Predator

Bởi Sophiep1995

[Book Two, Sequel to Prey] Jessica is now part of Shield, All of them have something in common, a burning hat... Xem Thêm

Part 1
Part 2
Part 3
Part 5
Part 6
Part 7
Part 8
Part 9
Part 10
Part 11
Part 12
Part 13
Part 14
Part 15

Part 4

679 31 0
Bởi Sophiep1995

I needed some tablets to take away the migraine I had from talking to Lance. After I told him that I was going to be bait he wouldn't let me talk after that. The most popular word in his vocabulary was no, I heard that repeatedly. I swear, if he had his way I'd be in a padded cell covered in bubble wrap. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate how he's protective of me but sometimes it's too much especially when we need something Hydra has taken.

I told him repeatedly that my mind was set and that this was the only chance we had but he didn't listen. He told me it would be too risky and that Ward would be on standby, but so would Shield.

I think I got Coulson into trouble for letting me do this but he seemed to put Lance in his place. He seemed to quieten down after that, only by a little bit.

"It's like you want to be taken again" He finally spoke up making everyone groan again.

"Don't be stupid, Lance. Of course I don't want to be taken but if we don't act now then they'll have the upper hand. They'll be stronger which puts us all in even more danger" I tried explaining but he shook his head at me like I was talking rubbish. Bobbi placed a hand on him, whispering something into his ear which made him angry. 

"So, let's go over the plan" Coulson stepped forwards and everyone remained quiet, "Jess is going to into the house where he has been lurking, hopefully Hydra will be watching us, watching her walk in alone. I want Hunter, Bobbi and Daisy to be close behind so if anything goes wrong you can run in. Jess, you're going to speak to him, explain to him why he needs to join Shield, do you know why?" I nodded slowly and he smiled. "If things go south, I'm sure Hunter will be in there dragging you out"

"You're damn right about that" He said, clicking his gun. "After this is over, you're grounded" He pointed at me and I rolled my eyes. 

"You've always been so dramatic" I half smiled until my eyes widened and I looked at Coulson who seemed to know what I wanted.

"No" He answered plainly, "You're not having your gun on this mission. You have the team as your back up" I went to argue but he shook his head making me remain quiet. Will I ever get my gun back? I didn't even do anything wrong! "Right, let's get moving" He ordered and we all started walking off. I made sure I had my gas mask with me incase the fog tried to get me again, I really didn't want to experience that bad trip again. 

I got in the car with May and waited for her to drive as I saw the others driving off. I looked at her confused before I heard the back door open and what appears to be arguing going on as two people got in the back.

"Sorry" I looked behind to see Jemma giving us an apologetic smile. I'm glad she's back, ever since she's been back it's like Fitz has a light in his eyes, a glimmer of love and hope. She made him happy, complete. I envied them even if they did argue.

"Let's move" May sped off making me jerk back into my seat. I could hear Jemma and Fitz whispering in the back before Jemma made an excited squeal.

"Oh I can't wait to see this inhuman in person! It's so fascinating that the chemical reactions interact with the fog-"

"We know what it does, we need to stop it" May cut her off and the excitement in her face and voice disappeared. May wasn't the chatty one, or the smiley one for that matter. 

"So, do we know why it affects people differently?" I asked and they both looked at each other before smiling slightly, they reminded me of kids.

"Well, we think that-"

"Depending on your mood, current situation, stress levels, everything that impacts you and your hormones contributes to the effects the fog has on you. The fog is just simply a recreational drug which only lasts roughly ten minutes and thirty seconds, that's the longest" I stared at her, dumbfounded by her knowledge. Why didn't she speak simple to me? 

"Right" I whispered, turning back to face the front. I took a sneaky glance at May who seemed focusing on the road but slightly smiling. Was she smiling at me or Jemma?

"I was thinking, if things turn south and he turns into the fog...We could use a suction machine on him" Fitz whispered and I heard Jemma sigh. "Like what the ghostbusters use on ghosts!"

"Fitz, no" I chuckled slightly and looked out the window. It was going to be a long drive but with them two at the back muttering away and arguing like an old couple, I'd survive. 

*******

May finally pulled the car over and stopped, she turned to me and nodded slightly...Finally making Jemma and Fitz be quiet. 

"This is your drop of point. Make sure you have your gas mask with you and if there's any chance of the inhuman hurting you, we'll be there to stop it" I smiled slightly, she seemed like she actually cared about me.

"I'll see you on the other side!" I waved and jumped out the car as she sped off again. I started walking forwards towards the house in the distance. There was just a dirt track leading up to it, it seemed like no one had been looking after the house. It looked like something from a horror movie and I was still quite far away, great.

