Gamers

Von DeadDontLie

In the supernatural world, the creatures are countless and they manifest among the living undetected. The mos... Mehr

Prologue
Chapter 1
Chapter 2
Chapter 3
Chapter 4
Chapter 5
Chapter 6
Chapter 7
Chapter 8
Chapter 9
Chapter 10
Chapter 11
Chapter 12
Chapter 13
Chapter 14
Chapter 15
Chapter 16
Chapter 17
Chapter 18
Chapter 19
Chapter 20
Chapter 21
Chapter 22
Chapter 23
Chapter 24
Chapter 25
Chapter 26
Chapter 27
Chapter 28
Chapter 29
Chapter 30
Chapter 31
Chapter 32
Chapter 33
Chapter 34
Chapter 35
Chapter 36
Chapter 37
Chapter 38
Chapter 39
Chapter 40
Chapter 42
Epilogue

Chapter 41

43 8 12
Von DeadDontLie

General POV.

The vamps were all over the place, reaching out for anybody's help. They wanted to grasp any information about their Master but given their wrathful loyalty, Harry refused to share what he'd learned had happened to Louis Tomlinson.

He found him, beheaded and left to rot -not really, they don't decay- at the edges of Kent forests, not really a nice gesture but Josh seemed to have excelled at being an absolute ass.

Harry now had no one, he doesn't expect Liam, the prince and following king, to help any longer, if not ever again. Mia and David have left off after hearing the unfortunate news, David was in awe for the murder of his saviour and Mia, in awe for leaving Harry sad and alone. But despite the despair, Harry couldn't let Josh have the pleasure of such thought as victory. Call it pride, revenge, hatred but Harry was determined to mercilessly kill Josh. And he calls it justice.

Like a lullaby, he kept chanting in his own head, how he had accomplished more tasks than the words Josh have ever spoken, collectively. He reminded himself of how he had The Key and his brain and his deceased friends as a motivation. Pretty blond Josh thinks Harry is predictable but oh dear, only if he knows. How a Gamer thinks, is a mystery and how he plans, is a secret and how he performs, is a match. That you have a very limited percentage of winning.

He was sitting alone, as he thought about his next move in David's apartment, which was on sale. Freezing the time as he did so, even though it's difficult for him, but he has no desire to waste actual time on just thinking.

So many ways to kill an Observer. One of them David has figured out, to feed him his own medicine. To gaze at him through his own eyes.

In details; when Observers look at a human indirectly, they can cause them whatever harm they want but not kill them. The only way they can is by making direct eye contact, at which the human's eyes burn out, leaving bloody vacant spots. It can kill anything; even an Observer isn't immune to it.

There's another way: taking their eyes out. Which is why, Harry performed it on all the Harrisons he killed, but the challenge with Josh was to actually get close enough to snatch his eye out, before he torches yours.

A third way is to blind him; a near the impossible suggestion. Unlike humans, supernatural creatures are invulnerable to all poisons that intoxicate human beings and they have inhuman endurance; therefore, the only way to blind a supernatural creature, is by exposing them to Angels' light. In the Key, there are a few spells but unfortunately they all have temporary effectiveness.

An additional way, works on all the creatures; is a spell with a sigil and a potion. You draw the sigil from your target's blood and you mix bronze, ashes of a saint's bones, leaves from the Tree of Hope and limited drops of sacrificed purified blood in a glass container. Recite a Latin incantation and then smash the potion on the sigil and leave it splattered. It will create a gateway to the land of banished creatures and voila, your target's banished.

All ways are pretty difficult if you ask Harry Styles the killer, but if you ask the Gamer, he'll say it's a piece of cake. The real challenge is in Josh's style. Over 180 years and Harry has never physically fought his enemy. Nor even seen him fight someone which leaves his dueling style a mystery to Harry and that's not good, especially that he's going straight for the murder.

As means of wariness, Harry packed venomous knives in his coat and jeans, prepared the temporary sight-robbing spells, brewed the banishing potion and kept them in his pockets. Noting,of course, the fact that he has to perfect Josh's ability or else, they both end up dead. Or worse, Harry does.

It took a lot of unfrozen time to do the previous actions, leading Harry to confront Josh a bit late. He has decided to show up in that random bar Josh had once summoned him to. But unfortunately, having no address, just a vivid picture in his head, took a lot of energy and concentration out of him, but with 3 means of killing and 1 for banishing; it was worth it.

An obstacle was that Harry had absolutely no plan-B if Josh wasn't actually in the bar at such time, he figured - as lame as it sounds- he would just wait for him.

The teleportation was draining indeed, but not as bad as expected, what really was bad; was that Josh was present in the bar and that he wasn't the only one.

"Nononono." Harry said as he comprehended the scene.

