They Call Me Lunatic

By self-absorbed

Highest ranking: #23 in Werewolf "I LOVE IT." -@lottiee_x "This story is so unbelievably amazing!" -@November... More

Prologue
Chapter One: Almighty Tree Whisperer
Chapter Two: Wolf-Thingy
Chapter Three: Fatten Me Now, Eat Me Later
Chapter Four: Blonde-Ultimate Fighter-Wolf-Chick
Chapter Five: Wolfy Has No Chill
Chapter Six: You Like It Rough?
Chapter Seven: Hot Water Hog
Chapter Eight: Drowing in Grey
Chapter Nine: Will You Just Die Already?
Chapter Ten: I Can't Love An Old Man
Chapter Eleven: My Kidneys Are Crying
Chapter Twelve: Oh Lord, Don't Sneeze
Chapter Thirteen: Psycho Runs in the Family
Chapter Fourteen: Lamps Will Break; Hearts Will Ache
Chapter Fifteen: Another Day in Paradise
Chapter Sixteen: Romantic After Fun?
Chapter Seventeen: Best Mom Ever
Chapter Eighteen: I'm Not Mad, Just Loud
Chapter Nineteen: Little Riley Jr.
Chapter Twenty: That's a Shitty Way of Saying 'I Love You'
Chapter Twenty One: Scar Collection
Chapter Twenty Two: Calm Down, Satan
Chapter Twenty Four: Elijah
Chapter Twenty Five: Crimson
Chapter Twenty Six: Rapunzel, Let Down Your Hair
Chapter Twenty Seven: Alpha Wannabe
Chapter Twenty Eight: Inner Serial Killer
Chapter Twenty Nine: Beep, Beep, Beeping
Epilogue
September 20, 2016
Monster In My Bed

Chapter Twenty Three: Panic! In The Ear Drum

28.2K 1.7K 191
By self-absorbed

Elijah did not agree on taking me to see Kieran. Every time that I asked, he would ignore my plea and just say how 'unsafe' the situation was. Eli wouldn't tell me what Lock Nine was, either. All that I knew of it was that whatever treatment the wolves go under in the room, causes them to come out crazy-totally psychotic to the point that they often times kill themselves. Eli assured me twice that Kieran would not be tortured as far as wanting to kill himself, but based on how Eli seemed so reluctant on letting me go down to Lock Nine, I couldn't find it within myself to believe him.

I decided after three hours of begging and not getting a change of opinion from Eli, that I would just be trooper and find Lock Nine myself. This only resulted in Trevor hauling me back to my room. I made it all the way down to the cellar floor by myself when he caught me trying to creep past the interrogation room. Luckily, he only gave me a warning saying that he made a promise to keep me safe. I assume that he knew by telling Alex and Greyson that I would be in heaps of trouble, but I still don't completely understand his reasoning. If he told my parents, then I would be in trouble not in danger. I didn't push it, though. I really didn't need them knowing.

Eli found out, though.

He gave me a lecture about how much of an idiot I am. That didn't stop me from trying to go down and try to find Lock Nine again. Eli stopped me as I was just about to enter the cellar floor.

Eli soon realized that I was definitely not going to let anyone stop me from seeing Kieran. First of all, I needed to make sure he was okay. Second, I needed to know what Lock Nine was. The not knowing was eating me alive.

Thankfully, I can count on Elijah to be a nice, helpful big brother and get me down to see Kieran-note the sarcasm. No, but in all honesty, with my new vote of confidence (thanks to Kieran and his mark) I straight up told Eli that he could lock me away like freaking Rapunzel, and I would still try to find a way to see Kieran.

Much to my pleasure (and Eli's displeasure), Eli didn't take any chances with my threat/bluff placing us in our current situation.

Its probably about four in the morning, I want to say. I already knew most pack members would be asleep except for the unlucky few who had border patrol. Other than that, the entire house was pretty much silent. Pack house curfew was at eleven pm, and pack members could not 'disrupt the peace' until nine am. This ultimately meant that you just watch reruns of really, really old shows like Hannah Montana and iCarly in your room until like one, pass out, wake up, creep down stairs, and silently watch the news until nine where you can then begin to actually breath.

