The Master Finale | manxman |...

Par JosslynWho

Book Four of The Master Collection Master Jasper has been with his wife Darcy for a decade now, and although... Plus

Welcome to 'The Master Finale'
Prologue
I - Renewed Conflict
II - Not Yet Rosebuds
III - The Aspirations of a Chaotic Mind
IV - Whispers in the Night
V - Bloody Demands
VI - Love Again, my Love
VII - For the First Time
VIII - Never Let Me Go
IX - Shameless
X - The Man Named Broderick Thorne
XI - Remember This Face
XII - Rosebuds
XIII - From One to Another
XIV - Broadening the Family
XV - Namesake
XVI - The Will of a Father
XVII - Heart of my Heart
XVIII - No More Fears, No More Tears
XIX - It All Comes Back Around
XX - Mad Love
XXI - Roses
MASTER COLLECTION NEWS!

Epilogue

6.4K 398 120
Par JosslynWho

Three Months Later

Darcy kept checking out the window of the dayroom every so often, and she knew exactly what she was waiting for. Currently she was walking about trying to lull little Jasper to sleep, Jade held and played with by young Ava who was the only other person with her at the moment. Juliette, she was overseeing the kitchen staff to see when dinner would be ready, and her husband and Broderick, she thought perhaps they were together, as usual, in the library or study or bedroom. One of the three.

But she stayed vigilant downstairs.

Ever since that time three months back when Broderick returned after a near death sentence, she'd noticed her husband and his lover seemed to spend every waking moment together. From dawn till dusk, Jasper and Broderick were at one another's side, far more attentive to that binding of love that stitched them so closely together, it made her a happy wife to finally see that Jasper was no longer the lonely, forsaken man he'd been just a year ago. Now he had the core of another wonderful human being to incline the proportion of bliss inside of him, and she knew the Master's constant, beautiful love did the same for Broderick.

They made each other's lives easier to bear, whether they realized it or not while hidden away in their own piece of paradise.

Looking down upon her son when a chuckle sounded from him, Darcy smiled at the baby in her maternal arms. When she glanced behind her to see how Eloise and Ava were doing, her eyes moved up towards the window again, and she gasped upon seeing a coach approaching the manor. "They're here!" she exclaimed, causing her son to fuss, but the baby didn't cry.

Excited as she was, Darcy placed little Jasper down on a spot of blankets and hurried from the room before Ava could even think to ask who it was she was talking about. Nearly crashing into Juliette, Darcy spun around her and took her lover's hand. "They're here," she let be known, pulling her lover along to the stairwell.

Servers who were preparing the manor for guests and for dinner, they watched with amused smiles as the Lady of the manor bustled up the stairs, dragging Juliette behind her as she climbed them to the second floor. "Slow down, Darcy," Juliette suggested, but the Lady kept up her speed.

"Jasper!" she called out, heading for the library to see if he was there, "Jasper, dear!"

When she and Juliette turned into the archway of the library, Jasper was inside with Broderick, and they were seated together on a sofa arrangement. "Why are you so frantic?" the Master questioned. "You'll collapse if you don't calm down."

"They're here," Darcy tried to calm herself, but her excitement still got the better of her. "Come down stairs. Hurry up, now."

Looking toward Broderick beside him, Jasper smiled and stood from the sofa, setting the book in his hands down and kindly nodded for his lover to follow. Together, the four of them made their way down to the first level, where upon entering the foyer, Alexander opened the front doors to allow entry to the blonde and black-haired boys they had not seen since their last stay within the manor walls.

"Oliver, darling!" Darcy was the first to dash for them, adoring the sight of her favorite guests. "Quincy, dear, oh I do hope your travels were not so rough." She embraced them together, and the two nineteen-year-olds smiled and received her. "Coming from France and all, it must be such a journey for the two of you."

When they were released, Oliver couldn't help himself from smiling as the Lady stepped back to admire them. Oliver was dressed in maroon trousers, he also wore a black buttoned shirt with white flowery designs, and shined dress shoes, his blond hair tied back at the nape of his neck. And Quinn, he wielded less color with his all black outfit, but it complimented his handsomeness, and the river of silk hair he had was down to his shoulders.

"It was a journey worth the travel," Quinn said, "Although we are a bit—." He stopped when he glanced past Darcy and spied his old friend Timothy, and the way Jasper held onto the other man's sleeve told all he needed to know. "Timothy, what have we here?"

Broderick smiled, "Watch yourself, boy."

"Ah, and there he is," Quinn shrugged, "Such boldness. Master Jasper, I do hope you know how to tame such a beastly man."

"Quincy," Oliver nudged the teenager, "Give him a break."

"I only jest," Quinn smiled and he stepped by Darcy, slapping a hand upon the older man's shoulder. "Though, I will say this. Very impressive, Timothy, very, very impressive."

Jasper shook his head with a laugh and turned for the dining hall, "You can continue your jokes at the table," he said, "I believe dinner is ready."