Josh was knelt down before a laid body, all stained in blood and extracting the blade from the departed's body. Of course, a silver knife to the heart, even he couldn't see the figure; he sure knew it's a werewolf. And there's only one werewolf that's friends with Harry.

Josh stood up, dropping the bloody knife at the floor. Parallel, Harry collapsed next to his friend. Shuddering, at his shocked wide open lifeless eyes. He closed them for him and stood up with all his might, facing Josh's back whilst trembling under sufficient rage.

"You're a psychopath." Harry spat, holding out a blade and gripping it in his shaking hand.

"And you're soulless." Josh said, turning around to face Harry as he wiped his mouth with his shirt.

"Bad for you." Harry looked at him with much detest; even though he had his hand on his side holding a blade, Josh gave it little attention.

"Is that so? 'Cause statistically, that was your last friend. You're alone now."

"Oh you think killing them would make me weaker? I'm soulless, dumbass. You just liberated me." Harry's lips tilted up in a lunatic, sadistic smile.

"Quit the show. You've got no more cards to pull on me." Josh seemed certain of his words but the certainty faded when Harry burst in a maniac laugh.

"You really think that? You're very funny." Harry continued laughing.

"The Key." Josh demanded, ignoring Harry's disturbing reaction.

"The Key...... is my property." Harry replied smirking.

"Let me tell you this, Josh. Whatever people you kill, you will never smell the leather of that book." Harry promised.

"Fair enough, but let me tell you that, whatever game you play with me, you will never win." Josh returned.

"Why don't we see?" Harry bowed, holding his blade before his face, inviting Josh to a fight.

"I will enjoy proving you wrong." Josh accepted the challenge, bowing.

He then warily, without breaking Harry's gaze, walked backwards retrieving the blade that stripped Prince Liam of his supposedly long life.

"Are we going to tiptoe all day?" Harry asked as they walked in a circle.

"You want a quick death?" Josh raised his eyebrows, humored by his own comeback.

Harry rolled his eyes and dove forward, Josh in reply ducked down and semi-slided beneath Harry's arm, standing up again and facing his back -all in merely the same second- Harry turning around, only to be ambushed by Josh, who speared him to the wall.

Despite the impact of the push, Harry didn't seem much affected given his next move was using his legs, tackling Josh to his back and falling down on him, pinning him. Miraculously, the blade was still in his hand, acknowledging that fact with such proximity, he went immediately for Josh's right eye.

His hand was stopped, his palm seemingly awfully sweaty that the blade was slipping. Harry glanced at it then back at Josh, who's appearance was much the same, excluding his now fully dark eyes. Which lead Harry to realize, Josh was melting the blade. Harry immediately shut his eyes, hence direct eye contact will render him dead right then and there.

Josh then gains momentum, rolling Harry and pinning him, switching the roles. Aiming his knife at Harry's neck, had instinct not forced Harry to teleport, he would've been severely damaged.

He was right behind Josh, who from the sudden disappearance of Harry, had forcefully met the floor, his nose bleeding from that impact. Harry extracted something from the inner pocket of his coat, the object small, since he gripped it tightly as if his fist was balled.

Josh wasn't too stunned by the teleportation, he quickly gained his composure and stood up, facing Harry and the latter instantly opened his grip revealing shiny dust particles, he blew them in Josh's face, at eye level and Josh's eyes shut quickly and he started screaming, his hand over his eyes, protectively.

Harry took advantage, holding Josh's agonized twisted body under his arm, in the neck-breaker position, thinking if he could temporarily strip his sight and render him still, he can take his eyes out and relieve the world from their wrathful stares.

But Josh had another plan, he smacked Harry's abdomen with his elbow and fiercely ran backwards, leaving Harry crash through the bar and quickly freeing himself and bending Harry, flattening his back to the empty space by forcefully gripping his neck. He commanded his blade up to his hand and struck towards Harry's heart, but Harry realizing the horrible situation and trying to get up, rose in the perfect moment for the silver blade to stab his shoulder.

The strike hit Harry hard, triggering an unknown dose of strength coursing through his veins as he gripped Josh's arm that was suffocatting him and released himself, slowly as their forces met closely and even though, with the blade striking from his shoulder, Harry overpowered Josh, getting a grip on his arm and twisting it. Hearing the bone break was the greatest harmony he's ever heard. Not greater than Josh's scream though.

He pushed him to the floor and shutting his eyes tightly, mercilessly snatched the blade out of his shoulder. Now they're both missing one arm.

Harry kept the blade, despite having others in his clothes. He wasted no time and diving -once again- straight to the eye, Josh being fully tangled in Harry's legs and coat, merely tilted his head to the right to avoid the blade, that eventually cut his temple. Blood invading his right side of the face.

