked.

 Seohyun stood up and turned around on Yuri and Jessica. "I need to pass my reports.. Please tell Yoona." Seohyun walked away but Yuri stopped her holding the wrong hand. "Ooww.." Seohyun said in pain.

 "Go to the clinic." Yuri and Jessica said the same time.

 Seohyun had no choice but to obey, the bleeding was not stopping. Yuri waited for Yoona while Jessica escorted Seohyun to the clinic.

 "What happen to that?" Jessica asked Seohyun after the nurse had bandaged her wound. "Just some burns.." Seohyun said. "Burns dont bleed that much." Jessica argued. The nurse just looked at them, seemed Seohyun doesn’t want to tell anyone.

 "If you dont want to tell me it’s ok, but Yoona will come running here and be worried, needing answers.. Atleast tell her." Jessica suggested. Seohyun just smiled.

 Yoona came running after a short minute as Jessica expected. "Seohyun! What happen?! Are you ok?!" Yoona exclaimed not bothering that Jessica and the school nurse was there.

 "I'm ok Yoong.. Dont worry." Seohyun smiled. Yuri entered the room panting and catching her breath. "Geez Yoong.. You run fast when Seohyun is involved.." collecting herself she approached Jessica.

 "Are you sure? What happen to that shoulder? You told me it just aches now it bleeds.. Seohyun?" Yoona asked she almost lost her heart running but Seohyun still fought not to tell. "It’s nothing, I'm fine now." Seohyun made a forced smile but Yoona was still not convinced.

 "Tell her Seohyun.." Yuri talked out of the blue.

 "Yoona will accept it. She loves you, Joohyun.." Yuri added. Seohyun walked out of the clinic, leaving Yoona with Yuri and Jessica. "S-Seo!"

 Before chasing Seohyun, Yoona looked back at Yuri. "Yul.. You know something?"

"I don’t know if what I'm thinking is correct but it seemed so. You should ask her first though.." Yuri apologized; Seohyun told Yuri a secret about herself, and Seohyun highlighted Yuri not to tell Yoona. Hearing no answers from Yuri, Yoona chased Seohyun.

 Afterwards Yuri and Jessica left the clinic as well.

 "What is this secret that you and Joohyun only knew?" Jessica arched her eye brow, glaring at Yuri. "It’s about her mother, don't get jealous too easily.." Yuri smiled and held Jessica's hand softly. "I just happen to be the person willing to listen that time.. Her mom is crazy, trying to.. Kill her or something.." Yuri explained to Jessica.

 "So that wound must have been done by her mother?" Jessica concluded. Yuri nod in agreement. "But Joohyun herself must confirm it.. I just don't understand why she does not want to tell Yoong.." Yuri said, Jessica noticed Yuri's annoyed face. "Chill. Joohyun has her reasons, maybe she was scared to lose Yoona if Yoona did know." Jessica leaned her head on Yuri's shoulder.

 "Aiish, my cousin loves her madly and obssesed-like, she could have trusted that." Yuri still argued.

 "Just shut up Kwon Yuri, and love me instead." Jessica tapped Yuri's back. "Sorry baby.. I love you dont worry!" Yuri said wrapping an arm on Jessica's waist. She leaned near on Jessica's ear.

 "You owe me one kiss Sica-baby.."

 ***

Chapter 62- Seeking Secrets P2

"Tae-Tae, aren’t you done yet?" A red haired girl flushed her boredom, waiting fo Taeyeon who's busy at the faculty office. She saw a familiar someone pass by, Sunny who's probably heading by the faculty as well.

 "Tiffany-ssi, are you waiting for Taeyeon? Please do take a seat." Sunny eyed Tiffany and gave her a small seat but Tiffany shook to say no. "It’s ok unnie, will it take longer? The meeting I mean." Tiffany asked Sunny.

 "A bit, you should go and eat." Sunny sadly said. The student council was having a brief meeting with teachers inside the faculty, Sunny came out for a while to take papers from their council room. "I should get back now.." Sunny bid Tiffany goodbye and entered the room.

 "No! Se-Seohyun! Look at y-y.." Tiffany heard noises coming from the stairs. Hearing Joohyun's nickname Seohyun she quickly took a peek. She found Yoona pulling Seohyun, but it seemed Seohyun wanted to get up stairs. "No Yoona! Let go! The meeting is important!"

 "At least get proper examinations and treatments on that wound first, please!"

 The two argued but Seohyun got loose sooner, she ran up stairs. Yoona followed her of course. Tiffany tried to say hi to Seohyun but she ignored and entered the room. "Aaaiish! S-Seohhyun.." Yoona held back her fist from slamming the locked faculty door. She kicked the floor to belt anger at Seohyun's stubborness. Yoona soon noticed Tiffany starring at her quite surprised.