I followed Eli through the cellar floor, but instead of heading directly to the cells holding Marilyn and Bolton, we made a right. That lead us to an entirely new door which then opened up to another hallway. The hallway itself wasn't long. There were two doors half way down the hall. One on the left, and one on the right. Eli lead us into the one on the right and began rummaging around in a cabinet. The room was bland as could be with grey walls and grayish looking chairs. A black, metal desk sat in the room as well as a black, metal cabinet that Eli was currently digging through.

"Where the hell-I know I-wup-got'em," Eli murmured to himself. He turned around to face me with a look that I was all too familiar with. It was his 'I can't believe I'm actually helping you do this' look. I rolled my eyes and took notice of the objects in his hands.

"Ear plugs?" I questioned staring at the fancily high-tech-looking ear plugs.

"No," he drug out, "well, kind of." He handed a pair of 'kind of ear plugs' to me which I greedily took. I examined the small gadgets understanding what he meant by they were 'kind of ear plugs'. It was obvious that you shoved the two contraptions in your ears, but they didn't look like that's all they were for. They almost reminded me of a hearing aid as strange as it sounds.

"Kind of?" I questioned putting them in my ears as he did the same.

"Yeah," he replied as he quickly reached over to my 'kind of ear plugs' and switched something on. 'Kind of,' his lips portrayed, but no sound was heard. I jumped not expecting for all of my hearing to completely shut off. I yanked one of the buds out of my ears. I furrowed my brows as my eyes did a once over of the ear plug before returning back to Eli. He chuckled slightly.

"I turned the sensitivity the entire way down. Don't worry, just did it to freak you out," he joked as he did something to the bud in my ear. Instantly, I could hear again, but everything was very faint. He took the bud in my hand and turned some sort of tiny dial before handing it back to me. I slowly put the bud back into my ear. It gave the same dull, distant hearing as my other ear.

"Why are these relevant?" I asked furrowing my brows together.

"You'll see," he said just loud enough that I could hear him. I wanted to ask if he was on drugs or something, but as he opened the door on the left, I knew immediately why we needed them. I scrunched my face up in annoyance hearing a very irritating ring. I looked over to Eli to see him messing with the dial on his ear plugs obviously finding the ring obnoxious as well. Out of sheer curiosity, I decided to take one of the buds out which was a completely stupid idea.

The ringing intensified by what seemed liked ten thousand. My ear drum immediately went into a panic, and all that I could hear was the loud squealing noise the permeated the hallway that Eli and I stood in. I hurriedly shoved the bud back into my ear wishing I hadn't taken it out in the first place as we entered through the door. My poor ear was ringing, and it was making my head hurt.

"Yeah," Eli shouted at me over the ringing as he quietly shut the door, "I wouldn't take those out."

"No kidding."

"It's extremely painful to our sensitive hearing," he stated tapping a finger to his plugged ear. "It plays 24/7-all day, all night. One of the many awful elements to Lock Nine."

"So we're in Lock Nine?" I asked not even sure if I sounded like myself. I could barely hear myself talking. I looked around me just as Eli shook his head.

"No, this is just the hallway leading to it. It's worse in Lock Nine." I frowned as did Eli. If I could barely handle it in here, I couldn't imagine why Kieran must be going through.

Eli lead us down the hallway through another door (the ringing then intensified by a million) which brought us face to face with another door. The door was completely made of metal, but it had a clear little window in about the center of it. I slowly walked up to the window and peeked inside.

My heart sank.

It took about .3 seconds for Kieran to look up at me. He was sitting with his legs crossed on the floor. His head facing the windowless wall ahead of him as his fists clenched and unclenched. He then turned to face me. Immediately, I wanted to cry. There were extremely obvious bags under his eyes, his hair was completely disheveled, and I could see from where I was standing that there was a red tint to his eyes. His face still covered with a mass of cuts and bruises, and his body was stiff.

As fast as it took him to look at me, he was at the door. His inhuman speed startling me. He slammed his hands against the door repeatedly as he bent down to stare at me through the small window. I could then see just how blood red his green eyes really were. The dark, purple bags were even more evident now up close. They contrasted with his now pale skin which made him look sickly. The fact that it was obvious he hasn't eaten in days not helping the situation much either.

"Get her out!" Kieran snarled as he beat on the door. The banging was so loud that I could hear every beat his hands made on the door. I could hear his words as if he were shouting them directly in my ear. I jumped back as tears made their way to my eyes. "Out! Get her out!" Kieran's eyes darkened in color as his canines poked through. He continued slamming his hands on the door and shouting quite loudly.