He then ,based on survival instinct, grabbed Harry's hair with his unharmed arm (yet) and smacked it on the floor cutting it open and standing up. Harry's head obliged, leading his body upwards, his hands raised up to his head in agony, in need to drop the blade so that he could help himself. And he did, by punshing Josh in the face. It gave him enough time to adjust and try to pick up the blade, which as soon as he touched turned into feather.

Harry knew Josh destroyed the blade intentionally, using whatever strange power he had, but he hadn't the time of the world to look up, instead he picked up a knife from the ones he stocked, and ran to Josh, his eyes semi-closed, Josh dodged him and gave him a push forward, leading Harry's new knife to dig into the wooden wall and stay there. Harry could sense Josh has -within these very limited moments- found a new weapon hence the excited creak of the wooden floor behind him, hinted an attack.

He elbowed Josh in the moment he presumed was the right one and indeed the elbow collided with Josh's jaw, causing him to dramatically fall back down, his new weapon falling out of his grip as well.

Josh reached out to his weapon with his fine arm, but Harry apported it further back in the bar with his eyes, then he noticed a tingling pain in his eyes. It's like they were eating themselves up, he could feel them radiating heat as they teared up and his vision blurred.

It finally occured to him that Josh was trying to torch his eyes with his demonic gaze, and that if Harry looked at him, he would die in an instant. He closed his eyes, feeling hot thick tears streaming down his face, from their metallic scent he guessed it was blood, fetching through his pocket for the temporarily blinding potion. As soon as he gripped it, he sensed Josh standing up. So Harry causally turned his back to him, trying to break the contact so that his eyes get better and at the same time unscrewing the small glass container.

Josh returned his eyes to normal colour, seeing Harry has turned his back to him, he crushed him, forcefully pushing him to the wall, causing the glass in his hands to shatter on the floor, whilst stretching his arm toward the far blade, commanding it to fly over to his grip, which indeed has happened.

He gripped Harry's hair again and smacked his already bleeding head to the wall, dazing him. He then turned him around to face him and once done, Harry, with all his might, spat at Josh's face.

It was too large comparing to a normal spit and Josh soon understood why, Harry had drank the blinding potion and spat It in his face. Now all Josh was feeling was his eyes burning and itching him as black spots invaded his vision and completely taking over it.

Harry then, held Josh from the jacket with his harmed arm and blocked movement of his neck with the other, suffocating him. Josh struggled as he flapped everywhere to free himself, Harry had to slam his head -much as what he'd done to him- to slow him down.

Unfortunately, as Harry did so, Josh's arm was feeling the wall for the blade Harry has left there,his vision starting to come clear. He gripped it, pulled it out and -with his vision back now- collided it in Harry's gut. Hearing the sharp blade, rip his flesh.

Harry, defeated, made a few choking sounds before dropping to his knees, blood coming out from his mouth, through his soft lips. And then finally crashing to the ground.

It was a strong sensation of suffocation through ruthless pain, he panted, his own blood blocking the entry of any oxygen as it crawled out.

"This is where I so happily rid the world of your existence. Master mind." His words beared remarkable mockery that Harry would've strongly protested to, if he had the energy.

"On my dead body." Was a very unlikely interruption.

Standing casually, white shirt on black jeans and a blade in his hand.

Yes, Harry's vision was unclear and his hearing was a bit disturbed, but he could never forget the accent of his scared, Irish friend.

The moment Josh snapped his head up, the Keeper's reaction was simple but effective. He threw the blade straight to Josh's heart, resembling what's happened to Harry.

Josh ironically, mimicked Harry's movement and Niall walked to Harry and in front of Josh's helpless wide open eyes.

"Don't worry, I got you." Niall assured Harry, lifting him up.

"Later." He winked to Josh as he teleported them elsewhere, leaving him bewildered and alone, his plans about killing Harry crumbling down before him.

Niall has tried. Tried to warn Harry, told him multiple times to just stay out of harm's way and the stubborn Gamer ignored, and now after all those years of secrecy, Niall had to reveale himself for troublesome Harry.

And yet again, Harry wasn't alone.

Weiterlesen

Das wird dir gefallen

Kismet Von birdie

Fanfiction

859K 35.8K 39
☆ Taking place in a dystopian future, Harry lives a secluded life with an affliction that he loathes and keeps him from sleeping at night. In order...
66.2K 2.9K 25
There is no way that I can escape this now; no way that I can possibly escape her and all that lies behind the darkness in her eyes. I've gone too fa...
124 0 29
A killer is on the loose. Kara needs to catch him. Harry will lose everything if she does
12K 290 27
One of the oldest most terrifying vampires of all time and has waited 897 years for his soul mate:Harry Styles ◈Extarct: I watched as the mans lifele...