Chapter 13

Shane's POV-

I was reaching the end to the last bits of work for my photography project when I heard a soft knock on my bedroom door.

“Come in.” I say. My father walks in. “Hey! What's up?”

“I wanted to speak with you about this weekend's move.” He tells me. I nodded to him. “I love Devon like she's my own. I'm sure you know that, so it's not easy letting you two move in with eachother. I know you're serious about Devon and you are both responsible but promise me, that if at any time, things get rough, you'll both do the honourable thing and try and work things out before giving up.”

“I'm not giving up, Dad.” I tell him. “I can't explain it...” I start as I get up and start pacing my room. “There was a time where she was like a sister to me and then, I get back from college after being gone for two years and she steals my heart, one night while she was sprawled on the bathroom floor, crying after one of her nightmares.” My father was sitting at the foot of my bed, smiling. “I love being around her and when I'm not, the only thing I want to be, is in the same room as her. She drives me crazy with a smile or a simple laugh. I'm crazy about her. I don't ever want her to hurt, Dad. I love her.” And the realization hit me like a ton of bricks. My heart skipped in my chest. “I love her, Dad.”

“Then do as I've told you. I know you've been showing it, but it's time for you to tell her how you feel.” He tells me. I nodded.

“I plan on it.” I tell him.

Shortly after Dad left my room, I had another knock on my door. This one I knew to be Devon's. I opened the door for her. There she was, standing in her pyjama shorts and a loose tank top. I took her hand and pulled her into my room, where I softly shut the door and pushed her against it.

“I missed you.” I tell her before I press my lips to hers.

Devon's POV-

My heart skipped a beat. I put my hands on his chest, feeling his muscles rippling under his shirt. I nuzzle his nose as I peck his lips quickly.

“Are you ready for our sleepover?” I ask him. He laughs wickedly.

“More than you'll ever know.” He pulls me over to his bed. He gets in first and then holds the sheets up for me to get in beside him. He turns me so my back is to his chest and wraps his arms around me, kissing my neck.

“Now, rest up. We have a fairly busy day tomorrow.” He tells me.

“And I can't wait!” I tell him as I wrap my arms around myself, overlapping his arms.

“Sweet dreams, love.” I hear as my lids feel weighted down and I start to drift off.

“Sweet dreams.” I say before everything goes dark.

I woke up feeling refreshed and invigorated. Shane was sitting at his desk, shirtless and hunched over his project. I smiled as I lay in his bed watching him.

“A few more tweaks?” I made him jump as I had gotten up and hugged him from behind. “Good morning.”

“Hello gorgeous.” He turned before I could get a good look at his finished product. “Are you ready for today?”

“That's what I'm wondering.” Sidney blurted from the bedroom's door. “I'm still trying, for the life of me, to figure how she wants to clean up after your dorky butt.” I couldn't help but laugh at her comment.

“Because I love torture.” I feel a slap to my butt and Shane's hands grab onto my waist, pulling me to his lap so I sat on him.

“So this arrangement is torture to you?” He begins to tickle me. I start to wriggle away from him but find myself unable to do so.