"Kieran stop!" I screamed through tears. I couldn't help but cry. "Stop, please!" He didn't, though. He just kept pounding his hands on the metal door. A viscous snarl or growl would make an appearance as well every once in a while. "Kieran!"

"Arden, get out of here! I want her out!"

"Kieran, please!" I sobbed as I backed away from the door into Eli's chest. Kieran continued viciously banging on the door as Eli wrapped his arms around me. I cried loudly as Eli just held me to him. "No, no, Kieran, no!"

The whole situation was one that I was not expecting. I'm sure if I showed up seeing Kieran dead it wouldn't be as painful as this.

He didn't want me here. He didn't want me.

"Leave!" Kieran snarled again causing another sob from me.

"Grey, come on-" Eli urged as he tried pulling me toward the door.

"Why?" I shouted back at Kieran as tears poured down my cheeks. "You don't want me anymore?" This made Kieran stop. His tired eyes widened as he hands stopped slamming on the door. His green eyes that were swarming with familiar traces of red scanned my face quickly. His body went rigid. He gulped and shook his head all while his eyes were still staring directly into mine.

"I'm only doing this for you," he said in what sounded like a whisper. Then as if we had never had this moment, his hands slammed back down on the door as another animalistic snarl ripped through the air. "Get out!"

I didn't even have a say in what was happening. Eli literally lifted me up and swiftly carried me out of the room. I could still hear Kieran's banging and snarling until Eli shut the door. As soon as the large door closed, the only noise heard was the obnoxious ringing.

I looked up at Eli as my bottom lip trembled. I shook my head not believing what just happened. He watched me with sorrow-filled eyes.

"No, no, no," I cried as I wrapped my arms around Eli's torso and cried into his chest. "They ruined him! That's not my Kieran!" I shouted as I continued to cry. Eli comfortingly rubbed my back.

"Grey, don't worry-"

"They broke him! What did they do?" I don't even think Eli could quite understand what I was saying. My entire body was shaking like crazy, and my head was pounding.

Mate not happy.

"Of course he's not, stupid!" I shouted back at my wolf not caring that Eli probably thought I was insane. "When is he ever happy!"

Mate needs us.

"No he doesn't! He doesn't want you! He doesn't want me! He doesn't want either of us!"

"Grey-"

Mate not happy.

"I'm not happy! Will you just go away! Leave me alone!" I shouted pushing my palms to my temples. Suddenly, my hands were ripped away from my head. I stared up at Eli who was watching me with an extremely worried expression plastered across his face.

"Grey, calm down!" He shouted at me obviously not knowing what else to do seeing as how I ignored all of his other pleas.

"I-I," I stuttered. My breathing was heavy, and my head was thumping rather loudly. "Kieran-he-I-I don't want to do this anymore." More tears trailed down my cheeks. Eli wiped them away.

"I'll make sure he's back in his cell by tonight, Grey. Please, don't cry," Eli begged wiping away more of my tears. "I'm here. It's okay. You're okay. Everything is going to be okay," he soothed. I shook my head.

"As long as we're still here, nothing's ever going to be okay."

Eli kept his promise. That afternoon, Kieran was placed back into his cell.

___________

Early update?

THANKS FOR GETTING TCML TO #40 IN WEREWOLF U GUYS R GREAT.

Anyway, I think we are like a little over half way through this book now. I know I know. That's crazy to think about. It's been like a year.

I have the epilogue for this book literally planned out, and I'm so excited to write it. ITS GONNA BE LIT GUYS.

Okay, thats all I got to say.

Stay awesome Gotham. 9/3/16 (happy sixteenth birthday Rissmitchell )

Continue Reading

You'll Also Like

168K 4.7K 35
Highest Ranking ~^~ #1 in DarkMagic ; 14/05/2019 #2 in DarkMagic ; 13/05/2019 #72 in Werewolf ; 23/09/2017 #79 in Werewolf ; 07/1/2018 #16 in Element...
1.9M 77.8K 60
"I call bullshit." Digging my finger into his broad chest, I met his intense stare without an ounce of fright, "I've been calling bullshit for the pa...
6.1K 362 13
True love. Mates. The very backbone of the werewolf species. But what happens when your Alpha mate rejects you? --------- Eden Cross is a Beta wo...
2.5K 425 54
JAREK She's an abomination-a constant thorn in my side. She has no right to be sheltered so closely by my mother and father, the alpha and luna of th...