Giving Juliette and Darcy kind nods, Oliver stepped around them to catch up with the Master. He strolled alongside him down the corridor, and said, "When we received your letter to attend a dinner here, I couldn't wait to get a move on the road. Though, contrary to my previous belief, it is so nice to see a smile on your face, Master Jasper."

"Just call me Jasper," he said to the boy. "And, please, Darcy and I couldn't have imagined never seeing either of you again. You were a pleasant stay before, and you and Quincy are always welcomed to come back. This place has opened up a lot more since your departure, and while my intentions before may have been unfavorable," he looked off in front of him as Broderick entered the dining hall beside Quincy. "If you both had not come; I would not have met the man who sewed the last seams of my heart back together."

Oliver nodded, "That's beautiful, Jasper. I am glad you are happy."

"There is something Broderick and I would like to request from you," Jasper said then, "If you and Quincy would not mind remaining in the area for a time."

"Of course," Oliver obliged immediately.

With that, Jasper called to Broderick and together the three took a quick detour to Jasper's office at the end of the main hall. When they were inside, Oliver waited patiently beside Broderick as the Master received two pieces of parchment from his desk. Once before Oliver, Jasper turned the first paper over and their vision fell onto the breath-taking sketch of a young boy from years back. His face was an exact replica of how he'd looked when young, forever to be remembered as he'd been in that time. His nose was slim, lips full, hair full of loose twists, and his light eyes almost appeared to shine. The innocence that'd lived true within his being manifested on its own, and the beautiful structure of every curve that made up his design was delicate in the most flowery and elegant fashion.

He was more than perfect.

He was Neville.

"If you would not mind it," Broderick spoke for himself, "I would be most grateful if you could do for him as you have done for Elijah. I would give the world to look upon him again, even if only in this form as I will always remember."

So very glad that these men could trust in him, found use in his skill to mend the troubles that once haunted their minds. Oliver nodded, happy to offer even just a morsel of peace if he could. "Absolutely," he said, "I will do my absolute best."

Broderick shifted his eyes from Oliver and back to the image that continued to fill a large portion of his heart even still. "Thank you," he said, "I feel I have been able to build myself back up from such a time, but having at least this will alleviate my heart just a bit more."

"I understand," Oliver smiled, "I will get started whenever you like."

Thankful for the sweetness that resided in the boy named Oliver Dollins, Jasper smiled as well and guided them all back to the dining hall.

Once everyone took their placements at the dining table; Darcy across from Juliette, Jasper across from Broderick, and Oliver across from Quincy, last and most definitely not least, young Ava Goode hurried into the dining hall as Wade hurried her along to sit down for dinner, and when the babies were taken together by the nursemaid and Alexander passed the doorway, Oliver and Quinn blinked in total confusion.

They shared a look, "It seems a lot has happened in a year?" Quinn said, "Babies, and—," his throat caught when he perfectly recognized the features of the little girl who took a seat beside Juliette. Oliver recognized her as well for having put together a portrait which required him to study such a familiar countenance. "You are Elijah's sister?"

The little girl looked from Jasper to the boys and then nodded. "I live here with Jasper now, just until my father is released from prison."

Oliver nodded, and a minute later the portions of dinner were brought into the room. As everyone ate to their heart's content, Jasper couldn't help himself from looking up to admire the scene before him.

Each person in the room had played such significant roles in his life. The Lady Darcy and Juliette were his closest, dearest friends, Oliver and Quinn had introduced such beauty to him, and Ava made it so there was something he could still do for his long lost lover, and Broderick, who sat across from him, tall, handsome, confident and devoted all the same, he was that beauty that came along just when he needed it most, and not a single moment went by when he could not see the authenticity of the love they had for one another.

These people, these wonderful people sat at his dining table, his children that would grow under his watchful eye, and even the loyalty of the servants that called him Master, they were all pieces of his life story, one that had an ending page, and while the tales of such had been harsh at times and caused pain along the way, it was also a story filled with ageless beauty, and he was certain that once that final chapter came along, he would be ready to bid such a tale farewell.

Until then, Jasper Lancechester would appreciate all he had right here in this very moment, cherish the moments and memories like coveted treasure, because there was a love waiting for him on the other side, but he would be patient for that time to come around.

With everything he had now, by no means was he in a rush to say goodbye to it all.

Someday, he knew.

But not today.

The End.

Continuer la Lecture

Vous Aimerez Aussi

232K 8.7K 7
His Cowboy Temptation [ManxMan] When Maximilian Sterling returns to his family ranch after eight years of absence he can't wait to get back to the ci...
274K 11.5K 53
ROMANCE *Jasper continues to watch the man play around on his own in the river. Splashing thin air and washing himself of his dirt and blood stained...
248K 10.5K 27
Zade is the last of his friends to be single. He's tried, and failed, for six years to find the right Dom. Zade is ready to give up and accept his fa...
19.8K 394 29
Ethan just got a new apartment, escaping his wretched, homophobic parents but another problem arose. His boss, Christopher, was tall, fit, and way to...