Forbidden

Galing kay ItalRT4u

Devon dreamed of a simpler time. A time where life was much easier to deal with. She couldn't wait to free... Higit pa

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Epilogue

Chapter 3

15.1K 276 7
Galing kay ItalRT4u

Sidney's POV-

I stood in the kitchen when Devon came down. She looked like she barely got any sleep last night. She had on a cute pair of black shorts and a white see-through t-shirt that hung off of one shoulder with her bikini halter top peaking through.

“Girl, you look like you could use some makeup. Your eyes are so puffy!” I tell her as Shane came down shortly after and joined us.

“Not everyone can look perfect.” Shane throws my way. I rolled my eyes so Devon could see me and she chuckled as I turned to give my brother a nasty smirk.

“Dork, I wasn't talking to you.” I say. “By the way, you might want to scamper off around lunch time. Tony's popping by with Jarred.” He gave me a look of annoyance.

“Well, you ladies can go ahead and do your own thing by the pool; I'm staying put regardless.” He tells me as he steals the piece of toast from my hand and takes off with it.

“Hey!” I shout after him.

“Leave him alone.” Devon tells me. I give her a look and then pop another slice of bread in the toaster for myself.

Devon's POV-

We were by the pool when the boys showed up. Jarred sat beside me and gave me a smile while I watched Tony and Sidney wrestling with each other until Tony grabbed hold of her and threw them over the edge, into the pool. Jarred apparently thought that this was his cue to try and get me in the pool too.

“Come on!” He tried again after I pushed his hands off of me explaining that I didn’t want to go for a swim and if I changed my mind, I was more than capable to jump in myself. I didn’t want to get wet seeing as I was terrified that my bruises would end up showing through my already see-through shirt. “You're such a killjoy!” He tells me and then grabs me around the waist and pulls me up, over his shoulder, like a sac of potatoes and jumps into the pool. He let go of me while we were under. When I surfaced, he was already on me.

“You're so hot.” He tells me with a smouldering look in his eye.

“No.” I told him but he kept advancing on me. My stomach was churning. I thought I was about to puke my guts right then and there. Something wasn’t sitting right with me and I was feeling panic work its way down to my core. The minute I felt his hands on my hips, pulling my body towards him, instinct kicked in and I kneed him in the stomach and pushed him away with both my feet as I held on to the edge of the pool.

“You fucking bastard! What do you not understand about the word no?” I yelled at him. A look of bewilderment flash across his face. I knew he wasn't happy. I turned and jumped out of the pool.

“I'll be inside, if anyone needs me.” I yell out to Sidney and Tony who were now in the hot tub no longer making out. I stormed off into the house.

Shane's POV-

I watched as Devon stormed off after pushing that Jarred ape off of her. I was proud of her for standing up for herself but I also found myself struggling with the urge to go out there and drown the son of a bitch. The door opened and she stopped dead in her tracks after she shut the sliding glass door behind her. She let out a growl of frustration and anger.

“Easy Cujo.” I joked. Her head snapped up in shock and I registered her blush of embarrassment.

“Oh.” She paused and then gave me a quick smile. “I forgot you were here.” And she tried to make her way past me. I grabbed her arm to stop her. She looked at me. “I'm alright.” She said.

“Yeah.” I tell her as I looked at her. Her shirt was barely hiding anything and needless to say, it clung to her body in all the right spots. Her slender legs had caught a bit of sun in the short time she was outside. It gave her a healthy glow. I cleared my throat as I let go of my gentle grip. “Sorry.” I say, looking away sheepishly.

“It's ok.” She tells me and turns as I watch her walk away from me to go change.

Sidney's POV-

“What the fuck D!” I stormed into my room, catching Devon by surprise as she was jumping into another pair of short shorts.

“What?” Devon looks at me with a fiery look. I stopped dead in my tracks. “I wasn't about to let him take advantage of me, just because every girl in school swoons at him.” She tells me. I stood there, my mouth opening up to say something and then when the words wouldn't come, I closed my mouth and turned to leave my room. “Be careful with Tony.” I hear.

“What's that supposed to mean?” I ask her.

“Nothing. It's just that guys like him, they sometimes expect more from their girls.” She tells me.

“You're just jealous!” I blurted out and turned to face her again. Once I saw her face, I knew it was the wrong choice of words I could have used. “Oh. D. I'm...”

