Chapter 20

Devon's POV-

It was nice to see Sidney happy again. Sure, she was miserable for the total of a week but with Shane and I living together, she was basically the third wheel. Now that she and Marty got along again, well, more than well, we pretty much found ourselves doing everything together again without me feeling guilty. I was glad that Marty had manned up and come clean right away with Shane. I knew that Shane would be fine with it all. I was glad he found out through Marty instead of finding out by walking in on them. I had picked up on things before Sid had told me and they were only getting more obvious. It was only a matter of time.

“What are you thinking about?” I hear as I snap out of my daze and find Shane turn his body to face me as we sat on the couch watching an episode of Rookie Blue.

“The look on Sid's face when she realized we knew about your talk with Marty and its outcome.” I tell him giggling. He smiled warmly and moved my legs on either side of him so he could lay me down and lay down over me.

“He's the only one I know I can trust with her heart and I'm tired of her hurting from those deadbeats she dates.” He tells me.

“And who can you trust with yours?” I ask him, brushing his jaw with a fingertip.

“You.” He said and kissed me softly. “And only you.”

“How about mine? Who would you trust with my heart?” I ask him sweetly, studying his face for his reaction.

“For yours, only me. I don't know what another guy would have in store for you but I know I'm not letting you go and that guarantees me you will always be happy.”

“I love you.” I tell him and grab his chin and kiss him nice, deep and slow, making myself moan in the process from the sensuality of our kiss. I pulled away from him and nuzzle his cheek, trying to get my breathing under control. “How do you do that?” I say breathlessly.

“Do what?” He says through his smirk.

“Manage to make me feel... I don't know!” I say. “I can't explain it. It's like I'm the only person in this world with you and nothing else matters. It's like a state of weightlessness when we're together. My utopia.”

“You mean, when I do this?” He tells me and kisses the crook of my neck and I hiss as I arch my back. “Or this?” And he nibbles the soft skin below my ear. “Or maybe this?” As I feel a long hot lick and multiple kisses on my bare stomach since I was still wearing my bikini top. I moaned and fist his hair and pulled his face up so he could see the look in my eyes.

“Don't start something you don't intend on finishing.” I tell him.

“I always finish.” He tells me and then the door opens and he sits up. “Get out! Don't come back for another hour.” He yells and I realized how turned on I was at his outspokenness. I could care less who that was. I felt like we might have been caught at it again by Sidney but that was the least of my worries right now and some time, perhaps soon since she's given it up a few already, she might find out what it is to go through the need as I like to call it.

Marty's POV-

I closed the door after being yelled at by my best friend and by the time I got down to the bottom of the stairs, I couldn't hold in my laughter.

“What is it?” Sidney asked me.

“Now I know how you felt last night when you walked in on them.” I tell her and her hand went to her mouth. “They're like jack-rabbits! Come on.” I grab her hand and pull her toward my car.