I picked my speed up and kept an eye on my whereabouts just incase Hydra were hiding in the bushes, ready to pounce on me. I really wish I had my gun, I'd feel so much safer.  I wouldn't mind any weapon at all really, I didn't like relying on my fists. I was strong but not that bloody strong.

I looked at the house again and I saw the inhuman standing at the doorway. He waved slightly at me, keeping a blank face whilst his hand slowly turned to fog. It was a warning, he wanted me to turn back but I couldn't. I had to face him, convince him that Shield's the good guys. He had to join us so we could help him!

As I got closer he walked into the house and I followed, keeping one hand on my gas mask. The house was dark inside, had a horrible damp smell to it as well.

"You shouldn't have come here, Jessica" I heard his voice echo around the house and sighed. This was creepy, really creepy. He knew my name! He was playing mind games with me! He could turn into that bloody fog in seconds!

I walked into the huge living room where he stood the other end. 

"We need to talk" I whispered, looking around. It was just me and him, well, from what I could see. "We know that Hydra took you and I'm not sure what they've told you but it's a big mistake"

"I know" He whispered, walking slightly closer to me. "I'm quite flattered, really. I mean, you both want me and I get to choose!" He let out a huge laugh making me jump. "You're scared?"

"I just want what's best for you" I whispered making him look at me confused.

"Why would you? Why would you care?"

"Well, reason number one is because you still have a heart, you're confused and these powers are a gift to you but if you can't control them you can hurt so many people!" I looked at him sadly but he gave nothing away.

"What's the other reason?"

"I get a promotion" I tried joking with him which did work for a split second since he flashed me a small smile. 

Then suddenly his body was gone and the fog made it's way towards me with such speed I barely got my gas mask out and put it on. I held it to my face, not able to put the strap around me as the fog was hovering in front of my face.

"Not today, buddy" I smiled slightly until he started laughing. Was that even possible? I mean, he was literally a gas floating in thin air and yet he was able to laugh? 

"I'm not airborne" The fog quickly swooped forwards, covering my body, I felt the air touch my hand and neck as I dropped the gas mask. I stood there, looking around paralyzed again. I tried not to panic yet I knew what was going to happen. I was going to have a bad trip again, Shield was going to come in thinking it was airborne and then get hit by it, they'd all die.

I took deep breaths, trying to remain calm and the room suddenly got brighter. I looked around confused as I saw butterflies flying around the room.

"Jess!" I could hear someone shout me but I couldn't help but smile. I stepped forwards, trying to touch the butterflies but they flew away. 

"The monkey!" I heard a deep distorted scottish accent shout whilst crying with happiness which only made me burst into hysterics. This was amazing, this was beautiful!

I kept following the butterflies into another room until a door opened, catching my eye with the brightness radiating from it. I smiled softly as a man stepped in, looking at me smiling. It was my dad, he didn't die! My dad was here! Maybe he survived somehow and no one told me!

The feeling I felt, the happiness that I felt wanted to explode out of me. My dad stood there gesturing me to come over to him and I gladly did so.

"I missed you so much. I thought I lost you forever" I whispered walking up to him and hugging him tight. His arms wrapped round me as I embraced him. "I love you" I whispered, tearing up but for once it was because I was so happy. I actually cried happy tears! 

My dad scooped me up slowly and started carrying me outside. I couldn't wait to go home to him and mum, I bet mums at home worried sick! Lance could come with us and we'd finally be a happy family again.

The light seemed to die down slowly and my muscles began to ache. I blinked rapidly, looking around to see that I was outside but yet I was still moving. I was still being carried away and when I looked up I froze.

Gunshots were being fired from all directions in the house but I couldn't take my eyes away from the man who was carrying me. He smiled softly at me until we approached a car and he laid me down in the back.

"Ward" I whispered weakly as he shut the door and got in the driver's seat, making a quick getaway.  

"I told you I'd come back for you" He whispered as I lay in the back, lifeless. I had two options, I could stay away and listen to him whilst I'm unable to move or I could close my eyes and drift back into the darkness which I feared. So I closed my eyes and drifted into darkness even though I knew that when I woke up, It'd be standing in front of me disguised as a man. 

Đọc tiếp

Bạn Cũng Sẽ Thích

106K 2.8K 30
[ B o o k 2 ] ❝ Promise me you will stand by me, not matter how hard the situation that we are in is. ❞ He said to me. ❝Always. ❞ I told him...
15.2K 396 22
This is a heartwarming story about skyeward and what they would do to save each other, will ward ever admit his feelings for skye or will it be to la...
155K 8K 28
*Book Two in the "Deal Maker" series* Joanna definitely hasn't and doesn't have the perfect life. After being clean and sober for over a year, being...
11.2K 254 11
Princess Skye has been raised to hate pirates. But what happens when she finds out a secret about her past when she is kidnapped by the most ruthless...