 "U-unnie.."

 "What happen?"

 Yoona went beside Tiffany and she leaned on the wall, frustrated. "Seohyun.. She's hiding things from me.."

 "And it connects to her getting inside the faculty room?" Tiffany giggled in her gossip girl attitude. She didn’t want to butt-in their problem but she just did. "Seohyun has a large wound on her shoulder.. I just want her to get it to a hospital first." Yoona replied.

 "The school clinic is ok, Yoong." Tiffany suggested but Yoona just rubbed her neck. "I just want to be sure.."

Tiffany tapped Yoona's arm. "You worry too much, she'll be ok. After school you guys can go to a hospital." Tiffany smiled and suggested.

 "I guess so.. Why am I over-reacting?" Yoona frowned and asked herself. Tiffany never minded the question and took a seat at the seat Sunny offered earlier. Yoona just stood silent and still looking sad. Yoona realized she became quite jealous, Yuri knows something about Seohyun while she doesn't. She mentally fought jealousy, making herself exert more faith to Seohyun.

 After a while, the faculty door opened. Sooyoung came out. "Why is this locked?" Sooyoung questioned. She waved at Tiffany and Yoona. Then teachers and council members started coming out of the room.

 "Tae.. I'm so hungry.." Tiffany told Taeyeon who came out. "S-Sorry Ppani-ah, let's eat now ok?" Taeyeon smiled to Tiffany. Sooyoung approached them. "I'll come with you two!" She looked at Yoona. "You coming, shikshin buddy?" Yoona didn’t reply though, the girl was busy looking at the room for Seohyun.

 "Just.. Catch up ok Yoona?" Sooyoung said but Tiffany pushed Taeyeon and Sooyoung near Yoona. "Let's wait ok?" Tiffany said.

 "I thought you said you were hungry?" Taeyeon asked Tiffany and the red head just laughed. Sooyoung went inside the faculty room again. "Yah! Sunny-ah, Joohyun-ah! Let's go and eat." Sooyoung called on the two, and the two did walk out.

 "Seohyun.." Yoona quickly gazed up to Seohyun, she approached the younger girl. "You ok?" Yoona asked and Seohyun nod as a reply.

 "Yoona's always worriying about Seohyun.." Sunny said in awe thinking Yoona's so sweet. "No.. She's crazy in love." Sooyoung added. Yoona just smiled weak.

 They all went to grab some lunch.

______________________________________________________________________________

 At the 1-A class, afternoon classes,

 "There were petals everywhere; the ground was covered with pink. It almost seemed so dramatic that I cried forever."

 Seohyun diliberated the text in english very well. The English teacher was proud of Seohyun. Yoona smiled, happy that Seohyun is so outstanding in their class.

 "Ms. Im? Since your smiling like an idiot, would you happily read the next context?" The English teacher eyed Yoona. Yoona stood up and flipped the next page. Yoona was not great in english but she felt confident, she can read anyways.

 "Touch, sensing. Feelings were conveyed and untold. Sad, melancholic and lonely. Feelings were hidden and unfound. Did thy obscure thee?" Yoona read the context quite good and the teacher was impressed. "Good, Ms. Im. You did came from the US." The teacher clapped. The students made noises, questioning Yoona about US.

 "Silence children. Tell me Yoona-ssi, why study here? Financial problems?" The teacher silenced the class but he himself was interviewing Yoona. "Probably sir." A male student in front replied the teacher just said 'sssh' to the boy.

 "Uhg.. No sir." Yoona replied, before adding more she looked at Seohyun for help.

 "Then what's your reason Yoona-ssi?" The teacher added. Seohyun shook her head, signaling Yoona not to give her as a reason. But Yoona didnt quite get it.

 "Because of Seo Joohyun.." Yoona said still looking at Seohyun, Seohyun face palmed. The whole class looked at Seohyun. "Oooh.. Joohyun-ssi? Is she your friend here in Korea?" Asked the teacher.

 "Y-yes.. And ugh.. She's my main reason why I wanted to study here. I wanna be near her.." The class made noises at Yoona's answer. Seohyun just buried herself in her desk, feeling so shy at the moment.

 "Seohyun..? Are you ok?" Yoona mistook Seohyun's action that she asked. "Joohyun-ssi? Are you ok? Did Yoona's sweetness overloaded you?" The teacher joked the whole class also turned their attention to Seohyun.

Seohyun shook her head, not exposing her reddish face to anyone.

 "Uhm Fine, sir!" Seohyun said still hiding.

______________________________________________________________________________

 After classes, 2-A classroom.

 "Sica.. Let’s eat dinner together." Yuri hugged Jessica from the back, the brunette was busy fixing her bag so she didn’t bother pushing Yuri away.