“Yeah, you're sorry.” She tells me. “Don't worry about it. I know you're happy that things are happening with you and Tony but I just don't want to see you get hurt if he turns out like Jarred.”

“I know.” I tell her as I walk toward her and I give her a hug. Did she just flinch? Nah. And she smiled as I backed away from her. “Listen, I know you don’t want to be around Jarred so Tony’s taking him home. Do you mind if I go and hang out with him for a few hours? Shane said he'd be around so you guys can always catch up.” I say as I roll my eyes. The thought of her and my brother bonding grossed me out somewhat still despite I knew full well that he’d be lucky to have a girl like her and she, a guy like him. As much as my ‘big’ brother annoys me, I do want to see him happy, I’m just not sure that my best friend and he are destined to be with each other, so years ago, we had all agreed that they were ‘hands-off’. That way, no relationships would be severed because of a messy break-up.

“Go ahead. I'm gonna eat an early dinner and then head to bed early. I'm tired.” She tells me. I nodded. “Make sure you wake me up to tell me all about it when you get back.” She winks at me. That's my girl! I swear she's been behaving different lately. I'd have to make it a point of finding out why.

Devon's POV-

I was woken up at midnight by my usual nightmare. I headed to the bathroom to hide away from Sidney. She had a great time with Tony, or so she had stated before we went to sleep. They had made out a few times at the movie theatre and she had told me that they had talked and decided to be an official couple. I perked up like any normal girly girl would to make sure that she felt I was as excited as she was. I was getting tired of putting up a front at this point.

In the midst of my crying, I heard a door open and I looked up from my perch, beside the toilet; it was Shane. He stood there, rubbing his eyes, in his pyjama pants and bare chest. He looked at me with concern in his eyes and extended his hand to me, which I took. He helped me up, wiped at my cheeks with the thumb of his free hand and tugged on my arm so I followed. I gave in and followed him to his bedroom. He let go of my hand, got into bed and lifted the sheets motioning to me to get in beside him. I crawled in as he pulled me to him, my face buried in his chest, his breath aimed down on the side of my face and my arms hugging my body as I was still shaking, facing him. He pulled me in even tighter to him so our legs touched and I had to uncross my arms so that one of my hands was on his chest and my other arm rested on his side.

“Is this ok?” He asked me making sure I was alright with what he was doing.

“Mmm.” Was what I managed. His sweet smell had hit me, his strong arms made me feel secure and his rhythmic breathing sent me drifting into sleep. The last thing I remember was a sigh of relief passing my lips.

Shane’s POV-

I woke up to find myself alone in my bed. To be honest, I was seriously disappointed that I never woke up to see Devon leave my room. I rolled over onto the pillow next to me smelled the scent of her shampoo. My heart skipped a beat at the mere memory of me holding her into me last night. I rolled myself out of bed and found my bathroom occupied. I took that opportunity to head back to bed for a few minutes while I waited. At that point, I found myself consumed with thoughts about Devon, how hard all of this has to be on her. How was she supposed to trust someone after what her father did to her? How was I to have her complete trust? I cursed her father into my pillow, laying on my stomach and my fists thumping the mattress beside my buried head and then I heard a throat clearing sound.

“Everything alright?” I heard Devon ask and my head snapped up to look at her.

“How long have you been standing there?” I asked her. She let out a chuckle and leaned on the doorway, arms crossed at her chest, smirking at me.

“Long enough.” She answers. I felt myself blushing as I got up. She backed into the bathroom as I followed her and as she opened up the door to the hallway, she turned toward me. “And thanks for last night.” She tells me.

“Don’t sweat it.” I say as she closes the door behind her.

Don't forget to fan, comment, VOTE!!!

Ipagpatuloy ang Pagbabasa

Magugustuhan mo rin

2M 111K 96
Daksh singh chauhan - the crowned prince and future king of Jodhpur is a multi billionaire and the CEO of Ratore group. He is highly honored and resp...
2.4K 86 40
Highest Rank: #24 in Second chance mate 23/6/18. #70 original story 11/7/18 "Fine, I'll be honest" he agrees, and suddenly his lips are on mine sendi...
1.4M 34.4K 46
When young Diovanna is framed for something she didn't do and is sent off to a "boarding school" she feels abandoned and betrayed. But one thing was...
1.4K 272 87
Book 1 of the forbidden series Ava and Aston have been dating since middle school, everyone expected them to be mates. But what happens when their tr...