 "Tsk tsk! PDA much? Jessi? Yul?!" Tiffany playfully scolded the two. Hearing so, Jessica quickly pushed Yuri away. "Ehem. School premises.." Hyoyeon teased Yuri and Jessica as well. Jessica lighly slapped Yuri's arm at the action. "Owww Sica!" Yuri pretended it hurt and cutely pouted. Jessica just dragged Yuri.

 "We'll go on ahead ok Hyo, Fany?" Jessica bid goodbye to her friends and so did Yuri. As they exited the room, Hyoyeon chuckled at their cute cat fights. "Yuri and Jessica are back to normal. I’m thinking you and Taeyeon should be too.." Hyoyeon smirked at Tiffany, the red head smiled.

"I guess.. Sooner.."

______________________________________________________________________________

 Walking home, Seohyun was not talking to Yoona. She became a bit upset about how Yoona reasoned her on why she transfered to SooMan high. Her classmates teased her to Yoona, which Seohyun was not used to.

 "Seohyun.. About earlier.." Yoona spoke.

 "You could have made up another reason.." Seohyun anwered facing Yoona with a pouting, upset face. "Why would I? I was telling the truth. You were my reason.." Yoona didn’t get what Seohyun had felt.

 "You could have lied.."

 "No."

 "I wanted it.. Quiet.. Our relationship."

 "Are you ashamed? Of me?" Yoona asked, and quickly her face sadden. "N-no! That’s not what I mean.. I just.." Seohyun could not explain to Yoona very well, something her mind could not solve. "Im not ashamed Yoona, it was sweet in fact. But.. I never thought you'll tell it like that.. I was.. Surprised." Seohyun held Yoona's hand hoping their misunderstanding was clearing up.

 "Ok.. Now.. Tell me.. What really happen to your shoulder?" Yoona smiled and brushed Seohyun's hand with hers.

 "It’s a burn.." Seohyun answered.

 "But how? Cooking? How did it get burned?" Yoona questioned Seohyun. "It’s a burn.. period." Seohyun explained. "You’re lying.. Tell me the truth Seohyun.." Yoona knows Seohyun was not telling the truth, it was clear on how Seohyun avoids eye contacts with her.

 "Please Seohyun.. You told Yuri.. What makes me different?" Yoona sadly said. Seohyun looked at Yoona.

 "D-did unnie tell y-you?"

 "No.. But you can tell me.. I'm more than willing to listen.. To help." Yoona took Seohyun's hands to hers.

 "No.. I'm scared.." Seohyun crashed herself to Yoona's shoulders. "I dont wanna to lose you.." Seohyun said, hugging Yoona tight.

 "You won’t Seohyun.. You'll never." Yoona caressed Seohyun's hair. Seohyun broke the hug and wiped her tears, she continued walking and Yoona followed her.

 "I'm different.."

 Seohyun said as they continued on walking.

 ***

Chapter 61 - Seeking Secrets Part 3

 "Different? Just tell me.. I'll listen.." Yoona continued to tail Seohyun. "You won’t leave me.." Seohyun stopped.

 "Promise, Yoona."

 "Promise."

 Seohyun took Yoona's hand and continued walking. They remained the same until they reached a Seohyun's home. Seohyun opened their gate and pulled Yoona inside. The house was dark and dim, it seems no one was living there. Inside the house, Seohyun opened the lights and everything was a mess. The kitchen, the living room, the wallpapers were all in chaos. Seohyun took a small chair and gave it to Yoona. "Sit.." Seohyun said and Yoona did so. "I'll get something to drink.." Seohyun left Yoona for the kitchen. Yoona looked around, papers and clothes were scattered all over the floor. The scent of the room was covered with alcohol and ciggarette.

 "I'm sorry.. But this is my life.." Seohyun came back with a glass of juice, she gave it too Yoona and Yoona smiled to her. "My mother will be home soon." Seohyun smiled back at Yoona. "I'll introduce you to her, Yoong."

 "Sure. I'll help you clean up this place.." Yoona took Seohyun's hand but Seohyun shook her head. "No.. It will only be messy after she comes home." Seohyun sat on the floor. "My mom works at a club.." Seohyun revealed.

 "And? What's wrong with that?" Yoona contradicted.

 "She's a stripper." Seohyun looked down. "I got this wound because we had a fight last night.."

 "I was always worried about her health, she's always drinking, smoking, going home late and bringing home men.." Seohyun continued. Yoona got of her seat and joined Seohyun on the floor. "She.. Accidentally slashed my shoulder with a knife.. She said she hates me. I am of no use.." Seohyun's tears began to fall.

 "I didn’t want to tell you about me because I was afraid that you'll be disgusted of who I am." Seohyun faced Yoona with tears falling of no end. "My family is a wreck.. I am nothing compared to people as fortunate as you.. I can't even take care of my mother well.. I am nothing but a dirty unfortunate girl." Seohyun cried but Yoona wrapped her arms around the girl. "It’s not true.. I told you. I love you therefore I'll accept who you are.."

 The door knob suddenly turned, Seohyun became alarmed. She quickly stood up. "Yoona.." She looked down to Yoona, smiling. Yoona stood up as well, holding Seohyun's hand.

 Seohyun's mother had cigar on her fingers; a man in a black suit carried her. It seems she was slightly drunk, but seeing Seohyun with a visitor she quickly changed in mood. "W-what do we have here?" She said eyeing Yoona. The woman approached Yoona and left the man on their doorstep. "H-hey? I thought its jus-!" Seohyun's mother ignored whatever the man said and slammed the door. The man knocked on their door. "What the f-?!"

 "Go home! I have a visitor!" Seohyun's mother shouted and locked their door. Afterwards she faced Yoona and Seohyun. "Where was I.. Oh you.. Who might you be?" The woman walked and smoked her cigar. Her make-up and hair was as messy as the house was. "Hyun's classmate e?" She took a seat by the staircase. Seohyun dragged Yoona near to her mother. "She's Yoona Im, umma." Seohyun introduced and Yoona took a bow. "She's also my girlfriend." Seohyun held Yoona's hand tight. The woman gave stern looks to Yoona, up from her head and down to her toes. She stood up and faced Yoona.

 "You fell in-love with this kid?" Pointing at Seohyun. "She's useless and a bad luck, go and play with other kids not Hyun.." She lightly pushed Yoona but Yoona stood strong. "She's not ma’am. I love her." With the words 'I love her', Seohyun's mother laughed. "What does a skinny kid like you know about love?" She poked Yoona's shoulder again and again. "You rely on your parents for money, you'll only use Hyun for your puppy love games. Just go home and play with dollies or computer.." The woman turned Yoona to the door and pushed her but Yoona's hand was interlocked with Seohyun.

 "Hyun you are not playing with her, understand?" The woman gave Seohyun large threatening eyes. "I am not playing umma." Seohyun justified. The woman turned to Seohyun. She held Seohyun's wrist and threw it downwards like a piece of waste. "I am your mother and some teenager won't get you! She'll use you for play times and give you nothing afterwards! Love? What is Money to Love?! Huh?!" Seohyun's mother was suppose to slap Seohyun but Yoona stopped the woman.

 "Get out of my house! I told you, you are not getting my daughter!" Seohyun's mother pushed Yoona again but this time it got Yoona on her knees. Yoona's cell phone and wallet fell out of her pocket.

 "Your father seems more of a suitable person for Hyun than you. He’s the one who provides you those anyways.." Seohyun's mother picked up the wallet. "You have some loaf of cash here.." The woman smirked. Yoona stood up and hid Seohyun behind her. Seohyun's mother slapped Yoona on the face. "You're stinking' rich are you? Soft delicate skin and wallet flowing with heavy cash.." The woman slapped Yoona on the other cheek. Yoona just gave the woman a glare. Seohyun was trying to get in front but Yoona was gripping her. "Hyun is better off with old men with loads of cash. That way they'll give my money fast and sure.." The woman laughed.

 "That's your concern?.. Seohyun's better off with.. Those kinds of people? You're her mother but you'd rather sell her?" Yoona spoke, she tried to contain most of her anger for the past minutes but the woman was clearly putting her temper to the test. "And you call yourself a mother?"

 "You little-!" Seohyun's mother got angry at Yoona and slammed Yoona with a lamp shade. Yoona guarded with her arms but the woman slammed her again and again.

 "Umma stop! Stop it!" Seohyun was trying to butt-in but Yoona was still stopping her. Yoona doesnt want Seohyun to get hurt anymore. "You disrepectful kid!" The woman pushed Yoona with Seohyun. Yoona hugged Seohyun. "Seohyun looks out for you dearly and you never realized that?! I'll take Seohyun with me!" Yoona said and Seohyun could only tear up from all the tension. "She loves you so much.." Yoona added. Seohyun supported Yoona's weight because Yoona was losing her balance. "Shut up. You dont know what my family had been through.." The woman defended.

 "I may not know. But I won’t let Seohyun be hurt.." Yoona walked dizzy but she was dragging Seohyun with her outside. The woman faced the other way, letting the two go. Before exiting, Seohyun still looked back to her mother, standing quiet.

 "Umma..."

 "Seo.. Let’s just go.. " Yoona wrapped her right arm to Seohyun because her direction was failing her. Her head took some hits from the lamp shade and it made her dizzy.

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

27.9K 402 7
18.4K 208 6